PDA

View Full Version : Keatings

Billy Whizz
23-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Spoke to him at the game today. Said he's been in full training last 2 days. Hope to see him in a Hibs jersey sometime soon!

Mr White
23-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Farid, keatings and forster to come back can only help us. We need to click soon and be on the back of an impressive, ruthless run next time we meet the orcs.

Colr
23-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Farid, keatings and forster to come back can only help us. We need to click soon and be on the back of an impressive, ruthless run next time we meet the orcs.

Farid will be welcome.

Thecat23
23-08-2015, 05:56 PM

In all honesty it may well be to late! What we needed was a good pre season which we never had. No where near tough enough!

Then we needed everyone ready to hit the ground running, again we failed to do this as players injured and a terrible performance against Dumbarton. We needed these guys but sadly it's turned out same as last year off the pace after only 3 games!

We will finish second again IMO and be interesting if the do change the league after its expected to be.

we are hibs
23-08-2015, 06:07 PM
We need a striker who stays central like Farid so Cummings can drop deep. I reckon if Boyle and Carmichael can get good balls into the box then Farid will thrive on that with his heading ability

California-Hibs
23-08-2015, 06:07 PM
In all honesty it may well be to late! What we needed was a good pre season which we never had. No where near tough enough!

Then we needed everyone ready to hit the ground running, again we failed to do this as players injured and a terrible performance against Dumbarton. We needed these guys but sadly it's turned out same as last year off the pace after only 3 games!

We will finish second again IMO and be interesting if the do change the league after its expected to be.

Not sure why se fans act like its a disaster finishing 2nd?! We'll have a right good chance of going up this time not having to face Rangers. I'm still standing firm that if we don't win the league then this time, we'll go up via the play offs. Kilmarnock? Yes please!

emerald green
23-08-2015, 06:08 PM

If The Rangers get automatic promotion this season then I think we can forget about league reconstruction next season. I don't believe the clubs in the Premiership would vote for it.

Also, the point you make about the performance, and result, at Dumbarton is all too obvious after today's result - sitting 6th in The Championship. And yes I know it's early in the season. Games against Dumbarton simply have to be won to have any chance of getting out of this league as winners, or possibly through the play-offs - no guarantee there as we all know.

emerald green
23-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Not sure why se fans act like its a disaster finishing 2nd?! We'll have a right good chance of going up this time not having to face Rangers. I'm still standing firm that if we don't win the league then this time, we'll go up via the play offs. Kilmarnock? Yes please!

If Kilmarnock are bottom in the Premier league at the end of the season we wouldn't be playing them in the play-offs should we get to that stage.

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Can't wait to see a fit Farid and Keatings........

Ronniekirk
23-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Spoke to him at the game today. Said he's been in full training last 2 days. Hope to see him in a Hibs jersey sometime soon!

Good news billy as we need options up front But again will take him a few weeks to get match fit .

Thecat23
23-08-2015, 06:24 PM

Same here!

Thecat23
23-08-2015, 06:28 PM

Not having a go at you here but it's time we stopped settling for second best ffs. Install a winning mentality and start expecting to win all our games. I'm sorry if this doesn't sit well with some but Hearts got it spot on and are still doing it right whether we like to admit it or not.

Since they started again they have build a strong mentality and a good side. So finishing second and hoping Killie are ***** is a losers way out. How many thought we'd face well on the play off final and thought we'd win it? Let's win games win them well and start gaining momentum because I'm so ****ing sick of finishing second best because to many players and fans seem to think it's ok!

Aldo
23-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Farid has been a massive loss IMHO! Gives us something different to what we have.

Keatings looked good for the Yams last season so also expecting him to provide some competition!

lyonhibs
23-08-2015, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=California-Hibs;4449295]Not sure why se fans act like its a disaster finishing 2nd?! We'll have a right good chance of going up this time not having to face Rangers. I'm still standing firm that if we don't win the league then this time, we'll go up via the play offs. Kilmarnock? Yes please![/QUOTE

A "right good chance"?? Yogi, is that you?

We, Alan Stubbs and the players should not be allowing the thought that 2nd place is OK or in any way a success in Scotland's 2nd division.

