PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Sevco.

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Based on what I saw on the telly .. so happy to get a kicking from those who were there :greengrin

Oxley ............. 6 ....... forgetting the goal I thought he actually played well and pulled off one brilliant save.

Stevenson ..... 5 ..... offered very little today in defence or attack.

Fontaine ....... 6 ...... Dealt pretty well with the Sevco front line, didn't do much wrong.

Hanlon ......... 7 ....... I thought he was excellent defensively, let down a bit by his distribution.

Gray ............ 5 ..... got skinned a couple of times because he dived in and is becoming worryingly injury prone.

Fyvie ............5 ..... rarely involved and had little influence on the game.

McGinn ........ 7 ...... up for it and did his best to up Hibs tempo ... has done little wrong this season.

Henderson ... 5 ..... he did some nice things, but didn't do much to hurt them in the final 3rd and young or not I would expect a Sunday league player to test the keeper from at least one of the two chances he had.

Carmichael .... 5 .... Had little impact .... I seriously hope he is not fit, because so far he has been pretty average compared to what I thought we were getting.

Boyle ..... 6 ...... after a slow start I thought he did pretty well, doing his best to turn their defence.

Cummings .... 6 .... some of his movement was very good, but I have to say someone should tell him that he cant hit a decent free kick, from 25 yards if you cant get the ball within 10 feet of the goals get someone who can to take them.

SUBS:

McGeough ..... 5 ..... I'm sure he doesn't want to be a right back.

Malonga .... 4 .... not an impact player, though I thought he was ok.

Stanton ..... 3 .... no chance to get into the game.

Stubbs .......... If we hadn't been so profligate in front of goal we would be saying he got his tactics spot on.

MrRobot
23-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Stanton would have scored both Henderson chances IMO.

StevieBoyKdy
23-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Henderson sadly is the obvious one today. Two chances and not hit the target with either. Need to move and just put the next one away. Hopefully he keeps improving. Minus the finishing today we have a good squad just need to be a lot more ruthless. I felt the longer the game went on we were going to Nick it

Winston Ingram
23-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Tbf to Henderson, he was blowing out his erse after an hour.

It's no really a surprise that someone who hadn't played a competitive 90 minutes since June was going to struggle to stay the course. Then add the heat to that. I cannot workout for the life of me how it took Stubbs to the 88th minute to sub him.

FromTheCapital
23-08-2015, 08:03 PM
I thought Henderson was immense for 60 minutes today then fitness caught up with him. Cummings' pass to Henderson for his 1st chance ruined the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
23-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Tbf to Henderson, he was blowing out his erse after an hour.

It's no really a surprise that someone who hadn't played a competitive 90 minutes since June was going to struggle to stay the course. Then add the heat to that. I cannot workout for the life of me how it took Stubbs to the 88th minute to sub him.

Yep he looked knackered. Showed more than enough to suggest he will be a very good player for us.

Steve20
23-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Henderson was our best player for most of the game. He missed two great chances but he was superb otherwise.

Forza Fred
23-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Henderson was our best player for most of the game. He missed two great chances but he was superb otherwise.

Agree with this.

Also thought Cummings played with a maturity I had not seen before......he can't be expected to do it all himself, in fairness to him

He's still improving though

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2015, 08:30 PM

Certainly gave us a bit of dig in midfield, and gave McGinn it both barrels after an over hit pass

tam4hibs
Fyvie has yet to start the season for me. Rated 5s every week and best described as innefective...

swap for dylan from here on in please.

BoomtownHibees
Stevenson ..... 5 ..... offered very little today in defence or attack

Henderson ... 5 ..... he did some nice things, but didn't do much to hurt them in the final 3rd and young or not I would expect a Sunday league player to test the keeper from at least one of the two chances he had.

Carmichael .... 5 .... Had little impact .... I seriously hope he is not fit, because so far he has been pretty average compared to what I thought we were getting

Stevenson done everything expected of him today which was to be a left back. Today wasn't a day for our full backs to be bombing forward.

I thought Fyvie had a great 1st half, went missing alongside most of our midfield in the 2nd.

