PDA

View Full Version : 200 Tickets Left For Ibrox

Since1875Hibs
19-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Confirmed by Nicola in the ticket office this afternoon.

C'mon folks, get along if you can.

Home end is nearly sold out.

Ringothedog
19-08-2015, 07:37 PM
Confirmed by Nicola in the ticket office this afternoon.

C'mon folks, get along if you can.

Home end is nearly sold out.

That means we have sold nearly 800 for a Sunday early kick off,live on telly game at a ground that our fans traditionally don't travel too. Would be great if we sell out but I won't lose sleep over it and fully understand why our fans don't go there.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2015, 07:46 PM
That means we have sold nearly 800 for a Sunday early kick off,live on telly game at a ground that our fans traditionally don't travel too. Would be great if we sell out but I won't lose sleep over it and fully understand why our fans don't go there.

I can understand it as well although I did think we would end up selling our allocation for this match.

I'm less certain now if we have around 20% of our allocation unsold with just three days left to buy tickets. I can't see 200 tickets being sold by Saturday afternoon.

Since1875Hibs
19-08-2015, 07:48 PM

We've had a lot of supporters livid that Sevco haven't given us more tickets for the last 4-5 games, so have to disagree with your post. Where are all those who were complaining last time?

B.H.F.C
19-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Games against Rangers are our biggest of the season. Pretty poor if we can't shift 1000 tickets.

CorrieHibs
19-08-2015, 07:57 PM
I can't believe we haven't sold out.....very poor

liamh2202
19-08-2015, 07:57 PM
I usually go but because I go with my boy I'm giving this one a miss. He can usually handle the atmosphere and we go downstairs at halftime but after the Allan saga I think it will be worse than usual and its not worth the risk I'm afraid. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Pathetic sales really, but i've got my ticket & will be there - will be nowhere better to be if we win again.

Ringothedog
19-08-2015, 08:02 PM
We've had a lot of supporters livid that Sevco haven't given us more tickets for the last 4-5 games, so have to disagree with your post. Where are all those who were complaining last time?

They will be sitting in their houses watching it or in the pub watching it. That is their choice, I will be there but I am not looking forward to the abuse and hassle that I will get from their fans, stewards and police especially as I am traveling by train.

GreenArmyyy!
19-08-2015, 08:02 PM
No excuses with TV, k.o time etc, embarrassing not to sell what is a pathetic allocation. Where are the supporters who were fighting for the last Ibrox tickets?

IanM
19-08-2015, 08:04 PM
I've got to admit I took my eye of this. Didn't renew this season and after seeing the 7 waves I automatically ruled it out. I didn't think if this would go to general sale so just didn't bother checking again.

Will go get a couple now!

Probably done to death but 7 waves not a bit too much?

Pretty Boy
19-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Poor really especially considering the fuss about our allocation a couple of months ago. A game that was also a crap kick off time and on TV.

Sure St Mirren sold out their allocation a couple of weeks back.

HH81
19-08-2015, 08:09 PM
I will be in a pub in Rochdale instead, get to see both games then.

Does anyone really care how many tickets are sold?

Ringothedog
19-08-2015, 08:09 PM
No excuses with TV, k.o time etc, embarrassing not to sell what is a pathetic allocation. Where are the supporters who were fighting for the last Ibrox tickets?

There is nothing embarrassing about it. I have been to ibrox when we have had a maximum of 200. People can make choices and this weekend our fans have decided not to travel. It's not that big a deal.

FromTheCapital
19-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Sick of this stuff. If Hibs don't have at least 1000 fans buzzing for a trip to Rangers then something is severely wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr White
19-08-2015, 08:12 PM
I usually go but because I go with my boy I'm giving this one a miss. He can usually handle the atmosphere and we go downstairs at halftime but after the Allan saga I think it will be worse than usual and its not worth the risk I'm afraid. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation

:agree: it'll be a long time before I bring my boy there. If ever.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Not embarrassed I will be there, as a club it's pathetic though.

QMU-1875
19-08-2015, 08:13 PM
The excuses are ridiculous. Stop giving "fans" excuses and start coaxing people into going.

Lucius Apuleius
19-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Not set foot in it since around '89. Won't be back, ever.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Sick of this stuff. If Hibs don't have at least 1000 fans buzzing for a trip to Rangers then something is severely wrong!

Hibs playing in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for a minimum of 2 seasons, and you don't know that there is something severely wrong? :confused:

FromTheCapital
19-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Hibs playing in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for a minimum of 2 seasons, and you don't know that there is something severely wrong? :confused:

That's a problem I agree but that's not what my point was about.

SlickShoes
19-08-2015, 08:16 PM
no thanks, no matter what league we are in I won't go back there having spent an entire half as a kid being spat on etc from above.

EDIT: I'll be at many other away games this season just not this place.

liamh2202
19-08-2015, 08:17 PM
The excuses are ridiculous. Stop giving "fans" excuses and start coaxing people into going.

Really??? And who are you to judge who's excuses (reasons!!) Are not good enough... Enjoy the game from your high horse. I'll enjoy it with my lad from the safety of the couch ( he's six and regularly goes to away games with me including ibrox, unfortunately I have deemed this one too big a risk... My bad)

NORTHERNHIBBY
Got my tickets, but Ibrox is a purile venue and I would not blame anyone for not going.

hibs0666
I love going to Ibrox, best game of the season.

cleanyman
19-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I thought it would sell out with the season ticket holders so bought one for the home end.

Ouch.

liamh2202
19-08-2015, 08:23 PM
I thought it would sell out with the season ticket holders so bought one for the home end.

Ouch.

You should be able to get a refund it if you return it before the game

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2015, 08:26 PM
I don't blame any parent giving it a miss with their kids. The atmosphere is going to be poisonous. I only hope the police and stewards are on their mettle.

Since1875Hibs
19-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Really??? And who are you to judge who's excuses (reasons!!) Are not good enough... Enjoy the game from your high horse. I'll enjoy it with my lad from the safety of the couch ( he's six and regularly goes to away games with me including ibrox, unfortunately I have deemed this one too big a risk... My bad)

Judging by the majority of your posts, it's you on the high horse.

.Sean.
19-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Absolutely spewing I'm missing this :rolleyes:

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 08:28 PM

For all those who don't want to take young kids there are thousands who would go if it suited them - but can't be arsed. Fair enough, but these are the people who greet when they can't get a ticket on the rare occasions they feel like going to a game.

liamh2202
19-08-2015, 08:30 PM
For all those who don't want to take young kids there are thousands who would go if it suited them - but can't be arsed. Fair enough, but these are the people who greet when they can't get a ticket on the rare occasions they feel like going to a game.