If we go up via that route, wonderful, but between now and the end of the season, defeats that make finishing 2nd more and more likely, will and should be treated as frankly a bit of a disaster and certainly not tolerated.

weonlywon6-2
23-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Farid is always injured which isn't much good for us

StevieBoyKdy
23-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Think Keatings will score a few when he can't get and rain fit. We were ten plus points behind them last season and still came second. Keep the faith. They have no doubt improved but today shows they are there for the takin IF You take your chances.

jacomo
23-08-2015, 07:09 PM

Last season it took us until nearly October to get our act together. It's not even September yet.

Today's result very disappointing but I'm not throwing in the towel yet. We can and should be looking to win this League.

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2015, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=California-Hibs;4449295]Not sure why se fans act like its a disaster finishing 2nd?! We'll have a right good chance of going up this time not having to face Rangers. I'm still standing firm that if we don't win the league then this time, we'll go up via the play offs. Kilmarnock? Yes please![/QUOTE

A "right good chance"?? Yogi, is that you?

We, Alan Stubbs and the players should not be allowing the thought that 2nd place is OK or in any way a success in Scotland's 2nd division.

If we go up via that route, wonderful, but between now and the end of the season, defeats that make finishing 2nd more and more likely, will and should be treated as frankly a bit of a disaster and certainly not tolerated.

I agree but there is a heck of a lot of supporters who have done so.

jacomo
23-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Not having a go at you here but it's time we stopped settling for second best ffs. Install a winning mentality and start expecting to win all our games. I'm sorry if this doesn't sit well with some but Hearts got it spot on and are still doing it right whether we like to admit it or not.

Since they started again they have build a strong mentality and a good side. So finishing second and hoping Killie are ***** is a losers way out. How many thought we'd face well on the play off final and thought we'd win it? Let's win games win them well and start gaining momentum because I'm so ****ing sick of finishing second best because to many players and fans seem to think it's ok!

:agree:

Forza Fred
23-08-2015, 08:29 PM

The Huns beat us but failed to beat the second bottom Premier League side last round of play offs

History records that - unless you are playing Hibs - it is very difficult for the lower league side to progress at the expense of a Premier side.

And as has been stated, the bottom Premier League side is automatically relegated, so it probably won't be Kilmarnock.

southern hibby
23-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Can I say for a good 45 minutes we played the orcs of the park and made numerous chances this team will gel better than The Rangers and finish stronger.

Make no mistake I firmly believe we will go up

GGTTH

Wheat Hound
23-08-2015, 08:39 PM
I agree

Roxyhibee
23-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Thats the starting combo for me, with Jason bursting to come on at some point to reinject the striking potential.

Very frustrating at the moment..

Scooter
23-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Looking forward to Keatings coming in but I think we need to move on from Farid I don't think we will see him fully fit again. I hope I'm wrong

Roxyhibee
23-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Looking forward to Keatings coming in but I think we need to move on from Farid I don't think we will see him fully fit again. I hope I'm wrong

Yeah, I gave those fears too.. What a waste having him at our club all this time in this league and barely having seen him..

Alex Trager
23-08-2015, 10:04 PM

No chance man.

From what i seen today we can match them

I felt they ran out of ideas fast.

We played well to stop them, after we weathered the storm for the first ten mins of each half.

They were sloppy in possession at times.

If we can match their results, better them even, before we meet we will beat them with a fully fit squad.

After today I do not fear what lies ahead.

I felt as though it would be the breaking point. But by no means do I think that.

If we play to that standard every week we will beat teams, hopefully week in week out.

There are tough games on the horizon for both teams mind you.

They won't win this league at a canter.

high bee
23-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Can't wait to see this guy get a game.

If we win all our games we win the league. Would be interestingly see what happens if we win all our games up to and including the next time we play the zombies, sometimes it can play in the mind when you are being chased.

Leith Mo
24-08-2015, 12:51 AM

Spot on TC. Been assured of how important it was seen to get off to a flyer but because of injuries rather than lack of preparation or lack of defensive cover we're not there (but latter problem should get addressed this week I believe). Hamstrung (obvious pun there) by injuries to key players for goals - Farid and Keatings - so for me defender is key and being sorted. Patience! (Dylan wasn't announced Monday but all good things come to those who wait allegedly including the Scottish Cup). Fear not - we should all going well announce at least one signing this week

RMQ1967
24-08-2015, 09:27 AM

I don't believe anyone goes out with the intention of settling for second best however even with the best will and endeavor in the world you might not win. Most fans don't think it's acceptable to lose a game in this league but equally most will also be realistic about the performances and circumstances in each game.

