PDA

View Full Version : King Dom

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 09:33 PM
What's the situation with this guy? Gone from our key striker, to not even a 1st pick in a short time!
Is he on his way out the door? Looks to me like something going on behind the scenes

MWHIBBIES
26-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Rested for a cup game?

Jones28
26-08-2015, 09:42 PM
League cup 2nd round against Stranraer, not exactly a massive game. Well, for most other teams anyway.

IberianHibernian
26-08-2015, 09:42 PM
What's the situation with this guy? Gone from our key striker, to not even a 1st pick in a short time!
Is he on his way out the door? Looks to me like something going on behind the scenesWas thinking the same as I watched game tonight . Of the 4 strikers we`ve got when all fit he`s the one who`s a bit different and obviously a level above others although with possible doubts about workrate and maybe fitness . Despite the score we won comfortably enough tonight but with Dom any doubts might have been dismissed much earlier .

Bostonhibby
26-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Listening to the game on radio tonight I wondered if he'd been dropped for being too quick ? :offski:

BoomtownHibees
26-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Can't say it was because he was rested for a cup game when he never played on Sunday either.

I think he would be first out the door if we need to sell to bring someone else in

we are hibs
26-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Can't say it was because he was rested for a cup game when he never played on Sunday either.

I think he would be first out the door if we need to sell to bring someone else in

The fact he never played on Sunday was down to the formation and style of play we were playing for that specific game rather than anything else.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 10:01 PM
The fact he never played on Sunday was down to the formation and style of play we were playing for that specific game rather than anything else.

He came on as a sub on Sunday, I think!

BoomtownHibees
26-08-2015, 10:02 PM

I agree. However he didn't play on Sunday as the lone striker then doesn't play tonight when we play 2 up top

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 10:04 PM
I agree. However he didn't play on Sunday as the lone striker then doesn't play tonight when we play 2 up top

Did we play 2 up top tonight?

BoomtownHibees
26-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Did we play 2 up top tonight?

Yes. Cummings and Boyle

NthCarolinaHibs
26-08-2015, 10:09 PM
He came on as a sub on Sunday, I think!
Thought I missed something on Sunday too...

Andy74
26-08-2015, 10:28 PM
He has been injured so maybe just giving him some time. We could do with him back.

Scouse Hibee
26-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Looked poor so far so probably dropped and rightly so.

Forza Fred
27-08-2015, 03:24 AM
Looked poor so far so probably dropped and rightly so.

This.

And he certainly isn't an 'impact' player coming off the bench.

lucky
27-08-2015, 04:50 AM
Boyle was poor last night. He is not a CF and can't play up front with Cummings. I don't think many on here have got the team right in the last couple of games. Malonga's work rate is the issue. Teams are sitting in against us but he drops deep and wants the ball to feet but we need a target man and a player to run off the knock downs. We don't have the players to play through teams.

southern hibby
27-08-2015, 05:10 AM
I thought Boyle was used as a winger who was allowed to drift in. If that was a strikers performance then Boyle really needs lessons in positioning.

I understand that people read the game differently but was Boyle really a striker last night? Because I for one don't think he was

GGTTH

BoomtownHibees
27-08-2015, 07:29 AM
I thought Boyle was used as a winger who was allowed to drift in. If that was a strikers performance then Boyle really needs lessons in positioning.

I understand that people read the game differently but was Boyle really a striker last night? Because I for one don't think he was

GGTTH

I say he was as a striker as the 4 in midfield played as a diamond with Fyvie sitting, Dylan and McGinn in front of him then Henderson at the top of the diamond. This would only work with playing 2 strikers which were Cummings and Boyle.

It did change when Carmichael came on and at that point Boyle moved out to the right and we played the same system as we did against The Rangers on Sunday.

Ronniekirk
27-08-2015, 07:30 AM

GGTTH
we'll if he was ,it didn't work He flits in and out the game and we rarely managed to put a ball through for him where he could just chase it using his pace and get away from the defence one on one against the keeper
Second half he had some good touches and beat his man out wide ,and he had a couple of great mazzy runs into the box ,but then wasted it with no end product . That lack of composure in box against Stranaer was a feature of the young team last night and was surprised tha as game wore on they looked like the team driving on for the goal and we couldn't find more space
Fyfie bursting into box and getting to by line cutting it across for the goal was what I expected from Boyle last night .

yekimevol
27-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Ive really not been impressed with his performances this season; to me the first rangers game in the cup when he kept passing to the wrong team and being subbed about 25 mins into the game summed up his play this season.

The Leith Dutch
27-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Malonga's work rate is the issue. Teams are sitting in against us but he drops deep and wants the ball to feet but we need a target man and a player to run off the knock downs. We don't have the players to play through teams.

Work rate, while I get what you mean, is a thorny one.
I see fans shouting at players for not running around enough and also for running around like a headless chicken and that most often happens when the team as a whole is struggling in a game.

Malonga's game clearly isn't the all action striker one and he's a laid back player which, when we're not doing well it's incredibly frustrating.

I think he finds good space and he's got an excellent touch and vision to play people in but he's a player that can easily look awful if no-one is on his wavelength while looking amazing if there's two or three guys around him who are in synch with him.

Not suggesting he's a world class striker but he is a player whose biggest asset is how he works with other players around him.

MrRobot
27-08-2015, 10:50 AM
I ****ing love Malonga.

inglisavhibs
27-08-2015, 11:28 AM

GGTTH
Nope, he played as a striker and occasionally drifted wide. He has to play wide either as a wing back or wide midfielder. He doesn't have the tools to play as a striker and Stubbs should know that.

Alfred E Newman
27-08-2015, 11:31 AM
I say he was as a striker as the 4 in midfield played as a diamond with Fyvie sitting, Dylan and McGinn in front of him then Henderson at the top of the diamond. This would only work with playing 2 strikers which were Cummings and Boyle.

It did change when Carmichael came on and at that point Boyle moved out to the right and we played the same system as we did against The Rangers on Sunday.

It looked more like the old Christmas tree formation to me.
4 at the back, Fyfie McGinn and McGeough, Henderson an Boyle, with Cummings on his own up front. Ridiculous formation to play at home to anybody never mind Stranraer.