PDA

View Full Version : Both teams are poor

cleanyman
23-08-2015, 01:42 PM
But Rangers have that extra bit of quality that will see them win the league at a canter.

Walking back from the game and I can't remember seeing so many misplaced places like I did today from both teams

We set up to frustrate but we fluffed our lines.

DH1875
23-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Thought we played pretty well today to be honest. Another day and we could have had 3 or 4 goals easy.

SkintHibby
23-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Thought we played pretty well today to be honest. Another day and we could have had 3 or 4 goals easy.

Lots of what you have been smoking today my friend. Lots of it please.:agree:

Yuillsy
23-08-2015, 01:54 PM

This is the problem though, we seem to be saying this every week.
We did play well today but lack the ruthless streak that we really need.

GreenCastle
23-08-2015, 01:57 PM
But Rangers have that extra bit of quality that will see them win the league at a canter.

Walking back from the game and I can't remember seeing so many misplaced places like I did today from both teams

We set up to frustrate but we fluffed our lines.

I would like to be poor and top of the league

oldbutdim
23-08-2015, 02:01 PM

A tale of missed chances.

A win by two or three goals would have been on the cards if we had taken the 'obvious' chances.

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2015, 02:02 PM
I actually thought it was not a bad game of football. Maybe my standards have dropped. We should have won. Said it all last season that no matter how good Jason and Dom are, we do not convert enough chances.

Lago
23-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Hibs played ok, maybe better than I expected, but I don't see any real improvement from last season or any real goal threat. It is not the type of football that will have crowds rolling up to ER, and I think we will be chasing rangers from here in.

Forza Fred
23-08-2015, 02:16 PM
I actually thought it was not a bad game of football. Maybe my standards have dropped. We should have won. Said it all last season that no matter how good Jason and Dom are, we do not convert enough chances.

I'm afraid I'm fast losing confidence in Mr Malonga.

And whatever he may be, I do not see him as the type of player who will make a huge impact coming on in such a game against the Huns.

Never expected anything from that substitution to be honest.

cabbage_88
23-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Completely agree. Need to be far more clinical, had 4 really good chances. Thought we more than matched them. Better team in the first half I thought

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

davym7062
23-08-2015, 03:11 PM
We need James keatings fit asap or we will always struggle for goals

sesoim
23-08-2015, 04:05 PM
We played well enough in terms of passing and possession, but Stubbs has signed too many players that can pass the ball about well enough in midfield but have no cutting edge. I really can't believe after the way we struggled to convert chances at times last season that we have signed another load of midfielders who barely look capable of kicking the ball into an open goal.

We definitely need to sign a fast, hard working striker who can knock in 20 goals a season. That shouldn't be so hard considering the level we are playing at. I don't know what type of player Keatings is but, if him and El Algui are going to be out for much longer then that has to be a necessity. Malonga should get booted asap - the odd goal doesn't make up for his all round contribution or attitude. We also need a couple of player to add competition in defence. Even goalkeeping is a problem, but it looks like we are stuck with Oxley for the moment thanks to Stubbs taking the easy option rather than looking further afield.

Really, after a year in charge, the manager and his multiple assistants should have had the squad sorted by now, and the fact that we still look shaky in goals and defensively, and weak in front of goals, doesn't reflect well on them at all.

Real Emerald
23-08-2015, 04:12 PM
If you can't score goals you don't win games. We don't even have anyone who can take a dangerous free kick. We will have loads of good games this season but we will not threaten Rangers unless we can get players who can score goals. It is the number one problem.

Keith_M
23-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Alex Cropley was quoted as saying a few days ago, "I can't believe so many players get paid so much for passing the ball sideways"

That pretty much sums up Hibs.

emerald green
23-08-2015, 04:38 PM

I read your post mate, and then got a distinct feeling of deja vu. How many times has similar stuff been said about Hibs after matches?

Yet again, null points though. It's stating the obvious but it's getting more points than everyone else that matters. Nothing else really.

I couldn't care if Hibs played crap today, but would be happy with the 3 points had they got them. Playing brilliant football and winning is a bonus. I wish.

