PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: VACANCY: PR & MEDIA EXECUTIVE

RSS Bot
20-08-2015, 01:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5646)

Jonnyboy
20-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Andrew Sleight's position?

matty_f
20-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Andrew Sleight's position?

Tom Zanelli, announced he was going to Marathonbet yesterday.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Ah right. I thought the job description sounded more like Andrew's.

Centre Hawf
20-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Tom Zanelli, announced he was going to Marathonbet yesterday.

I believe this one is Andrews. Not sure what on earth is going on making everyone leave.

Ozyhibby
20-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Wanted:- someone who can spin why the countries 5th biggest club is stuck in the 2nd div for a second season.

Gerard
20-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Who is next to leave?

Iain G
20-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Wanted:- someone who can spin why the countries 5th biggest club is stuck in the 2nd div for a second season.

You are a right bundle of laughs aint ya?

CallumLaidlaw
20-08-2015, 01:51 PM

Is it possible for just 1 thread on this MB to not be given the same negative slant? We all know the position we're in. It doesnt need to be hammered home by the same posters on every single thread

TheFamous1875
20-08-2015, 01:54 PM
I believe this one is Andrews. Not sure what on earth is going on making everyone leave.

Maybe we're getting better people in?

Brightside
20-08-2015, 02:17 PM

*tada*

Smartie
20-08-2015, 02:18 PM
To be fair, we do seem to be losing an awful lot of people.

That's not normally the sign of a happy camp.

green day
20-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Maybe we're getting better people in?

Indeed, remember the uproar when our youth coach James McDonough went to falkirk?

People move jobs all the time.

Dalianwanda
20-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Executives should be moving every few years. If other companies want them it's cause they are doing something right.

Brightside
20-08-2015, 02:21 PM

two years ago we'd have no idea about people like this moving on etc. These are short term roles. Turnover of staff is a good thing. You get someone in fresh with new ideas. You use those ideas, then they move on and do it again. We move on to the next one.

CallumLaidlaw
20-08-2015, 02:25 PM

Or a sign that we have good people in that have been spotted elsewhere.

Craig Flanagan to Rangers - he's recognised as one of the best in Scotland at what he does, and thats from before he was at Hibs. Rangers will be offering him a payrise, and he's from the west.

Tom Zanelli - Marathonbet will have worked with him quite a bit and have offered him the job. Again will be more than we pay, and a chance to work with some big football clubs. Tom seemed to love his time at Hibs tho and says he's gutted to be leaving. You need to do whats best for your career tho.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity for someone

Purehibee_MYB
20-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Very exciting opportunity!

InterviewLoI
20-08-2015, 02:48 PM
I've got the job in the bag lads 😂😂😂

Greenworld
20-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Maybe just cutting our cloth accordingly.Championship club and revenues.there is lot of movement though and nog all happy at leaving

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The Tubs
20-08-2015, 03:01 PM
I've got the job in the bag lads 😂😂😂

Good luck, mate. Your style always seems natural.

I thought Andrew was beginning to commentate a lot better on the games and be a little critical when necessary.

InterviewLoI
20-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Good luck, mate. Your style always seems natural.

I thought Andrew was beginning to commentate a lot better on the games and be a little critical when necessary.

I was joking! I'm under-qualified unfortunately haha.

I like Andrew's style, both on and off camera. He's always been really helpful with us whenever we have gone over and he was brilliant at the Dumbarton game for us even after a really gutting loss. He'll be missed big-time!

Pretty Boy
20-08-2015, 03:32 PM

Or maybe the new regime weeding out those they don't feel were performing to the expected standard.

Not a slight on any one person, there are many people at ER who are fantastic at their jobs and certainly not a dig at TZ who always seems top drawer, but maybe Hibs just feel too many people weren't getting the job done. Without going into detail I would say I have at least 1 or 2 experiences of that being the case in the not so distant past.

Gerard
20-08-2015, 03:35 PM
The club is bigger than every person who works for it. These people move on and find other jobs. Players leave the club and so does everyone else. It shows that we have a healthy climate where the club is looking for new ideas from new people.

The Tubs
20-08-2015, 03:39 PM
I was joking! I'm under-qualified unfortunately haha.

I like Andrew's style, both on and off camera. He's always been really helpful with us whenever we have gone over and he was brilliant at the Dumbarton game for us even after a really gutting loss. He'll be missed big-time!

