PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Free Kick or Dodgy Keeper

Torto7062
23-08-2015, 01:06 PM
At work so not saw it.. Rangers MW radio (810mw) reckon Oxley poor at goal but say free kick awarded was maybe harsh...

Thought's

O'Rourke3
23-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Not harsh just wrong. Typical

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Leith Green
23-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Both surely!

Liams
23-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Dont think ox was at fault, ball to hand for freekick but from what it looks on the telly it was just a very good freekick.. Ox made some good saves and catches but looks a wee bit shakey at times.

just my veiw on it.

matty_f
23-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Never a free kick in a million years.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Can't keep relying on decisions.
I wonder when we will stop bleeting and actually take the chances we had, every other team seems to take chances.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Good free kick. We're fortunate Oxleys playing today - 2 really good saves.

Cheshire Hibby
23-08-2015, 01:13 PM
No free kick in my opinion.

Nando™
23-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Wow, deleting my post, one which was 100% accurate. No wonder the admins on here are consistently slagged to bits elsewhere.

AJWisme
23-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Both in my view.

lucky
23-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Never a free kick but poor positioning from Oxley.

fatbloke
23-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Didnae look like afree kick to me, not with my green tinted specs anyway.

Iain G
23-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Soft free kick award, helluva finish,Oxley maybe should have spotted it a fraction sooner but wouldn't have got anywhere near it. He made some other good stops today and kept us in the game.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Utter joke of a decision, wasn't even hand ball [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] Great free kick, can't decide if Oxley should have done better or not. Possibly

delthehibee
23-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Never beat 12 men never free kick hit side of his body with arm behind.

SouthMoroccoStu
Never a free kick in a million years.

This

Not much Ox could do about it. Just perfectly hit

His 'effort' late in the game showed what could also happen

Jammy little twit helped by a poor refereeing decision

Get used to it. We'll get nothing from the gfa representatives this season

sauzeelegod
Absolutely shocking decision from the ref. never a free kick in a million years. Great strike though and think it's a tad harsh to blame the ox.

oldbutdim
23-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Never a free kick, but the shot was unstoppable.
No blame on Ox today.

Hiber-nation
23-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Absolutely shocking decision from the ref. never a free kick in a million years. Great strike though and think it's a tad harsh to blame the ox.

Spot on. You'll never see a decision as bad as that all season. Nothing oxley could do about it.

Moulin Yarns
The free kick was given for handball. There was no contact between hand and ball. The resulting shot was hard and fast and just under the bar. Good goal but frustrating considering other saves the Ox made

Alex Trager
Poor poor decision.

Great FK.

Should have scored twice prior.
Poor poor attempts from Henderson who up until then had played well

Bostonhibby
Very helpful refereeing, he did his bit for the cause and probably will do again. We simply need to take the chances we make.

DH1875
23-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Never a free kick and don't think you can blame Ox to much.

R'Albin
23-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Never free lock never should have gone in terrible keeping

Canon Hannan
23-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Poor decision by the ref or it would have been 0-0.

sleeping giant
Wasn't a free kick but Oxley should have saved it.
I'm just not seeing the unstoppable free kick that some posters are claiming.

lord bunberry
Can't keep relying on decisions.
I wonder when we will stop bleeting and actually take the chances we had, every other team seems to take chances.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
Rangers didn't take any of their chances either, they needed a dodgy free kick to score. We should've had a draw today but the dodgy decision cost us. That's not bleating its stating the facts.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Never beat 12 men never free kick hit side of his body with arm behind.

Theres nae doubt it hit his arm. Oxley made a great save at 0-0 but doesnae seem to be able to spring towards high shots at goal.

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Thought it was an excellent free kick and if one of ours had done it we would be salivating. Never a free kick though. Ox had a very good game I thought. Had Henderson scored the first time the ball would never have been up there for the ref to make that decision. Very poor by Henderson.

ekhibee
23-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Yep, that's how I saw it. Oxley's positioning was questionable. It was a really good hit by Tavernier, but IMO it could have been stopped.

SetonClapper
23-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Not a foul, but no way was Oxley to blame. If he covers the postage stamp any glancing header would go in. Sometimes you just have to say "good goal"

GreenCastle
23-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Never a deliberate handball - home crowd decision.

NorthNorfolkHFC
Rangers didn't take any of their chances either, they needed a dodgy free kick to score. We should've had a draw today but the dodgy decision cost us. That's not bleating its stating the facts.

I don't care what they do. I refer to teams like hearts.

Capable of taking their chances.

Jason had two great chances in first half and never took them. Then the sea parted and we had a two on one where it was easier not to score. We made an erse of it.

Just saying it annoys me that we blame referees when we could have been three up.

For the record I don't think Rangers had many good chances to miss up until goal.

R'Albin
This

Not much Ox could do about it. Just perfectly hit

His 'effort' late in the game showed what could also happen

Jammy little twit helped by a poor refereeing decision

Get used to it. We'll get nothing from the gfa representatives this season

I migh be being harsh, but he could have taken a couple of steps back and tipped it over surely

Crammond Hibee
23-08-2015, 01:39 PM

I agree.
How many times does he lose the ball over his head
Weak .

Scottie
23-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Disgusting decision. End of chat.

Mark79
Never a free kick for me.

