PDA

View Full Version : Jose Mourinho

Mikey09
23-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Obviously a fantastic manager who knows how to win games and trophies.... BUT CHEER UP YA DOUR FACED GIT!!! This moody, the worlds against us crap is boring now. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2015, 10:48 PM
All part of his plan.

Mikey09
23-08-2015, 10:50 PM
All part of his plan.

What plans that Scouse?! To be a dour faced prick and make it all about him?!

Torto7062
23-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Obviously a fantastic manager who knows how to win games and trophies.... BUT CHEER UP YA DOUR FACED GIT!!! This moody, the worlds against us crap is boring now. :rolleyes:

Now if only Liverpool could beat the gooners 2moro then it would cheer up my grumpy face after today 😊

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2015, 05:06 AM
What plans that Scouse?! To be a dour faced prick and make it all about him?!No one is talking about his team starting poorly, they are all talking about his antics.

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2015, 06:25 AM
No one is talking about his team starting poorly, they are all talking about his antics.

You got it,the master of distraction.

jacomo
24-08-2015, 01:09 PM
You got it,the master of distraction.

:agree:

Most of it is an act, designed to help his team win. I say most, because u think on occasions Mourinho does let his true character show - such as when he gouged that Barca coach in the eye - and it is not a pretty picture.

Brightside
24-08-2015, 01:10 PM

He has about 17 logons for Hibs.net.

easty
24-08-2015, 01:10 PM
No one is talking about his team starting poorly, they are all talking about his antics.

plenty people are talking about his team starting poorly though.

SlickShoes
24-08-2015, 01:12 PM
I liked his "people that don't support chelsea want chelsea to lose" revelation.

emerald green
24-08-2015, 07:58 PM

Even I could win games and trophies if I could spend £21m on a player from Barcelona. Pedro being the latest in a long line of expensive signings funded by Abramovich.

I wonder how Jose would get on managing lets say in the Scottish Championship with a commensurate player budget, i.e. peanuts compared to the ££££s at his disposal at Chelsea?

Brightside
24-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Even I could win games and trophies if I could spend £21m on a player from Barcelona. Pedro being the latest in a long line of expensive signings funded by Abramovich.

I wonder how Jose would get on managing lets say in the Scottish Championship with a commensurate player budget, i.e. peanuts compared to the ££££s at his disposal at Chelsea?

He's a brilliant coach and id imagine he'd do well with a local pub team

R'Albin
24-08-2015, 08:13 PM

Even when your competitors are spending equal or above what you are?

heretoday
24-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Jose seems to be in a bit of trouble with the captain and the medical staff.

He is a very good coach. I wonder how he would fare with the Hibs dressing room.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2015, 08:22 PM

He won the Champions League with Porto with a fraction of the budget of some of his competitors in that tournament.

Love him or loathe him he's a fantastic football manager.

emerald green
24-08-2015, 08:28 PM

I cannot imagine the "special one" ever lowering himself to pub team level. :greengrin

Even when your competitors are spending equal or above what you are?

I'll just quote the top 6 spenders in the Premier League since the transfer window debuted in 2003, including trophies won by each club, are as follows:

1 - Chelsea £673m - 12 trophies
2 - Man City £572m - 3 trophies
3 - Liverpool £414m - 6 trophies
4 - Man Utd £352m - 16 trophies
5 - Spurs £350m - 1 trophy
6 - Arsenal £214m - 4 trophies

Edit: I accept Jose wasn't Chelsea manager throughout that period.

Mikey09
24-08-2015, 09:09 PM
He won the Champions League with Porto with a fraction of the budget of some of his competitors in that tournament.

Agreed. :agree:

snooky
15-09-2015, 11:49 PM

Oor Jose doesn't like "stupid questions" and BBC's Ben Smith seems to enjoy asking them. :doh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34256055

JimBHibees
16-09-2015, 05:33 AM

Also with Inter Milan who have done next to nothing since he left.

Alex Trager
16-09-2015, 06:15 AM

He won the double with one last year

Brightside
16-09-2015, 06:21 AM
His biggest problem is the drop in form of Matic. He was the best in the league last year and when he's not on his game they are average.

Smartie
16-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I thought his treatment of the club doctor a few weeks ago was absolutely deplorable. For a guy famed for his leadership qualities to hang a member of staff (who is in all likelihood very popular with all the other staff and players) was disgraceful.

I don't think this will have been the only factor here, but unlike most Mourinho teams the players don't look like they'd run through brick walls for him.