Yeh I understand that ., just in the context of this thread I was the only one that posted an excuse. Maybe shouldn't have taken it personal but hey ho . ggtth

Alfred E Newman
19-08-2015, 08:36 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised at the slow sales. It reflects the growing lack of confidence running through the support at the moment. The consequence of the Allan transfer, an unsettled team , poor start to the season and the realisation that we are in for a real struggle to get out of this league . A win on Sunday would go a long way to putting things right but the signs are not good.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2015, 08:42 PM

Does this really happen?:confused:

Scottie
19-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Does this really happen?:confused:
Of course it does.

Where you been for the last few years ? :wink:

Ronniekirk
19-08-2015, 08:47 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised at the slow sales. It reflects the growing lack of confidence running through the support at the moment. The consequence of the Allan transfer, an unsettled team , poor start to the season and the realisation that we are in for a real struggle to get out of this league . A win on Sunday would go a long way to putting things right but the signs are not good.

I have said on other threads we could of done with this fixture in another three or four weeks .I didn't miss a game at Ibrox last year ,including sitting in home end for play off game there ,and I won't miss this one .But you can't argue with parents saying they wouldn't take their children there .
They will be up for it as will the crowd ,but still looking forward to seeing what we have learnt after that first game at Easter Road and we have a few more options now

Sir David Gray
19-08-2015, 08:50 PM

Ouch.

Just return it to Sevco and get your money back or sell it to a hun for £50. :greengrin

Then phone Hibs and buy a ticket for our end.

You couldn't pay me enough to sit in the home end at Ibrox.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Parents even Considering taking children to Ibrox is a recent thing!
Brought about because it's so much safer going there now, but FFS there should be enough of us to sell out 1000 tickets easily.

GreenCastle
19-08-2015, 08:54 PM

:agree:

If we had performed better in the cup game against them and beaten Dumbarton in first game then this would have sold out quickly.

Those who do go Sunday I am sure will give a great backing as always :flag:

SkintHibby
19-08-2015, 08:58 PM

I blame Petrie.:agree:

Lago
19-08-2015, 09:05 PM
No excuse from me I'll never go near the place even if you payed me. Was in a supporters bus many years ago that had its windows put in, scared you bet I was.

Lago
19-08-2015, 09:07 PM
:top marks

Sir David Gray
19-08-2015, 09:09 PM
No excuse from me I'll never go near the place even if you payed me. Was in a supporters bus many years ago that had its windows put in, scared you bet I was.

That was close to happening to the supporters bus in front of me in the line of traffic waiting to approach the stadium before the play off match last season.

A couple of them started kicking at the door and tried to open it several times before spitting at the bus windows and banging on the side of the bus.

I honestly thought my car was going to be next.

Complete animals.

Lmc2105
19-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Gutted I am missing this!! However I have an exam to pass!! :(

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 09:15 PM
That was close to happening to the supporters bus in front of me in the line of traffic waiting to approach the stadium before the play off match last season.

A couple of them started kicking at the door and tried to open it several times before spitting at the bus windows and banging on the side of the bus.

I honestly thought my car was going to be next.

Complete animals.

WE've all got anecdotes - had people wanting to fight me in Falkirk, been abused & threatened going to Easter Road, we've all got stories to tell - Ibrox is an experience but the idea that it's stepping into some kind of hell is an absolute fallacy.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2015, 09:18 PM
WE've all got anecdotes - had people wanting to fight me in Falkirk, been abused & threatened going to Easter Road, we've all got stories to tell - Ibrox is an experience but the idea that it's stepping into some kind of hell is an absolute fallacy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going on Sunday but it is quite an intimidating place to go to and the atmosphere can be quite poisonous as well.

It's not somewhere I would visit with a young child for example.

Mr White
19-08-2015, 09:19 PM

Aye but some of us wear clothes and steer clear of the glass pipe. Makes us easier targets for the cavemen eh :greengrin

Lago
19-08-2015, 09:26 PM
My father in law had half a brick come through the bus window, we were on the floor to avoid injury. An experience, a fallacy, forget it we weren't abused or threatened we were physically attacked.

CallumLaidlaw
19-08-2015, 09:28 PM

You definitely aren't. Take my 10 year to a lot of away games and was at Ibrox twice last season, but I think there's gonna be extra needle in this, and with them close to sell out, I don't fancy putting him through it

green&left
19-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Not surprised.

Our travelling support to games in the central belt when we're expected to win can be very very good. Generally however our away support is pretty pish. Especially when the going gets tough...

cleanyman
19-08-2015, 09:37 PM
My father in law had half a brick come through the bus window, we were on the floor to avoid injury. An experience, a fallacy, forget it we weren't abused or threatened we were physically attacked.

That's happenned at Tynecastle and even our beloved Easter Road.

Ibrox is no different.

FranckSuzy
19-08-2015, 09:50 PM

A friend of mine (female) had to endure 90 minutes of abuse and threats at a game through there last season. She was with her children and the stewards did nothing.

Say what you want about those who don't go but I for one will never set foot in Ibrox for a Hibs game.

Lago
19-08-2015, 09:51 PM
That's happenned at Tynecastle and even our beloved Easter Road.

Ibrox is no different.
That makes me feel a lot better, but I have never experienced that at ER and I have been going for many many years, I will never attend either of the OF games. If that makes me less of a supporter so be it.

Eyrie
19-08-2015, 09:54 PM
And despite all the bad experiences that our fans (and those of other clubs) have had for many years, the law of the land will be ignored by Police Strathclyde as usual.

Scouse Hibee
19-08-2015, 09:55 PM

Excuses! Folk have reasons for not going, they certainly don't have to justify them to you or anyone else.

Carheenlea
19-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Ibrox is not everyone's cup of tea, and to be fair it is not a young child or family friendly away day for Hibs supporters. That said, you can say the same about Tynecastle but there are always 4000 odd pitching up there. I'm sure we will shift most of the remainder by Sunday, and those that are there will do their bit in backing the team in what might be a tough game for us. Bottom line is, if we have aspirations in winning the league, we have to be going to Ibrox looking to win. Looking forward to this.

lucky
19-08-2015, 10:13 PM
We are currently getting around 8000 for a home game so 10% travelling to Ibrox is not that bad. The reality is that Hibs are not as big a club as some make out. We have been in the wilderness for years and now are support is shirking. Fans will return when they see a decent team on the park but we are a long way off that happening. Those who are going hope you have a ball

silverhibee
19-08-2015, 10:15 PM
I don't blame any parent giving it a miss with their kids. The atmosphere is going to be poisonous. I only hope the police and stewards are on their mettle.

