PDA

View Full Version : Team v Stranraer

007 Mickey Weir
23-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Need to mix it up a bit but not too much as a up run is important. No idea who we can play as CB in a back 3 alongside Hanlon and Fontaine. Who plays CB for Development team.

3-5-2

Reguero

?? Fontaine Hanlon

Boyle Henderson McGeouch McGinn Carmicheal

Cummings Malonga

Oxley
Fyvie
Bartley
Insall(if signed)
Stanton

FromTheCapital
23-08-2015, 08:34 PM
Reguero

Bartley Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle - McGeouch - McGinn - Henderson - Stevenson

Strikers? Any. They're all pish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2015, 08:37 PM
We don't need to be playing 3 centre halfs at home to Stranraer

Pretty Boy
23-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Freshen it up a bit for a cup game, we should be beating Stranraer with a few players left out

Reguero

Dunsmore
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Carmichael
McGeough
Bartley
Boyle

Malonga
Cummings

More game time for McGeough, Bartley, Boyle and Carmichael. Rest Fyvie and McGinn and give Reguero and young Dunsmore a bit 1st team.experience. Henderson to get last 35 minutes as he looked knackered today after an hour and nowhere near ready for 3 ganes in a week.

B.H.F.C
23-08-2015, 08:39 PM
If Gray is injured and Dunsmore can't be brought in against Stranraer, then he's never going to play.

PISTOL1875
23-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Reguero

Dunsmore
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Carmichael
Fyvie
McGeough
McGinn
Boyle

Cummings

Craig_HFC
23-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Two up front please, Stubbsy.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

007 Mickey Weir
25-08-2015, 10:22 PM
3-5-2

Reguero

McGregor Fontaine Hanlon

Boyle Henderson McGeouch McGinn Carmicheal

Cummings Malonga

Oxley
Fyvie
Bartley
Keatings
Stanton

Northernhibee
25-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Reguero

Bartley Hanlon Fontaine

That's the spirit :rolleyes:

StevieBoyKdy
25-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Reguero

Mcgregor hanlon Fontaine stevenson

Carmichael mcgeouch Bartley henderson

boyle cummings

think already McGinn has established himself some of his passing and hussling on Sunday was very good. Henderson needs a game to get Sunday out his head imo.

SteveHFC
25-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Reguero

Bartley Hanlon Fontaine

I can play upfront :hyper

dmc1875
25-08-2015, 10:54 PM
reguero

mcgregor
Fontaine
hanlon

boyle
stevenson

mcgeoch
mcginn
fyvie

keatings
malonga

Hibeesmad
25-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Reguero

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley

McGeough
McGinn
Henderson

Boyle
Cummings

Andy74
25-08-2015, 11:28 PM
We don't need to be playing 3 centre halfs at home to Stranraer

You could look at it more like 3 defenders instead of 4. If you play the likes of Boyle wide its adding to your options further forward.

I'd go:

Ox

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle Stevenson

Mcgeouch McGinn Henderson

Malonga Cummings

hibees 7062
25-08-2015, 11:46 PM
I can play upfront :hyper

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4DEB8vfBNakda9MfVnsAe2H2l1DCGs Y0Jx5qqL32AXMsXJ2mJJA

Centre Hawf
26-08-2015, 01:06 AM
You could look at it more like 3 defenders instead of 4. If you play the likes of Boyle wide its adding to your options further forward.

I'd go:

Ox

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle Stevenson

Mcgeouch McGinn Henderson

Malonga Cummings

Why do people keep assuming 3-5-2 is 5-3-2? If you have the right players and tactics it's a very attacking formation that balances your defence well at the same time. It'd be a chance for us to give Lewis a rest as well if we play Carmichael out wide as well as Boyle.

007 Mickey Weir
26-08-2015, 05:40 AM
Why do people keep assuming 3-5-2 is 5-3-2? If you have the right players and tactics it's a very attacking formation that balances your defence well at the same time. It'd be a chance for us to give Lewis a rest as well if we play Carmichael out wide as well as Boyle.

That's exactly how I See it

Deano Mourinho
26-08-2015, 05:50 AM
It's paramount for the midfield partnership of Henderson Mcginn Fyfie Mcgeouch to play together tonight. I genuinely feel the more these guys play the better we will be (best midfield in Scotland minus Celtic)

Reguro
McGregor Fonts Hanlon
Fyfie. Mcginn
Boyle. Mcgeough
Henderson
Cummings/Keats

Deano Mourinho
26-08-2015, 05:51 AM
It's paramount for the midfield partnership of Henderson Mcginn Fyfie Mcgeouch to play together tonight. I genuinely feel the more these guys play the better we will be (best midfield in Scotland minus Celtic)

Reguro
McGregor Fonts Hanlon
Fyfie. Mcginn
Boyle. Mcgeough
Henderson
Cummings/Keats