Can't believe you have given Henderson and Carmichael the same rating. Henderson was superb for an hour then should have been replaced as he was blowing out his arse.

LancsHibs
23-08-2015, 08:32 PM

Yes I thought so to

B.H.F.C
23-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Certainly gave us a bit of dig in midfield, and gave McGinn it both barrels after an over hit pass

I noticed that as well. Thought it was quite good to see to be honest.

erin go bragh
23-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I thought Henderson was immense for 60 minutes today then fitness caught up with him. Cummings' pass to Henderson for his 1st chance ruined the move.

Read this a few times ? Cummings pass was perfect imo . Henderson ran the show for 60 mins . Mcgeuch should have replaced him imo .

GGTTH

FromTheCapital
23-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Read this a few times ? Cummings pass was perfect imo . Henderson ran the show for 60 mins . Mcgeuch should have replaced him imo .

GGTTH

Disagree mate. Pass was far too flat which made the chance a lot harder. Anything in front of Henderson and it's a certain goal. Positives to take from today though.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2015, 08:45 PM

GGTTH

It wasn't the best of passes. He should have delayed it as well to commit the defender.

Henderson still should be doing a lot better with the finish though

bill the hibby
23-08-2015, 08:45 PM
From what I seen, Henderson was our best player today, it's nice to see someone who isn't afraid to take a man on

JimBHibees
23-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Stanton would have scored both Henderson chances IMO.

What's that based on?

Thought McGinn was superb needs to stay on his feet at times though but passing and energy very good.

Taz_hibee
23-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Based on what I saw on the telly .. so happy to get a kicking from those who were there :greengrin

Oxley ............. 6 ....... forgetting the goal I thought he actually played well and pulled off one brilliant save.

Fontaine ....... 6 ...... Dealt pretty well with the Sevco front line, didn't do much wrong.

Hanlon ......... 7 ....... I thought he was excellent defensively, let down a bit by his distribution.

Gray ............ 5 ..... got skinned a couple of times because he dived in and is becoming worryingly injury prone.

McGinn ........ 7 ...... up for it and did his best to up Hibs tempo ... has done little wrong this season.

Carmichael .... 5 .... Had little impact .... I seriously hope he is not fit, because so far he has been pretty average compared to what I thought we were getting.

Boyle ..... 6 ...... after a slow start I thought he did pretty well, doing his best to turn their defence.

Cummings .... 6 .... some of his movement was very good, but I have to say someone should tell him that he cant hit a decent free kick, from 25 yards if you cant get the ball within 10 feet of the goals get someone who can to take them.

SUBS:

Stubbs .......... If we hadn't been so profligate in front of goal we would be saying he got his tactics spot on.

Your having a laugh re Stevenson, in 1st half especially he was our best defender, as already stated this was not a game he was going to get forward as much but still put in some decent balls and kept their full back quiet for most of the game, could have done with a bit more support from Carmichael in second half, only my opinion of course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sergey
23-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Stevenson done everything expected of him today which was to be a right back. Today wasn't a day for our full backs to be bombing forward.

I thought Fyvie had a great 1st half, went missing alongside most of our midfield in the 2nd.

Can't believe you have given Henderson and Carmichael the same rating. Henderson was superb for an hour then should have been replaced as he was blowing out his arse.

Like the time he took a free-kick on the halfway line. Dithered, dallied and dithered again, then passed it 5 yards sideways to Fontaine?

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Like the time he took a free-kick on the halfway line. Dithered, dallied and dithered again, then passed it 5 yards sideways to Fontaine?

What did you want him to do with it?

Don't remember the one little thing that you have picked up on however if that's the only fault in his game today then he's done ok

bigwheel
23-08-2015, 09:38 PM

That's what your picking on Stevenson for ?? Is he such a hate figure for you that you pick up on nuances on his game - do you ignore the time and time again he was stopping their full back and their wide men getting any real dangerous crosses in from the right hand side today - and the time he got a foot in to stop a shot at goal from about 6 yards out ? after a shaky start to the season, he had a decent game today

Andy74
23-08-2015, 10:08 PM

SUBS:

Carmichael. What happens to decent wingers when we sign them? We seem to turn them into slow players who do little except pass the ball back and inside. Get flying past people on the outside!