It's always like that when we play them, not aimed at you but FFS it is only a game of football in Glasgow and yes they will be nasty and sing unpleasant songs, nothing new really from them though, we ain't going to Syria to play ISIS then i could understand folks concerns but let not be soft touches and go all feared because we are playing big bad The Rangers and folk are feared to go because it might be a poisonous atmosphere.

Can't wait for the game.

GGTTH

silverhibee
19-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Absolutely spewing I'm missing this :rolleyes:

Just not good enough Sean. :greengrin

Waxy
19-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Think the last time i was there was the Skol cup semi in 85. A good 1-0 loss meant we went through. Awful place to visit.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 10:40 PM
It's always like that when we play them, not aimed at you but FFS it is only a game of football in Glasgow and yes they will be nasty and sing unpleasant songs, nothing new really from them though, we ain't going to Syria to play ISIS then i could understand folks concerns but let not be soft touches and go all feared because we are playing big bad The Rangers and folk are feared to go because it might be a poisonous atmosphere.

Can't wait for the game.

GGTTH

:agree:

GreenArmyyy!
19-08-2015, 10:42 PM

Correct, people saying it's ok not to muster up 950 fans against our title rivals, this is exactly why we will never be successful, if the game was at home tomorrow there would be 8000-9000 more fans, now I understand some have genuine reasons they can't go to the game or some who won't because of treatment at Ibrox etc but if we want to go anywhere in football then we actually need to start supporting our team. For the first time since 2005 I missed a trip to Ibrox last season (midweek 0-2 win) and that was because for love nor money I could not get a ticket. Where are those supporters now? Or the ones moaning for a bigger allocation in the play offs?

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 10:50 PM
We are currently getting around 8000 for a home game so 10% travelling to Ibrox is not that bad. The reality is that Hibs are not as big a club as some make out. We have been in the wilderness for years and now are support is shirking. Fans will return when they see a decent team on the park but we are a long way off that happening. Those who are going hope you have a ball

To be honest this is what's most upsetting, I don't want Hibs to be but a small club taking maybe a few hundred to away games only 40 miles away - that we have reached that point & people don't recognise it because they are too busy making up excuses is ridiculous. Why not just be honesst and say, we are crap and will probably lose, and I dont want to see it?

GreenCastle
19-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Correct, people saying it's ok not to muster up 950 fans against our title rivals, this is exactly why we will never be successful, if the game was at home tomorrow there would be 8000-9000 more fans, now I understand some have genuine reasons they can't go to the game or some who won't because of treatment at Ibrox etc but if we want to go anywhere in football then we actually need to start supporting our team. For the first time since 2005 I missed a trip to Ibrox last season (midweek 0-2 win) and that was because for love nor money I could not get a ticket. Where are those supporters now? Or the ones moaning for a bigger allocation in the play offs?

The fans have shown amazing support over the last few years considering the number of times we have been let down. Many other clubs wouldn't even get close to our crowds if they had been in same situation.

Similar threads like this will continue to pop up until we are back performing and in the league we should be in.

The board and club have been poorly run for several years and this is the knock on effect.

As other clubs have shown - crowds aren't everything - the most important thing on Sunday is the team turn up and win.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2015, 06:07 AM
To be honest this is what's most upsetting, I don't want Hibs to be but a small club taking maybe a few hundred to away games only 40 miles away - that we have reached that point & people don't recognise it because they are too busy making up excuses is ridiculous. Why not just be honesst and say, we are crap and will probably lose, and I dont want to see it?

Who's making up excuses?????

I'm not going because A i cant be arsed getting up early and travelling, and B it's on the telly.

And you will never hear me greeting that i can't get a ticket for ANY game i may want to go to in the past or future.

bigwheel
20-08-2015, 06:24 AM
The thing that is most disappointing about this is that it tells me that most fans feel we will get beat - our pre season optimism is gone - most are already assuming we are also rans...

It also reminds me that most wins there have been in circumstances like that - let's hope this weekend is another

SlickShoes
20-08-2015, 06:50 AM

We need to start supporting the team, haha.

We need the fans with us, beat 7-0 by Malmö, we need the fans with us, thumped 5-1 by hearts, we need the fans with us, chuck away a two goal lead to be relegated, we need the fans with us, fail to do anything in the run up to relegation, we need the fans with us, lose a goal to St Mirren after seconds, we need he fans with us, lose the play off and play terribly.

The fans aren't the problem, the team is, if hibs played halfway decent football folk would go see them. So far after all of that plus a second cup final loss to Celtic and semi loss to Falkirk, and our start to this season being thumped by them 6-2 you think folk should be excited to go to games? I think it's ***** we don't get more fans through the gate but looking at the last few years you can't blame anyone for thinking it's no worth it.

StevieC
20-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Not set foot in it since around '89. Won't be back, ever.

I'm the same. I've travelled far and wide but refuse to go to either Ibrox or Parkhead.

Steve20
20-08-2015, 08:26 AM

Who are you to tell people how to spend their weekends? No one needs an excuse not to go. If they don't want to, it's their business.

Again, if people don't want to go then that's up to them. Sorry, but some prefer to watch away games in the pub or in the house if it's on TV. Their choice.

Far too much gets made about attendances. It's not like it inspires the team. Malmo, Hearts final, Celtic final, Playoff v Hamilton.

Ronniekirk
20-08-2015, 08:30 AM
I hope someone is going to check later on today how many tickets are left as we don't want to be replying to a thread with title 200 tickets left ,when there may only be three left or dare I say it we end up selling our Allocation .:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
20-08-2015, 08:33 AM
I hope someone is going to check later on today how many tickets are left as we don't want to be replying to a thread with title 200 tickets left ,when there may only be three left or dare I say it we end up selling our Allocation .:rolleyes:

over to you then Ronnie:na na:

GreenArmyyy!
20-08-2015, 08:59 AM

We need the fans with us, beat 7-0 by Malmö, we need the fans with us, thumped 5-1 by hearts, we need the fans with us, chuck away a two goal lead to be relegated, we need the fans with us, fail to do anything in the run up to relegation, we need the fans with us, lose a goal to St Mirren after seconds, we need he fans with us, lose the play off and play terribly.

The fans aren't the problem, the team is, if hibs played halfway decent football folk would go see them. So far after all of that plus a second cup final loss to Celtic and semi loss to Falkirk, and our start to this season being thumped by them 6-2 you think folk should be excited to go to games? I think it's ***** we don't get more fans through the gate but looking at the last few years you can't blame anyone for thinking it's no worth it.

What do you mean by half decent football? We finished second in a very difficult league last year playing what I would describe as half decent football. We went on a streak of losing about 1 in 24 games last year and still couldn't muster more than 9000 fans at home. The club have made all the right steps, built bridges with the support, stood firm on the Allan situation and we won't get behind them. What happened with Malmo, Hearts etc has happened but wasn't under the tenure of Stubbs and Leanne. To use the Falkirk semi is ridiculous, that was actually one of the better performances I have seen at hampden and nothing to do with bottling it either, the ball just wouldn't go in to the net. We better be careful because I am actually starting to worry about the quality of player we are signing and what implication this is having financially.

Since90+2
20-08-2015, 09:06 AM
What do you mean by half decent football? We finished second in a very difficult league last year playing what I would describe as half decent football. We went on a streak of losing about 1 in 24 games last year and still couldn't muster more than 9000 fans at home. The club have made all the right steps, built bridges with the support, stood firm on the Allan situation and we won't get behind them. What happened with Malmo, Hearts etc has happened but wasn't under the tenure of Stubbs and Leanne. To use the Falkirk semi is ridiculous, that was actually one of the better performances I have seen at hampden and nothing to do with bottling it either, the ball just wouldn't go in to the net. We better be careful because I am actually starting to worry about the quality of player we are signing and what implication this is having financially.

In general I agree with the point you are making but that bit in bold is nonsense. The Scottish Championship is not a 'very difficult" league. Rangers last season were horrendous , if they were in the Premiership last year they would be relegation candidates.

GreenArmyyy!
20-08-2015, 09:18 AM
In general I agree with the point you are making but that bit in bold is nonsense. The Scottish Championship is not a 'very difficult" league. Rangers last season were horrendous , if they were in the Premiership last year they would be relegation candidates.

Can't even begin to agree with that, fair enough the bottom half are garbage but the top half of the championship would more than hold their own in the Premiership. I don't care how much prep we had last year, Hearts we never going to lose that league. Rangers however bad they were are still spending ridiculous amounts on wages. QOS and Falkirk are both good sides as well.

hailhail22
20-08-2015, 09:26 AM
I've been to most away grounds to watch hibs but never ibrox, hear far to many stories everytime we play them there which is always enough to put me off going, probably the same as a lot of people, I am going on Sunday though 😃 anywhere close for away fans to park ?

Keith_M
20-08-2015, 09:28 AM
I think the 'intimidating atmosphere' thing is a bit overplayed.

Fair enough don't take your children if you don't want but I don't actually think it's as bad as some folk are making out.

Anyway, what's with the sudden obsession of not selling out? It's only in the last few years that we've started to take a decent support to league games through there anyway and people didn't talk about how embarrassing it was that we had a small support.

I sometimes feel that some people just can't wait to knock the club or their fellow supporters at any given opportunity. A few of them have already posted on this thread

Mango Man
20-08-2015, 09:29 AM

100% spot on, how many kicks in the baws do the fans have to take?! I'm amazed we still get 9 thousand at games, there is not many clubs that have had to put up with what we have, we are literally a laughing stock in Scottish football, the only banter I can have with other football fans is about how inept we are and always really have been.

Keith_M
20-08-2015, 09:30 AM
I've been to most away grounds to watch hibs but never ibrox, hear far to many stories everytime we play them there which is always enough to put me off going, probably the same as a lot of people, I am going on Sunday though  anywhere close for away fans to park ?

There's an official car park for away fans directly opposite the entrance to our section of the ground.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2015, 09:31 AM
I've been to most away grounds to watch hibs but never ibrox, hear far to many stories everytime we play them there which is always enough to put me off going, probably the same as a lot of people, I am going on Sunday though 😃 anywhere close for away fans to park ?

There's a car park right across the road from the away fans' entrance which is designated for away fans. Think it's about £8 per car which is worth it to ensure the safety of your vehicle.

CallumLaidlaw
20-08-2015, 09:35 AM
There's a car park right across the road from the away fans' entrance which is designated for away fans. Think it's about £8 per car which is worth it to ensure the safety of your vehicle.

I would totally recommend this car park. I've used it on my last 2 visits. 100 yards from the entrance to the stadium, and theres security at the car park the whole time.

hailhail22
20-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Perfect !!! Cheers guys 👍

Kojock
20-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Been to every Hibs game at Ibrox from 1985 up until last season. Decided enough was enough, paying good money to be treated like something brought in on the sole of your shoe so didn't attend either of the two league matches. For the play off game I reluctantly bought a ticket and soon remembered why I had given up attending Ibrox. £28 for a ticket, £7 to park the car, held in the stadium for 30 minutes after the game, not being allowed to even go to the toilet during that time. Then spent two hours stuck in traffic in the ar5ehole of the world called Govan.

So on Sunday I will be staying at home watching on the TV, knowing that I haven't donated £28 to that shower of bigoted vermin.

Scouse Hibee
20-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Football only rules my life every other weekend these days. Much prefer lunch and a few beers up town on a Saturday afternoon with the missus rather than away days. Must be an age thing.

frazeHFC
20-08-2015, 10:03 AM
After all of our moaning last season at only getting 900 tickets, bit embarrassing if we don't sell out this batch.

Can't wait for it though, a sold out Ibrox, but us making all the noise in the corner hopefully!

Keith_M
20-08-2015, 10:08 AM
After all of our moaning last season at only getting 900 tickets, bit embarrassing if we don't sell out this batch.

Can't wait for it though, a sold out Ibrox, but us making all the noise in the corner hopefully!

If you mean the play-off game, it's really not the same situation. This is a run of the mill league game, not a play off to see who gets promoted.

We took 5,500 to a cup game a few years back but we can't expect that number for every run of the mill league game either.

GreenArmyyy!
20-08-2015, 10:13 AM
If you mean the play-off game, it's really not the same situation. This is a run of the mill league game, not a play off to see who gets promoted.

We took 5,500 to a cup game a few years back but we can't expect that number for every run of the mill league game either.

We were also moaning about the allocation for the Lewis Stevenson game.

frazeHFC
20-08-2015, 10:14 AM

Nope I was meaning the league game there before that. Not having a go at anyone cos I've missed games this season already, just hopefully we can shift the remaining tickets.

Keith_M
20-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Nope I was meaning the league game there before that. Not having a go at anyone cos I've missed games this season already, just hopefully we can shift the remaining tickets.

Fairy nuff

:aok:

Hibs90
20-08-2015, 10:25 AM
[I'm guessing there is still tickets left as of today then?

Since90+2
20-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Can't even begin to agree with that, fair enough the bottom half are garbage but the top half of the championship would more than hold their own in the Premiership. I don't care how much prep we had last year, Hearts we never going to lose that league. Rangers however bad they were are still spending ridiculous amounts on wages. QOS and Falkirk are both good sides as well.

Sorry but QOS and Falkirk are not good sides. There is a reason they are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football and have been for years ie they are not very good.

Lets not try and gloss over things by saying things like the 2nd level of Scottish football is "very tough" when its clearly not.

GreenArmyyy!
20-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Sorry but QOS and Falkirk are not good sides. There is a reason they are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football and have been for years ie they are not very good.

Lets not try and gloss over things by saying things like the 2nd level of Scottish football is "very tough" when its clearly not.

We will agree to disagree....

HappyHanlon
20-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Couldn't possibly miss this match - where else would I get my fix of missiles raining down on me while getting verbally assaulted with every sectarian ditty going!

If there's one thing SevCo and their following of Orcs hate, it's getting beat by us!

I'll be there :agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree:

Frazerbob
20-08-2015, 11:38 AM
I would totally recommend this car park. I've used it on my last 2 visits. 100 yards from the entrance to the stadium, and theres security at the car park the whole time.

Only time in 20 odd years of driving to Ibrox I used the official car park, I got lifted during the game (for **** all I may add). Kept in Govan nick overnight then couldn't my car back as it was locked up. Disaster!
Every other time I park on the road to right just past the car park, outside the old derelict pub. Never had any bother and you don't get held back by the cops until the entire Hun support is back in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Inverness or checked in for their ferries. Oh and it doesn't cost £6 or £8, whatever it is these days.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Couldn't possibly miss this match - where else would I get my fix of missiles raining down on me while getting verbally assaulted with every sectarian ditty going!

If there's one thing SevCo and their following of Orcs hate, it's getting beat by us!

I'll be there :agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree:

And that's just by the stewards! :greengrin

Bristolhibby
20-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Traveling up over Christmas, can I ask that there is a similar amount of tickets for the Public Sale for the Boxing Day game please, otherwise it's flying up to watch it in the Harp & Castle for me.

Cheers

J

yerauldda
20-08-2015, 12:23 PM
2 tickets just purchased

KeithTheHibby
20-08-2015, 01:42 PM
I think the 'intimidating atmosphere' thing is a bit overplayed.

Fair enough don't take your children if you don't want but I don't actually think it's as bad as some folk are making out.

Anyway, what's with the sudden obsession of not selling out? It's only in the last few years that we've started to take a decent support to league games through there anyway and people didn't talk about how embarrassing it was that we had a small support.

I sometimes feel that some people just can't wait to knock the club or their fellow supporters at any given opportunity. A few of them have already posted on this thread

I have never found the atmosphere intimidating, more horrible. I was at the play off game and it really was a poisonious atmosphere.
Coupled with the fact that we get shoehorned into a small corner of the ground. I also won't ever bother mentioning the way the Police treat our fans whilst letting their ****my mob away with anything.

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2015, 02:57 PM
100% spot on, how many kicks in the baws do the fans have to take?! I'm amazed we still get 9 thousand at games, there is not many clubs that have had to put up with what we have, we are literally a laughing stock in Scottish football, the only banter I can have with other football fans is about how inept we are and always really have been.

Why bother?

PatHead
20-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Went in to collect mine at lunchtime and was told there was a steady stream of sales today. Still nowhere near sold out though.

green&left
20-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Excuses! Folk have reasons for not going, they certainly don't have to justify them to you or anyone else.

Its the same ol' pish though. Someone threw a pie at me in 1984. I don't like their loyalist dittys. Big bad glesga polis. Its on the tele etc etc. Didn't hear/read these excuses very often last season when we had 3 sellouts at Ibrox.

These only come out when we're expecting a gubbing. Just come out and say I think we'll get beat so can't be ersed with the cash/hassle. I know a few folk in that category. Its no biggy.

brassmonkeybar
20-08-2015, 03:13 PM
No intention of going to that cess pit of bigotry. But if there is still tickets left i mite need to buy one just to top up the loyalty points :)

Canon Hannan
20-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Its the same ol' pish though. Someone threw a pie at me in 1984. I don't like their loyalist dittys. Big bad glesga polis. Its on the tele etc etc. Didn't hear/read these excuses very often last season when we had 3 sellouts at Ibrox.

These only come out when we're expecting a gubbing. Just come out and say I think we'll get beat so can't be ersed with the cash/hassle. I know a few folk in that category. Its no biggy.

If we were playing well we would take 1000 easy.
But we can win this game and a big 3 points that would be. The Petro chemical cup is irrelevant.
Huge game actually, pity I have to travel to see junior play Liverpool the day before or I would be there.
Come on the Hibees!!!!

Purehibee_MYB
20-08-2015, 03:46 PM
I live in Glasgow. If I bought them tonight, would they get delivered in time? If not I won't be able to collect from Edinburgh?

SteveHFC
20-08-2015, 03:49 PM
I live in Glasgow. If I bought them tonight, would they get delivered in time? If not I won't be able to collect from Edinburgh?

You disgust me :wink:

But still i hear MYB will be making a return :hyper.

PatHead
20-08-2015, 03:50 PM

Phone the ticket office or get someone to meet you outside. I could collect and pass them on to someone in Dalkeith area if it helps.

lord bunberry
20-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Mines came the next day

FranckSuzy
20-08-2015, 03:53 PM

I ordered one late on a Thurs night and it arrived on the Sat morning (I live in Edinburgh though) :aok:

Purehibee_MYB
20-08-2015, 03:55 PM
You disgust me :wink:

But still i hear MYB will be making a return :hyper.

Aha sorry Steve, a man sometimes has to make sacrifices for work!

If you see the MYB flag at Ibrox though, it'll be me :flag:

Purehibee_MYB
20-08-2015, 03:56 PM
I ordered one late on a Thurs night and it arrived on the Sat morning (I live in Edinburgh though) :aok:

Will be a risk if I do, I'll maybe have to order them tonight and call them in the morning

emerald green
20-08-2015, 04:21 PM
no thanks, no matter what league we are in I won't go back there having spent an entire half as a kid being spat on etc from above.

EDIT: I'll be at many other away games this season just not this place.

:agree: This is kind of like the way I feel about Ibrox. As well as being spat on and pelted with all sorts of missiles (in the days when cans & bottles could be taken into the grounds) we were threatened with a lot worse than that and I was lucky to get out of the place uninjured, put it that way.

I don't need that stuff, and stopped going to Ibrox a long time ago. I won't be back either.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Will be a risk if I do, I'll maybe have to order them tonight and call them in the morning

If you can get a ticket PM me and I'll collect it tomorrow for you.

I'm getting the train through so can either meet you city centre AM or at Ibrox later on.

Purehibee_MYB
20-08-2015, 04:36 PM

I'm getting the train through so can either meet you city centre AM or at Ibrox later on.

Cheers man, will be in touch if I manage to sort it all out

Mango Man
20-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Why bother?

I honestly ask myself that sometimes, it's just in there, can't shake it off. :brickwall

jimmythefish
20-08-2015, 05:44 PM
If you get them delivered special delivery, I think it's available if you buy online you should get them delivered Saturday but will cost you £6 or £7 & you will have to be home when the postie gets there to sign for them

Keith_M
20-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Could someone please update the thread title to reflect the current number of tickets available.

Cheers

:greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
21-08-2015, 03:24 AM

If you get them delivered special delivery, I think it's available if you buy online you should get them delivered Saturday but will cost you £6 or £7 & you will have to be home when the postie gets there to sign for them

Yeah that's what I've done, not too expensive for special delivery when you're splitting it between 5 of you. 5 of us going along on Sunday now, hope it's one to remember!

givescotlandfreedom
21-08-2015, 04:10 AM
If we were playing well we would take 1000 easy.

You're absolutely right. Something about poor away crowd and expecting us to get beat makes me feel confident though :)

Pete
21-08-2015, 05:43 AM
Who are you to tell people how to spend their weekends? No one needs an excuse not to go. If they don't want to, it's their business.

Again, if people don't want to go then that's up to them. Sorry, but some prefer to watch away games in the pub or in the house if it's on TV. Their choice.

Far too much gets made about attendances. It's not like it inspires the team. Malmo, Hearts final, Celtic final, Playoff v Hamilton.

This is a hibs website for hibs fans. The default position for a football fan is to go and cheer the team.

The counter arguments are pathetic. "Choices" "malmo" "5-1" "blah blah" are absolutely laughable and are the reasonings of dissatisfied customers who are free to choose one supermarket over another.

If anyone is that tired of hibs then why don't you piss off and let the rest of us get on with the whole "through thick and thin" thing.

Tiring, moaning bull ****

Pete
21-08-2015, 05:52 AM
I honestly ask myself that sometimes, it's just in there, can't shake it off. :brickwall

If there's something "in you" that you go out of your way to deconstruct at every opportunity then maybe you should try and shake it off.

Seriously, if I had your attitude then I would just leave it and in turn I would stop trying to bring others down with me.

Hibby70
21-08-2015, 06:16 AM
Anyone going through by train? any post game Tube tips?

Feel like I'm about to go on safari.

hibs0666
21-08-2015, 06:33 AM
Walk down to Govan tube station after the game. Last time they ran a fitba special tube that didn't stop anywhere except Buchanan Street.

Hibby70
21-08-2015, 06:38 AM
Walk down to Govan tube station after the game. Last time they ran a fitba special tube that didn't stop anywhere except Buchanan Street.
Thanks , will do

hibs0666
21-08-2015, 06:43 AM
Thanks , will do

If you are doing a solo mission then I can put you in touch with mates of mine who are coming through.

Hibby70
21-08-2015, 07:00 AM
If you are doing a solo mission then I can put you in touch with mates of mine who are coming through.

Than for the offer but I am on a covert mission into deep enemy territory and I work alone.

"Broadsword calling Danny Boy".

Ozyhibby
21-08-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm not going because my lad has an 11 o'clock kick off in Edinburgh so we can't make it. We'll be watching on TV instead.
Our poor start to the season hasn't put me off, just the crappy kick off time.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2015, 07:42 AM
This is a hibs website for hibs fans. The default position for a football fan is to go and cheer the team.

The counter arguments are pathetic. "Choices" "malmo" "5-1" "blah blah" are absolutely laughable and are the reasonings of dissatisfied customers who are free to choose one supermarket over another.

If anyone is that tired of hibs then why don't you piss off and let the rest of us get on with the whole "through thick and thin" thing.

Tiring, moaning bull ****

Your last comments sum up your own post perfectly.

Mango Man
21-08-2015, 08:06 AM
If there's something "in you" that you go out of your way to deconstruct at every opportunity then maybe you should try and shake it off.

Seriously, if I had your attitude then I would just leave it and in turn I would stop trying to bring others down with me.

I am in no way "trying" to bring others down with me, this is a football forum regarding all things Hibs, My experience supporting Hibs has certainly not given me much to be Mr super positive happy guy about, sorry, as I said before, can't shake it off, it's just in there.

we are hibs
21-08-2015, 08:08 AM
How many tickets have been sold now?

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Anywaaaaaaay.......................

How many ticket left now?

Update: GW3 is sold out.

green&left
21-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Anywaaaaaaay.......................

How many ticket left now?

Update: GW3 is sold out.

GW3 hasn't been available all week.

The Rangers ends heading for a sell-out according to a colleague.

Steve-O
21-08-2015, 09:45 AM
You definitely aren't. Take my 10 year to a lot of away games and was at Ibrox twice last season, but I think there's gonna be extra needle in this, and with them close to sell out, I don't fancy putting him through it

I first went to Ibrox just after turning 11 or 12 I think, loved it and had wanted to go before! Can't really recall being 'scared' in any way to be honest. Fine if you are not right next to Huns going mental, though I suppose that can't be guaranteed.

liamh2202
21-08-2015, 10:04 AM
I first went to Ibrox just after turning 11 or 12 I think, loved it and had wanted to go before! Can't really recall being 'scared' in any way to be honest. Fine if you are not right next to Huns going mental, though I suppose that can't be guaranteed.

Kids don't get scared. Last year I had to go down at half time because of coffee and pie missiles. Just think this game will have an extra edge. You also unfortunately don't get to pick your seat so could end up right next to them

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Let's hope the players aren't 'scared' of Rangers.