That's either Cummings or Keats

MWHIBBIES
26-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Reguero

Bartley Hanlon Fontaine

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNot as pish as playing a midfielder at center back

erin go bragh
26-08-2015, 08:01 AM
That's either Cummings or Keats

That would only be 10 . 11 if you play both :)

GGTTH

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-08-2015, 08:16 AM
I had no idea we are playing tonight 😂😂

Ronniekirk
26-08-2015, 08:17 AM

Reguro
McGregor Fonts Hanlon
Fyfie. Mcginn
Boyle. Mcgeough
Henderson
Cummings/Keats

Dont disagree with your comment about the midfield mentioned needing to play together as often as possible to gain an understanding and gell ,but we have an important league game against Raith on Saturday that we simply must win so Stubbs needs to assess can Young Henderson cope with three games in one week .I don't think he will risk him the whole game .Mcgeouch will need game time but again might not play the full 90 minutes .
The view seems to be McGregor won't be match fit ,as hasn't played for a while ,so he may feature as a sub ,and Keatings also more likely as a sub ,as he has had two hamstring injuries ,so can't see him playing a full game .
So with D G already ruled out ,Lewis might not get a rest ,I really hope after last season we don't burn him out by over playing him . Early in the Season I know ,but with lack of Options at back he has been an ever present . Just as well he has a great engine on him .
Hopefully some early goals and we can ease off as game goes on

Brightside
26-08-2015, 08:39 AM
352 for me please.

--------------------Ox

-McGregor------------------------------------Fontaine
------------------------Hanlon-----------

------------------------Fyvie--------------
Carmichael----Mcgoosh----Mcginn------Henderson

---------------Boyle----------Cummings

Id like to see Martin replace Fyvie at some point, Stevenson can replace Henderson, Keating on in the last 10 for Cummings. 4-0 win Hibs.

J-C
26-08-2015, 08:51 AM

Exactly, 5 at the back is defensive, 3 at the back is attacking with the wide men more like wingers than wing backs. The 3 at the back need to be mobile defenders and with the addition of McGregor we have 3 pretty good mobile CH's, they should be able to look after 1 striker and possibly 1 other attacking midfielder smaller teams will play against us.

I'd go for

Reguero

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle McGeouch Fyvie Stanton Carmichael

Cummings Malonga

Put Stanton in there as these are the games he should be getting a run out, also Carmichael as he needs to get game time under his belt, left out Henderson as he looked shattered on sunday and we need him for the weekend.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
McGinn
Henderson
Carmichael

Cummings
Malonga

West hamBERNIAN
26-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Surprised at everyone putting Lewis LB/LWB. Keep hearing we don't need a left back in to challenge/cover Lewis as Crane will be that man. Perfect game for Crane to have a crack then. Think all the players who had injuries over the summer will play as still catching up.

J-C
26-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Surprised at everyone putting Lewis LB/LWB. Keep hearing we don't need a left back in to challenge/cover Lewis as Crane will be that man. Perfect game for Crane to have a crack then. Think all the players who had injuries over the summer will play as still catching up.

If he plays in this system he'll be more of a LM/winder with Boyle the same on the other side, he shouldn't need to worry about defending as the 3 CH's will/should cope

Brightside
26-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
McGinn
Henderson
Carmichael

Cummings
Malonga

Gray is out fella. Not sure what players we have.....didn't know we were playing tonight.... LTYF! :greengrin:greengrin

Greenworld
26-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Surely play our strongest possible side and keep playing it. That is how you get consistency and hopefuly a winning mentality.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Blaster
26-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Surely play our strongest possible side and keep playing it. That is how you get consistency and hopefuly a winning mentality.

That's it for me.

we are hibs
26-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Reguero
McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson
McGinn
Henderson
McGeouch
Boyle
Cummings
Malonga

erin go bragh
26-08-2015, 09:24 AM
----------------------Reguero------------------
-----McGregor----Fontaine ---Hanlon----
Boyle---------------------------------Henderson
---Mcgeuch---McGinn-----Fyvie-------------
-------Keatings----Cummings------------------

GGTTH

Onion
26-08-2015, 11:42 AM

:agree: Expect Hibs to play strong team tonight in hope of getting some goals/confidence for strikers and mids. :flag:

MrRobot
26-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Reguero
McGregor Fontaine Hanlon
Carmichael McGinn McGeough Stevenson
Stanton
Malonga Keatings

Would like to see Stanton get some game time and hopefully get confidence up. Not a drastic change to the squad. Have Fyvie, Henderson, Cummings, Dunsmore & Boyle on the bench.

Team allows us to switch to 4-4-2 if needed with Stanton dropping to the left and Stevenson moving back.

Malonga just because I love him :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Reguero
McGregor Fontaine Hanlon
Carmichael McGinn McGeough Boyle
Stanton
Malonga Keatings

Would like to see Stanton get some game time and hopefully get confidence up. Not a drastic change to the squad. Have Fyvie, Henderson, Cummings, Dunsmore & Boyle on the bench.