I remember watching the Maribor home leg and thinking "who's this ****", especially as we were getting beat and the stream was oversubscribed so the quality was terrible. But he definitely worked on it and got a lot better.

Andy74
20-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Or a sign that we have good people in that have been spotted elsewhere.

Craig Flanagan to Rangers - he's recognised as one of the best in Scotland at what he does, and thats from before he was at Hibs. Rangers will be offering him a payrise, and he's from the west.

Tom Zanelli - Marathonbet will have worked with him quite a bit and have offered him the job. Again will be more than we pay, and a chance to work with some big football clubs. Tom seemed to love his time at Hibs tho and says he's gutted to be leaving. You need to do whats best for your career tho.

Yes, these things are all fair but losing good people isn't really good news for the company losing them.

Trying to replace good people is always a challenge.

It is disappointing, not Hibs fault necessarily, but disappointing, that when we seem to be getting good people together doing good things, we then start to lose them.

GreenCastle
20-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Did Tom Elliot not also leave recently - Head of Community Football ?

Not sure who his replacement is ?

PatHead
20-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Did Tom Elliot not also leave recently - Head of Community Football ?

Not sure who his replacement is ?

He did. Think his position was advertised a couple of weeks ago.

E10 Rifle
20-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Executives should be moving every few years. If other companies want them it's cause they are doing something right.

Executive is a deceptive title though as it's a relatively entry level position in the world of PR/Comms, probably second rung on the career ladder after School/College. That said, it simply reinforces your point that you don't want to hang around at that level too long, you want to move onwards and upwards. It's probably no more than having a bit of block on his own professional development at Hibs (probably caused by a manager who's not leaving - so no next stage development) or something completely uncontroversial.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2015, 07:22 PM
So where is Andrew going to? Hopefully if he's moving on, he's going to a job with a better salary and benefits

Ronniekirk
20-08-2015, 07:34 PM
The money we will be saving with all these going s can be put into Stubbs Transfer Budget .:rolleyes: People come ,people go ,The Club will appoint new people and we move on .Clearly we have to assume we will recruit talent that can continue to take the club forward .
However several key posts becoming vacant in a short space of time is always going to lead to questions being asked and some people reading too mutch into a series of coincidences :confused:

Argylehibby
20-08-2015, 07:43 PM

Sounds just the job for you with your bright, positive and bubbly outlook on all things Hibernian.

Hibernia&Alba
20-08-2015, 07:43 PM

Third biggest :-)

Saturday Boy
20-08-2015, 07:53 PM
So where is Andrew going to? Hopefully if he's moving on, he's going to a job with a better salary and benefits

The only suggestion that Andrew is leaving is on this thread. The job advert on the official site reads:

Hibernian FC are recruiting for a PR & Media Executive to work within the Club’s Marketing & Commercial department reporting to the Communications Manager.

Andrew is the Communications Manager, therefore it does not appear to be his job that is being advertised.!

Brightside
20-08-2015, 08:13 PM
The only suggestion that Andrew is leaving is on this thread. The job advert on the official site reads:

Hibernian FC are recruiting for a PR & Media Executive to work within the Club’s Marketing & Commercial department reporting to the Communications Manager.

Andrew is the Communications Manager, therefore it does not appear to be his job that is being advertised.!

I was sure it was Tom's job. He was certainly working as a Media Exec.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I was sure it was Tom's job. He was certainly working as a Media Exec.

I though it was Tom's job until Jonnyboy had his bit to say😀

Jonnyboy
20-08-2015, 08:25 PM
I though it was Tom's job until Jonnyboy had his bit to say

I could be wrong :greengrin Just all the stuff about media, Hibs TV and the programme is/was Andrew's domain AFAIK

Billy Whizz
20-08-2015, 08:28 PM
I could be wrong :greengrin Just all the stuff about media, Hibs TV and the programme is/was Andrew's domain AFAIK

You have a point, think Tom's job title was Commercial executive

Saturday Boy
20-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Everybody appears confused by these fancy modern job titles.

Thank goodness for that. :thumbsup:

It looks like nobody knows what's happening, and we're none the worse off.

Maybe some of the posters on the transfer thread should slow down on the F5 or refresh key and moaning when nothing has happened since they last looked.:wink:

Gerard
20-08-2015, 09:10 PM
:wink::devil::devil::devil:
I wonder if the next job will be chairman of the Hibs BODs becoming vacant?