PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths

GloriousHibs
19-08-2015, 08:15 PM
A real striker, a lad that worships the Hibees.

We had 2 seasons to sign him permanently and didn't. A proper Hibernian disgrace.

Hibbyradge
19-08-2015, 08:16 PM
:tee hee:

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Jesus...coz he would rather be playing in Championship than Champions League right enough

Onceinawhile
19-08-2015, 08:19 PM
https://youtu.be/w_FaVUK-Vuk

Pretty Boy
19-08-2015, 08:19 PM
If only Petrie had forked out that 150k.

Total disgrace

MyJo
19-08-2015, 08:27 PM
#Phone rings#.........its for you, its 2012 and he wants his thread back?

marinello59
19-08-2015, 08:27 PM

We had 2 seasons to sign him permanently and didn't. A proper Hibernian disgrace.

If he had wanted to sign on a permanent deal with us on the wages we can afford he would have. He didn't though.

.Sean.
19-08-2015, 08:29 PM
If he had wanted to sign on a permanent deal with us on the wages we can afford he would have. He didn't though.
This. Absolutely embarrassing how much he's trying to be accepted by that mob.

Kissing the Celtic badge? :confused::sick:

Waxy
19-08-2015, 08:33 PM
It's no our business anymore.We got other fish to fry.Lets wish him good luck.
Maybe he'll come back late in his career.

Harpandcastle
19-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Carries on the way he's going and a move upwards both in standard of league and earnings is bound to come. Would be amazed if someone down south or abroad didn't take a punt on him. Whether he'd be interested in going id be less sure of.

Stevie Reid
19-08-2015, 08:49 PM

How is it a disgrace exactly? We tried and Wolves point blank refused to sell to us.

From their point of view, his loan to us was perfect - he went back a far better player than when he left, and was first team ready after banging in 40 goals in two seasons. After scoring more goals for them, Wolves sold him to Celtic for way more than we could ever afford, and made almost a million pounds profit. Great business for them.

Didn't work out too badly for us either, really.

Bostonhibby
19-08-2015, 08:59 PM

We'd have needed a patron like Vladimir Romanov to believe in to fund that one to be honest.

The Green Goblin
19-08-2015, 09:02 PM
This thread. Why? Just......why?

johnbc70
19-08-2015, 09:05 PM
I genuinely wish him all the best, we should be proud a true 100% hibee is doing so well. Yes its at another club but he is now at a different level and I am sure if we could match everything he has at Celtic he would be here in a flash. The days of champions league and paying thousands a week might be a few years away yet though....

Sir David Gray
19-08-2015, 09:05 PM

Hibbyradge
19-08-2015, 09:11 PM

https://genderculturesociety.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/implied-facepalm.jpg

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Worships Hibs so much he signed for that pondlife and kisses their badge.

Iceman1875
19-08-2015, 09:33 PM
I wish him nothing but the best of luck. He will always be a hibee.

At Easter Road we play...

GreenArmyyy!
19-08-2015, 10:51 PM
I will be forever thankful to have had the opportunity to see such a fantastic player in a Hibs strip. Allan on the other hand can enjoy sitting in the stand for the rest of his days.

Onceinawhile
19-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Sparky is quite easily the second best striker we've seen in the last 20 years ffs. We had no chance of getting him on a proper deal and even if we did, he wouldn't be here!!!

Jones28
19-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Give it up ffs, going over old ground for the umpteenth time isn't going to get him to re-sign for Hibs.

Nutmegged
20-08-2015, 01:10 AM
Started the Season amazingly well, 6 goals from 5 starts, two goals in the Play-Off round of the Champions League, the Sky is the limiy for him, I want Celtic to qualify for the group stage proper as I want to see Sparky get his chance in the Champions League, the boy done good

jacomo
20-08-2015, 01:48 AM

Drinking, aye?

Onion
20-08-2015, 05:49 AM
Griffiths always looked too good for Hibs. He deserves to be playing at a higher level, surrounded by better players. Get over it.

Alex Trager
20-08-2015, 07:29 AM
Sparky is quite easily the second best striker we've seen in the last 20 years ffs. We had no chance of getting him on a proper deal and even if we did, he wouldn't be here!!!

I reckon his career will prove he is the best we have had in the last twenty years.

That is, if it has not already

Onceinawhile
20-08-2015, 07:33 AM
I reckon his career will prove he is the best we have had in the last twenty years.

He might have the most ability. But he isn't the player whose done the most for us in that period imo.

bigwheel
20-08-2015, 07:41 AM

...in that time period both Scott Brown and Stephen Whittaker have already achieved more in the game than Griffiths will..including international caps...and not sure if that time period would also include John Collins - if it did, he also achieved more than Griffiths will ever get near..

He is a talent, no doubt, but not a top level international talent..

Hibernian Verse
20-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Delighted to see him doing well and scoring braces in the Champions League.

Couldn't care less if he kisses the Celtic badge, he fits in there finally and won over the fans.

He has a short career so I for one will not wish him any bad luck!

He'll be back at Easter Road at some point, of that I'm sure - he's certainly no Kenny Miller.

Alex Trager
20-08-2015, 08:21 AM
He might have the most ability. But he isn't the player whose done the most for us in that period imo.

Agreed.

