View Full Version : Good luck Malmo

24-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Have fond memories of our visit to the beautiful and friendly city of Malmo. I hope the experience of the invasion from the self proclaimed BFITW is not too harrowing for the good folk of Malmo and wish them good luck against the 'pigs' :greengrin hopefully the same result as they got against us:coolhib:

24-08-2015, 01:53 PM
If Celtic go through don't we get cash though? Seen AgentScotland (I know) say we get an extra 50k for the Scott Allan transfer if the go through?

24-08-2015, 01:55 PM
It's a strange one as I want griffiths to score and do well, but not that fussed about Celtic going through.

24-08-2015, 01:57 PM
It's a strange one as I want griffiths to score and do well, but not that fussed about Celtic going through.

Yep, I'm the exact same. Always been one for supporting Scottish teams apart from Hearts and Rangers though. Plus I am bitter about them beating us 9-0.

24-08-2015, 01:59 PM
If Celtic go through don't we get cash though? Seen AgentScotland (I know) say we get an extra 50k for the Scott Allan transfer if the go through?

How much? I'm not supporting them for less than 250K. I have my principles :-D

24-08-2015, 02:02 PM
I don't mind watching Celtic in the CL. Would much rather watch Celtic v Barcelona than Malmö v Barcelona. Plus I want to see how Griffiths would get on

24-08-2015, 02:05 PM
I don't mind watching Celtic in the CL. Would much rather watch Celtic v Barcelona than Malmö v Barcelona. Plus I want to see how Griffiths would get on

No interest in Celtic playing anybody to be honest, now Hibs V Barca would be worth watching:agree:

Godsahibby
24-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Good luck Celtic for me, I want to see Scottish teams playing in Europe.

24-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Good luck Celtic. Can never be so bitter as not to support the British team.

24-08-2015, 02:15 PM

So you'll be supporting United in Brugge, SH? ;-)

24-08-2015, 02:20 PM
So you'll be supporting United in Brugge, SH? ;-)

Errrrrrr

hibsmad
24-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Find it strange that people want to see Griffiths score and do well in a Celtic strip. I understand why he is at Celtic and certainly don't hold it against him. However it is still Celtic!

I don't want anyone to do well over there and it also feels like a kick in the baws every time I see his name on the scoresheet for them. My baws are now starting to get pretty sore as he scores in nearly every ****ing game!

24-08-2015, 03:34 PM
I hope Malmo give them a good doing.

24-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Enjoyed my trip to Malmo but still want Celtic to win. Always want Scottish teams to do well bar Hearts

24-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Malmo win for me by 2

24-08-2015, 03:43 PM
I really couldn't care either way.

24-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Malmo will pump them.

24-08-2015, 03:44 PM
I hate Celtc and I'm still bitter about getting beat 9-0 by Malmo,

...so stuff the both of them!

24-08-2015, 03:46 PM
I hope Celtic win.....it will annoy Rangers fans.

24-08-2015, 03:53 PM
mon scottish clubs in european competition :aok:

24-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Got quite a few Celtic supporting mates . Quite enjoy watching their CL games with they said mates .

Agnes Gordon
24-08-2015, 04:16 PM
My logic here is that a Celtic win will be the result that will annoy Der Hun so I rooting for that

24-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Only Scottish club I want to see do well in any competition is Hibs (the fact that we're pish is another story!!)

Couldn't care less about any other club especially the likes of Celtic, Hearts and Sevco.

24-08-2015, 04:18 PM
I hope Celtic win.....it will annoy Rangers fans.

Whilst delighting Celtic fans at the same time? Stuff that. Since when was joining in with their rivalry fun?

24-08-2015, 04:57 PM
I actively hate three clubs in Scotland, Hearts and the Gruesome Twosome.

If it's any other Scottish club playing in Europe, then I hope they win.

24-08-2015, 05:01 PM
I hope Malmo pump them sideways.

24-08-2015, 05:06 PM
I think they go into the Europa league anyway if they lose so I'd rather see them in the champions league. They'll get thrashed off everyone and their campaign will be over quicker.

bod
24-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Moan the hoops,do it for Scotland

24-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Moan the hoops,do it for Scotland

24-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Hope Malmo hump them.

Celtic? :giruy2::giruy2:

24-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Moan the hoops,do it for Ireland
Fixed that for you :wink:

hibbymick
24-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Every week I hope they get pumped so im not suddenly going to change just because they are in Europe. Mon The Malmo.

24-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Hope Celtc win just to annoy the huns

24-08-2015, 06:44 PM
I think they go into the Europa league anyway if they lose so I'd rather see them in the champions league. They'll get thrashed off everyone and their campaign will be over quicker.

I doubt they will earn the £15m from the Europa Cup which they will if they beat Malmo and get into CL football.

