PDA

View Full Version : Hibby tradesman in Prestonpans

Sir David Gray
20-08-2015, 07:15 PM
I don't know if anyone will know this but I was on my way home tonight from work on the M9 stretch between Stirling and Falkirk and I passed a van which had a company logo which was obviously meant to be like the current Hibs badge. It was green with white writing, the 1875 on the badge was replaced with the numbers which are obviously for the year company was founded and the harp, ship and castle were replaced with tools that they use in their trade. The "Edinburgh" was replaced by "Prestonpans" and the "Hibernian" was replaced by the name of the company. I can't for the life of me remember what the company name was called though.

Can anyone shed any light on this as it was quite a smart design? Until I got up close to the van, I actually thought it was a Hibs minibus!

Mr White
20-08-2015, 07:46 PM
J e mcdonald builders iirc. Surprised they've never been hit with a cease and desist order by iron rod tbh :greengrin

Sir David Gray
20-08-2015, 07:56 PM
J e mcdonald builders iirc. Surprised they've never been hit with a cease and desist order by iron rod tbh :greengrin

That might have been it actually.

I agree, it's clearly meant to be a copy of the Hibs badge, so I am a bit surprised that the club hasn't challenged it if they are aware of the company that is. Although I think it would be a great logo to have as your company logo, if you're a Hibs fan!

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2015, 12:56 AM
That might have been it actually.

I agree, it's clearly meant to be a copy of the Hibs badge, so I am a bit surprised that the club hasn't challenged it if they are aware of the company that is. Although I think it would be a great logo to have as your company logo, if you're a Hibs fan!

they'll be aware of it now though, i'm sure LD peruses the forum often :wink: don't think the owner of the van will be too chuffed though

Sir David Gray
21-08-2015, 06:46 PM
they'll be aware of it now though, i'm sure LD peruses the forum often :wink: don't think the owner of the van will be too chuffed though

I thought it was quite smart!

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2015, 11:58 PM
The guy has had the logo on his van for years.

Squealing pig
22-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Seen it in boness before well cool van

overdrive
24-08-2015, 12:54 PM
I've seen it a few times. There was a similar one in a suburb of Auckland when we were in NZ 5 years ago which I was surprised when we saw.