PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Sleight away

Peevemor
26-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Confirmed in an email I just received.

Finally just a quick note to inform you all that this will be my final week at Easter Road as I move away to fresh challenges.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everybody for supporting the service throughout the various highs and lows experienced over the past five-and-half years.

After a few big bumps in the road, I strongly believe we now have the capability to push out quality video streams that everybody will enjoy.

Working for Hibernian - the team I supported in the stands for years before I was given the role - has been an absolute privilege and it has left an indelible mark on my family's life.

The fact my two sons have been given the middle names Patrick and Frank probably tells its own story! I'm looking forward to returning to my previous life as a supporter and I fully intend to pop back to Easter Road as frequently as possible (as long as my long-suffering missus allows it).

All the best for the future Andrew :aok:

Centre Hawf
26-08-2015, 03:20 PM
All the best to him. Clearly has the club at heart.

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Any idea what he's moving onto?

Best of luck to Andrew :aok:

Peevemor
26-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Any idea what he's moving onto?

Best of luck to Andrew :aok:

No idea. I just cut and paste the quote from a general email to Hibs TV overseas subscribers.

Golden Bear
26-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Further speculative & scurrilous posts to follow no doubt.

Squealing pig
26-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Good luck to him

Keith_M
26-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Further speculative & scurrilous posts to follow no doubt.

About you?

:confused:

Golden Bear
26-08-2015, 03:47 PM
About you?

:confused:

no.

Following on from the other recent departures from the Club and the speculative chat as to the reasons why they left.

jacomo
26-08-2015, 03:49 PM
no.

Following on from the other recent departures from the Club and the speculative chat as to the reasons why they left.

He's been poached by that pushy upstart club fae Govan??

DaveF
26-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Good luck to him on his new role. He clearly struggled with the TV side to start with but persevered and all in, did a really good job.

Golden Bear
26-08-2015, 03:51 PM
He's been poached by that pushy upstart club fae Govan??

That will do nicely for starters.

We're up and running.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-08-2015, 04:16 PM
All the best to him and his family.

Gerard
26-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks for your service to our club and good luck in your future employment.

California-Hibs
26-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Good luck Andrew and thanks for your hard work. Now step forward, GRANT STOTT! :greengrin Seriously though, I think Grant would do a fantastic job as the main media man! Still remember him getting the place jumping before the Dnipro home game :agree:

The Green Goblin
26-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Thank you Andrew, for everything you did for all the Hibees overseas. There were a few bumps, but overall the thing really came on leaps and bounds when you ran it. We now have HQ stream of superb quality. Thanks also for helping far flung fans find tickets for the big cup games. Best of luck for the future!

Septimus
26-08-2015, 06:31 PM
IYes. he gave a truly personal service to those of us overseas. Good luck go with you Andrew.

PeeJay
26-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Sorry to hear Andrew's leaving - think he worked really hard to get a decent service finally up and running particularly for all us overseas fans, we now have an excellent stream (mostly) ... thanks for that Andrew and all the best in your future endeavours!

IberianHibernian
26-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Yes thanks for your efforts and good luck in the future . The interest you showed to overseas fans was greatly appreciated and I hope your successor also appreciates the importance of keeping distant fans involved .

dp00
26-08-2015, 07:55 PM
There does appear to be loads of folk leaving from behind the scenes atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
26-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Have to say that I've no idea who he is.

California-Hibs
26-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Thank you Andrew, for everything you did for all the Hibees overseas. There were a few bumps, but overall the thing really came on leaps and bounds when you ran it. We now have HQ stream of superb quality. Thanks also for helping far flung fans find tickets for the big cup games. Best of luck for the future!

I echo these comments. The HQ stream in particular is superb and I'm very grateful for all the hard work he put in to get us it!

IberianHibernian
26-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Reading this thread and Ancient H asking who AS is would it not be an idea for club to look for someone to deal with overseas / distant fans ( international TV stuff , setting up club for overseas fans , promotion of club abroad generally ( contacting foreign workers and students who are in Edinburgh then return home - in Spain I`ve met Spaniards who`ve been really happy to meet a fellow Hibby after they`ve become Hibbies after a year or two in Edinburgh , Irish thing ( no flag debate - it`s been done ) , merchandise , news about places where fans can see matches on TV / online etc , links with London / Lancashire / Orkney /Ireland etc . Could be a part - time post .

GreenLake
27-08-2015, 03:24 AM
I liked Andrew doing the interviews and match commentary from time to time. He was a real professional and a knowledgeable football pundit in his own right. I Sleighted him for a while when HibsTV service was awful and delayed but in the grand long scheme of things he upgraded everything in the right way and he deserves to get the credit for that.

Good job Andrew, thank you for your service and best of luck!

InterviewLoI
27-08-2015, 03:38 PM
As I said on a different thread, Andrew has been brilliant since we started covering Hibs early on in Pat Fenlon's tenure. If it weren't for him, the numerous interviews we've filmed over in Edinburgh, or my personal connection with the club and city would have never materialized. For that I am eternally grateful!

The Weeman's Mum
27-08-2015, 05:28 PM
:thumbsup: Andrew went above and beyond the call of duty on numerous occassions to help out my son. For that, my son is very grateful. He will be missed. All the best Andrew. Good luck for the future.