Get your pennies on a Malmo win with both teams to score. :thumbsup:

24-08-2015, 06:55 PM
I doubt they will earn the £15m from the Europa Cup which they will if they beat Malmo and get into CL football.

Get your pennies on a Malmo win with both teams to score. :thumbsup:

Do you think so Silver? I think they'll go over to Malmo and win on the night as well

24-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Find it strange that people want to see Griffiths score and do well in a Celtic strip. I understand why he is at Celtic and certainly don't hold it against him. However it is still Celtic!

I don't want anyone to do well over there and it also feels like a kick in the baws every time I see his name on the scoresheet for them. My baws are now starting to get pretty sore as he scores in nearly every ****ing game!

24-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Hope they both lose. Two horrible clubs with questionable morals.

24-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Do you think so Silver? I think they'll go over to Malmo and win on the night as well

Malmo have a good record at home and score goals as well, so yeah i think Malmo will win the game and they are well in to there season and doing well which will help them as well, Celtc & Scott Brown won't get away with what they do in the SPL, European refs won't let them away with it and will think nothing of showing the cards to them when they fly in to tackles, Van Dyke (if he plays) won't want to get injured and ruin his chance of a move to the EPL before the window closes either.

My pennies are on a Malmo win and a fine heading Celtcs way for letting of flares at the game. :thumbsup:

24-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Moan the hoops,do it for ScotlandHilarious

24-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Is it on telly?

24-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Is it on telly?

Not on mines. :greengrin

24-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Is it on telly?

BT Sport Europe.

24-08-2015, 07:44 PM
BT Sport Europe.Thanks

24-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Malmo was a class trip. Shame the greatest fans in the world will be there tomorrow.

Still got the photos from the trip. :aok:

bod
24-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Fixed that for you :wink:

well can you un "fix that for you " then :agree:

proud_and_green
24-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I agree. Always support the Scottish team.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

24-08-2015, 08:24 PM
I actively hate three clubs in Scotland, Hearts and the Gruesome Twosome.

If it's any other Scottish club playing in Europe, then I hope they win.

It helps that going Malmö was such a great trip as well. Though I was one of the misguided that thought Rowan Vine hitting the post over there was a glimmer of hope for the second leg...

24-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Want Malmo to win.....Sickening seeing Celtic get richer and plundering their rivals, then having the audacity to moan about lack of competition....

24-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Mon the Malmo

24-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Malmo was a class trip. Shame the greatest fans in the world will be there tomorrow.

Still got the photos from the trip. :aok:

Any with me in it, drinking with yer auld man? :greengrin

24-08-2015, 10:19 PM
**** malmo and celtic.

24-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Hope they get pumped, absolutely disgusting club.

24-08-2015, 11:02 PM

I'll shall check my album on facebook to see if there's any. :wink:

Nutmegged
25-08-2015, 01:15 AM
I'll be rooting for Celtic, its great for Scottish Football to be represented in the Champions League, I think it promotes our game well and makes our club game appealing to players abroad if they can see the SPFL represented at that level, I'd also love to see how Leigh Griffiths gets on against some of the biggest and bestand famous clubs in the World.

I've got family members who are Celtic, I don't mind seeing them do well so long as its not at the expense of Hibs....and on a greedier note, If Celtic really raise the bar in terms of player performance then it might hopefully inspire Liam Henderson to big things in a Hibernian jersey this Season.

liamh2202
25-08-2015, 04:59 AM
Hope Malmo hump them.

Celtic? :giruy2::giruy2:

Yup hope they hammer them. Doesn't help Scottish football at all IMO. Just makes Celtic richer and the gap bigger.

25-08-2015, 05:43 AM
If Celtic win, Ill be happy for Scottish football, the 50k(?), and our Griffiths to get some CL group stage experience. Will come in handy in a few years when he returns.
If Malmo do them, Ill have a wee chuckle.

25-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Anything that stops Deila from performing his usual post match antics will do for me. He's an amazingly annoying character.

bill the hibby
25-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Bit bias towards celtic when it comes to Europe because I've been brought up in a family fully of celtic supporters, usually don't have a problem with them doing well in the champions league and think the atmosphere at celtic park is electric on champions league night...plus I hate Malmö and their over opinionated players

25-08-2015, 08:21 AM
I've never met a Malmo fan that disgusts me to the core, Celtic fans on the other hand.......

25-08-2015, 08:26 AM

It helps that going Malmö was such a great trip as well. Though I was one of the misguided that thought Rowan Vine hitting the post over there was a glimmer of hope for the second leg...

Did you have to mention him? :greengrin

In a league table of appalling Hibs signings he is right up there.

