PDA

View Full Version : Onto the next game

sauzeelegod
23-08-2015, 01:37 PM
terrible decision from the ref for the free kick. Great strike from the lad though. We missed some great chances and should have got something from the game. We can't keep missing these kind of chances though if we want to get up this year. I'm getting bored of saying we were unlucky and we need to click into gear now if we have any chance of success this year. We need to all stick together and back the team. We're surely gonna give someone a hammering soon. Onto the next game we go. GGTTH

GreenCastle
23-08-2015, 01:43 PM
No time to dwell - need to move on.

Playing catch up - but vital win games against other teams so we have a chance when we play them twice at ER.

fatbloke
23-08-2015, 01:45 PM
terrible decision from the ref for the free kick. Great strike from the lad though. We missed some great chances and should have got something from the game. We can't keep missing these kind of chances though if we want to get up this year. I'm getting bored of saying we were unlucky and we need to click into gear now if we have any chance of success this year. We need to all stick together and back the team. We're surely gonna give someone a hammering soon. Onto the next game we go. GGTTH

:agree:

DH1875
23-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Showed plenty today to say we can beat them. Beat the rest and we still have a chance.

overdrive
23-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Showed plenty today to say we can beat them. Beat the rest and we still have a chance.

Beating the rest is what I'm worried about. We struggle against teams who flood the midfield.

Wheat Hound
23-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Definite positives to take from today. I think our team will just get stronger and with Keatings and el Alagui back, if we can ensure we remain at worst 6 points behind sevco before we play them at ER on 1st November, I reckon we will beat them and mount a proper title challenge. They are certainly no great shakes and definitely suspect in defence. They will struggle away v Falkirk, QOTS, St Mirren and Raith in my opinion

fulshie
23-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Totally agree.

bill the hibby
23-08-2015, 05:40 PM
3 points are a must. An absolute must

California-Hibs
23-08-2015, 06:04 PM
3 points are a must. An absolute must

Next games vrs Stranrar at home on Wednesday In the league cup.

Spike Mandela
23-08-2015, 06:08 PM
If we aren't there or thereabouts at the business end of the season it won't be because of 1-0 defeats at Ibrox it would be silly points lost at ER.

Time to build on today and go on a run of wins now.

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Plenty of positives to be taken from Today, we must start scoring goals though.....

PISTOL1875
23-08-2015, 07:56 PM
yeh we need to start scoring goals but we all know how Stranraer are gonna play on Wednesday night don't we ???

emerald green
23-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Definite positives to take from today. I think our team will just get stronger and with Keatings and el Alagui back, if we can ensure we remain at worst 6 points behind sevco before we play them at ER on 1st November, I reckon we will beat them and mount a proper title challenge. They are certainly no great shakes and definitely suspect in defence. They will struggle away v Falkirk, QOTS, St Mirren and Raith in my opinion

You're entitled to your opinion, but why do you think The Rangers will "struggle" against these teams? What are you basing this on? I know it's early days but I don't see much sign of them struggling at the top of the league at the moment. If that was Hibs, this forum would be ecstatic!

If The Rangers might struggle against these teams away from Ibrox, might not the same apply to Hibs too?

Wheat Hound
23-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I think they got lucky v St Mirren with Thompson missing a penalty to make it 2-2 and they got lucky today only scoring from a wrongly awarded free kick. Otherwise they have only convincingly beaten Alloa. Granted tje bottom line is they won all these games and that's what ultimately counts, but there are signs that defensively they are suspect and they won't get lucky every week. Nullify their full backs like we did today and they carry little threat.

I certainly don't think they are anything to be feared and doubt they eill romp games like Hertz last season. I'm confident our team will improve now we have a host of new signings in with hopefully Farid, Keatings and Forster to return soon.

I think there are reasons to be cheerful and I feel positive about Hibs for the first time in a while :)

emerald green
23-08-2015, 08:42 PM
I think they got lucky v St Mirren with Thompson missing a penalty to make it 2-2 and they got lucky today only scoring from a wrongly awarded free kick. Otherwise they have only convincingly beaten Alloa. Granted tje bottom line is they won all these games and that's what ultimately counts, but there are signs that defensively they are suspect and they won't get lucky every week. Nullify their full backs like we did today and they carry little threat.

