PDA

View Full Version : Monaco (NHC)

GreenArmyyy!
24-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Needing a bit of help folks, I am going to the riviera on holiday in a couple of weeks and want to go to the Monaco v Lorient game on Saturday 19th of September. I want to try and include a stadium tour etc. I have emailed the club but had no reply and my French isn't great so I am not even sure how to join their fans forum.

Has anybody here been to a Monaco match or have any experience dealing with them that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

DaniAndersson
24-08-2015, 12:01 PM
You won't have any problems getting in. Monaco don't get big crowds, even for the bigger games, and Lorient doesn't fall into that category. You can buy match tickets on their website - generally around the 25 euro mark. Don't expect much of an atmosphere as they don't have a big following despite their clout in French and European football.

The other thing to watch out for is the TV programming. For week six of the Ligue 1 season, the TV companies haven't picked their games yet, apart from Marseille v Lyon on the Sunday. Quite often Monaco matches get moved to a Friday night, especially if they make the Champions League, so keep an eye out for that.

I'm not sure about stadium tours - when I went there, there was really nobody around. The stadium is part of a shopping complex and is on top of a car park, so it won't knock your socks off. Easter Road is more attractive!

DaniAndersson
24-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Here's a link to their site in English: http://www.asmonaco.com/en/

The league's site, to check TV fixtures, is www.lfp.fr

GreenArmyyy!
24-08-2015, 12:13 PM
You won't have any problems getting in. Monaco don't get big crowds, even for the bigger games, and Lorient doesn't fall into that category. You can buy match tickets on their website - generally around the 25 euro mark. Don't expect much of an atmosphere as they don't have a big following despite their clout in French and European football.

The other thing to watch out for is the TV programming. For week six of the Ligue 1 season, the TV companies haven't picked their games yet, apart from Marseille v Lyon on the Sunday. Quite often Monaco matches get moved to a Friday night, especially if they make the Champions League, so keep an eye out for that.

I'm not sure about stadium tours - when I went there, there was really nobody around. The stadium is part of a shopping complex and is on top of a car park, so it won't knock your socks off. Easter Road is more attractive!

I know, was cheering Monaco last week because the first group stage match falls when I am over there but Valencia look to have scuppered that!

That's because Easter Road is the greatest stadium on earth! Lol.

Just noticed Marseille are playing Lyon at home the day we arrive, do you have any experience of their ground or getting tickets etc?

DaniAndersson
24-08-2015, 12:23 PM
I know, was cheering Monaco last week because the first group stage match falls when I am over there but Valencia look to have scuppered that!

That's because Easter Road is the greatest stadium on earth! Lol.

Just noticed Marseille are playing Lyon at home the day we arrive, do you have any experience of their ground or getting tickets etc?

I went to the 'Old Velodrome' a few years ago to watch them play Nancy. Incredible place. Nancy came back from 2-0 down and the locals went nuts. It was a very hostile place when the chips were down.

They rebuilt the stadium last year for Euro 2016. It now holds 65,000 people so tickets are much easier to get. The link to the match tickets, which are on sale, is here, but it'll cost you: http://www.digitick.com/olympique-de-marseille-olympique-lyonnais-sport-stade-velodrome-20-septembre-2015-css5-om-pg101-ri3222376.html

As a one-off, I'd fork out for it, but depends on your budget. Certainly a better atmosphere and match than Monaco v Lorient.

GreenArmyyy!
24-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Really appreciate the info atko, Christ you are right, that's like Easter Road prices! Lol