PDA

View Full Version : Benji

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Benji on Twitter today;

@_abdessalam: Thanks for all hibs supporters , i love hibs and i love you so much

:thumbsup:

Billychaotic182
21-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Loved that guy. My sisters dog is named after him haha

Waxy
21-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Loved that guy. My sisters dog is named after him hahaIs that the one who pees on the computer on the telly advert?

Wilson
21-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Is that the one who pees on the computer on the telly advert?

No. His other sister.

Billychaotic182
21-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Is that the one who pees on the computer on the telly advert?

Haha no he is a collie not a pug

Jack Hackett
21-08-2015, 02:50 PM
No. His other sister.

:faf:

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-08-2015, 03:25 PM
No. His other sister.

[emoji122]

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2015, 03:44 PM
No. His other sister.

Take a bow! quite outstanding! :-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Benji on Twitter today;

@_abdessalam: Thanks for all hibs supporters , i love hibs and i love you so much

In all seriousness, thats a bolt from the blue, good to see though.

Billychaotic182
21-08-2015, 03:56 PM
No. His other sister.

Hahaha

Pretty Boy
21-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Benji on Twitter today;

Great stuff.

Massively frustrating at times but on his day he could be quite sublime.

Scott Allan Key
21-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Great stuff.

Massively frustrating at times but on his day he could be quite sublime.

Yes and he had his day fortunately for us v Killie, what a couple of goals and such a happy day. Shukran Abdelsalam :)

SouthMoroccoStu
21-08-2015, 04:19 PM
2 goals in a cup final and running up to celebrate in front of the hearts fans after scoring - he's alright in my book

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdyex_benji-v-hearts_shortfilms

portyhibernian
21-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Clearly had talent, good memories of Benji! All the best to him!

Iggy Pope
21-08-2015, 05:19 PM
When he had his 'sabbatical' and buggered off for a while I never thought we'd see him back.
When he did come back and dived to head that winner in v St Mirren on opening day right in front of me I was howling like a bairn. Love him. Can't see what there is not to love. Not sure why he's tweeting this out the blue though. Is he retiring?

DH1875
21-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Benji on Twitter today;

Any reason he's come out with this or is this a normal thing for him to do?

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-08-2015, 05:27 PM
What a guy! Had 'Benji 10' on the back of my home top the cup winning season. Last strip I got a players name on before I accepted I was definitely too old to be carrying on like that anymore.

hibsbollah
21-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Absolutely loved him. That footage of him crying in his final match had me bawling like a bairn. He loved us, no doubt about it. And for three quarters of a season he looked like he could be an all time Hibs great. So much talent, cant understand why he never played at a higher level.

Gmack7
21-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Who does he play for now?

lugz
21-08-2015, 06:13 PM
When he had his 'sabbatical' and buggered off for a while I never thought we'd see him back.
When he did come back and dived to head that winner in v St Mirren on opening day right in front of me I was howling like a bairn. Love him. Can't see what there is not to love. Not sure why he's tweeting this out the blue though. Is he retiring?

Hibs fans have been tweeting him constantly since finding his account, good to see the feeling is mutual. Him and Zemmama were up there with my fav players.

Scott Allan Key
21-08-2015, 07:33 PM
What a guy! Had 'Benji 10' on the back of my home top the cup winning season. Last strip I got a players name on before I accepted I was definitely too old to be carrying on like that anymore.

I had McBenji on the first our recent bottle green, albeit away tops. Who does he play for now? Zemamma was a very well known player in Morocco, Benji less so but a lot of talent to be picked up there. Was it John Park who scouted him? I'd like to see us pick up some of these players from Africa more often and wonder if it is something we could establish by having link-ups with clubs there. One for the future perhaps.

Ronniekirk
21-08-2015, 07:43 PM
I seem to remember a cup game possibly reply against Aberdeen and he scored two great goals to help us win it .

Edinburgh Green
21-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I had McBenji on the first our recent bottle green, albeit away tops. Who does he play for now? Zemamma was a very well known player in Morocco, Benji less so but a lot of talent to be picked up there. Was it John Park who scouted him? I'd like to see us pick up some of these players from Africa more often and wonder if it is something we could establish by having link-ups with clubs there. One for the future perhaps.

Yeah I agree, so much talent in Africa that can be bought very cheaply. If you ever look at the Scandinavian teams, they usually have their fair share of African players who they eventually sell on for a profit

Pretty Boy
21-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Yeah I agree, so much talent in Africa that can be bought very cheaply. If you ever look at the Scandinavian teams, they usually have their fair share of African players who they eventually sell on for a profit

Is the work permit laws in the UK for those from outside the EU not a bit of a bar to signing a lot of African players?

It doesn't affect the big boys like Chelsea and Man City etc as they are signing established internationals but at our end of the market it's probably a bit tougher.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-08-2015, 07:56 PM
According to wiki..we're the only club he's ever hit double figures for

SanFranHibs
21-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Still like this photo of him in his final game for Hibs.

I think it is obvious his feelings are true.

Edinburgh Green
21-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Is the work permit laws in the UK for those from outside the EU not a bit of a bar to signing a lot of African players?