**** sake.

silverhibee
21-08-2015, 10:15 AM

Result :wink::greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2015, 10:15 AM

Section is GW3 so they must have been sold at some point.

PatHead
21-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Be all the sweeter then when the 3rd goes in again and their end empties.

Steve-O
21-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Kids don't get scared. Last year I had to go down at half time because of coffee and pie missiles. Just think this game will have an extra edge. You also unfortunately don't get to pick your seat so could end up right next to them

Not ideal getting stuff chucked but when I started going it was when the away fans were over the other side of the Broomloan so it was probably easier for stuff to be thrown. Don't ever remember it happening to be honest. Been there probably a dozen times or more and never had any issues. They're a horrible lot of course, but I'd never let that stop me going to a game. And it was a beautiful thing when I finally seen them win there (Sproule x 3!) :greengrin

Leithenhibby
21-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Just got 2 for collection :cb

Lets do this :wink:

we are hibs
21-08-2015, 10:37 AM
what time are people getting the train from Waverly at??

Wheat Hound
21-08-2015, 10:38 AM
That's two tics just purchased for me and HibsTrooper......get right intae them!

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Can't be many left now and people can still buy them tomorrow.

Hibs90
21-08-2015, 10:53 AM
add another one to the list :aok:

FranckSuzy
21-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Result :wink::greengrin

:agree: :greengrin :wink:

Lago
21-08-2015, 11:05 AM
So let me get this straight, to be a genuine hibs fan you must be prepared to travel to away games, specifically rangers. Strange in 40+ years watching hibs I didn't know that.:rolleyes:

Hibstrooper
21-08-2015, 11:27 AM
That's two tics just purchased for me and HibsTrooper......get right intae them!

I'm away up to Livi to buy that special outfit now :wink:

Wheat Hound
21-08-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm away up to Livi to buy that special outfit now :wink:

Don't get the latex version though :O

CB_NO3
21-08-2015, 12:11 PM
If one of they big bad Rangers fans throws a coin at me, ill be straight on the phone to my Mother.

My_Wife_Camille
21-08-2015, 12:18 PM
This is exactly why I was so pissed off that I was unable to get a ticket for the game there in February.

Something tells me that all these family and work arrangements might have been put on hold if we'd pumped them 6-2 a few weeks back

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Some people have clearly had/suffered some bad experiences at Ibrox yet folk are slagging them from staying away and quoting those experiences as their reason. :confused: Seems strange to me that folk can't just accept a reason is just that, it's not an excuse.

Lucius Apuleius
21-08-2015, 12:24 PM
If one of they big bad Rangers fans throws a coin at me, ill be straight on the phone to my Mother.

Cool. What would you do if a 7 year old son was hit by a coin, was spat on from above us and had Bovril thrown over him?
Add to that a full body pat down of the missus. only place I have ever seen it.

Ringothedog
21-08-2015, 12:24 PM
what time are people getting the train from Waverly at??

heading for the 10 o'clock train

Smartie
21-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Anyone ever been to hospitality at Ibrox?

I'm meant to be a guest of a well-known bookmakers in a box at the game on Sunday.

I don't remember Ibrox having "boxes" so will I just be sitting up in the posh seats with the well-to-do but still generally furious bears?

Can't see them being too happy being up to their knees in my "not really interested in religion but I suppose if pushed I'm a protestant but happen to support a football team with Irish heritage" blood.

Or fenian as they call it.

I can't decide if I'm really looking forward to this or totally dreading it.

PatHead
21-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Wonder if there will a rush of tickets if Dylan has signed?

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 12:51 PM
This is exactly why I was so pissed off that I was unable to get a ticket for the game there in February.

Something tells me that all these family and work arrangements might have been put on hold if we'd pumped them 6-2 a few weeks back

Surely you're happy that you've been able to buy a ticket for the game no problem this time?

:wink:

pontius pilate
21-08-2015, 12:59 PM

I'm meant to be a guest of a well-known bookmakers in a box at the game on Sunday.

I don't remember Ibrox having "boxes" so will I just be sitting up in the posh seats with the well-to-do but still generally furious bears?

Can't see them being too happy being up to their knees in my "not really interested in religion but I suppose if pushed I'm a protestant but happen to support a football team with Irish heritage" blood.

Speaking to a ger at work he reckons it will defo be a box

O'Rourke3
21-08-2015, 01:04 PM

There are boxes but there were a load of hospitality seats in the club deck. Bookies likely to have a box. The bears suurrounding me in the top deck were as bad as the others desitte the shirts and ties...

Sent via the bushes @ EM

My_Wife_Camille
21-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Surely you're happy that you've been able to buy a ticket for the game no problem this time?

:wink:

Haha fair point

Hedlund12
21-08-2015, 02:04 PM

What an idiotic, immature response.
I'm a mum who attends the games with my 11 year old son. "If one of they big bad Rangers fans throws a coin at me (and hits me with it!")
I would extract the idiots head from his shoulders, ram it up his backside, then phone his mother to come and get him!
I'd then get lifted and charged by the weedge Police and my 11 year old son would be left high and dry!!
Blooming stupid response from me eh... a bit like yours!!!😈

ano hibby
21-08-2015, 02:08 PM
I'm driving through. Someone earlier in the thread said there is an away specific car park close to our corner of the ground. Is there always plenty space in this, anyone know?

Last time I drove we parked in the huge car park where it was mostly home fans. Be keen to avoid that this time.

Same Sleeves
21-08-2015, 02:09 PM
How long do they keep you in for after the game?

Pretty Boy
21-08-2015, 02:13 PM

About half an hour or so.

Same Sleeves
21-08-2015, 02:23 PM
About half an hour or so.

:aok:

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 02:25 PM

It depends on the seriousness of the particular offence but most people get called to Court on the Monday and released immediately after.

Edinburgh Green
21-08-2015, 02:32 PM

My dad and his friends had hospitality for the 3-0 cup game, they had a box that day and to be fair to Rangers, the club stewards couldn't help them enough. The huns in front of the box thought they'd be wideos when the game wasnt going their way and decided to stand in front of the box thus blocking my dads view.

A minute later a Rangers blazer came into the box and rattled the glass. The huns that were standing turned around smugly however their faces dropped when he pointed to his badge and screamed at them to sit their ***** down! Which they all did quick smart! :na na:

Canon Hannan
21-08-2015, 02:34 PM

Typical Proddy hahahha
Get yerself to church!
Hospitality at Ibrox is excellent, many happy times there. Enjoy my son.

