23-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Coming back to haunt us?
Was Dylan really the best option at RB?
Why have Dunsmore on the bench?

Badge
23-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Coming back to haunt us?
Was Dylan really the best option at RB?
Why have Dunsmore on the bench? Dunsmore should have got on and then mcgeouch for carmichael

Willis1875
23-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Boyle,played there as part of the 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation last season and done well.

TheCabbage
23-08-2015, 01:41 PM
So who is the other CH in a back 3 or 5 with Forster injured?

Willis1875
23-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Eh?

cabbage_88
23-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Exactly my thoughts, stubbs must not rate him in the slightest if he's bringing a centre midfielder on to play right back when there's a natural one on the bench. Not saying Dylan had a bad game but just seemed strange

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

StevieBoyKdy
23-08-2015, 02:32 PM
If Stubbs don't believe dunsmore is ready. Imo it's a waste of a sub. He should have came on and allowed Dylan up the park.

stevie-bee
23-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Do you not have to have so many u20 on the bench part of the rules,

Boyle89
23-08-2015, 03:41 PM
I thought it was the right call tbh. Not seen dunsmore but Dylan is athletic and strong in the tackle. Can see why he brought him on.

Leith Green
23-08-2015, 03:46 PM
To have had 3 months to prepare for the season and to not have adequate cover in the ssuad is a disgrace. Another thing we have not learned from last season. We just seem poorly prepared for the season ahead yet again

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2015, 03:53 PM
To have had 3 months to prepare for the season and to not have adequate cover in the ssuad is a disgrace. Another thing we have not learned from last season. We just seem poorly prepared for the season ahead yet again

Christ ur on every thread having a right moan today ah.. glass half empty right enough away n cheer up!!

PISTOL1875
23-08-2015, 04:01 PM

Mate you are bang on the money regardless of what others say... The squad is top heavy with midfielders and not enough cover at the back...

Lago
23-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Spot on, it just needs Hanlon or an other to get injured and we are in real trouble, Stubbs has had a season under his belt but we seem to be where we were when he came in last year, oh and we are already playing catch up just like last season, and not with only rangers.

Leith Green
23-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Christ ur on every thread having a right moan today ah.. glass half empty right enough away n cheer up!!

Listen im giving an honest opinion on the thread topic. Why does it always seem to be that if your opinion isnt positive then there are quite a lot of posters who will start having a go at you for it?? Im entitled to my opinion , just like you are.. I dont believe on being negative or positive only in being a realist and honest .. So for what its worth when will you wake up and smell the coffee?

And btw i have only posted on 3 threads..

emerald green
23-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Anything on Gray's latest injury?

Lago
23-08-2015, 04:30 PM
:top marks
Listen im giving an honest opinion on the thread topic. Why does it always seem to be that if your opinion isnt positive then there are quite a lot of posters who will start having a go at you for it?? Im entitled to my opinion , just like you are.. I dont believe on being negative or positive only in being a realist and honest .. So for what its worth when will you wake up and smell the coffee?

Smartie
23-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Spot on, it just needs Hanlon or an other to get injured and we are in real trouble, Stubbs has had a season under his belt but we seem to be where we were when he came in last year, oh and we are already playing catch up just like last season, and not with only rangers.

Out of interest, what would happen if Hanlon or Fontaine got injured?

Do we have any CH's in the under 20s who would be anywhere near being able to step up? I don't remember hearing of anyone.

Would we just shuffle Bartley back there?

Last season we could probably have got away with playing Liam Craig there in an emergency.

Pretty sorry state of affairs imo.

Real Emerald
23-08-2015, 04:40 PM

You're spot on mate but unless you put up with mediocrity and another season in the second league then you are glass half empty. Lets praise our 2nd defeat out of the first 3 games in the championship right enough.

Lee Marvin
23-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Utterly embarrassing to have only 5 defenders (5!!) in the whole squad (dunsmore doesnt count for obvious reasons). A joke really.

Besides that and our ruthlessness, I was happy with the performance today.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2015, 05:02 PM
We really need to sign at least two defenders in the next week.

We can't go all the way to January with just five first team defenders in the squad.

B.H.F.C
23-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Certainly find it a bit baffling that a defender hasn't been signed yet. Stubbs highlighted at the end of last season that we needed to strengthen that area, yet a week before the window closes we are actually weaker in that area than last year.

overdrive
23-08-2015, 05:03 PM

We can't go all the way to January with just five first team defenders in the squad.

Especially if Stubbs doesn't trust the young players to fill in as he clearly doesn't given the bizarre change he made today.

hibees 7062
23-08-2015, 05:05 PM

Exactly right :agree:

hfc rd
23-08-2015, 05:06 PM

This. Pretty much threadbare at the back. Needs addressing urgently.

Leith Green
23-08-2015, 05:08 PM
You're spot on mate but unless you put up with mediocrity and another season in the second league then you are glass half empty. Lets praise our 2nd defeat out of the first 3 games in the championship right enough.

To keep it relevant to the squad debate, here is how i see it. Stubbs has had all of last season to see how his team and players performed and to see how his tactics and the way he sets us up worked. He had had the transfer window and pre-season to change the squad as he saw fit, and for me where we are at is simply not good enough. Look at us up front for instance, he has signed 3 of the 4 strikers we have and he still wants to sign another apparently. Look at the lack of width and pace out wide, we have boyle who has pace and can play wide and thats it, how comes stubbs doesnt see that and solve it? Carmichael looks too slow to play wide ,like really slow( wonder if he would be better centrally) but end of the day we have another season without any real width.. At the back is a joke, we have no proper cover at full back or centre half because of one injury to foster, to have to play a midfielder at rb 3 games into the season is a joke... I think our squad is imbalanced and lacking key attributes which Stubbs has not fixed from last season.

