PDA

View Full Version : Line-up & result

Kaiserclem
23-08-2015, 06:42 AM
2-1 The Hibs today with Cummings (off of the bench) and McGeouch scoring.

Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Bartley

Fyvie McGeouch McGinn

Boyle

Malonga

Subs: Reguero
Forster
Stanton
Carmichael
Martin
Henderson
Cummings

bingo70
23-08-2015, 06:49 AM
Henderson and Cummings need to start imo.

HH81
23-08-2015, 06:51 AM
McGeouch can not start as won't be up to speed?

bingo70
23-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Boyle
Bartley
Fyvie
Mcginn
Henderson

Cummings

Henderson and Boyle doubling up against their full backs could be key but I'd be concerned about Cummings being isolated.

Centre Hawf
23-08-2015, 07:10 AM
McGeouch can not start as won't be up to speed?

He's had a pre season with Celtic and should be fit. He knows the players and Stubbs' system. There's no real reason for him not to be ready to come straight in.

Hibeewilly
23-08-2015, 07:15 AM
He's had a pre season with Celtic and should be fit. He knows the players and Stubbs' system. There's no real reason for him not to be ready to come straight in.
I agree CH McGeouch is far too good a player and keeps himself in shape. He must start centre mid for me. Henderson is a must start to - the boy is a natural.

Centre Hawf
23-08-2015, 07:37 AM
I agree CH McGeouch is far too good a player and keeps himself in shape. He must start centre mid for me. Henderson is a must start to - the boy is a natural.

I admit I don't know a lot about Henderson, the 15 or so minutes he was on last weekend is the only time I've seen him. But I know what McGeouch can do and if Henderson's rated higher by Celtic then it can only bode well for the lad. I admit I have no idea what team or system I would go with today, preferably one that doesn't lose 6-2 again. :greengrin

Kaiserclem
23-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Boyle
Bartley
Fyvie
Mcginn
Henderson

Cummings

Henderson and Boyle doubling up against their full backs could be key but I'd be concerned about Cummings being isolated.

Good shout, think your spot on looking at that. Not allowing Wallace to run wild is key.

matty_f
23-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Boyle
Bartley
Fyvie
Mcginn
Henderson

Cummings

I would go for that as well, the midfielders can get forward to support Cummings, and it gives us width to counter their full backs.

overdrive
23-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Good shout, think your spot on looking at that. Not allowing Wallace to run wild is key.

Not moral, but we should aim to take him out of the game ASAP either through injury or getting him sent off. I don't think we have anyone in the squad willing to do this or in the coaching staff willing to instruct this unfortunately.

sbell1875
23-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Henderson, Boyle & Cummings must start today.

They're weak down the flanks and Cummings has a far better conversion rate than Dom.

bigwheel
23-08-2015, 08:38 AM

They're weak down the flanks and Cummings has a far better conversion rate than Dom.

weak down the flanks?? I think that is their strength .......

anyway, happy with those you suggest must start....

For me, what I want more than anything is a clean sheet - we are overdue a performance, and it's about time this team stood up and delivered one. Let's show them they are in a competition this year

Hibeewilly
23-08-2015, 08:46 AM

For me, what I want more than anything is a clean sheet - we are overdue a performance, and it's about time this team stood up and delivered one. Let's show them they are in a competition this year
100% :top marks

StevieBoyKdy
23-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Ox

gray
hanlon
fontaine
stevenson

Boyle
mcginn
bartley
fyvie
henderson

cummings

easty
23-08-2015, 09:06 AM

They're not weak down the flanks. I'll be happy if we can keep them playing through the middle today.

sbell1875
23-08-2015, 09:28 AM

Defensively I don't think Wallace & Tavernier are up to much to be honest. Their entire team, especially the wide players are setup to attack so by that are weak defensively and to be got at.

bingo70
23-08-2015, 09:34 AM
They're not weak down the flanks. I'll be happy if we can keep them playing through the middle today.

I wouldn't say they're weak down the flanks but I would say if they're relying on full backs for width then there'll be times they'll be vulnerable in that area.

I think that might be what the poster you quoted meant.

EdinMike
23-08-2015, 10:08 AM
It's not a game for Malonga up on his own (assuming we go 4-5-1) so Cummings for me if that's the case !

hfc rd
23-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Can Henderson play LM? Thought he was a CM?

PISTOL1875
23-08-2015, 10:43 AM

I don't think you have watched them this season mate..