Cracking free kick though.

Andy74
I migh be being harsh, but he could have taken a couple of steps back and tipped it over surely

We've got the benefit of knowing exactly where the ball ended up. There's no danger it's a goalkeeping error.

Arch Stanton
Where are the goalies that always stay on their line when you need them!

Not a free kick and not Oxley's fault.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Not a free kick.

truehibernian
Positioning in 6-2 game, Dumbarton game and today identical - that wasn't a 'worldie', that was a free kick hit at a decent pace which could and should be saved -he has no spring at all - he saved well from Holt, that's his job however.

The reaction from Fontaine said it all for me.

DH1875
23-08-2015, 01:43 PM
If Henderson scores, there's no free kick. Never a hand ball though.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Keeper has to do better. That was certainly the consensus at the game and having seen a replay still my opinion. The reaction of a couple of players suggest they weren't too impressed by the keeper either.

Dived past the ball which was at a decent height for him and went in only about half way up the goal.

Never a free kick but it waa given and you deal with it.

bigwheel
23-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Absolutely Oxley's fault....not a free kick, but after that decision - if Oxley moves his feet a yard to the left , he is tipping it over the bar...he actually had the best game (outside of this error) i've seen him for months, but his lack of positioning and concentration at the free kick cost us the goal.

Tom Hart RIP
23-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Even Neil McCann said it was never a free kick

3pm
23-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Keeper has to do better. That was certainly the consensus at the game and having seen a replay still my opinion. The reaction of a couple of players suggest they weren't too impressed by the keeper either.

Dived past the ball which was at a decent height for him and went in only about half way up the goal.

It hit the bar and went in.

Andy74
23-08-2015, 01:51 PM

How can a ball that was above the height of the goal before dipping right at the bar be classed as a decent height for the keeper?

Pretty Boy
23-08-2015, 01:51 PM
It hit the bar and went in.

Sorry my wording is pish there, when it went past Oxley it was only half way up the goal.

For some reason he's swung his 'wrong' hand at it rather than diving with his left that was closer to the ball.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2015, 01:52 PM

You're too far away in that wee corner to see it clearly.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2015, 01:54 PM
How can a ball that was above the height of the goal before dipping right at the bar be classed as a decent height for the keeper?

Becausw Oxley was about 3 yards of his line annit was still rising when it past him.

I played in goals at a decent level but still way below Oxley and I'd be taking a look at myself if I let one like that past me and really got nowhere near it.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Becausw Oxley was about 3 yards of his line annit was still rising when it past him.

I played in goals at a decent level but still way below Oxley and I'd be taking a look at myself if I let one like that past me and really got nowhere near it.

He wasn't 3 yards off his line.

Thecat23
23-08-2015, 01:56 PM
I'd like to say well done for keeping us in the game at 0-0. I'd also like to say Jason Cummings and Liam Henderson need a good look at their finishing because Oxley gets blamed for basics then so should they!

stantonhibby
23-08-2015, 01:58 PM
He wasn't 3 yards off his line.

Indeed.....loads of folk have made their mind up about Oxley and their default position is based on that. Plus we lost so we have to blame someone.

sleeping giant
I'd like to say well done for keeping us in the game at 0-0. I'd also like to say Jason Cummings and Liam Henderson need a good look at their finishing because Oxley gets blamed for basics then so should they!

His save low to his left was brilliant . Great save .

Andy74

It was dipping, not rising. Were you watching the replay upside down?

ozwoody
Was never deliberate hand ball as arm must be away from the body to deem it a foul.in saying that,very good strike,hit underside of bar before going in.could oxley have taken step back and tipped it over bar? I doubt it after watching it a couple of times,it was travelling at speed and was,as much as it pains me to say it,a bloody good free kick.if it was cummings doing it for us ,we would be raving about it

sleeping giant
23-08-2015, 01:59 PM
It was dipping, not rising. Were you watching the replay upside down?

:greengrin:

Mr Grieves
23-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Agree.

Generally we've defended well today (Hanlon was superb!) but not scoring, despite having so many clear cut chances, is not good enough.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Actually looking at it again, I'm wrong.

Better free kick than I initially thought and whilstbhe could maybe take a step and get a hand the pace on the ball maybe stops him doing that in case someone.gets a touch.

Bostonhibby
23-08-2015, 02:03 PM

Was never a free kick but we were playing the rangers and the ref knew he is expected to do something. Oxley might positioned himself slightly better - would he have got it? I honestly don't know.

The rangers we struggling to make chances, they were getting the benefit of a few offsides but frankly its about taking our chances - there were 3 clear cut ones. Goals win games. We should have been better prepared than we are at the moment but the rangers are nothing special -they are already in the driving seat for the league though. A good start is vital as their fellow thieves proved last year.

Thecat23
23-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Actually looking at it again, I'm wrong.

Better free kick than I initially thought and whilstbhe could maybe take a step and get a hand the pace on the ball maybe stops him doing that in case someone.gets a touch.

100% wrong, he's not to blame PB. It's went in at some speed while hitting underside of the bar. I'm honestly amazed folk are blaming him. You know my thoughts on Oxley but folk are having a go for the sake of it now!!

3pm
23-08-2015, 02:07 PM
100% wrong, he's not to blame PB. It's went in at some speed while hitting underside of the bar. I'm honestly amazed folk are blaming him. You know my thoughts on Oxley but folk are having a go for the sake of it now!!

Cos of folk like you!!! :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
23-08-2015, 02:10 PM

Agreed

He did it to hoof it into the crowd so the Rangers fan(nies) could throw it about for a bit

And still the ref called the game 30 seconds early - shades of the second play off game last season

It's a minimum of 4 minutes

But that's a debate for another thread 😉

HNA7
23-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Wow, deleting my post, one which was 100% accurate. No wonder the admins on here are consistently slagged to bits elsewhere.

When you choose to slag the admins elsewhere, which I'm sure you will do, don't forget to say that you weren't "banned for nothing", you were banned for referring to the referee as a "*****".

That might be acceptable to you but it isn't acceptable to us.

Thecat23
23-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Cos of folk like you!!! :greengrin

😁

Gettin' Auld
23-08-2015, 02:24 PM
It was never a free kick and Oxley did make a couple of decent saves during the game, but he should never be beaten by a free kick from out there.

It's not the first time he's lost goals like that, where his positioning has been poor.

Take a step or two back for **** sake and knock it over the bar, don't be flat footed and try to leap from a standing position.

Smartie
23-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Disgraceful refereeing decision.

World-class free-kick.

Oxley had another good game today, great save from Holt and steady throughout.

A wee but heavy with his distribution once or twice.

We're miles wide of the mark if we're blaming Oxley for our defeat today.

BT58
23-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Never a free kick in first place. Oxley actually moved 2 paces to the right, if he hadnt who knows ???. The reason we lost was down to US not putting the ball in the Huns net. Sick and tired of being robbed by dodgy officials

ahibby
23-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Taking into consideration the distance the ball travels and therefore the time MO has to adjust his feet I conclude it's another one of his errors. Neutral reports are concluding the same. MO could touch the bar no problem so coming of the underside of the bar should be no excuse. Further the quality of the free kick wasn't as good as LGs at Tynecastle IMO.

mcfly
23-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Both- dodgy decision and very dodgy keeper.

Fills me with no confidence and looking at the keepers available in the summer we could have signed much better.

However wasn't his fault we missed great chances.....

Eyrie
23-08-2015, 02:42 PM
It wasn't a dodgy decision by the referee, it was a shocking decision by the referee. He also let Halliday away with a foul on two occasions for stopping a Hibs break, yet was quick to book McGinn for a similar offence. That said, the reasons we got nothing from today's game were Boyle's left foot and Henderson's "finishing".

Oxley played well and could do nothing about an excellently taken free kick.

coldingham hibs
23-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Oxley seems to have difficulty with balls over his head, must have some sort of blind spot. At his height he should be able to touch the bar without even jumping, should have been a straightforward tip over. Then again I'm no Pat Jennings 😁

Smartie
23-08-2015, 02:54 PM
The ball didn't just travel straight though. It went high and dipped wildly.

To save it he'd have to stand right in line with where it went - leaving himself massively exposed at the near post.

Ozturk's dipped wildly last year too. Oxley can't just stand on one spot on his line hoping that when someone hit's a world class dipping shot that he's in the right place. He has to cover various eventualities.

If it turns out that someone hits a dipping shot, with power that clips the bar on it's way in then sometimes you've just got to shrug your shoulders and acknowledge that it is a great strike.

It's what happened at the other end that cost us today.

Andy74
23-08-2015, 02:59 PM
The ball didn't just travel straight though. It went high and dipped wildly.

To save it he'd have to stand right in line with where it went - leaving himself massively exposed at the near post.

Ozturk's dipped wildly last year too. Oxley can't just stand on one spot on his line hoping that when someone hit's a world class dipping shot that he's in the right place. He has to cover various eventualities.

If it turns out that someone hits a dipping shot, with power that clips the bar on it's way in then sometimes you've just got to shrug your shoulders and acknowledge that it is a great strike.

It's what happened at the other end that cost us today.

Agree with all that. You can't just judge knowing where the ball ended up. To the point it's hit he has to cover everything. If he'd stood further over and further back he'd be getting grief now for losing one at the front post.

fulshie
23-08-2015, 03:04 PM
We need to take our chances in any game but, esp when playing main league rivals. I know they had chances too but, that is to be expected when their at home. I don,t think they any better than us so from that point of view I'll keep my chin up and believe we can still challenge for the title.

We do need to start scoring more though.

GreenLake
23-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Free kick was pure class by Tavernier. Hopefully he will be bought by Celtic in January.

PISTOL1875
23-08-2015, 04:05 PM
yeh we can all moan about the awarding of the free kick but ONCE AGAIN we fail to convert chances.. The awarding of the free kick was poor but you can't blame the ref because we cannot convert chances...

Sammy7nil
23-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Soft free kick but we would have been shouting for a free kick.

It was not an easy save and i am not jumping up down blaming Ox however it is save a lot of keepers would make he did not. Unfortunately for us that is recurring trend for him. Other than that he played well with one great save.

Northernhibee
23-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, your scapegoat for the season ahead is Mark Oxley :rolleyes:

He had a good game today and was beaten by a fantastic free kick only.

Lago
23-08-2015, 04:29 PM
At work so not saw it.. Rangers MW radio (810mw) reckon Oxley poor at goal but say free kick awarded was maybe harsh...

Thought's
Both

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Superb free kick, Oxley not at fault, I can never understand why so many folk always have to find fault with the keeper rather than just acknowledging the goal for what it was......top class unfortunately.

hfc rd
23-08-2015, 05:03 PM
It was a very good free kick that should never have been. I wouldn't blame Oxley for that. Yeah he could have taken a few steps back but I don't think him nor anyone else was expecting Tavernier to have a ping from there. It definitely took me by surprise. But Oxley played well. It's the players in the final third that need to have a look at themselves for their poor finishing that pretty much cost us from getting anything from the game.

Unseen work
23-08-2015, 05:12 PM
It was a brilliant free kick, he is not to blame.

I think sometimes as fans we are guilty of always looking for someone to blame and not just accepting it was a good goal.

If one of our players scored that we would be saying how amazing it was and that the goalkeeper had no chance

bigwheel
23-08-2015, 05:21 PM
It was a brilliant free kick, he is not to blame.

I think sometimes as fans we are guilty of always looking for someone to blame and not just accepting it was a good goal.

If one of our players scored that we would be saying how amazing it was and that the goalkeeper had no chance

it was a great hit, but if you think the Oxley won't realise he was at fault you are mistaken. There is no way he or his team mates will think he should have been beaten with that strike....The main weakness was that he was not ready for a shot, he was expecting a cross. Yet, if he was set and takes two steps to the left, he tips it over the bar..other than this error, I actually thought he had his best games in many weeks.

Gatecrasher
23-08-2015, 05:25 PM
No free kick
Nothing the keeper could do.

Billy
23-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Sir David Gray
23-08-2015, 05:30 PM
The free kick decision was a joke, I could tell that all the way from the other end of the pitch. From where I was sitting, I don't think there was anything Oxley could have done to stop the free kick.

J-C
23-08-2015, 05:31 PM
My take on it.

Firstly never a free kick.

Secondly Oxley was expecting a cross and set himself up for that, ridiculous considering Tavernier has been banging them in so far this season from free kicks.

Thirdly a very good free kick but not unstoppable, position himself properly and he gets a hand to it.

grunt
23-08-2015, 05:32 PM
15333That looks like a free kick?

J-C
23-08-2015, 05:33 PM
That looks like a free kick?

But his hand is by his side, so therefore it's accidental and no free kick, ball plays man.

liamh2202
23-08-2015, 05:35 PM
That looks like a free kick?

No way did he mean to handle it.. Position of hand and any other rule dreamt up by Alan shearer and co doesn't come in to it. No way was it intentional

portyhibernian
23-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Wasn't a free kick IMO, and it was well struck. Oxley might have done better but give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. It is a bit concerning how often shots seem to go over him though.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-08-2015, 05:40 PM
That looks like a free kick?No it doesn't - the Kenny Miller freakshow blasted the ball straight at him with a *****y cross/shot whatever the **** it was.

Terrible decision by the ref who had a good game in the 1st half and lost the plot in the 2nd.

O'Rourke3
23-08-2015, 05:44 PM

That's a still which makes it look like the ball is striking the hand. It isn't. The ball still has a bit to go and Dylan's hand is moving backwards. Ball does not strike the hand. Crowd shout and ref gives. Twas ever thus in Glasgow. Ref cannot have see that.

emerald green
23-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Reading through posts on this forum it's like 50% of posters blame Oxley for the goal (leaving aside whether it was a free kick in the first place, but nobody should be in the least bit surprised it was given, soft or otherwise. Was it really deliberate hand ball?) and the other 50% say he had no chance because the free kick was so good.

The thing I find disappointing is that the goalkeeper has now been beaten twice from free kicks by the same player in the space of a few weeks. It must surely have crossed Oxley's mind that Tavernier would go for a shot at goal again, and anticipate accordingly. Surely?

He was also beaten direct from a free kick at Dumbarton. That's three times already this season. I would bet that's not happened to many other clubs this season (if any). Were they all unsaveable? Or is there something wrong with the defensive wall too?

B.H.F.C
23-08-2015, 05:51 PM
I don't think Oxley should be getting beat from that kind of angle. No way.

But I don't solely bame him for losing. Our finishing was shocking yet again.

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Shocking decision to give free kick. Oxley has lost too many similar goals. Had a couple of good saves Today and a scary moment in first half with back pass.

We need to start scoring goals.....:rolleyes:

PatHead
23-08-2015, 06:52 PM
No it doesn't - the Kenny Miller freakshow blasted the ball straight at him with a *****y cross/shot whatever the **** it was.

Terrible decision by the ref who had a good game in the 1st half and lost the plot in the 2nd.

Can;t agree with that. He should have booked 2 or 3 The Rangers players in the first half but only booked our player. As for the linesman at our end........

Libby Hibby
23-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Accidental handball, is that not an indirect free kick?

Some hit by the lad to score but should it of been allowed?

Benny Brazil
23-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Shocking decision to give a free kick - I haven't seen a replay of it yet - but it didn't look like it even hit his arm - even if it did then is the ruling no that it has to be intentional handball?
From then on I have to say it was a great strike - it dipped and hit the bar then went in - I doubt many keepers would have save it so no blame on Oxley for me.

Torto7062
23-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Ffs I've just seen the phantom handball...for me it looks like it's hit his thigh......
Some strike though maybe a bit harsh on The Ox for letting it in but if that had been a Hibs player we woulda been bragging about that goal

One Day
23-08-2015, 07:25 PM
yeh we can all moan about the awarding of the free kick but ONCE AGAIN we fail to convert chances.. The awarding of the free kick was poor but you can't blame the ref because we cannot convert chances...

this. three glorious chances missed and that's why we got beat

Andy74
23-08-2015, 08:06 PM
That's a still which makes it look like the ball is striking the hand. It isn't. The ball still has a bit to go and Dylan's hand is moving backwards. Ball does not strike the hand. Crowd shout and ref gives. Twas ever thus in Glasgow. Ref cannot have see that.

The ball did hit his hand. It wasn't a free kick though.

tamig
23-08-2015, 08:18 PM
The ball did hit his hand. It wasn't a free kick though.

Don't understand why so many folk on here are insistent it wasn't handball - it clearly was. Never deliberate or a free kick though - as you say.

IWasThere2016
23-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Poor free .. poor keeper

Libby Hibby
23-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Can someone tell me why it was a classed as a direct free kick? Dylan stopped the cross with hand, deliberate or not a free kick can be given but surely an in direct one...hence, goal should not of stood imo

JimBHibees
23-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Can someone tell me why it was a classed as a direct free kick? Dylan stopped the cross with hand, deliberate or not a free kick can be given but surely an in direct one...hence, goal should not of stood imo

Handball is never indirect. Appalling decision. Not even sure it hit his hand seemed to strike his thigh.

Libby Hibby
23-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Handball is never indirect. Appalling decision. Not even sure it hit his hand seemed to strike his thigh.

It is if the keeper handles it outside the box...but I stand corrected on handball against a player and the restart is always a direct free kick or a penalty however, the stipulations to determine if it is deemed a
Hand ball or not clearly did not happen in the Dylan situation...shambles of a decision

The_Horde
23-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Teams have identified the weak point in our goalie. He can't save long range shots

leggeto
23-08-2015, 08:46 PM
His arm was by his side,never a foul in any other stadium in Scotland.
As for oxley it was a good strike and maybe he wasn't expecting the shot,I never expected it

JimBHibees
23-08-2015, 09:20 PM
It is if the keeper handles it outside the box..but I stand corrected on handball against a player and the restart is always a direct free kick or a penalty however, the stipulations to determine if it is deemed a
Hand ball or not clearly did not happen in the Dylan situation...shambles of a decision

Not true.

Sammy7nil
23-08-2015, 09:25 PM
His arm was by his side,never a foul in any other stadium in Scotland.
As for oxley it was a good strike and maybe he wasn't expecting the shot,I never expected it

Are you professional goal keeper? No! Then it is acceptable you did expect a shot Ox on the other hand :cb As said before am not blaming him but lots of keepers would have saved that. Up to that point he had a great game.

edwards
23-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Given the fact Oxley faced the same player in the 2-6 defeat at ER and he got a free kick in practically the same position I would have expected Oxley to be on his toes for this, time for a change in goals. Henderson's misses in front of goals atrocious.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Given the fact Oxley faced the same player in the 2-6 defeat at ER and he got a free kick in practically the same position I would have expected Oxley to be on his toes for this, time for a change in goals. Henderson's misses in front of goals atrocious.

Nowhere near being "in practically the same position" as the free kick in the 2-6 game

edwards
23-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Nowhere near being "in practically the same position" as the free kick in the 2-6 game

Mmmmm I did say practically .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17_D7UOyoQ

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Mmmmm I did say practically .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17_D7UOyoQ

No even close to being from the same position

CB_NO3
23-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Henderson's miss was as bad as Oxleys non save. Two terrible pieces of play within 2 minutes that cost us the match.

Smartie
23-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Henderson's miss was as bad as Oxleys non save. Two terrible pieces of play within 2 minutes that cost us the match.

A bit harsh.

You're spot on that it was those 2 minutes that decided the match.

Cummings' pass to Henderson could have been weighted and angled better and I thought that the referee was the villain of the piece when it came to the free-kick and not Oxley. It was a cracking effort.

high bee
23-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Irrelevant if Ox could have saved it. It wasn't a howler by any means and it's not like it was straight through his legs or something.

It was a well struck free kick and there may be an argument that he could have got it but not that he should have got it.

He kept us in the game with at least 2 fantastic saves. It was our poor finishing that cost us.

silverhibee
23-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Reading through posts on this forum it's like 50% of posters blame Oxley for the goal (leaving aside whether it was a free kick in the first place, but nobody should be in the least bit surprised it was given, soft or otherwise. Was it really deliberate hand ball?) and the other 50% say he had no chance because the free kick was so good.

The thing I find disappointing is that the goalkeeper has now been beaten twice from free kicks by the same player in the space of a few weeks. It must surely have crossed Oxley's mind that Tavernier would go for a shot at goal again, and anticipate accordingly. Surely?

He was also beaten direct from a free kick at Dumbarton. That's three times already this season. I would bet that's not happened to many other clubs this season (if any). Were they all unsaveable? Or is there something wrong with the defensive wall too?

Sorry bud but no blame can be put at Oxley's door for that freak free kick (still in two minds if he meant it), not many keepers would have got anywhere near it, if he meant it then it was a top class shot.

silverhibee
23-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Shocking decision to give free kick. Oxley has lost too many similar goals. Had a couple of good saves Today and a scary moment in first half with back pass.

We need to start scoring goals.....:rolleyes:

The player who played it back to Oxley was to blame for that scary moment, i thought the Hibs player was having a shot he hit it that hard back to Oxley.

Nice shorts. :greengrin

high bee
23-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Sorry bud but no blame can be put at Oxley's door for that freak free kick (still in two minds if he meant it), not many keepers would have got anywhere near it, if he meant it then it was a top class shot.

He said he was trying to hit it to the back stick and if anyone got a head on it then great. Interviewer the asked so you didn't mean it then? He quickly replied "Of course I meant it" or words to that effect.

I'd say it wasn't meant.

Shrekko
23-08-2015, 11:02 PM
I'm firmly of the belief that Oxley's positioning at free kicks and for long shots is poor. Huge guy who is continually being beaten by looping efforts. That was a great strike today but still not convinced from that angle he should be getting it over the keeper- the wall was set up to cover his near post after all. Not quite sure why he's always so far to one side and a couple of yards off his line.

#FromTheCapital
23-08-2015, 11:03 PM
I remember when Leigh Griffiths scored that screamer of a free kick at tynecastle in 2013. I was pissing myself laughing at my Jambo mates slating Jamie MacDonald for not saving it. Same applies here. Great free kick that I wouldn't expect any keeper to save.

PatHead
23-08-2015, 11:06 PM
I'm firmly of the belief that Oxley's positioning at free kicks and for long shots is poor. Huge guy who is continually being beaten by looping efforts. That was a great strike today but still not convinced from that angle he should be getting it over the keeper- the wall was set up to cover his near post after all. Not quite sure why he's always so far to one side and a couple of yards off his line.

In the Petrofac game he had the wall"covering" that side, didn't work that well.

Torto7062
23-08-2015, 11:06 PM
I remember when Leigh Griffiths scored that screamer of a free kick at tynecastle in 2013. I was pissing myself laughing at my Jambo mates slating Jamie MacDonald for not saving it. Same applies here. Great free kick that I wouldn't expect any keeper to save.

Eh I beg to differ....

ZIBBI would have 😂😂😂😂😂😂

silverhibee
23-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Teams have identified the weak point in our goalie. He can't save long range shots

Teams have identified more than our keeper as a weak point.

Poor decision for foul but I just can't blame Oxley for that goal today.

percy veer
24-08-2015, 06:13 AM
It wasn't in the corner it was above his head for the 3rd time in 2 seasons should be tipped over and has cost us the game

StevieBoyKdy
24-08-2015, 06:58 AM
I think a decent goalkeeper saves that. We have an average keeper. Sorry ox

Aldo
24-08-2015, 07:03 AM
I think a decent goalkeeper saves that. We have an average keeper. Sorry ox

Disagree. Brilliant free kick!

kentao
24-08-2015, 07:28 AM
It was a decent free kick but it was pretty much straight at him with a bit of dip. Id try the new guy in goals. Ox doesnt inspire me with much confidence

hibs0666
24-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Some pretty interesting comments on this thread. Only a 7 foot tall Stretch Armstrong would have saved that. The hun bloke has admitted he was trying to knock the ball to the back post, and he managed to fluke it in.

But blamers gotta blame I guess.

rodhibs55
24-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Firstly it is them getting the benefit of a dubious decision AGAIN. Regarding hand ball or hand to ball, this was the opposite, ball to hand and as such should not have been awarded as a free kick.

I don't blame Ox, thought he had another decent game. (great stop from that ex jambo tw*t). What cost us, as many on here have pointed out was our inability to convert good chances at the other end.

GGTTH

Keith_M
24-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Maka would have saved that Free Kick, no problem.

:wink:

J-C
24-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Some pretty interesting comments on this thread. Only a 7 foot tall Stretch Armstrong would have saved that. The hun bloke has admitted he was trying to knock the ball to the back post, and he managed to fluke it in.

The fact that he set himself up for a cross and not a shot says it all, what has this guy Tavernier been doing this season so far, taking great free kicks, he should've been aware this might happen and therefore it was a mistake that cost us but to be fare he did make a couple of good saves down low, it's the high in top corner ones he struggles with.

marinello59
24-08-2015, 09:02 AM

:agree:
It always amazes me how many posters think that goalkeepers should be able to defy the laws of physics. He was beaten by a very well taken free kick, it happens.

Andy74
24-08-2015, 09:16 AM
It always amazes me how many posters think that goalkeepers should be able to defy the laws of physics. He was beaten by a very well taken free kick, it happens.

Agree. Some comments that are just idiotic.

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 09:20 AM

Agree regarding the shot/cross however I think the wall should have been better maybe even 3 in it given the same player has a capability at free kicks. It seemed like he was able to play it round the outside of the wall yet score pretty centrally.