It doesn't affect the big boys like Chelsea and Man City etc as they are signing established internationals but at our end of the market it's probably a bit tougher.

Yeah you're probably right.

CraigK
21-08-2015, 08:08 PM

I think that a player has to have played something like 75% of their country's internationals that year or something? Not sure if that applies to u19, u21, etc?

Although, I dunno how someone like Yantorno was allowed to play in the UK under those rules? A european passport, perhaps?

Pretty Boy
21-08-2015, 08:14 PM
I think that a player has to have played something like 75% of their country's internationals that year or something? Not sure if that applies to u19, u21, etc?

Although, I dunno how someone like Yantorno was allowed to play in the UK under those rules? A european passport, perhaps?

I think you can get round it if you can prove the player is better than equivalent options from the EU or something like that.

It can be a tricky and protracted process though.

snedzuk
21-08-2015, 10:08 PM

I ve got schaedler on the back of mine so youre never to old to remember whoever light's your 'hibs fire' .

matty_f
22-08-2015, 12:32 AM
Some good highlights in this video:

https://youtu.be/QBXIYUmOCiw

Steve-O
22-08-2015, 01:37 AM
I seem to remember a cup game possibly reply against Aberdeen and he scored two great goals to help us win it .

4-1 :agree:

DH1875
22-08-2015, 06:43 AM

Yantorno has an Italian passport. A lot of South Americans have Southern European passports.

Matty_Jack04
22-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Any reason he's come out with this or is this a normal thing for him to do?

Hibs official wished him a happy birthday and pointed out he was on Twitter so I'd imagine a few people where messaging him

God Petrie
22-08-2015, 08:02 AM
Loved benji. His final game at tannadice showed how much he cares for Hibs. Zouma also loved Hibs. What a player he was - the ball to stokes at ibrox, that wee turn before scoring against hertz, that touch against dunfermline. Some of the best things I've ever seen a hibs player do.

Good luck to them both.

Scottie
22-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Some good highlights in this video:

https://youtu.be/QBXIYUmOCiw
:aok: Celebration against the gimps class.

NYHibby
22-08-2015, 08:24 AM

"The player must have participated in at least 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international matches where he was available for selection during the two years preceding the date of the application"

Youth games and friendlies don't count.

NYHibby
22-08-2015, 08:30 AM
I think you can get round it if you can prove the player is better than equivalent options from the EU or something like that.

It can be a tricky and protracted process though.

You're thinking of Tier 2 general visas. There is a different T2 subcategory for sportspeople where governing bodies set the rules. That is where this 75% comes from.

I came over here on T2 general, and you are right about the process my employer went through.

heretoday
22-08-2015, 08:36 AM
Those cup final goals were his finest hour and the interview he gave right after in front of the Hibs faithful was a tearjerker.

"I very, very happy!"

CRAZYHIBBY
22-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Loved benji......we never lost when he scored

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-08-2015, 10:38 AM
I ve got schaedler on the back of mine so youre never to old to remember whoever light's your 'hibs fire' .

[emoji106]

3pm
22-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Benji was quality.

I know the Real Madrid thing ended up as a piss take but he should have been playing at a better level than the SPL.

And the celebration against the filth was outstanding.

rcarter1
22-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Benji!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a guy, have some great memories, League Cup the obvious highlight.

:thumbsup::flag::agree:

Boyle89
22-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Loved benji. His final game at tannadice showed how much he cares for Hibs. Zouma also loved Hibs. What a player he was - the ball to stokes at ibrox, that wee turn before scoring against hertz, that touch against dunfermline. Some of the best things I've ever seen a hibs player do.

Good luck to them both.

The dunfermline one was one of the best things I've seen live.

zlatan
22-08-2015, 05:39 PM
The dunfermline one was one of the best things I've seen live.

We were absolutely outstanding that night.

There was a game against St Mirren we won 5-1 when Collins was in charge where Benji and Zemmama put on a masterclass.

emerald green
22-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Benji's goal in the 2007 league cup final was a tremendous goal. Terrific piece of skillful football, turning his marker inside out before despatching a great shot into the net.

I've supported Hibs for a long time, and have seen Hibs players scoring lots of great goals, but that goal was up there with the best particularly doing it on the highest stage - a cup final at Hampden.

rcarter1
22-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Benji's goal in the 2007 league cup final was a tremendous goal. Terrific piece of skillful football, turning his marker inside out before despatching a great shot into the net.

I've supported Hibs for a long time, and have seen Hibs players scoring lots of great goals, but that goal was up there with the best particularly doing it on the highest stage - a cup final at Hampden.

Benji had decided that he was going to win that Cup for Hibs. Money where mouth is - oh yes!:thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
23-08-2015, 08:17 PM

My happiest day as a Hibs fan. Man the party was epic. **** knows when I got to bed.

J

emerald green
23-08-2015, 09:26 PM
My happiest day as a Hibs fan. Man the party was epic. **** knows when I got to bed.

J

It was a brilliant happy day to be a Hibs supporter. A team and performance to be proud of too.

It's not that long ago really, and it's comparing where Hibs were that day to where the club finds itself now that makes me, and many others, very p***** off.