I agree pre-season was poor and progress has been slow but looking at yesterdays game I think everyone (Hibs and rangers players and fans) can see we're finally getting up to speed. I agree there was a lack of belief about some of our play yesterday (and that's maybe understandable after the 2-6 mauling) but all in all we were the better team and made the better chances. Rangers won't be so sure of themselves in future games.

Despite a poor decision from the referee, a bit of composure would have won us the game comfortably. It is only 3 games in and we've lost 2 of those but all things considered (the Allan saga, the late arrivals of Dylan & Henderson and the list of ongoing injuries) we're starting to look like a team that will kick on and get the results we all expect.

Andy74
24-08-2015, 09:34 AM
I don't believe anyone goes out with the intention of settling for second best however even with the best will and endeavor in the world you might not win. Most fans don't think it's acceptable to lose a game in this league but equally most will also be realistic about the performances and circumstances in each game.

I agree pre-season was poor and progress has been slow but looking at yesterdays game I think everyone (Hibs and rangers players and fans) can see we're finally getting up to speed. I agree there was a lack of belief about some of our play yesterday (and that's maybe understandable after the 2-6 mauling) but all in all we were the better team and made the better chances. Rangers won't be so sure of themselves in future games.

Despite a poor decision from the referee, a bit of composure would have won us the game comfortably. It is only 3 games in and we've lost 2 of those but all things considered (the Allan saga, the late arrivals of Dylan & Henderson and the list of ongoing injuries) we're starting to look like a team that will kick on and get the results we all expect.

Better team is a stretch.

We had less possession. They had 10 corners to our 1.

They had more shots on and off target.

We had some clear chances but they did too. Miller mis kick and the Oxley save for example.

We were okay and we could have got something but we were not the better team.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-08-2015, 09:37 AM
We need a striker badly....i reckon farids finished. Cant see us getting a full season out of him due to his injury probs . Would like to see him do well but i just can't see it....just my opinion of course

flash
24-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Do you have information that he is finished or are you just posting because you have nothing better to do?

Brightside
24-08-2015, 09:39 AM
We need a striker badly....i reckon farids finished. Cant see us getting a full season out of him due to his injury probs . Would like to see him do well but i just can't see it....just my opinion of course

really silly to use words like Finished. He's far from finished and will be available to play soon. Will we get a full season out of him? NO. Who currently gives us a full season? Lewis?.....I think that's it.

hibs0666
24-08-2015, 09:43 AM

We had some clear chances but they did too. Miller mis kick and the Oxley save for example.

Let's not be talking ourselves down here - we were not dominated and no-one would have complained if we'd walked away with a point.

The huns scored with a fluke, and that was one of only two meaningful efforts that they had on goal all game.

Brightside
24-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Let's not be talking ourselves down here - we were not dominated and no-one would have complained if we'd walked away with a point.

The huns scored with a fluke, and that was one of only two meaningful efforts that they had on goal all game.

we had 4 full on chances. did they have 2? the miller one was snuffed out by Hanlon. Free Header best chance for them.

gegs70
24-08-2015, 09:50 AM

Although we may not have gained as many corners etc I still feel we competed extremely well. We had a number of chances in good areas that perhaps we didn't do as well as we should more than enough to win the game....We really need to become more ruthless up front. The fact that we have gone to ibrox and really given them a good game possibly exposed a few weaknesses should give us a little confidence.

Jim44
24-08-2015, 10:03 AM

If The Rangers get automatic promotion this season then I think we can forget about league reconstruction next season. I don't believe the clubs in the Premiership would vote for it.

Also, the point you make about the performance, and result, at Dumbarton is all too obvious after today's result - sitting 6th in The Championship. And yes I know it's early in the season. Games against Dumbarton simply have to be won to have any chance of getting out of this league as winners, or possibly through the play-offs - no guarantee there as we all know.

.......... and I'm not having a go at you, TC23, but your two posts seem to contradict each other. On the one hand you say we'll probably end up in second place then you say your fed up with folk talking about getting second place. :confused: We'll all be disappointed if we don't get automatic promotion but a strong finish in second place isn't a bad alternative.

