PDA

View Full Version : Free Strikers to sign

Torto7062
23-08-2015, 11:09 PM
I bet someone on here could get a list of all free agents who play as forwards or attacking midfielders that Stubbsy could have a look at 😆

SteveHFC
23-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Derek Riordan.

easty
23-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Gabriel Batistuta

high bee
23-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Mario Balotelli, 1 year loan, pay 1% of his wage.

Haymaker
23-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Derek Riordan.

This

Torto7062
24-08-2015, 05:40 AM
Full List: Darren Bent (Aston Villa),*Danny Ings (Burnley), Gael Kakuta (Chelsea),*Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Shola Ameobi (Crystal Palace), Jerome Thomas (Crystal Palace), Owen Garvan (Crystal Palace),*Yannick Sagbo (Hull City), Scott Sinclair (Manchester City), James Wilson (Manchester United), Sammy Ameobi (Newcastle United),*Jonathan Walters (Stoke City),*Peter Odemwingie (Stoke City), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Nene (West Ham United), Bobby Zamora (Queens Park Rangers).

Stokesy's on fire
24-08-2015, 05:50 AM
Derek Riordan.

He would have finished the shot that Henderson screwed up

Torto7062
24-08-2015, 05:58 AM
So could have my 4yr old daughter..but we move on lol

Stokesy's on fire
24-08-2015, 06:05 AM
So could have my 4yr old daughter..but we move on lol

👍

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-08-2015, 06:32 AM
Full List: Darren Bent (Aston Villa),*Danny Ings (Burnley), Gael Kakuta (Chelsea),*Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Shola Ameobi (Crystal Palace), Jerome Thomas (Crystal Palace), Owen Garvan (Crystal Palace),*Yannick Sagbo (Hull City), Scott Sinclair (Manchester City), James Wilson (Manchester United), Sammy Ameobi (Newcastle United),*Jonathan Walters (Stoke City),*Peter Odemwingie (Stoke City), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Nene (West Ham United), Bobby Zamora (Queens Park Rangers).

Couldn't afford any of their wages and 90% are no longer FA's.

scoopyboy
24-08-2015, 06:51 AM
I bet someone on here could get a list of all free agents who play as forwards or attacking midfielders that Stubbsy could have a look at 

I think you will find Alan Stubbs is looking at strikers without you having to go to all this bother. :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
24-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Tony stokes on loan

Pedantic_Hibee
24-08-2015, 07:46 AM
Tony stokes on loan

Cannae see it.

steve75
24-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Tony stokes on loan

He was woeful against Utd at the weekend. If that's his level now, we already have better.

yekimevol
24-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Ill take Jon Daly, he's free and big powerful targetman and mates in dundee say he is a decent leader as well.

Aldo
24-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Ill take Jon Daly, he's free and big powerful targetman and mates in dundee say he is a decent leader as well.

Injury prone and not very mobile. No thanks. Surely better than him out there??

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Injury prone and not very mobile. No thanks. Surely better than him out there??

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

eastmainsmsh
24-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Michael chopra

J-C
24-08-2015, 08:51 AM
I think you will find Alan Stubbs is looking at strikers without you having to go to all this bother. :greengrin

Sad state of affairs when we have 4 senior strikers on the books, one unknown guy seemingly signing and we're still looking at strikers to sign, why???

scoopyboy
24-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Sad state of affairs when we have 4 senior strikers on the books, one unknown guy seemingly signing and we're still looking at strikers to sign, why???

If all four were fit I don't think we would be J-C.

But two of the four never seem to be fit.

scoopyboy
24-08-2015, 09:09 AM

My understanding is we have been offered him and weren't interested.

I can understand why.

TheReg!
24-08-2015, 09:12 AM

I can understand why.

Hi mate, has Insall signed or signing?? If so then the game on Wednesday he should be apart of the squad.

Andy74
24-08-2015, 09:13 AM

I can understand why.

I've always liked Daly. Could be useful if Farid isn't fit and can play at the back. He's a leader too.

Issue is he doesn't seem to be fit much either!

scoopyboy
24-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Hi mate, has Insall signed or signing?? If so then the game on Wednesday he should be apart of the squad.

I honestly have no idea.

On social media his mates have been congratulating him so that makes me think he has.