Nemo
24-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Really, after a year in charge, the manager and his multiple assistants should have had the squad sorted by now, and the fact that we still look shaky in goals and defensively, and weak in front of goals, doesn't reflect well on them at all.

agreed, but i think money has got a big part to play in it too.

he's hoping to land real quality players without the budget to get them, the downside to that strategy is they don't come along very often.

Andy74
24-08-2015, 09:10 AM
I'm afraid I'm fast losing confidence in Mr Malonga.

And whatever he may be, I do not see him as the type of player who will make a huge impact coming on in such a game against the Huns.

Never expected anything from that substitution to be honest.

I don't think Malonga has been fit for a while but he is having to play.

I still think he is one of our best players when fit but if he isn't he seems to struggle.

Spike Mandela
24-08-2015, 10:21 AM
If I were a QotS, Falkirk, Raith or even a Dumbarton fan I would fancy a crack at either of these two teams.

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 10:23 AM
If I were a QotS, Falkirk, Raith or even a Dumbarton fan I would fancy a crack at either of these two teams.

Hope so it would be nice if they did have a go rather than parking the double decker especially when they play at ER.

heretoday
24-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Alex Cropley was quoted as saying a few days ago, "I can't believe so many players get paid so much for passing the ball sideways"

That pretty much sums up Hibs.

Sums up a lot of teams.

macca70
24-08-2015, 01:06 PM
I don't think Malonga has been fit for a while but he is having to play.

I still think he is one of our best players when fit but if he isn't he seems to struggle.

We definitely wouldn't be playing him if he was injured,

He looks injured every game he's played since he joined; cumbersome, lethargic, slow

Scored a few goals but when he's not then the fans only see this negative side of him.

He came on yesterday, got the ball in a fantastic position on the right as we were attacking and tried a 10 yard pass that went straight to a Rangers player!!

I know we don't have many options upfront just now but with a fully fit compliment of strikers, Mr Malonga will be bottom of the list for getting a place in the team.

Iain G
24-08-2015, 01:19 PM
We played well enough in terms of passing and possession, but Stubbs has signed too many players that can pass the ball about well enough in midfield but have no cutting edge. I really can't believe after the way we struggled to convert chances at times last season that we have signed another load of midfielders who barely look capable of kicking the ball into an open goal.

We definitely need to sign a fast, hard working striker who can knock in 20 goals a season. That shouldn't be so hard considering the level we are playing at. I don't know what type of player Keatings is but, if him and El Algui are going to be out for much longer then that has to be a necessity. Malonga should get booted asap - the odd goal doesn't make up for his all round contribution or attitude. We also need a couple of player to add competition in defence. Even goalkeeping is a problem, but it looks like we are stuck with Oxley for the moment thanks to Stubbs taking the easy option rather than looking further afield.

Cant agree with some of this assessment. Yesterday other than that free kick I thought we were strong in defence and Oxley played well. We have added three midfielders who will score goals and Carmichael who will score goals and Boyle who will get into positions and score. We have added a proven goalscorer in Keatings who will take some of the good clear chances we created yesterday.

We need defensive cover as a few injuries like we have now leaves us down to the bare bones but think the squad has certainly improved since last season.

Franck Stanton
24-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Had we a player of Griffiths ability [I know I know], in the team today, say, instead of Carmichael and the rest of the players played exactly as they did, then we would have won the game by a clear two goals. Just need a bit of quality in the striking department

Iain G
24-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Had we a player of Griffiths ability [I know I know], in the team today, say, instead of Carmichael and the rest of the players played exactly as they did, then we would have won the game by a clear two goals. Just need a bit of quality in the striking department

Surely instead of Jason as Carmicahael didnt have any chances ;-)

ben johnson
24-08-2015, 02:12 PM
We never seem to make it happen when its really needed. We will win many a game this season and win some very easily. If it goes well all is fine but we dont make it happen when its not going our way. Hoping AS would have changed this but after Dumbarton i was absolutely gutted and just cant believe we never took our chances yesterday.