Nemo
25-08-2015, 10:57 AM
I agree. Always support the Scottish team.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Our teams are a product/commodity,whether we like it or not, scottish football as a whole would benefit from all the scottish teams doing well...

teams do well, perception about our quality rises, easier to get investment/sponsorship, good players see us as a place they want to play and so on and so forth..

Do i want celtic to win??

AYE RIGHT GTF HOPE YE GET SHAFTED

25-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Usual nonsense when Celtic are in Europe.

No I don't want them to win!!

More money for Celtic isn't good for Hibs or the Scottish game - simple as that.

Them getting stronger makes the gap widen as the league more of a farce.

Hope they get humiliated tonight and lose any players who wanted to play in CL.

25-08-2015, 11:12 AM
I wonder how many of the folk wanting the Scottish team to do well in Europe would say the same if it was hearts or the huns in Europe?

Im consistent, I hate them all. I hope celtic get pumped and whilst I do agree the huns are more vile than anyone else on the planet, I hold no regard for glasgow celtc, however much some of that lot think we have some kind of kinship with them.

I'll support MY team exclusively if thats cool? It'll be a different matter when folk moan about the vast wealth and resources celtc have next time we play them tho eh?

A stronger and richer celtic, when we get back to the SPL, damages the cabbage. Therefore, they are, our enemy. Scottish fitba will benefit far more when all the teams competing have a more level playing field. Thats NOT achieved by the unwashed making even more money in Europe...........

I hope they get rodgered well and truly and anything that shuts up Ronnie and his pals will do me nicely.

Err, thats it for me.

FIRST TO WEAR THE GREEN. ENDOF

GGTTH YA BASS :aok:

25-08-2015, 11:15 AM
I wonder how many of the folk wanting the Scottish team to do well in Europe would say the same if it was hearts or the huns in Europe?

Im consistent, I hate them all. I hope celtic get pumped and whilst I do agree the huns are more vile than anyone else on the planet, I hold no regard for glasgow celtc, however much some of that lot think we have some kind of kinship with them.

I'll support MY team exclusively if thats cool? It'll be a different matter when folk moan about the vast wealth and resources celtc have next time we play them tho eh?

A stronger and richer celtic, when we get back to the SPL, damages the cabbage. Therefore, they are, our enemy. Scottish fitba will benefit far more when all the teams competing have a more level playing field. Thats NOT achieved by the unwashed making even more money in Europe...........

I hope they get rodgered well and truly and anything that shuts up Ronnie and his pals will do me nicely.

Err, thats it for me.

Deserves a round of :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause:

25-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Reckon Malmo will do it.

25-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Come on Malmo!

Coults1875
25-08-2015, 11:33 AM
C'mon Malmo!

25-08-2015, 01:55 PM

Err, thats it for me.

Excellent post here.

khib70
25-08-2015, 02:19 PM

Err, thats it for me.

This. 1000 per cent. Sick to death of embarrasing Sellick love-ins on here. Hell mend the lot of them, Brown and Griffiths included

25-08-2015, 02:26 PM
This. 1000 per cent. Sick to death of embarrasing Sellick love-ins on here. Hell mend the lot of them, Brown and Griffiths included

Sign me up to this as well. Wanting Celtc, Rangers or Hearts to win at anything, never mind a game of fitba'?

That'll be the ****ing day.

Get the pigs pumped Malmo. So to speak....................

25-08-2015, 02:32 PM
If we get extra cash for Scott A then I want them to get through. If not a large defeat.

I find it difficult to turn of dislike and think it is contradictory to want them to get pumped except in Europe. If Hibs ever look like getting back into Europe then the co-efficient may interest me and I might want all Scottish Teams to do well. In a perfect world rankings would not be used and I could pretty much want the Celtc, Sevco and Hearts to get pumped at pretty much all times unless of course a defeat for them advantages Hibs.

Hibstrooper
25-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Whilst not actively supporting Celtic, I'd like to see them do well tonight and Griffiths in particular.

25-08-2015, 03:43 PM
I tend to take each of these games as they come.

Sometimes I want the Scottish team to do well, sometimes I want them to get pumped.

I found myself wanting Celtic to win the other week and I suppose I probably will again in this game. We're not in Celtic's league at the moment so they don't wind me up right now like they can do. There's also the Griffiths factor, hard not to want him to do well.

I've even wanted Rangers to win in Europe in the past. Sometimes it is just the way the mood takes me.

More often than not I just have a quiet chuckle at them getting knocked out though.

Can't say I feel that strongly either way though. There's only one team that gets me wound up.

25-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Whilst not actively supporting Celtic, I'd like to see them do well tonight and Griffiths in particular.

I do enjoy a televised European night from Celtic Park in the dark nights of winter so for reason alone, I hope they get there.