Mathias Jack
25-08-2015, 11:32 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/james-keatings-poised-for-hibs-debut-1-3867543

Story in the EN today; if he's not involved tomorrow against Stranraer, he'll defo be involved on Saturday against Raith. At last!

Onion
25-08-2015, 11:37 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/james-keatings-poised-for-hibs-debut-1-3867543

Story in the EN today; if he's not involved tomorrow against Stranraer, he'll defo be involved on Saturday against Raith. At last!

That's great news. Need more competition for places in the team - sadly lacking up front and at the back. Darren will also introduce a bit of steel. Looking forward to seeing him in a Hibs jersey.

Thecat23
25-08-2015, 01:16 PM
.......... and I'm not having a go at you, TC23, but your two posts seem to contradict each other. On the one hand you say we'll probably end up in second place then you say your fed up with folk talking about getting second place. :confused: We'll all be disappointed if we don't get automatic promotion but a strong finish in second place isn't a bad alternative.

I'm certainly not happy if we finish second! I said I expect us to finish second though after our poor start.

Allant1981
25-08-2015, 04:40 PM
we had 4 full on chances. did they have 2? the miller one was snuffed out by Hanlon. Free Header best chance for them.

What about the one cleared off the line by gray, or the 2 saves by oxley

Franck Stanton
25-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Silly argument developing here, Rangers were the slightly better team on Sunday [god it hurts to say/admit that], however, we competed well, made as many goal scoring chances as they did, but at this level you have to take them. As for the goal, imo it was not a free kick, but...unfortunately the ref said it was but the player took it very well, if we had scored one just like it we would be raving about it. A LOT of positives to be taken from the game, it is in the past, we move on and get stronger with each passing game, still a long way to go.

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2015, 05:41 PM
A draw would have been a fair result, anyhow, delighted Keatings is going to be involved ASAP, can't wait to see him play

Alex Trager
25-08-2015, 07:27 PM
In the squad tomorrow

Billy Whizz
25-08-2015, 07:39 PM
In the squad tomorrow

He'll play some part Stubbs said

Ronniekirk
25-08-2015, 07:57 PM
He'll play some part Stubbs said

On that basis am going to get away from work early and head through as assume McGregor will get some game time as well

Aldo
25-08-2015, 07:59 PM
On that basis am going to get away from work early and head through as assume McGregor will get some game time as well

Hopefully he'll get on the scoresheet Ronnie and we keep a clean sheet as well.

Ronniekirk
25-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Don't bet Aldo ,but might just put one on now you have mentioned it :wink:

Billy Whizz
25-08-2015, 09:06 PM

I presume he will, as Stubbs said Gray isn't fit for tomorrow, but maybe available for Saturday. Not sure how much football McGregor has played this season though

MB62
26-08-2015, 08:28 AM
I presume he will, as Stubbs said Gray isn't fit for tomorrow, but maybe available for Saturday. Not sure how much football McGregor has played this season though

Shirley he will be fit enough to play against a part time team though? He has been training full time and probably been playing bounce games as part of that, so is probably fitter than any of the opposition he might come up against.

JimBHibees
26-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Shirley he will be fit enough to play against a part time team though? He has been training full time and probably been playing bounce games as part of that, so is probably fitter than any of the opposition he might come up against.

Unlikely if they have been playing and have had a full pre-season part time or not.

Leithenhibby
26-08-2015, 08:38 AM

:agree:

I'm thinking this and a few goals, just to get our tails up a tad :wink:

ahibby
26-08-2015, 09:16 AM

I find myself agreeing with all of this. I think that second will be good enough as the quality in the SPL seems to have dropped at the bottom end of the league. We can win the play offs.

oneone73
26-08-2015, 11:08 AM
I find myself agreeing with all of this. I think that second will be good enough as the quality in the SPL seems to have dropped at the bottom end of the league. We can win the play offs.

We were second last season and didn't even make the play-off final.

26-08-2015, 11:10 AM

Same here. We desperatly need something up front.

Allant1981
26-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Just stuck a pic of the changing room up on instagram, he is in the squad tonight, not sure if starting though

Leithenhibby
26-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Just stuck a pic of the changing room up on instagram, he is in the squad tonight, not sure if starting though

He's on the bench...... :wink:

GlasgowHibee
26-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Would be ideal if he could come off the bench and score tonight.

Leithenhibby
26-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Would be ideal if he could come off the bench and score tonight.

Why not, fingers crossed. :agree: