PDA

View Full Version : Gray injured

bill the hibby
23-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Anyone heard how serious it is? He's a cracking player but unfortunately a bit injury prone probably when we need him most, it's a shame

J-C
23-08-2015, 05:00 PM
He was holding the back of the leg just under the buttock, so it will be hammy, depends if it's a tear or a strain.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2015, 05:03 PM
When he first arrived he was hailed as the best right back since Whittaker, but he always seems to be recovering from one injury or another, which has stopped him reaching that early form.

Real Emerald
23-08-2015, 05:04 PM
The whole injury problem thing with our squad is really doing my head in. It's one after another and you've got to think there's something not right with the preparation or are we really that unlucky.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Not sure what his injury is, but we need a new right back urgently, as Gray seems to pick up injury after injury unfortunately. Stubbs doesn't trust Dunsmore. Why put him on the bench in the 1st place, If you're not going to use him on when our right back goes off injured.
Don't think we've got another right back on our books, because Forster certainly isn't one

J-C
23-08-2015, 05:10 PM
The whole injury problem thing with our squad is really doing my head in. It's one after another and you've got to think there's something not right with the preparation or are we really that unlucky.

Maybe why Flannigan is going to Rangers and we're not trying harder to keep him

Bishop Hibee
23-08-2015, 05:12 PM
When he first arrived he was hailed as the best right back since Whittaker, but he always seems to be recovering from one injury or another, which has stopped him reaching that early form.

This wouldn't be hard given some of the duffers we've had. Gray does seem very injury prone. We need a right back if his injury will keep him out for a while. I was pleased to see Wallace go off for them as he's there best player. Hopefully out for a while.

overdrive
23-08-2015, 05:20 PM
This wouldn't be hard given some of the duffers we've had. Gray does seem very injury prone. We need a right back if his injury will keep him out for a while. I was pleased to see Wallace go off for them as he's there best player. Hopefully out for a while.

Eh? Did I miss this? I didn't see him go off although my tablet died a minute before the end.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Eh? Did I miss this? I didn't see him go off although my tablet died a minute before the end.

He didn't go off, at least not permanenty.

He went down and got treatment from the physio for a couple of minutes but came back on again.

Scottie
23-08-2015, 06:48 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking J-C but don't really know otherwise so :confused: as we seem to have an everlasting injury prone team.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Stubbs saying on Hibs TV, that he had a tight hamstring, and he thinks it's nothing too serious

B.H.F.C
23-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Stubbs saying on Hibs TV, that he had a tight hamstring, and he thinks it's nothing too serious

It's happened to him too often since the turn of the year.

Defender required urgently.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2015, 07:59 PM
It's happened to him too often since the turn of the year.

Defender required urgently.

Can't disagree with this. Probably get fit until the next injury

Pretty Boy
23-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Did anyone else think it strange he was replaced by a midfielder rather than the recognised, if inexperienced, right back on the bench?

B.H.F.C
23-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Did anyone else think it strange he was replaced by a midfielder rather than the recognised, if inexperienced, right back on the bench?

Not so much strange, just a complete lack of faith in the young lads coming through. Maybe just shows that the likes of Dunsnore is nowhere near ready. But why have him on the bench if you've no intention of using him?

Billy Whizz
23-08-2015, 08:02 PM

I said this on the PM board. Why have Dunsmore in the squad in the 1st place, if you don't have confidence in him. Won't give the young lad much confidence

emerald green
23-08-2015, 08:05 PM

That's good news but I just get the feeling that it's a matter of time before it goes again. I really hope not for the player's sake.

Forza Fred
23-08-2015, 08:12 PM

Commentator mentioned he was a 'young player with Rangers"

Maybe he just wants to emulate Scottie Allan.

Roxyhibee
23-08-2015, 08:18 PM
When we first signed him, a guy I know, whose son is the same age as Gray, played with him in a few teams throughout the years and kept in touch with him said to me "that's a good signing for you, Gray's a great player - but, - he is injury prone.."

Fevkin heck - no' half.! Very frustrating and agree we need cover asap.. Hate to say it on such a quality player - but, he's fast becoming no good to us now.. Real shame for him and us..

DH1875
23-08-2015, 09:00 PM

Just about everyone on here.

rcarter1
23-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Speaking of injuries. Am I right in saying the Dundee Utd team that won the title in the 80's managed the whole season without a significant injury? Funny that in those days the game was a lot harder in terms of tackles. Makes you wonder if we have learned anything about physiology and fitness in the last 30 years..

Andy74
23-08-2015, 09:33 PM

Perhaps Ibrox with Lee Wallace and then likely that Spurs boy running at you wasn't the time or place to see if he was good enough.

That said why bother with him on the bench?

trev the hat
23-08-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm sure Dylan has covered RB once before due to a mid game necessity can't remember why though.

Eyrie
23-08-2015, 10:37 PM
He played right wing back in the semi final last season, but kept drifting in field. Based on what I could tell from the TV it looked like he stuck to his position better today.

Mikey09
23-08-2015, 10:59 PM
I think we will see a defender come in this week... :greengrin

gegs70
23-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Where can Bartley play other than a defensive mid?

silverhibee
24-08-2015, 12:11 AM
I think we will see a defender come in this week... :greengrin

You get a PM from Underscore like. :cb :greengrin

scoopyboy
24-08-2015, 06:54 AM
I said this on the PM board. Why have Dunsmore in the squad in the 1st place, if you don't have confidence in him. Won't give the young lad much confidence

Hibs are actively trying to get Dunsmore and Crane out on loan to get experience.

Brightside
24-08-2015, 09:19 AM
You get a PM from Underscore like. :cb :greengrin

not me... but we are active in this area. btw did anyone notice that Stubbs had a cut lip and a graze on his eye on Sunday?

SlickShoes
24-08-2015, 09:24 AM
not me... but we are active in this area. btw did anyone notice that Stubbs had a cut lip and a graze on his eye on Sunday?

He shouldn't have approached Rod for more money to spend

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 09:28 AM

Didnt notice that, are you saying there was a bit more going down than you were admitting when you ambushed him in a supermarket last week. :greengrin

Mathias Jack
24-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Not so much strange, just a complete lack of faith in the young lads coming through. Maybe just shows that the likes of Dunsnore is nowhere near ready. But why have him on the bench if you've no intention of using him?

I agree completely, why have him on the bench? Possibly too big a game to risk a young player, shoot his confidence to bits.

Would like to think he'll get a run on out against Stranraer, no pressure on him.

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 11:39 AM
I agree completely, why have him on the bench? Possibly too big a game to risk a young player, shoot his confidence to bits.

Would like to think he'll get a run on out against Stranraer, no pressure on him.

Nail on the head I think he would be on the bench as an option however chose the more experienced option which actually worked ok as it was. Just imagine if he had thrown on the kid and he had been mullered by Wallace and Oduwa then the manager would have been criticised for exposing him too early. He will know the capabilities of players more than we will.