Baader
24-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Dont rate him much as a keeper but he wasn't at fault for the goal.

silverhibee
24-08-2015, 09:46 AM

Agree Andy, how folk think Oxley was to blame for that yesterday is unbelievable.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Don't understand why so many folk on here are insistent it wasn't handball - it clearly was. Never deliberate or a free kick though - as you say.

I'm bemused by folk saying it never hit his hand/arm too.

Squealing pig
24-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Dont know what stubbs sees in him. Had cerny on bench all season a very good keeper. Hopefully not same with reguero

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Aye ok then.

Peevemor
24-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Agree Andy, how folk think Oxley was to blame for that yesterday is unbelievable.

Moulin Yarns
24-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Best screenshot I can get that shows the ball passing the arm of Dylan.

I think it hit his thigh, not his arm.

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm bemused by folk saying it never hit his hand/arm too.

If you look at it in slow motion it definitely looks like it hits his thigh, it may have then brushed his arm however to me it hit his thigh first.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Dodgy decision all the way. Never in a million years a deliberate handball; a shocking decision. Great hit by the Hun, fair play, and no blame to Oxley IMHO.

PatHead
24-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Dont know what stubbs sees in him. Had cerny on bench all season a very good keeper. Hopefully not same with reguero

Is that the same Cerny that sold the first goal against Hearts on Saturday?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2015, 10:14 AM
If you look at it in slow motion it definitely looks like it hits his thigh, it may have then brushed his arm however to me it hit his thigh first.

I've not commented on whether it was a free kick deffo hit his arm though. Cannae be arsed checking slo-mo to make sure.

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 10:22 AM
I've not commented on whether it was a free kick deffo hit his arm though. Cannae be arsed checking slo-mo to make sure.

Ok the slo mo calls into question whether it hit his hand at all.

Thecat23
24-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Best screenshot I can get that shows the ball passing the arm of Dylan.

I think it hit his thigh, not his arm.

Wasn't a free kick that's for sure but that pic was when the ball hit the bottom of his arm forcing it round and looking like its passing him. I watched the game again (well the free kick and goal) it did hit his arm but he couldn't get out the way and arm was by his side.

DH1875
24-08-2015, 11:21 AM
It did hit his arm. Point is it hit his leg/thigh first and then hit his arm. Never a free kick.

WeeRussell
24-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Dylan appeared to be complaining to the ref that his arms were by his side - don't think there was any argument that the ball hadn't struck his arm.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Dylan appeared to be complaining to the ref that his arms were by his side - don't think there was any argument that the ball hadn't struck his arm.

A few folk on here dinnae think it hit his arm for some reason.

Bad Martini
24-08-2015, 11:46 AM
The ball hit his arm. There is no doubt about that. Source; the innumerate replays on TV.

Stubbs admitted it too. Everyone who seen it admitted it. Dylan as good as admitted it...

The point is, there was no way from that distance and with the ball going at that speed, that he could do anything about it, short of amputating his ****ing arm!!

Shocking decision. Shocking ref. He was bad throughout (for both teams I add by the way though less in our favour, I think he was just bad!).

As for the Ox...he kept us in with at least two top drawer saves. This one, I am not sure. Something tells me even if he'd been more to his left (our right), he STILL would have toiled. You cannot fault flawless execution and whether it comes on the back of a ****ing travesty of a free kick or not, there are VERY few keepers stopping that, if any....

Harsh on the Ox. Harsher on Hibs as the result stands and were screwed on the back of a non-free kick. I take the only positive that they couldnt beat us outwith that free kick and had we taken our own chances, the game WOULD have been very different...

ENDOF

silverhibee
24-08-2015, 11:59 AM
The ball hit his arm. There is no doubt about that. Source; the innumerate replays on TV.

Stubbs admitted it too. Everyone who seen it admitted it. Dylan as good as admitted it...

The point is, there was no way from that distance and with the ball going at that speed, that he could do anything about it, short of amputating his ****ing arm!!

Shocking decision. Shocking ref. He was bad throughout (for both teams I add by the way though less in our favour, I think he was just bad!).

As for the Ox...he kept us in with at least two top drawer saves. This one, I am not sure. Something tells me even if he'd been more to his left (our right), he STILL would have toiled. You cannot fault flawless execution and whether it comes on the back of a ****ing travesty of a free kick or not, there are VERY few keepers stopping that, if any....

Harsh on the Ox. Harsher on Hibs as the result stands and were screwed on the back of a non-free kick. I take the only positive that they couldnt beat us outwith that free kick and had we taken our own chances, the game WOULD have been very different...

ENDOF

How the referee managed to see it through the cluster of players has to be questioned as well, no chance he could have seen it, think he went with the 50,000 assistants who called it from the stands.

Ref and assistants were very poor yesterday, but that is nothing new from them.

tamig
24-08-2015, 05:06 PM

Have you actually seen Regeuro in goals - or is it just anybody bar Oxley?

tamig
24-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Wasn't a free kick that's for sure but that pic was when the ball hit the bottom of his arm forcing it round and looking like its passing him. I watched the game again (well the free kick and goal) it did hit his arm but he couldn't get out the way and arm was by his side.

That picture is pish. It proves nothing. Some folk must be blind if they still don't think it hit his arm. Unless they're just looking at dodgy still pictures of course 😀

ancient hibee
24-08-2015, 05:10 PM
It wouldn't have hit his arm if Henderson had not missed an open goal.

It was a well taken free kick but surely a goalie has a much better chance to save by moving forward rather than backward.

tamig
24-08-2015, 05:12 PM
It did hit his arm. Point is it hit his leg/thigh first and then hit his arm. Never a free kick.

That's irrelevant. What point are you trying to make? If a player hits the ball with his leg then he handles it can it not be handball in your book? That's a new one from old Sepp.

Eyrie
24-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Agreed.

His arm was tucked in and not stretched out in an unnatural position. It was a clear case of the ball hitting the hand by accident and not the arm being deliberately used to stop the ball.

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2015, 06:28 PM
It wouldn't have hit his arm if Henderson had not missed an open goal.

It was a well taken free kick but surely a goalie has a much better chance to save by moving forward rather than backward.

:confused: I could've swore they had a keeper yesterday?

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2015, 06:33 PM
That's irrelevant. What point are you trying to make? If a player hits the ball with his leg then he handles it can it not be handball in your book? That's a new one from old Sepp.

Taken from www.thefa.com (which I'm sure must apply to Scotland:

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

holds an opponent
spits at an opponent
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

It wasn't deliberate handball. Simples

liamh2202
24-08-2015, 06:37 PM

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

holds an opponent
spits at an opponent
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

The rules a farce tbh. In all the 28 years I've watched hibs I reckon I could count deliberate handballs on one hand

tamig
24-08-2015, 07:33 PM

holds an opponent
spits at an opponent

The original poster said it wasn't a free kick.

ScapeGoat
25-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Ok it wiz me.

Future17
26-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm not Oxley's biggest fans, but what was with folk shouting at him for taking his time over his goal kicks towards the end of the match tonight? It's called game management and showed a bit of professionalism. If he'd not done that and we'd been taken to extra time, people would be calling for his head again.

duffers
26-08-2015, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure how it looked from other stands, but I was in the famous five, and it was an absolute wonder save in the first half.

Thecat23
26-08-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm not sure how it looked from other stands, but I was in the famous five, and it was an absolute wonder save in the first half.

I was in the main behind the home dugout and that was a good a save you will see anywhere in the country!! Well done Oxley, defo showing us what he can do. Keep it up and keep proving folk like me wrong.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2015, 09:31 PM

Was an absolutely brilliant save. Great reactions and got a good, strong hand onto it.

Also agree with the above about folk nipping at him.near the end for taking his time. Ok we all wanted to score a few goals tonight but I'd rather waste a bit time and win 1-0 than rush a goal kick and concede in the last minute.

Thecat23
26-08-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm not Oxley's biggest fans, but what was with folk shouting at him for taking his time over his goal kicks towards the end of the match tonight? It's called game management and showed a bit of professionalism. If he'd not done that and we'd been taken to extra time, people would be calling for his head again.

Unreal eh? Fans that do that I honestly don't think they know the game that well. 1-0 up (ok game was rotten) but what was the rush?

givescotlandfreedom
26-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Unreal eh? Fans that do that I honestly don't think they know the game that well. 1-0 up (ok game was rotten) but what was the rush?

Oxley got a harder time off our fans than Stranraer's did for time wasting in the first half.

Thecat23
26-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Oxley got a harder time off our fans than Stranraer's did for time wasting in the first half.

I know mate mental!!

Libby Hibby
26-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Great save in 1st half...oxley is not a problem imo, the lack of goals and chances is a concern

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2015, 11:28 PM
I've been critical of Oxley, but Tonight, that save was first class, especially as he had little to do prior to that, so good concentration levels.

Well done, big point in the game:aok:

Smartie
26-08-2015, 11:43 PM
He's made really important saves at 0-0 in both the Morton and Stranraer games now - we might be in a lot more trouble if we'd lost the first goals in those games.

Some good stops at Ibrox at the weekend.

He's not had much to do in these games but he's kept his concentration well and made great stops when he's had to.

He deserves praise for this, especially after his shaky start to the season.

That really was a top-notch save tonight, it has to be said.

silverhibee
27-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Was an absolutely brilliant save. Great reactions and got a good, strong hand onto it.

Also agree with the above about folk nipping at him.near the end for taking his time. Ok we all wanted to score a few goals tonight but I'd rather waste a bit time and win 1-0 than rush a goal kick and concede in the last minute.

Which we almost done when there No 10 ran past 3 or 4 Hibs players at the end of the game but his shot went over the bar.

We shouldn't be playing out 1-0 games against teams like that, the game should be over by the 60th minute where we have pumped a barrow load of goals in to them.

That was not the response i was expecting after our defeat it Ibox.

Time Mr Stubbs found out his starting 11 and stick with it, still doesn't look like he knows what his strongest 11 is yet.

Lucius Apuleius
28-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Which we almost done when there No 10 ran past 3 or 4 Hibs players at the end of the game but his shot went over the bar.

We shouldn't be playing out 1-0 games against teams like that, the game should be over by the 60th minute where we have pumped a barrow load of goals in to them.

That was not the response i was expecting after our defeat it Ibox.

Time Mr Stubbs found out his starting 11 and stick with it, still doesn't look like he knows what his strongest 11 is yet.

He won't know his best 11until they are all back from injury.