PDA

View Full Version : The board

KeithTheHibby
25-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Isn't it great to see the board backing Stubbs this season? Some top drawer signings made who, as individuals, would be playing in the top league this season.

Fingers crossed Stubbs can get them all playing together!

Onion
25-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Isn't it great to see the board backing Stubbs this season? Some top drawer signings made who, as individuals, would be playing in the top league this season.

Seen this before with the Hibs Board, just not much in the last 8 years. The Board have always backed a manager who has shown they know what the hell they're doing. Stubbs has done that.

GreenCastle
25-08-2015, 02:04 PM

We have done nothing yet...get promoted and credit will be due.

Until then I will back the team/manager but we really shouldn't be in this situation - and I know myself and others still have issues with the way they have messed up the club over the last few years with some horrendous appointments and lack of backing after selling so many players.

Looking forward yes but you would be a fool to forget the past.

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2015, 02:19 PM

Until then I will back the team/manager but we really shouldn't be in this situation - and I know myself and others still have issues with the way they have messed up the club over the last few years with some horrendous appointments and lack of backing after selling so many players.

Not denying your last statement mate but surely there comes a time when you have to leave the past in the past and acknowledge the regime has changed and moved on?

GreenCastle
25-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Not denying your last statement mate but surely there comes a time when you have to leave the past in the past and acknowledge the regime has changed and moved on?

We will only really know if this regime has been a success come the end of the season - until then no excuses - results on pitch please and I will continue to go to ER each week supporting Stubbs and the players.

hibs0666
25-08-2015, 03:08 PM

That's why the whole governance and management structure of the club has changed beyond recognition over the last 18 months.

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2015, 04:02 PM
We will only really know if this regime has been a success come the end of the season - until then no excuses - results on pitch please and I will continue to go to ER each week supporting Stubbs and the players.

How would you define a success though? As I was telling some hun friends on Saturday night, no matter what the score was on Sunday, I would still wake up on Monday morning, look in the mirror and say " Thank fck, I am still a Hib's supporter"

Scottie
25-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Seen this before with the Hibs Board, just not much in the last 8 years. The Board have always backed a manager who has shown they know what the hell they're doing. Stubbs has done that.
:agree: No club can get it right on the pitch without equal effort coming from the suits upstairs.
Pleased the manager is getting the backing he rightfully deserves to get us back where we belong. :aok:

jdships
25-08-2015, 05:03 PM

Excellent post IMHO !!
Says a lot !!
However re the highlighted text .
Many times over the past 75 years of being a Hibbee I have had to " bite the bullet" and forget the past or I would have been in the " looney bin" methinks :greengrin:rolleyes:

bingo70
25-08-2015, 05:21 PM
That's why the whole governance and management structure of the club has changed beyond recognition over the last 18 months.

As it did with hearts but to date they've done a much better job of that transition.

I agree with green devil, it's great to see the board back the manager and the signs are promising but I'm not about to go over board with praise for them given where we currently are.

PatHead
25-08-2015, 05:39 PM
As it did with hearts but to date they've done a much better job of that transition.

I agree with green devil, it's great to see the board back the manager and the signs are promising but I'm not about to go over board with praise for them given where we currently are.

Just out of interest what else do you think the board should do?

Newhaven
25-08-2015, 06:09 PM

Whilst applauding the board for their moves and 'looking to the future' it's a shame to see the figurehead of that old regime still hold a position in the board.

He should of walked the minute we got Leanne in and why he still hangs about the club is beyond me.

Andy74
25-08-2015, 06:12 PM
I think the boards recently have backed managers very well. They probably didn't have the right set ups to get the most out of all we had though. They need to take the blame for that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2015, 06:13 PM

Aye, all the shafted creditors are overjoyed.

StevieBoyKdy
25-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Pity the old board didn't fork out from 2007 onwards and we wouldn't be having any of this. How a club of our size got in this mini mess is not on.

onwards and upwards.

superfurryhibby
25-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Aye, all the shafted creditors are overjoyed.

I'm sure the Jambos will be losing sleep over that and unable to enjoy their five match winning streak:na na:

In the meantime, the board have backed the manager in a pragmatic way. Stubbs has gone a long way towards building his own team and I feel that they need to deliver this season in order to show that we appointed the right man.

I would still like to see Petrie away and I await improvement to all the ancillary things that fans have highlighted, better merchandising ( with clever marketing of retro goods etc), decent catering etc. That may take time, due to contractual obligations etc. These issues are only benchmarks, but deep down most of us just want a team worthy of our continuing support.

bingo70
25-08-2015, 08:06 PM

I've no idea and tbh I don't really care that much.