25-08-2015, 04:53 PM

In black and white~

25-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Wonder if Celtic will play a flat pack 4 in Sweden tonight

25-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Awwww reported, BW :-D

25-08-2015, 05:31 PM
STV just interviewed some Sellic fans in the square in Malmo.....Fond memories of that trip we had.....

25-08-2015, 05:33 PM

:applause::applause:

Canon Hannan
25-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Good luck Celtic. Anything to wind up Scotland's shame. Like the guys above it depends on the mood. I want all Scottish teams to win in Europe apart from Gorgie and SEVCO.

25-08-2015, 05:55 PM
This is a cannot lose match for me.

Celtic get stuffed .... am happy. They're an arrogant, horrible little club.

Celtic win ..... am happy. They gave us a decent deal with SA that stuck it to the Huns, the extra £21M revenue will further increase the gap between them and the Huns, and we still have a Scottish interest in the CL.

ScapeGoat
25-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Dunno what more I've to do but scoring goals for fun hasn't endeared me to the unwashed.
£150k Petrie!

Roxyhibee
25-08-2015, 06:01 PM
If the copycat greens weren't pocketing 20,000,000+ quid.?! and all the SPL teams 150 grand each, I might cut them some slack, - but Hibees come first and there's no benefit to us at all - only less for us in the finances race, so Malmo for me tonight, although I've no like for them either..

Yes, looking at that little square brought back great memories - although I thought the Malmo fans inside the ground with their p!sh, robotic, 'ultra' singing was pathetic.. ******s.!

Was fantastic watching them all leaving the ground at the end of the game looking at us in bewildered silence as we were going mental giving it the Malmö chant..haha. Must have been even weirder for them watching aulder guys like me standing on the front wall in kilt...

Btw, thought the Swedish cops and security were absolutely brilliant - young guys dancing on that front wall beside us, literally falling onto stewards on the pitch - and they were just gently put back up by them.. Imagine that over here .? - especially through in Weegland.?! Hosted 3 Malmo fans for the return leg and they were stopped conga-ing along their row by our security.!! Embarrassing..

25-08-2015, 06:04 PM
the extra £21M revenue will further increase the gap between them and the Huns, and we still have a Scottish interest in the CL.

Aye, happy days eh? :-(

Chibs
25-08-2015, 06:13 PM
I tend to take each of these games as they come.

Sometimes I want the Scottish team to do well, sometimes I want them to get pumped.

I found myself wanting Celtic to win the other week and I suppose I probably will again in this game. We're not in Celtic's league at the moment so they don't wind me up right now like they can do. There's also the Griffiths factor, hard not to want him to do well.

I've even wanted Rangers to win in Europe in the past. Sometimes it is just the way the mood takes me.

More often than not I just have a quiet chuckle at them getting knocked out though.

Can't say I feel that strongly either way though. There's only one team that gets me wound up.

This is how I feel exactly.

Interesting article from bbc scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34054771

25-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Good luck Celtic. Anything to wind up Scotland's shame. Like the guys above it depends on the mood. I want all Scottish teams to win in Europe apart from Gorgie and SEVCO.

Why's that? :-)

25-08-2015, 06:21 PM

:agree: Quite sad to be honest.

25-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Question to Hartson.

'Can you remember a time when Leigh Griffiths has been in better form than he is now?'

'No.'

25-08-2015, 06:28 PM
so , if sellick win tonight thus gaining our club an extra 50K as part of the SA deal...will those who want malmo to win call ER and tell the club to refuse the extra 50K...just out of curiosity likes

:)

25-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Hope Celtc get pumped but want extra revenue for Hibs too.

25-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Malmo are 2/1. I'm on it **** Celtic

25-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Malmo are 2/1. I'm on it **** Celtic

Got Malmö and Celtic to both score along with 9 other games :greengrin

25-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Interesting replies to this. I find it a bit odd that anyone could describe people saying they want a Scottish club to win as a Celtic love in though. Not seeing that anywhere. I suppose hyperbole is inherent in footy chat.

For me it's an each to their own thing. In the past I've wanted Scottish teams, even them and the Hun to win in Europe. Not with any passion or anything, just a passive thing, verging on the couldnae give a toss. I've also quite enjoyed their defeats.

What I do find bizarre is the passion some feel for English clubs. Having grown up in the preSky era, I just don't get it. Even when I lived in Barcelona, I struggled to develop any great affinity for my local team. I support Hibs and Scotland, the only teams whose results can get me worked up. The rest is grist t'mill,

25-08-2015, 06:46 PM
quite like the stadium

25-08-2015, 06:50 PM
This a billion times. **** Sellick, Griffiths, 'Broony', square heed, Delia, the whole shower of them.

Mon the Malmo

25-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Looking at Berget gives me nightmares with his Rowan Vine look.

25-08-2015, 06:52 PM
The sound of Chris Sutton is almost intolerable.