However Hibs have had ample opportunity to announce this which makes me think he hasn't.

scoopyboy
24-08-2015, 09:16 AM
I've always liked Daly. Could be useful if Farid isn't fit and can play at the back. He's a leader too.

Issue is he doesn't seem to be fit much either!

Jon Daly was good for Dundee Utd Andy and if that was the player we were getting I would be happy.

However he would miss more games than FEA.

Keith_M
24-08-2015, 09:19 AM
I honestly have no idea.

On social media his mates have been congratulating him so that makes me think he has.

However Hibs have had ample opportunity to announce this which makes me think he hasn't.

Somebody posted on here last week that he had already signed.

If so, I can't think of any reason why the club wouldn't announce it.

Would Hibs have anything to pay to his old club?

Iain G
24-08-2015, 10:03 AM
If all four were fit I don't think we would be J-C.

But two of the four never seem to be fit.

Keatings back in training and sounds like Farid not far away from latest reports? We don't need any other probably unfit forwards who haven't had a proper pre-season if these guys are nearly ready.

We need cover at fullback /centrehalf as priority now I should think?

Northern Hibby
24-08-2015, 10:04 AM
I honestly have no idea.

Loved his Dads apology over the **** Shirt comment.

"I was referring to Stourbridge shirt not Hibs who are a great Scottish side I apologise if miss understood"

:thumbsup: Apology accepted :greengrin

Hibee87
24-08-2015, 10:07 AM
A mate recons were interested In Michael Higdon. Don't know much about him since he left well, seem to recall he went to Holland

Aldo
24-08-2015, 10:09 AM
A mate recons were interested In Michael Higdon. Don't know much about him since he left well, seem to recall he went to Holland

He went to Sheff Utd from NEC but not sure if he's played much.

Would prefer him to Daly every day of the week.

gorgie greens
24-08-2015, 10:12 AM

No he would not as he makes Malonga look like a work horse, his last stint at ER was more than enough for me ,never saw anyone put less effort in a match than Deeks ,think we should remember the player we had when he was comming of age who was a joy to watch and scored some cracking goals ,the guy cant pick a contract up anywhere and there is a reason for that

gorgie greens
24-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Very easy for guys to moan that Henderson missed a chance to score ,the guy gave 100% for us in this game and man of the match in the first 60 mins ,some fans do my nut in

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Loved his Dads apology over the **** Shirt comment.

"I was referring to Stourbridge shirt not Hibs who are a great Scottish side I apologise if miss understood"

:thumbsup: Apology accepted :greengrin

Do you think his son had a word? :greengrin

hfc-1875
24-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Not a free but a player who I rate is Liam Boyce of Ross county, surely wouldn't cost much? Great scoring record at cliftonville, and decent at Ross county for a bottom half team.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Very easy for guys to moan that Henderson missed a chance to score ,the guy gave 100% for us in this game and man of the match in the first 60 mins ,some fans do my nut in

He did miss a good chance to score tho, regardless of how he played for the previous 60 minutes. I'm sure you agree??

Greencore
24-08-2015, 11:17 AM
What's Bobby linn up to?

WeeRussell
24-08-2015, 11:18 AM
I bet someone on here could get a list of all free agents who play as forwards or attacking midfielders that Stubbsy could have a look at 

Em...We've just signed two :aok:

HappyHanlon
24-08-2015, 11:24 AM
I don't think you'll see a proper announcement for Insall.

He'll just be integrated into development team initially - maybe see a few lines in the paper.

He was up the back at Ibrox yesterday, full Hibs tracksuit - suggests to me he's signed.

DH1875
24-08-2015, 11:25 AM

Not exactly a full list. That's only EPL players and none that we could afford. Must be a championship or league one player out there.

PatHead
24-08-2015, 11:30 AM
I don't think you'll see a proper announcement for Insall.

He'll just be integrated into development team initially - maybe see a few lines in the paper.

He was up the back at Ibrox yesterday, full Hibs tracksuit - suggests to me he's signed.

Watson wore a tracksuit to match at ER and he hadn't signed.

Turkish Green
24-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Sign the Ameaba brothers and we will be cruising League 1 next season.

eastmainsmsh
24-08-2015, 12:01 PM
There must be someone out there I'd try for Peter withe and imre varadi up top

Deano Mourinho
24-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Billy Mckay would do me

Brooster
24-08-2015, 12:21 PM

Been offered him as well but politely declined.