Imo too much emphasis is put on the board and what they do or don't do. Its nice to see the club more in touch with its supporters than it was but ultimately all that's important is how that translates to the pitch.

GreenT
25-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Pity more fans don't back the team. The home support has been shocking of late made worse by them across the city having sell outs.

green day
25-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Pity more fans don't back the team. The home support has been shocking of late made worse by them across the city having sell outs.

Yes, and really surprising as we are in the premier, having skooshed the league last year.

Oh, hang on no that was them.........

IberianHibernian
25-08-2015, 10:03 PM
I'm sure the Jambos will be losing sleep over that and unable to enjoy their five match winning streak:na na:

In the meantime, the board have backed the manager in a pragmatic way. Stubbs has gone a long way towards building his own team and I feel that they need to deliver this season in order to show that we appointed the right man.

I would still like to see Petrie away and I await improvement to all the ancillary things that fans have highlighted, better merchandising ( with clever marketing of retro goods etc), decent catering etc. That may take time, due to contractual obligations etc. These issues are only benchmarks, but deep down most of us just want a team worthy of our continuing support. Agree with this . Whoever is in charge of the club the first thing fans ( regular attenders of ER , lifelong Hibbies but lapsed for whatever reason etc etc ) , press and neutrals will look at is results on the field . For many fans , performances will be a close second if not a first . Then folk will look for improvements in lots of things like catering , merchandise , communication etc It`s not that many years ago that hibs.net was full of threads along the lines of " in the tache we trust " etc which has now become threads about the amazing change in the club since Petrie took a less prominent role and how in " Leeanne / Stubbs we trust " . It`s great that there are regular meetings with fans but how many of those that talk about unbelievable progress off the field don`t attend those meetings or don`t have direct contact with people at the club ? Not a criticism of those that organise or attend meetings ( far from it ) but I don`t think many fans will praise whoever runs the club on and off the pitch until results and performances are significantly better and that`s without touching on merchandise , replying to e mails , catering etc . ( examples only , none of them bother me but could affect other fans ) .

Thecat23
25-08-2015, 10:06 PM

To learn from mistakes you need to look at the past and make sure that situation never happens again. Not just 'forget' it happened!

I'm certainly looking forward but what's happened to Hibs won't be forgotten to quickly while we are playing Morton, Dumbarton etc every week.

GreenCastle
25-08-2015, 11:20 PM

Has the regime really changed ?

There are still 2 people who have been at our club for a long time and overseen a lot of the mess that has occurred.

Again - will give praise where it's due but currently our club is seriously under performing.

How would I define success ? - for the amount we pay for ST's / shares / merchandise / food at the stadium etc...for a capital city club with a 20,000 seated capacity..when our neighbours across the city have been in severe turmoil and come out through transition and are now winning matches in the top league...like it or not I would say they are our rivals and we should be up there with them competing.

I'm going to wait for the thank you and well done posts till the end of the season...when hopefully we will be back in the league we belong.

Lucius Apuleius
26-08-2015, 05:04 PM
To learn from mistakes you need to look at the past and make sure that situation never happens again. Not just 'forget' it happened!

I'm certainly looking forward but what's happened to Hibs won't be forgotten to quickly while we are playing Morton, Dumbarton etc every week.

The past determines your present determines your future. Nobody said forget it. lessons should be learned and we move forward without the baggage that comes from always looking back. By all means appreciate it, but learn to let it go.

Has the regime really changed ?

There are still 2 people who have been at our club for a long time and overseen a lot of the mess that has occurred.

Again - will give praise where it's due but currently our club is seriously under performing.

How would I define success ? - for the amount we pay for ST's / shares / merchandise / food at the stadium etc...for a capital city club with a 20,000 seated capacity..when our neighbours across the city have been in severe turmoil and come out through transition and are now winning matches in the top league...like it or not I would say they are our rivals and we should be up there with them competing.

I'm going to wait for the thank you and well done posts till the end of the season...when hopefully we will be back in the league we belong.

Nobody is saying well done or thank you either. I do think the regime has changed, yes. Petrie is not making the decisions as far as I can see. Sir Tom is going nowhere at the minute and I don't think has ever interfered in the way the club is run apart from the financial stuff he got up to. Nobody is saying everything is bright but it is a helluva lot better than it was two years ago in my opinion. Our rivals have been in turmoil? My butt! They cheated their way to what they have won. We could run up a nice 50 million quid debt then write it all off after winning a couple of cups, spend a season in the first division and come back again. Would you like it? I certainly wouldn't. We have spent mon ey on the infrastructure that was required. They have not. They are not out of the woods by any manner of means.