25-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Superb atmosphere

25-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Some folk just love to hate anything and everything.

sixtwo
25-08-2015, 07:01 PM
I hope Celtic go through. Sparky and Broony were brilliant for us. Malmo gave us a doing and I would love to see a Scottish club get the better of them!

Roxyhibee
25-08-2015, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;4451147]so , if sellick win tonight thus gaining our club an extra 50K as part of the SA deal...will those who want malmo to win call ER and tell the club to refuse the extra 50K...just out of curiosity likes

It's all relative though isn't it.? Don't our competitors in the SPL get £150,000 each if they win also.? Not sure of the exact figures but if this were the case, we might get £50,000 - but, would still lose out to Hertz, Sheep, - and the team whoever comes second bottom, who are a likelihood to be our opponents for the play off spot, getting a fair bit more. And who wants that..?!

Think about it...

25-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Looking at Berget gives me nightmares with his Rowan Vine look.

Sorry this is off topic, but how is Rowan doing these days? Who does he sort of play for, and does he still have that preposterous beard?

25-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I hope Celtic go through. Sparky and Broony were brilliant for us. Malmo gave us a doing and I would love to see a Scottish club get the better of them!

Me too. Come on the Scottish team. Give these Scottish flags a good waving. Eh hold on a minute. :greengrin

25-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Malmo look very nervous in defence. Celtc need to get at them.

25-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Sorry this is off topic, but how is Rowan doing these days? Who does he sort of play for, and does he still have that preposterous beard?

He was last with Welling United but I think he left them at the end of last season.

25-08-2015, 07:05 PM

Brown handed in a transfer request in the dressing room directly after a defeat. Griffiths kisses the Celtic badge now. Stuff them both.
I'd rather see us rectifying all the failings that lead to Malmo doing us over than cheer on the green bigots to somehow pay them back for us. How does that work?

25-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Get in there!!! :thumbsup:

25-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Sorry to gloat but:thumbsup:

1-0 Malmo

1-0 Malmo (3-3)

25-08-2015, 07:10 PM
He was last with Welling United but I think he left them at the end of last season.

Cheers. :aok:

25-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Top quality flapping by plooky

25-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Got Malmö and Celtic to both score along with 9 other games :greengrin

Great start for me. Need teams 12 to score :hyper

25-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Does anyone recall the name of the Malmo centre forward who destroyed us - he got a move to Bournemouth. Where is now ??

25-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Does anyone recall the name of the Malmo centre forward who destroyed us - he got a move to Bournemouth. Where is now ??

Tokelo Rantie - still with Bournemouth.

25-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Tokelo Rantie - still with Bournemouth.

Thanks. Appreciated. I was sure he would be a big star ...doesn't look like he has made much of an impact there

25-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Some atmosphere in the ground.

25-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Thanks. Appreciated. I was sure he would be a big star ...doesn't look like he has made much of an impact there

He hasn't played for them since March.

He's on the bench for them tonight against Hartlepool.

25-08-2015, 07:19 PM
He hasn't played for them since March.

He's on the bench for them tonight against Hartlepool.

Let's get him on loan ! :-)

25-08-2015, 07:19 PM

Aye, sounds like more than 20,000 there!

25-08-2015, 07:20 PM

What level of fans are you when you out sing the greatest fans in the world?

25-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Hibs need to get back into the top league / then Europe - the new Easter Road needs another proper shot at Europe.

LG should have seen red..knee to the baws.

If folk want to know why Scott Brown opts to stay in Scotland rather have a shot in the EPL, look no further than this game.

Why have Malmo got a Danish flag on the back of their shirts?

25-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Griffiths fortunate to stay on the park.

If folk want to know why Scott Brown opts to stay in Scotland rather have a shot in the EPL, look no further than this game.

Big fish small pond - comfy lifestyle

Fair point ...it must be magic to have a few of these games every season ....real football !

25-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Did Sparky knee that guy in the nuts? Pretty blatant!

25-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Can't beat the irony of Sutton talking about so called big hard men falling over with minimal contact

SuperAllyMcleod
25-08-2015, 07:27 PM

How can Sutton justify that - he basically kneed him in his thigh when the ball was out of play and Sutton said he was entitled to do that. What a clown.

25-08-2015, 07:27 PM

I hate that it is considered to be better to pick up pots of cash playing for Swansea, Bournemouth or Watford than to play Champions League football.

25-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Celtic have a goal ruled out. :faf:

Was that no handball by Malmö

SuperAllyMcleod

I hope you get an answer to that! I thought it was the Norwegian flag but even then you would think it should be the Swedish one if anything.