Billy Whizz
23-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Carmichael. What happens to decent wingers when we sign them? We seem to turn them into slow players who do little except pass the ball back and inside. Get flying past people on the outside!

Play him on the right then, that's where he plays

Eyrie
23-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Play him on the right then, that's where he plays

We'd need to play Boyle on the left in that case, or at least swap them during games.

Actually, thinking of Boyle's attempt when their keeper passed him the ball, maybe there is a case for Boyle on the left and cutting in to shoot with his right.

high bee
23-08-2015, 10:43 PM
We'd need to play Boyle on the left in that case, or at least swap them during games.

Actually, thinking of Boyle's attempt when their keeper passed him the ball, maybe there is a case for Boyle on the left and cutting in to shoot with his right.

10/10. Can't see why this isn't obvious to AS, Carmichael is cutting in all the time and Boyle has the pace and quick feet to cut in and get a shot away.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2015, 10:45 PM

So why did we sign 2 right sides wingers?

gegs70
24-08-2015, 12:10 AM
I felt overall it was a decent performance. Left side with carMichael and Stevenson was a little less involved. I certainly feel our midfield did well overall but wasn't too convinced by malongas addition wasn't the impact player that we needed at that stage and certainly misplaced a few passes. We defiantly need a few additions up front and defensively!

Septimus
24-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Watching on a screen only but, to me, Stevenson had a really good game.

Winston Ingram
24-08-2015, 07:54 AM

Oh my god. Stubbs should have subbed him right away!!!:rolleyes:

Fergos
24-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Thought there were definite positive signs yesterday. The biggest worry for me is that we seem more adept and set up for teams that come at us and make the play in a league where we need to be on the front foot taking the game to opponents.

Ox - world class save then IMHO poorly positioned for the goal that was admittedly a wonder strike.

Back 4 - better as the game wore on, DGs form / injury worries continue to concern however...and the lack of cover here too.

Midfield - McGinn the pick for me here....great pass and can tackle, looks a real prospect. Henderson done well for an hour, better in the advanced position than when he came left side. Fyvie....needs to improve as for me he's had a slow start to this season. Wide men done ok, bit embarrassing that Boyle took his chance with his stronger foot when it would have been better with his left. Thought Carmichael done ok first half in helping to stop their RB but we need more going forward from him.

JC - kept their back 4 moving on his own...but should have scored one of his chances....done everything well -apart from score! We need reinforcements up top. Hopefully when we get Farid and Keatings fit our options here will improve and we convert more of our chances.

Not a disaster and certainly proved we won't be far away, not close enough at the moment however.

GGTTH

mmmmhibby
24-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Ok, we are playing our main rivals in this league, so why should our full backs not get forward more??? I'd have thought they should, as we are looking to win games like this.... FFS we were playing SEVCO not Barcelona. We need fullbacks to be bombing forward all game every game in this poxy league.

Cropley10
24-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Henderson has potential. Every other signing either injured or yet to make an impact. Shame we're already 4 games in, luckily we managed to beat newly-promoted Morton by scoring one goal.

Left back, CH and up top still a worry.

We seem to buy players who are either unfit, can't be bothered or aren't good enough.

bigwheel
24-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Henderson has potential. Every other signing either injured or yet to make an impact. Shame we're already 4 games in, luckily we managed to beat newly-promoted Morton by scoring one goal.

Left back, CH and up top still a worry.

We seem to buy players who are either unfit, can't be bothered or aren't good enough.

Did you see McGinn yesterday? - excellent performance - my MoM...already happy he is a quality addition. That said, on your broader point - it is indeed a big shame that our other new additions were not flying by the time the season started...that has no doubt had a big impact on our start to the season.

Eyrie
24-08-2015, 06:15 PM
So why did we sign 2 right sides wingers?

We need more than one winger, so I'd be delighted if we add a left winger before the end of the month.

Then we'd have the width that we're missing and all we'd require is Stubbs to tell the players to up the tempo.