Franck Stanton
24-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Must admit I like John Daly, agree however he is a wee bit injury prone, however .........if we could somehow arrange for his injury periods to be when Farid is fit and vice-versa - job done. We would have a quality striker for whole season between them. Simples.

Aldo
24-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Been offered him as well but politely declined.

Did we. I thought he would of done a job for us??

Silky
24-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Billy Mckay would do me

Really? I didn't know he was that way inclined!

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2015, 02:02 PM

I take it that list is a wind-up? How much money do you think we have.

IWasThere2016
24-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Jon Daly has signed ... for RRFC

Leith Green
24-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Must admit I like John Daly, agree however he is a wee bit injury prone, however .........if we could somehow arrange for his injury periods to be when Farid is fit and vice-versa - job done. We would have a quality striker for whole season between them. Simples.

John Daly was a good player about 4 or 5 seasons ago. Since then he looks about as mobile as a block of tenements....

bigwheel
24-08-2015, 04:35 PM
John Daly was a good player about 4 or 5 seasons ago. Since then he looks about as mobile as a block of tenements....

Not too sure about that view. What it does tell me though is that his choice of signing for The Rangers in the lower divisions has basically killed his career. I hope it has given him more financial security as it has taken him from good SPL player to a journeyman in two seasons. It's done the same for Shiels, Black and others. They have killed a number of careers of this who chose to join them for the big money they were offering...

marinello59
24-08-2015, 05:14 PM

He's a Raith Rovers player now.

Blaster
24-08-2015, 05:21 PM
He's a Raith Rovers player now.

Interesting comments from the raith manager on the news there. A big club in the same league made a late bid for daly but daly stuck to the agreement made with raith last night

Franck Stanton
24-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Interesting comments from the raith manager on the news there. A big club in the same league made a late bid for daly but daly stuck to the agreement made with raith last night

VERY interesting.:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

bill the hibby
24-08-2015, 05:51 PM
I fail to believe it was us...think stubbs has a better eye for a player than daly, well Id like to think so :greengrin

.Sean.
24-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Could do worse than give Riordan a trial.

We badly need a finisher.

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2015, 06:06 PM
He did miss a good chance to score tho, regardless of how he played for the previous 60 minutes. I'm sure you agree??

To be fair I thought Henderson was class throughout for a player so young. JC missed a great chance from 2 yards and the ball he played through to Henderson was abysmal.

Wotherspiniesta
24-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Could do worse than give Riordan a trial.

We badly need a finisher.

:faf:

West hamBERNIAN
24-08-2015, 06:22 PM
To be fair I thought Henderson was class throughout for a player so young. JC missed a great chance from 2 yards and the ball he played through to Henderson was abysmal.

Tbf it was a good enough pass for him to have hit a shot on target or even take a touch but these things happen, seen a lot worse misses this weekend. If anyone should be getting stick for missed chance I'd say JC, he should be working non stop on shooting with his right. Shown great improvement all round but when the ball falls to his right foot he looks like he's lucky to connect with the ball.

silverhibee
24-08-2015, 06:31 PM
No he would not as he makes Malonga look like a work horse, his last stint at ER was more than enough for me ,never saw anyone put less effort in a match than Deeks ,think we should remember the player we had when he was comming of age who was a joy to watch and scored some cracking goals ,the guy cant pick a contract up anywhere and there is a reason for that

What a load of pish you are spouting, double figures each season in his last stint, called up to the Scotland squad, twice top goal scorer with Stokes being top scorer in the 2nd season with Deek getting 15 goals from LM and double figures in assists as well, and that was in the top flight of football, and yes he would have finished that on Sunday. You couldn't have seen much of him in his 2nd stint at Hibs.

How many of our strikers stay behind after training just now to work on there shooting at EM, something Deek done on many occasions in his 2nd stint at Hibs, done that bit extra to work on what he was good at after training finished, Yogi and Calderwood both commented on it.

silverhibee
24-08-2015, 06:33 PM

Yip. :aok:

silverhibee
24-08-2015, 06:39 PM

Because he doesn't play with his head up, a square pass rather than a pass slightly forward for the lad to run on to but he had to check himself because of the pish pass from Cummings.