Lee Marvin
25-08-2015, 07:29 PM
I can't believe how much Chris Sutton is annoying me

Ouch, thats a sair yin for the second team to wear the green! :-)

Celtic have a goal ruled out. :faf:

Poor decision - and it looked like the Malmö defender handled the ball before it was knocked in to the net too

Too much protection for goalkeepers once again. That looked a goal.

These foreign ref's don't seem to want to give every decision to celtic, this cant be right?:greengrin

25-08-2015, 07:30 PM

It was a knee in the baws. 'Minimal contact' says Chris Sutton.

Poor decision - and it looked like the Malmö defender handled the ball before it was knocked in to the net too

Shocker. Penalty or goal. Very poor decision.

25-08-2015, 07:31 PM

Not a Danish flag mate (Danish cross is white on red), that flag is for the autonomous region is Sweden Malmo is in. If you look round the ground at their fans there are lots of them

Lee Marvin
World class save

I hate that it is considered to be better to pick up pots of cash playing for Swansea, Bournemouth or Watford than to play Champions League football.

He wouldnae get a game for Swansea.

No, clearly came off his thigh! :-)

25-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Talk about biased commentary !

Aye! :faf:

Not a Danish flag mate (Danish cross is white on red), that flag is for the autonomous region is Sweden Malmo is in. If you look round the ground at their fans there are lots of them

Right cheers. Hard to tell properly from the wee flag on the shirt. It looks Danish.

highland hibbee
25-08-2015, 07:36 PM
I hope you get an answer to that! I thought it was the Norwegian flag but even then you would think it should be the Swedish one if anything.

Are Celtic playing against two teams, Malmo and Rosenberg ? ;-)
Sutton's co- commentary is atrocious, BT Sport must be targeting subscriptions from the Great unwashed in the East end of Glasgow. I binned Setanta as couldn't stand Scott Booth, looks like it'll be the same for Sport if they don't bag Sutton. Doesn't he understand that we ain't all Sellick fans. Definite knee in the gonads by Griffiths, and wasn't the goal ruled out for a handball? Come on Malmo.

cjward2
25-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Feel bad for Celtic not getting that goal allowed. Laughed out loud to see Sparky kneeing the Malmo fella in the knackers:tee hee:
Hope that Celtic make it through this tie as I want the Scotland game to do well.

25-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Apart from anything else, this is a great game to watch.

25-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Much better analysis re the Sparky incident from Hartson than Sutton, who blamed the Malmo player for playacting!

25-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Chris Sutton worse than Michael Owen at commentary
Muted pronto what a flute !!

25-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Much better analysis re the Sparky incident from Hartson than Sutton, who blamed the Malmo player for playacting!

I must admit that I thought the same until I saw the replay .

SuperAllyMcleod
25-08-2015, 07:48 PM

Wow, that's some insult - I can't remember who but someone described Owen's commentaries as "like listening to paint dry" - I liked that one.

25-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Great chance for Malmo wasted

25-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Malmo taking throw ins the way they should be !

Can't stand Celtic - hope they get knocked out here

25-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Not rational, but always feel dirty when trying to wish Sellick, Huns or Yams well in Europe... or against anyone for that matter. Once they start mentioning the players names, just hope they get humped. Watching them get dodgy decisions against them, just makes it all the more enjoyable & just.

And it will all be OUR fault if they fail to qualify :cb

spudhib
25-08-2015, 07:55 PM

Not possible at least CS has a sense of humour.

sauzee=legend
25-08-2015, 07:56 PM
It's ok for Craig Gordon to waste time after 3minutes 22seconds, but it's a different story when Malmö now waste time.

Is there a more overrated played in Scottish football than Forrest?

The Celtic goal......well if griffiths backs into the goalkeeper, then that's a foul cause everyone knows you ain't allowed to touch a goalkeeper.
About 5mins before that never heard Sutton complain when Celtic got a very soft free kick for when the Malmö player brushed against Craig Gordon.
Celtic also need to remember they are a small team from Glasgow playing against better teams.

25-08-2015, 07:57 PM
2-0 Malmo :thumbsup:

NthCarolinaHibs
See ye...

2-0 Malmo :thumbsup:

25-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Celtc hopeless at defending set pieces

25-08-2015, 07:58 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sauzee=legend
25-08-2015, 08:00 PM
The Malmö fans have be outstanding all match!!! Better than the best fans in the world other wise known as Celtic fans.

it feels a bit like watching us. Doing well up the field then shan defending and the games a bogey.

a few more goals for Malmo would be funny though.

Supoib!! Brown nailed there aswell, that was meant 100%! :greengrin

25-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Celtic deserve to go out. Getting into the champions league qualifiers by doing what they always do. Weakening their Scottish opposition rather than looking elsewhere to compete with better Scottish clubs. This would raise the standard but no. Its the cheap easy option for them.