Team allows us to switch to 4-4-2 if needed with Stanton dropping to the left and Stevenson moving back.

This for me except Keatings beause he is injured, so Cummings in his place.

GordonHFC
26-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Reguero
McGregor Fontaine Hanlon
Carmichael McGinn McGeough Boyle
Stanton
Malonga Keatings

And where is Stevenson?

silverhibee
26-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Reguero, how many folk have seen him play that they think he should be starting this game tonight.

I would expect Oxley to keep his place in the team.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Reguero, how many folk have seen him play that they think he should be starting this game tonight.

Think Reguero will play for the development team tomorrow

staunchhibby
26-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Time is kick off tonight.

iwasthere1972
26-08-2015, 02:00 PM
2-3-5

All for goals and glory.

MrRobot
26-08-2015, 02:35 PM
And where is Stevenson?

I boobed; he was meant to be in Boyle's place :aok:

Edited.

MrRobot
26-08-2015, 02:37 PM

Probably none but like me are curious and would like to see him feature rather than keep the bench warm until his contract expires. Bringing him into a game against lesser opposition is usually the done thing, especially for goalkeeper rotation.

Diclonius
26-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Reguero

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

McGinn

Boyle McGeouch Fyvie Henderson

Cummings

hfc rd
26-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Reguero

McGinn

Cummings

Same team as me.

Chuck Rhoades
26-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Like to see the team without Stevenson to see what cover we have.

HibbyKeith
26-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Reguero

McGinn

Cummings

on the money... exact team. just announced on twitter oops

nearly, Oxley instead of Reguero

HibbyKeith
26-08-2015, 05:57 PM

Brightside
26-08-2015, 05:59 PM

R u assuming that's Stevenson as LB and not LW?

AL-Qaholik
26-08-2015, 06:01 PM
No defensive cover on the bench. We really are dismally threadbare at the back...

bigwheel
26-08-2015, 06:01 PM
R u assuming that's Stevenson as LB and not LW?

Could be a 3 at the back with Stevenson and Boyle wide. Soon find out ....

GreenOnions
26-08-2015, 06:02 PM

I think that's a straight 4-4-2 with Boyle up front alongside Cummings

StevieBoyKdy
26-08-2015, 06:03 PM
There is an argument that Stubbs might see left back as not a priority now with mcgregor capable of full back and centre back, the same could be said for hanlon but on the left.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 06:04 PM

Surprised that we're only playing one striker against Stranraer, unless Boyle is playing more central. Maybe Stubbs is trying to bed down the system though

J-C
26-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Anyone think Malonga may be on the way out when he can't even get a start in a game like this

Lee Marvin
26-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Anyone think Malonga may be on the way out when he can't even get a start in a game like this

Yes.

That is why we are looking for a striker.

Deano Mourinho
26-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Dont disagree with your comment about the midfield mentioned needing to play together as often as possible to gain an understanding and gell ,but we have an important league game against Raith on Saturday that we simply must win so Stubbs needs to assess can Young Henderson cope with three games in one week .I don't think he will risk him the whole game .Mcgeouch will need game time but again might not play the full 90 minutes .
The view seems to be McGregor won't be match fit ,as hasn't played for a while ,so he may feature as a sub ,and Keatings also more likely as a sub ,as he has had two hamstring injuries ,so can't see him playing a full game .
So with D G already ruled out ,Lewis might not get a rest ,I really hope after last season we don't burn him out by over playing him . Early in the Season I know ,but with lack of Options at back he has been an ever present . Just as well he has a great engine on him .
Hopefully some early goals and we can ease off as game goes on

Almost right minus keeper lol young Henderson will be ok

KWJ
26-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Very strong team. Hope we get a few goals in the first half and can make some changes.

Brightside
26-08-2015, 06:15 PM
No defensive cover on the bench. We really are dismally threadbare at the back...

we're not...

AL-Qaholik
26-08-2015, 06:17 PM
we're not...

How do you figure that one out? The only natural full back we have is injured and we have little or no cover at CH...

Brightside
26-08-2015, 06:27 PM
How do you figure that one out? The only natural full back we have is injured and we have little or no cover at CH...

Gray is rested. Would have played if required. He's not. We now have 4 very decent CHs. and we have all the youth players...how many players would you like? btw Rangers now have 2 active CHs...Zaluskas is also being released.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Gray is rested. Would have played if required. He's not. We now have 4 very decent CHs. and we have all the youth players...how many players would you like? btw Rangers now have 2 active CHs...Zaluskas is also being released.

He could do a job. As my in-house punchbag.

AL-Qaholik
26-08-2015, 08:11 PM

The youth players clearly aren't ready yet or they would be featuring - especially at full back. We have 3 fit centre halves, not 4. McGregor will be a good signing but we need another fit CH, a left back and cover for both full backs.