Alex Trager
20-08-2015, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;4445957 in that time period both Scott Brown and Stephen Whittaker have already achieved more in the game than Griffiths will..including international caps...and not sure if that time period would also include John Collins - if it did, he also achieved more than Griffiths will ever get near..

He is a talent, no doubt, but not a top level international talent..[/QUOTE]

We are talking strikers. Nowhere else on the park.

But it's premature to say they two will achieve more than Leigh, considering one has stayed in Scottish football all his career.

Leigh is only twenty five today. Plenty time to keep progressing and prove he is then best we have had.

Let's have this discussion in five years and then we can truly compare across the players

Aritch
20-08-2015, 08:24 AM
The Malmo players were less than complimentary about the behaviour of Griffiths, Brown and others last night.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/20/celtic-players-pigs-children-malmo

alexhibs
20-08-2015, 09:17 AM

My thoughts exactly when he scored first goal, total gutting

Jim44
20-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Terrific player but any notion that he would have hung around Hibs for very long is wishful thinking and hardly worth feeling gutted about.

worcesterhibby
20-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Op's like this make me want to give up reading Hibs.net sometimes. Away and kick the cat and stop stirring.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140818015225/fantendo/images/2/23/Batman-facepalm.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
20-08-2015, 06:50 PM
The Daily Mirror today claims Norwich are interested in signing Sparky and allowing Hooper to return to Celtic.

silverhibee
20-08-2015, 09:54 PM
I think Griffiths will move at the end of this window and head South.

Criswell
20-08-2015, 09:55 PM
I don't know if we did have a realistic chance to sign him.There were certainly plenty of rumours at the time, especially when we got him on loan for a second season. (150k?)
All I can say is, if we had signed he would have most probably kept us in the top division with his goals, he would also probably not still be with us now but we would have received a substantial transfer fee for him.

Ronniekirk
20-08-2015, 10:04 PM

Behave yourself Silver .He has buckled down and shown a desire to work hard and improve as a player .He has given them a lead to take to Malmo and will probably start and score in the next game I can't see Celtic wanting rid of him just now .

AgentDaleCooper
20-08-2015, 10:10 PM
https://youtu.be/w_FaVUK-Vuk

I honestly think he'll be back one day, maybe in 5 years, maybe more, maybe less....but one day.

Jim44
20-08-2015, 10:29 PM

Behave yourself Silver .He has buckled down and shown a desire to work hard and improve as a player .He has given them a lead to take to Malmo and will probably start and score in the next game I can't see Celtic wanting rid of him just now .

I'm looking for a smilie or some sign of irony or sarcasm in your statement, S., but I can't find it.

heretoday
20-08-2015, 11:35 PM
He'll be back at ER in five or so years.

We'll still be here.

AgentDaleCooper
21-08-2015, 01:32 AM
The Daily Mirror today claims Norwich are interested in signing Sparky and allowing Hooper to return to Celtic.
That would be a great move for him - I'd love to see him in the EPL, and Neil seems to be a seriously good manager...sign a 4 year deal with them, see it out then head back home please, Leigh - we all know you'd rather be here anyway :greengrin

lucky
21-08-2015, 07:17 AM
That would be a great move for him - I'd love to see him in the EPL, and Neil seems to be a seriously good manager...sign a 4 year deal with them, see it out then head back home please, Leigh - we all know you'd rather be here anyway :greengrin

Too soon for LG to go to the EPL. He should stay at Celtic for a couple of seasons then look to move on.

.Sean.
21-08-2015, 07:39 AM
He'll be back at ER in five or so years.

We'll still be here.
As much chance of me of you signing for Hibs as that happening

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 08:14 AM
What's the situation with Griffiths' charge for the Skacel song?

Betty Boop
21-08-2015, 10:27 AM

Really ? What about all his bairns, or weans ? :rolleyes:

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Really ? What about all his bairns, or weans ? :rolleyes:

Maybe East Anglia is in need of re-population and he's going down there to do his bit.

TheFamous1875
21-08-2015, 10:46 AM

If he has as successful a career as he is capable of, he will choose to return to Hibs at the end of it.

Jim44
21-08-2015, 10:55 AM
If he has as successful a career as he is capable of, he will choose to return to Hibs at the end of it.

Personally, I hope that our team is too good and successful when he comes to the end of his career, making an emotional swan song return redundant. Good luck to him in the meantime.

silverhibee
21-08-2015, 11:07 AM

Always on my best behaviour Ronnie, a wee court case to come up next month where if found guilty and LG will get a banning order from all Scottish football grounds and the SFA will hammer him as well, if found guilty, lucky they have Cifti coming back from his biting ban soon.

So yeah, i can see him moving down South this window.

johnbc70
21-08-2015, 11:20 AM
A banning order would be a stange one and would it be enforceable I wonder considering he is a Pro footballer. Sure it must breach his human rights or something similar.

Disgrace it ever got to this stage considering what goes on every week in grounds around the country.

bill the hibby
21-08-2015, 11:32 AM
It is a strange one huh, pro footballer playing his trade in Scotland and banned from all Scottish grounds

heretoday
21-08-2015, 04:24 PM

I don't agree. His options are to stay at Parkhead and become a legend or leave Celtic for England or abroad in a couple of years. I don't think he will improve all that much as a player in that time so he will head for a Championship or lower Prem side most likely.

But he's already tried that with less than sensational results.

The worst scenario for us would be the Celtic one. If he goes south or overseas he'll make a few bob and head for home.