25-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Shame :greengrin

25-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Upwards of £20 million disappearing down the swannee. Sair yin.

25-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Nasty from Griffiths, has playing for that mob turned you bad? :agree: Still hope he bags a double.
Apart from that well done Malmo! :thumbsup:

SuperAllyMcleod
25-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Malmo fans now singing Abba tunes?

25-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Fail Fail, the Celts were here.

25-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Do the losers go into the Europa League ?

25-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Supoib!! Brown nailed there aswell, that was meant 100%! :greengrin

Just said that

25-08-2015, 08:10 PM

I think it's the flag of Skane which is the region of Sweden where Malmö is located

25-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Do the losers go into the Europa League ?

Yes

25-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Scott Brown has looked so average tonight.

25-08-2015, 08:14 PM
John Collins does not seem happy that some of these Malmo players are clever enough and quick enough thinkers to punish Celtic?

25-08-2015, 08:21 PM
It's interesting to see Malmo with a budget much smaller than Celtic turning them over tonight - it shows its not just about money ...

25-08-2015, 08:22 PM
John Collins does not seem happy that some of these Malmo players are clever enough and quick enough thinkers to punish Celtic?

These lads must have been coached by Tommy Craig.

25-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Humbling to see Celtc demonstrating incontestably that they are way too good for the Scottish league.

Sutton is correct in saying Celtic are playing too slowly. They aren't stretching Malmo, who can always get men behind the ball now.

C'mon Sparky get a goal , or any c*** in green for my bet. :greengrin

25-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Is this about the 17th time Celtic have been pumped out of Europe under Deila?

Pressure will be on for him after tonight, anything less than a treble just won't cut it for the Celtic fans this season.

25-08-2015, 08:26 PM
C'mon Sparky get a goal , or any c*** in green for my bet. :greengrin

Could be waiting a while for someone in green to score pal. Or yellow.

25-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Is this about the 17th time Celtic have been pumped out of Europe under Deila?

Pressure will be on for him after tonight, anything less than a treble just won't cut it for the Celtic fans this season.

4 times in 12 months.

25-08-2015, 08:27 PM
These lads must have been coached by Tommy Craig.

Looking more like they have been coached by Tommy Cooper....

And folk reckon Scott Allan won't get a game....

25-08-2015, 08:28 PM

I was talking about Malmo. Pass and move...

25-08-2015, 08:28 PM
And folk reckon Scott Allan won't get a game....

That's in clear 'who cares?' territory.

25-08-2015, 08:29 PM
sutton doesnt stop talking pish, nothing to lose put virgil up front , they are out and good on malmo.

25-08-2015, 08:29 PM
That's in clear 'who cares?' territory.

OK pal.

25-08-2015, 08:30 PM
sutton doesnt stop talking pish, nothing to lose put virgil up front , they are out and good on malmo.

But what about our poxy 200 grand?

25-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Love seeing Celtc get pumped in Europe. It'll be other clubs fault for not providing tough enough domestic competition 😕

25-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Hahahaha - cheerio Celtic !

Good result for the Scottish League.

SuperAllyMcleod
25-08-2015, 08:33 PM
The Malmo fans have been superb the whole game - never let up for 90 mins.

25-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Sutton is like a Geoffrey Boycott of football. He's pretty grim.

25-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Impressive work rate by Malmo - our players could learn a bit about how to close down.

25-08-2015, 08:37 PM
I was talking about Malmo. Pass and move...

25-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Impressive work rate by Malmo - our players could learn a bit about how to close down.

Which you will recall they did brutally well against us when we played them. Last Hibs team capable of that was under Collins.

Kavinho
25-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Congratulations to the Malmo men. Nothing less than fully deserved, despite tomorrow's papers opinions!

25-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Is that a Malmo huddle? :greengrin

Kavinho
25-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Same result as we managed over there....

!

Dreadful game, Celtic were really poor

Same result as we managed over there....

!

Let's not go there ....

25-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Congratulations to the Malmo men. Nothing less than fully deserved, despite tomorrow's papers opinions!

yes the irish champions are out, oops sorry scottish .

Thoroughly professional performance from Malmo, work ethic was fantastic. Rosenberg & Berget particularly outstanding. 20k fans had place rocking.
Well done !!

Kavinho
Let's not go there ....
Just sayin likes...!!

25-08-2015, 08:42 PM

Celtic have poor for the last few years..

Don't believe the hype !

SuperAllyMcleod
25-08-2015, 08:43 PM
Hartson talking about the poor refereeing decision at the Celtic disallowed goal - surely he realises that these things even themselves out over a season!

Well, that's what we are always told anyway.

Celtic have poor for the last few years..

Don't believe the hype !

Don't say that, Hearts will start to belieeeeeve.