I certainly don't think they are anything to be feared and doubt they eill romp games like Hertz last season. I'm confident our team will improve now we have a host of new signings in with hopefully Farid, Keatings and Forster to return soon.

I think there are reasons to be cheerful and I feel positive about Hibs for the first time in a while :)

Firstly I detest The Rangers, but these are the facts, whether they are "lucky" or not.

They are unbeaten since Warburton took over. They are top of the league (a not very good one I admit) having won 3/3. Goals for 9 against 2.

If they were lucky again today against Hibs the match stats tend to disprove that. Possession 60/40; Shots 13/7; Corners 10/1.

As far as romping games like Hertz last season is concerned, they have already beaten Alloa 1-5 (hardly Bayern Munich, but you can only beat the team in front of you) and Hibs 2-6 (albeit not a league match thankfully) I'm not sure I agree they carry little threat TBH.

I'm glad you feel there are reasons to be cheerful and that you feel positive about Hibs for the first time in a while. I hope you are correct.

Lago
23-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Firstly I detest The Rangers, but these are the facts, whether they are "lucky" or not.

They are unbeaten since Warburton took over. They are top of the league (a not very good one I admit) having won 3/3. Goals for 9 against 2.

If they were lucky again today against Hibs the match stats tend to disprove that. Possession 60/40; Shots 13/7; Corners 10/1.

As far as romping games like Hertz last season is concerned, they have already beaten Alloa 1-5 (hardly Bayern Munich, but you can only beat the team in front of you) and Hibs 2-6 (albeit not a league match thankfully) I'm not sure I agree they carry little threat TBH.

I'm glad you feel there are reasons to be cheerful and that you feel positive about Hibs for the first time in a while. I hope you are correct.
Nice assessment, rangers have moved on since last season, they have the 2 best full backs in the league, hibs on the other hand have not progressed as they should, Stubbs has had a season, Warburton weeks. Hibs need to start winning games and winning and winning well, not 1 nils.

emerald green
23-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Nice assessment, rangers have moved on since last season, they have the 2 best full backs in the league, hibs on the other hand have not progressed as they should, Stubbs has had a season, Warburton weeks. Hibs need to start winning games and winning and winning well, not 1 nils.

Cheers Lago. I'm genuinely not trying to be deliberately "negative" here. I'm just trying to be realistic.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with anyone being optimistic. That's their choice. Maybe Hibs will come good, but how long have we been waiting for that to happen now?

JimBHibees
23-08-2015, 09:16 PM

How good would we be if we had two full backs with that positivity in an attacking sense.

Lago
23-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Cheers Lago. I'm genuinely not trying to be deliberately "negative" here. I'm just trying to be realistic.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with anyone being optimistic. That's their choice. Maybe Hibs will come good, but how long have we been waiting for that to happen now?
Unrealistic optimisim does no one any good, but positive criticism should be welcomed by all as it can and should lead to improvement.

emerald green
23-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Unrealistic optimisim does no one any good, but positive criticism should be welcomed by all as it can and should lead to improvement.

:agree:

Lago
23-08-2015, 09:30 PM
How good would we be if we had two full backs with that positivity in an attacking sense.
Agree, the boy Tavenier (spelling?) they got from Wigan looks a real find, in fact when Stubbs came to hibs from Everton I fully expected him to target players like that.

bill the hibby
23-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Next games vrs Stranrar at home on Wednesday In the league cup.

Next league game...I knew that...haha.

silverhibee
24-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Plenty of positives to be taken from Today, we must start scoring goals though.....

No doubt about it, goals and winning games breed confidence throughout the team, need to put a run of games together to breed that confidence though.

Does our team/players lack passion playing for Hibs. :dunno: Something is still not right at our club.

silverhibee
24-08-2015, 02:18 AM
yeh we need to start scoring goals but we all know how Stranraer are gonna play on Wednesday night don't we ???

Pish hopefully.