PDA

View Full Version : Positive thread

Wheat Hound
23-08-2015, 06:30 PM
I walked out of Ibrox today disappointed but proud of the team and feeling far more positive about the season ahead than I did 2 weeks ago leaving Dumbarton. McGinn was really strong, full of energy and dominated the midfield . Henderson missed his 2 chances but also displayed good skill and confidence. Our defence was solid and were barely cut open. ...much improved from our centre halves. Boyle and Carmichael both worked hard and helped nullify their full backs and thus their main threat.Granted both could have done better in an attacking sense but this will come. And JC again should have done better with his chances but his movement and strength showed great progress....he did well for being up front alone.

Let's beat Raith, get on a run then get set for beating Sevco at ER on 1st Nov.

Keep the faith. GGTTH

SteveHFC
23-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Booooooo. :greengrin

Agree with your post mate.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Still lost though.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

stantonhibby
23-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Still lost though.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

You're on the wrong thread

Leith Green
23-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Agree about McGinn think he looks a cracking signing. I also thought hanlon and fontaine were excellent today..

Blaster
23-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Agree about McGinn think he looks a cracking signing. I also thought hanlon and fontaine were excellent today..

Yes me too. Thought result apart there were lots of positives but the centre halfs and McGinn stood out for me

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-08-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm on a personal mission to curtail any optimism.

I'd agree though John McGinn looks good, I'd even argue that he is a more valuable player to us than Allan was.
Henderson as well looks as if he knows what he is doing.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Our general play today was very good, we were the better side but once again our failure to take our chances comes back to bite us.

It's so annoying because we probably should have won that today.

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Henderson looks a talent......

We have 33 games left, we will get stronger, the bigots won't be so lucky all season......

Keep the Faith

Smartie
23-08-2015, 06:43 PM
The whole defensive unit did well for me.

Very unlucky to lose the goal from a free-kick that never was and did well enough throughout to deserve the odd bit of luck that went their way.

They'll need to keep playing like that though, and if we perform like we did in the attacking third then their majestic defending will still only earn a point at a time.

Stokesy's on fire
23-08-2015, 06:49 PM
By far the better team today. We have to make our chances count had we done that today we would have ended Warburton it takes one defeat to blow them up.

Jones28
23-08-2015, 06:50 PM
I'm pleased that we didn't fall to pieces like we did in the last game against them. Better defensively, created enough chances to win the game and should've taken at least a point.

Should'ves don't win you league titles but we showed today that we are a good side and don't deserve to be written off as league winners.

thebausburst
23-08-2015, 06:54 PM
I walked out of Ibrox today disappointed but proud of the team and feeling far more positive about the season ahead than I did 2 weeks ago leaving Dumbarton. McGinn was really strong, full of energy and dominated the midfield . Henderson missed his 2 chances but also displayed good skill and confidence. Our defence was solid and were barely cut open. ...much improved from our centre halves. Boyle and Carmichael both worked hard and helped nullify their full backs and thus their main threat.Granted both could have done better in an attacking sense but this will come. And JC again should have done better with his chances but his movement and strength showed great progress....he did well for being up front alone.

Agree with a lot of that, apart from Carmichael who I thought was very dissapointing and also very slow.

jacomo
23-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Henderson looks a talent......

We have 33 games left, we will get stronger, the bigots won't be so lucky all season......

Keep the Faith

:agree:

We need the players to believe it, though. Mon the Hibs.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2015, 07:32 PM
We battled well today, defended ok if a little desperately at times and created our own chances.

Not sure we were the better team though. We were hemmed in for a good 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half, had less possession, fewercorners and fewer shots. For all we will bemoan the fact we could have had 2 or 3 goals I'm sure Rangers will feel likewise.

I really can't fault too many players performances.today and none of them for effort but right now it's points we need.

Alex Trager
23-08-2015, 10:07 PM

Let's beat Raith, get on a run then get set for beating Sevco at ER on 1st Nov.

Keep the faith. GGTTH

This is exactly as I feel.
Truly.

PatHead
23-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Thought there was a lot more fight about the team today. If we play like that and get the goals we will win the league.

They are not very solid looking.

Eyrie
23-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Agree with a lot of that, apart from Carmichael who I thought was very dissapointing and also very slow.

I don't think it was the sort of game that suits Carmichael. I'll judge him on games where we're doing most of the attacking.

I was impressed by McGinn and Henderson in particular, and based on today I don't think there is that much between us and Sevco Huns. We've got El Alagui, Keatings and Forster to come back and a defender (or hopefully two) to come in which means we will continue to improve.