Exactly, just shows you what can be achieved with a bit of drive and belief. Malmo were technically and tactically no better than Celtic, but importantly got the breaks when the ref chalked off the Sellick goal. Those small decisions, are often what decide games - just as it did on Sunday. Celtic and Sevco win so many games because they can rely on their 12th man to give them an edge.

In saying that, how bad were Sellick tonight ? For a £21M game, that was desperate stuff.

Celtic will be pig sick

Celtic were honkin'. They've let Scotland down yet again. :greengrin

25-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Celtic very hard done by with the handball/disallowed goal, but Malmo were the better team tonight. Celtic not good enough over two legs. They should have killed it off at home, after being 2-0 up.

25-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Giruy!

They weren't as good as that. But remember it's all OUR fault.

Kavinho
Celtic will be pig sick

25-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Surely there has to be questions over delias position after that.

Cod Boy
The pigs fail to bring home the bacon

Celtic will be pig sick

They've still got the consolation of being able to pick up £8M in the Europa League.

25-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Just sayin likes...!!

[emoji6]

25-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Chris Sutton looks miffed.

25-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Results like this will continue to be the norm.

Celtic just can't compete with the bigger clubs and when they come up against someone similar like Malmo they will get beaten.

25-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Chris Sutton looks miffed.

Toys out the pram from Suttie......Priceless.....

25-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Celtic very hard done by with the handball/disallowed goal, but Malmo were the better team tonight. Celtic not good enough over two legs. They should have killed it off at home, after being 2-0 up.
:agree: Sums it up for me.

Toys out the pram from Suttie......Priceless.....

I actually take it back. He looks like he needs counselling.

Celtic just can't compete with the bigger clubs and when they come up against someone similar like Malmo they will get beaten.

Big club in Scotland, Poor in Europe.......

Stax
Either team that progressed from this tie would have been the whipping boys of their group. It pains me to say it but I'd have preferred Celtic to go through. The co efficient and perception of Scottish football has just sunk a wee bit further tonight.

Malmo aren't bigger though - much less budget - I agree that Celtic can't compete - they looked below average tonight at that level

25-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Honest interview from Brown. Doesn't try to blame anyone else.

25-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Interviewer is master of the totally banal

25-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Celtic are poor. Players they've signed are never going to take them anywhere in Europe.

Kavinho
25-08-2015, 08:54 PM
I think they were just rattled tonight. Never looked assured, always a bit rushed and poor passing.

Malmo were right up for it, and so were their fans.

For me, there's a lesson in that game on how to back your team. The noise definitely got to Celtc.

fully deserved to go through.

25-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Sutton's commentary has been criticised but he spoke brilliantly at the end of the game just now: Celtic are Champions League club in terms of support, but are Europa League financially. Signing Dundee United players isn't Champions League.

25-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Honest interview from Brown. Doesn't try to blame anyone else.

Games like tonight Brown made the right decision to stay at Celtic for most of his career.

What he lacks in technical ability he makes up for in aggression and will to win but at a decent level he's found out. He would be up against that quality and better every week in England and would struggle big time.

25-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Expect to see Van Dijk leaving before Monday night now.

25-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Sutton is cracking me up..least he's being honest slating the 5th officials.

25-08-2015, 08:57 PM
I think the Malmo team we played was better. Ignoring the second leg we did alright over there. 😄

25-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Games like tonight Brown made the right decision to stay at Celtic for most of his career.

What he lacks in technical ability he makes up for in aggression and will to win but at a decent level he's found out. He would be up against that quality and better every week in England and would struggle big time.

Totally disagree with that. Going to a Premiership side - Liverpool would have been my choice - would have been the making of him. Instead of progressing he's become a big fish in a small pond.

25-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Totally disagree with that. Going to a Premiership side - Liverpool would have been my choice - would have been the making of him. Instead of progressing he's become a big fish in a small pond.

I think if he had had a chance of Liverpool he would have ran down the road - that was never going to happen . Charlton were the only team to put in an actual bid for him

25-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Sutton is cracking me up..least he's being honest slating the 5th officials.

Football should be played without any officials. They're just a drain on resource.

25-08-2015, 09:02 PM
I think if he had had a chance of Liverpool he would have ran down the road - that was never going to happen . Charlton were the only team to put in an actual bid for him

I'm sure that's true. Pity.

25-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Expect to see Van Dijk leaving before Monday night now.

Was on the cards regardless - there will be a lot of movement out of Celtic now - believe it or not I have heard they are keen on Tavernier.

Can you imagine :cb

25-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Lays crisps are amazing. Anyone know where you can buy them here? Seem to get them all over the rest of Europe no problem.

25-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Lays crisps are amazing. Anyone know where you can buy them here? Seem to get them all over the rest of Europe no problem.

Hahaha. What a brilliant random post.