Real Emerald
23-08-2015, 05:19 PM
To keep it relevant to the squad debate, here is how i see it. Stubbs has had all of last season to see how his team and players performed and to see how his tactics and the way he sets us up worked. He had had the transfer window and pre-season to change the squad as he saw fit, and for me where we are at is simply not good enough. Look at us up front for instance, he has signed 3 of the 4 strikers we have and he still wants to sign another apparently. Look at the lack of width and pace out wide, we have boyle who has pace and can play wide and thats it, how comes stubbs doesnt see that and solve it? Carmichael looks too slow to play wide ,like really slow( wonder if he would be better centrally) but end of the day we have another season without any real width.. At the back is a joke, we have no proper cover at full back or centre half because of one injury to foster, to have to play a midfielder at rb 3 games into the season is a joke... I think our squad is imbalanced and lacking key attributes which Stubbs has not fixed from last season.

I totally agree, it's obvious we need more defensive cover but we have no penetration up front, no one who can take a free kick and no goal scoring midfield players. You can't win championships with that amount of problems. Maybe play some neat football along the way but its goal and wins we need. At present we seem to have gone back the way from last season. We need these problems addressed fast.

J-C
23-08-2015, 05:20 PM
I think Stubbs put all his eggs in one basket with Watson but as we know he also has injury problems, it looks like Stubbs and co have made a right pigs ear of this window re defensive cover, I also think we have too many midfielders now.

Keith_M
23-08-2015, 05:39 PM

Dunno why anyone is slating you for this as it's a very fair appraisal.

Onceinawhile
23-08-2015, 05:44 PM

It's not quite that bad imo. At the moment we do have adequate cover (admittedly as there's been no injuries) there's also time left in the transfer window and there has been mention on here of defenders being spoken to. I'd rather we got the right player than rushed to get a player in just for numbers.

Absolutely baffled at Stubbs putting mcgeouch on for gray though. Why bother having Dunsmore on the bench at all? If Gray is out next week who plays right back?

Leith Green
23-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Dunno why anyone is slating you for this as it's a very fair appraisal.

Because for some reason there are certain people who jump on someones view being different to theirs unfortunately thats normally if it goes against the team/club ... If everything was/is rosy then id be on here giving praise for that . But it's not rosy unfortunately and hasnt been for about 7 years. Stubbs can only answer for the last 13 months and in that time i feel he has either not identified major flaws in the team and squad, or he has identified them but hasnt done nearly enough to rectify it..

At the end of the day im severley pissed off at stubbs for that, but i still get my season ticket and pay my hsl payments every month. Instead of being rounded on, people should remember that i least i still pay my money and back the club and team regardless, like lots of others who arent pleased. Just let me have my opinion on a supporters forum though eh especially as thats what a forum is all about..

Bobo
23-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Very little change from last season IMO.

We're still weak at the back and lack adequate depth/cover, the fact this hasn't been addressed as priority is a scandal. We've also retained a keeper who is a liability and who will cost more points than he saves.

Our final ball is still shocking along with our finishing, the conversion rate is pathetic! We're still way too slow in everything we do and lack the drive and determination needed to knock teams over so we're always going to struggle.

The season has barely started and we find ourselves playing catch up again with a squad laden with crocks, and our challenge is almost over before it started, it's a joke!

Our lack of ambition never ceases to amaze but never mind we could still finish 2nd in this p!sh poor league and might still make the playoffs :rolleyes:

Leith Green
23-08-2015, 06:03 PM
It's not quite that bad imo. At the moment we do have adequate cover (admittedly as there's been no injuries) there's also time left in the transfer window and there has been mention on here of defenders being spoken to. I'd rather we got the right player than rushed to get a player in just for numbers.

Absolutely baffled at Stubbs putting mcgeouch on for gray though. Why bother having Dunsmore on the bench at all? If Gray is out next week who plays right back?

A major part of the problem though has been the number of injured players we had 4-5 weeks ago who we knew werent gonna be Match fit for the start of the season, why didnt we bring in cover then instead of going gung ho with centre mids? We have poor options out wide and at the back but have instead signed 5 central midfielders before addressing any of the others..

thebakerboy
23-08-2015, 07:01 PM
We just have to hope that we have some defenders lined up and are just waiting to see who can be released from other clubs as they settle their squads for the season. Stubbs has said in the past that this is often the case and we may have to wait for transfer deadline day , not for panic buys but players we have targeted being released. In Stubbs we must have faith.

Tyler Durden
23-08-2015, 07:30 PM
I totally agree, it's obvious we need more defensive cover but we have no penetration up front, no one who can take a free kick and no goal scoring midfield players. You can't win championships with that amount of problems. Maybe play some neat football along the way but its goal and wins we need. At present we seem to have gone back the way from last season. We need these problems addressed fast.

We have no goal scoring midfielders? Because Henderson missed chances today he's not going to score the rest of the season? McGeouch, Henderson, McGinn will all get goals.

Free kicks were disappointing today (with exception of McGinns ball to Fontaine) but it's 1 game.