As mentioned, the downturn in form of Matic has been hugely significant but I'd also say that John Terry has looked increasingly vulnerable and he has been an outstanding captain and player for Mourinho over the years. His return to top form last year was a major part of their success. Mourinho's Chelsea teams have never lost many goals and their defence looks shakier than ever.

YehButNoBut
16-09-2015, 07:45 AM
JOSE MOURINHO AND ARSENE WENGER'S LOVE AFFAIR :greengrin:greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT22q_BbsaM&feature=youtu.be

MWHIBBIES
16-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Also with Inter Milan who have done next to nothing since he left.That is mainly because they stopped spending money. They have started again spending again and look strong this season.

The_Exile
16-09-2015, 08:45 AM
He's one of the best managers of our generation, he's the modern day Fergie, remember when Fergie blamed the grey strips for his Utd team getting pumped at Southampton? This is the same type of thing that's going on here, distract the fans and press from the real issue (which is Cesc Fabregas) and get them talking about stuff that doesn't matter a jot.

What Chelsea need to do is get rid of Cesc and get a player in which glues the team together from the middle of the park, they'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season regardless.

Brightside
16-09-2015, 09:00 AM
He's one of the best managers of our generation, he's the modern day Fergie, remember when Fergie blamed the grey strips for his Utd team getting pumped at Southampton? This is the same type of thing that's going on here, distract the fans and press from the real issue (which is Cesc Fabregas) and get them talking about stuff that doesn't matter a jot.

What Chelsea need to do is get rid of Cesc and get a player in which glues the team together from the middle of the park, they'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season regardless.

Cesc was great last season, but only cause Matic allowed him the freedom. Thats wht is missing this season. Cesc is now gettgin dragged too deep when he should be linking up with Costa.

jacomo
16-09-2015, 09:02 AM

The big difference is that Fergie was in charge at one club for so long, and built them into a behemoth.

Mourinho doesn't do that. His high intensity, seige mentality tactics last 3 seasons at best before unravelling. Otherwise, I am sure Man U would have appointed him as Fergie's successor.

Thecat23
16-09-2015, 09:56 AM
When Chelsea are doing well his love affair with the media is cringeworthy. When his teams aren't fairing too well he can't handle it and acts like a little brat from school. He simply can't handle pressure when losing!

MWHIBBIES
16-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Cesc was great last season, but only cause Matic allowed him the freedom. Thats wht is missing this season. Cesc is now gettgin dragged too deep when he should be linking up with Costa.Cesc was great in the first half of last season, absolute passenger after Christmas. He hasn't found consistent form since leaving Arsenal.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2015, 11:30 AM
When Chelsea are doing well his love affair with the media is cringeworthy. When his teams aren't fairing too well he can't handle it and acts like a little brat from school. He simply can't handle pressure when losing!

Ungracious erse, can't stand his antics.

jacomo
16-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Cesc was great in the first half of last season, absolute passenger after Christmas. He hasn't found consistent form since leaving Arsenal.

Not a typical Mourinho signing. Classy but slow, not that strong, not great at defending. I wonder if he got blinded by getting one over on Arsenal?

jgl07
16-09-2015, 01:02 PM
It's the 'third season' syndrome for Mourinho. He either goes on to bigger things after 2 years or flounces off after three.

He has never lasted beyond three years at any club.

Porto: 2 years, Chelsea: 3 years, Inter: 2 years, Real Madrid: 3 years, Chelsea: 2 years and counting.

MWHIBBIES
16-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Not a typical Mourinho signing. Classy but slow, not that strong, not great at defending. I wonder if he got blinded by getting one over on Arsenal?Mourinho normally has a quality creative midfielder who isn't very physical. Modric, Deco, Sneijder at Real, Porto and Inter respectively. Chelsea the first time didn't really but probably because he had 20 goals from midfield in Lampard (not really creative like the others, much stronger/bigger as well) he didn't need it.

jacomo
16-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Mourinho normally has a quality creative midfielder who isn't very physical. Modric, Deco, Sneijder at Real, Porto and Inter respectively. Chelsea the first time didn't really but probably because he had 20 goals from midfield in Lampard (not really creative like the others, much stronger/bigger as well) he didn't need it.

Modric fair enough (did he sign him?), the other 2 were played more like no.10s were they not?

emerald green
16-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Ungracious erse, can't stand his antics.

:agree: :top marks

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Babbling more ****** tonight, they must have won!