PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson in Boomtown

Libby Hibby
22-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Anyone know why Kevin Thomson would be at the Bonnyrigg Rose v Kelty game this afternoon...weird too as Dundee playing and thought he would've been up there even if not in squad

keep the faith
22-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Still think he would be a fantastic influence on our young midfield. Even if he couldn't play every week.

I'll get my coat......

TheFamous1875
22-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Still think he would be a fantastic influence on our young midfield. Even if he couldn't play every week.

I'll get my coat......

Yup. Completely agree. Gary Neville reiterated this in his Telegraph column re John Terry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11816579/Chelsea-must-do-everything-to-keep-John-Terry-dont-lose-his-experience-like-Liverpool-did-Steven-Gerrard.html

3pm
22-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Anyone know why Kevin Thomson would be at the Bonnyrigg Rose v Kelty game this afternoon...weird too as Dundee playing and thought he would've been up there even if not in squad

His sister lives there mate.

Libby Hibby
22-08-2015, 04:16 PM
His sister lives there mate.

Sound but why was he not in Aberdeen? That's the bit I find strange

AlbertK86
22-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Injured in Dundee Derby but though the would travel with the team

Billy Whizz
22-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Injured in Dundee Derby but though the would travel with the team

Maybe his injury is such that 2 1/2 hours on a bus is hardly ideal recuperation

Lago
22-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Injured again, well consistant in that respect.

O'Rourke3
22-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Boomtown?

Iceman1875
22-08-2015, 05:07 PM
His brother in law, Kevin McDonald ex Hibs plays for rose I think.

At Easter Road we play...

bingo70
22-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Boomtown?

Bonnyrigg

3pm
22-08-2015, 05:34 PM
His brother in law, Kevin McDonald ex Hibs plays for rose I think.

At Easter Road we play...

He's at Musselburgh now mate.

SMAXXA
22-08-2015, 05:46 PM
He's at Musselburgh now mate.

He left them last week not got a club

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-08-2015, 05:49 PM
I assume it's because they were up in Aberdeen and that's an absolute treck on a bus with an injury just to sit in the stand. I'm guessing if the game was in Dundee, or probably anywhere else, then he would have been there

3pm
22-08-2015, 07:26 PM
He left them last week not got a club

Been on the phone to him yet?! :o)

O'Rourke3
22-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Bonnyrigg

:greengrin Without trying to sound p*ssy. I'd worked out Bonnyrigg from the B Rose versus Kelty bit. I'm trying to come to terms with Boomtown. Assumption 1= Boom is a euphemism for the brown stuff as in "going boom boom" :confused:

3pm
22-08-2015, 07:48 PM
:greengrin Without trying to sound p*ssy. I'd worked out Bonnyrigg from the B Rose versus Kelty bit. I'm trying to come to terms with Boomtown. Assumption 1= Boom is a euphemism for the brown stuff as in "going boom boom" :confused:

Unfortunately, I don't think that much thought went to it.

Most of us who live here refer to it as 'Bonnyrigg'!

Libby Hibby is trying to keep up with young team with his Boomtown chat but has to age disgracefully like the rest of us! :o)

O'Rourke3
22-08-2015, 08:00 PM

Libby Hibby is trying to keep up with young team with his Boomtown chat but has to age disgracefully like the rest of us! :o)
:not worth

Libby Hibby
22-08-2015, 08:39 PM

Oi!! Take your head out of the clouds and have you ever considered the young team from boomtown are trying keep up with me? Haha

Danderhall Hibs
22-08-2015, 08:40 PM

I live there as well and generally refer to it as "****ing Bonnyrigg"

BSEJVT
22-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I live there as well and generally refer to it as "****ing Bonnyrigg"

Live here too

The takeaway and hairdresser capital if the world but not a lot else.

Danderhall Hibs
22-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Live here too

Me and the wife reckon that it's money laundering or something. There's no way that one wee town can need so many hairdressers.

3pm
22-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Live here too

Fairly accurate.

Not got a decent boozer either.

Pete
22-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Boomtown?

Maybe it's full of rats.

hibbymick
23-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Live here too

I will give you the hairdresser bit...but Tranent has to be the takeaway capital of Europe.

Libby Hibby
23-08-2015, 05:25 AM
I will give you the hairdresser bit...but Tranent has to be the takeaway capital of Europe.

Ah, sunny Tranent, why folk from there called Belters?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Here's a question for the locals. I used to see a car parked near the Car Dealers on the roundabout on the Dalkeith - Bonnyrigg road and it had big letters on it's rear bumper that spelled "Boomden Boys never die"

Never found out where Boomden is.

Purple & Green
23-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Fairly accurate.

Not since the reyesville shut.

Personally I have to explain all the time that I only live in newtongrange, I'm from Bonnyrigg. Nitten has one pub. Wtf.

BSEJVT
24-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Fairly accurate.

Correct

I have lived in Bonnyrigg for over 20 years and other than a pint after 5 asides in either the Anvil or the Reyesville haven't ever been out for just a drink in Bonnyrigg if you exclude parties and fund raisers in the various clubs, none of which are worth going to otherwise.

I have never been in the Calderwood or the Royal Oak and don't fancy either.

I used to play Sunday pub league football out here when I lived in Edinburgh and was a towny ********* then and to some extent still am.

There's an old Bonnyrigg saying you are either a Renwick or a Rae and I don't think that's that far wrong.

Its no accident that St Joseph's is where it is!

old joke

Why was Jesus not born In Bonnyrigg?

Because they couldn't find 3 wise men and a virgin.

Broomieknowe must be the least friendly golf club in the world. Full of guys so far up themselves they will barely acknowledge your presence.

Hell mend you if you get in the way of their "home club" its full of old guys who cut across and in front of you the entire time.

SteveHFC
24-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Not since the reyesville shut.

Personally I have to explain all the time that I only live in newtongrange, I'm from Bonnyrigg. Nitten has one pub. Wtf.

I live just up the road from you :hyper. Here in Easthouses we have the miners club and bowling club. :aok:

sadtom
24-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Ah, sunny Tranent, why folk from there called Belters?

Was told a few years back that it was because a lot of the men who worked at the 'end of the belt' (not a very desirable job) down the pits, lived in Tranent.
They could have been yanking my chain but it seem plausible.

half.time.draw.
24-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Fairly accurate.

Polton Inn is the best of the lot.

half.time.draw.
24-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Live here too

I'm a lifelong Bonnyrigg man.
If you listen to John Scott a local who does comedy at the fringe he will say Bonnyrigg is full of fat folk with nice hair👍

Famous Fiver
24-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Aaah..... Newtongrange, or as my dear departed dad used to say 'Durty Nitten', never called it Newtongrange.
Btw, HM Queen Lizzie is officially opening the new train station there on September 9th.
Nitten will have it's 15 minutes of fame!!!

stormchild
24-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Fairly accurate.

Whatever you do don't go into the Waverley hotel! Was a great boozer back in the 80's when Eric Stevenson had it and to an extent also Chic Boyle. Now its full of h**rts pr*cks. I've moved back here after being away for 20 years and it's not the same place at all......too many townies lol