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Typical Proddy hahahha
Get yerself to church!
Hospitality at Ibrox is excellent, many happy times there. Enjoy my son.

5-4-3-2-

hibseleven
21-08-2015, 02:36 PM
i've been to hospitality at Ibrox three or four times in the main stand top tier and it's quality.

Baldy
21-08-2015, 03:08 PM

I did it a few years ago through a well known Glasgow businessman and ended up getting thrown out for having a discussion with the bigoted gits, who were calling the Hibees support Fenians etc etc

Iggy Pope
21-08-2015, 03:24 PM

The hospitality is excellent. If you're in a box you'll be fine but there will be some window licker in front of you marking your card with his inane posturing.

If you're out in the seats it is hellish. You are in amongst the worst of them. These are the ones that are meant to know better but when the white line gets crossed, somehow forget how to spell their own names.
I've witnessed this a few times. Two notables. First one was the 1-1 with Stokes delightful chip/lobbed equaliser when an aged cretin next to me constantly referred to Zemmama as a 'reptile'. My Mrs swapped seats with me before his mooth went the shape of my elbow.

Second time was the Calderwood 3 nil. I nearly got in trouble at that one. Easily identified on the way out as a Hibby you see..
I had pissed my pants laughing.

Got my team sheet signed by the entire Hibs squad and management then auctioned it on here for the Dnipro kids. So a lovely win / win.

Enjoy it friend.

cleanyman
21-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Home end is sold out.

Come on Hibs

IanM
21-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Just checked the Hibs ticketmaster site and you can buy 11 tickets and not 12...

11 left? Haha

Ringothedog
21-08-2015, 04:42 PM
GW 1,2 & 3 are available on the website.

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 04:46 PM
GW 1,2 & 3 are available on the website.

Very strange, as GW3 wasn't available earlier today.

Maybe somebody handed their tickets back because McGeouch hasn't signed yet.

Ringothedog
21-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Very strange, as GW3 wasn't available earlier today.

Maybe somebody handed their tickets back because McGeouch hasn't signed yet.

I would guess that GW 3 has just become available.

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Gets my goat that away fans get "patted" down through there, before entering ground. There is not a snowball's chance in hell of every home fan getting the same treatment.........

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 04:54 PM
I would guess that GW 3 has just become available.

Not according to the Section 43 guys (or whatever they call themselves now) as they're apparently in that section.

One of them posted this earlier

DH1875
21-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Cool. What would you do if a 7 year old son was hit by a coin, was spat on from above us and had Bovril thrown over him?
Add to that a full body pat down of the missus. only place I have ever seen it.

The rangers fans haven't sat above us in a long time. As for the missus getting a full pat down, they do this with fans from every club not just ours. They even do it to the rangers fans for some reason. I know this for sure cause I got a ticket for the rangers end once and was given the full pat down treatment.

liamh2202
21-08-2015, 05:00 PM
The rangers fans haven't sat above us in a long time. As for the missus getting a full pat down, they do this with fans from every club not just ours. They even do it to the rangers fans for some reason. I know this for sure cause I got a ticket for the rangers end once and was given the full pat down treatment.

They still throw stuff over..

DH1875
21-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Gets my goat that away fans get "patted" down through there, before entering ground. There is not a snowball's chance in hell of every home fan getting the same treatment.........

As I've already said in the thread. They DO pat down the rangers fans before the game.

Cod Boy
21-08-2015, 05:13 PM
They should wash down the rangers fans before going in.

Sir David Gray
21-08-2015, 05:15 PM

One time they must have kept us in for at least half an hour but most of the time it's around 20 mins.

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2015, 05:23 PM
As I've already said in the thread. They DO pat down the rangers fans before the game.

Every single one?

Lucius Apuleius
21-08-2015, 05:30 PM

As I said 89was the last time I went and this is what happened then. Iam aware that we no longer suit below them but that bothers me not. Iwould not spend a bent penny at that place.Just because they fetish their own hands sites not make it any better.Unacceptable for a football match in my opinion.

DH1875
21-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Every single one?

Probably not, no.

Slightly of topic but, has anyone else ever had the full pat down treatment at ER? Happened to me a few times going into the old east. Thought that was also strange at the time.

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Probably not, no.

Slightly of topic but, has anyone else ever had the full pat down treatment at ER? Happened to me a few times going into the old east. Thought that was also strange at the time.

Never had one at ER ever.....Tynie, Ibrox, Parkhead, and Pitoddrie.....Nowhere else I can remember

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Infuriates me that they keep away fans(off which there are sometimes just 2-300) in for half an hour to allow 50,000(sometimes) home fans to leave. Sums them up entirely. As petty as it is, it equally infuriates me that we don't do it back to them and instead choose to stop our OWN fans from getting home for half an hour [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Carheenlea
21-08-2015, 06:29 PM
The lock-in's are hugely entertaining when we win, but do tend to drag on a bit in defeat. Here's hoping we enjoy the former on Sunday.
Usually 10 minutes or so.

Killiehibbie
21-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Probably not, no.

Slightly of topic but, has anyone else ever had the full pat down treatment at ER? Happened to me a few times going into the old east. Thought that was also strange at the time.You must look dodgy, not had that treatment anywhere this century.

trev the hat
21-08-2015, 09:23 PM
If I book online tonight can I pickup tomorrow ?

PatHead
21-08-2015, 09:25 PM
If I book online tonight can I pickup tomorrow ?

Yes, think office is open until 3pm

trev the hat
21-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Yes, think office is open until 3pm

Nice 1, thanks. PH

Ronniekirk
21-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Nice 1, thanks. PH
And when you are buying yours ask how many are left as we must be nearly there now re selling out :rolleyes:

Carheenlea
21-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Has there ever been a complete sell out at Ibrox for a Hibs game? Been in some big crowds there, but not sure about a full house. The noise at the last game (play off) was the loudest I've ever heard Ibrox, and I suspect this weekend could be similar. Up until we open the scoring..

Ronniekirk
21-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Has there ever been a complete sell out at Ibrox for a Hibs game? Been in some big crowds there, but not sure about a full house. The noise at the last game (play off) was the loudest I've ever heard Ibrox, and I suspect this weekend could be similar. Up until we open the scoring..

I was in the Rangers end at last play off game at Ibrox ,and there a easily four or five thousand empty seats probably more , .but you are right ,the sound will be incredible before ,and just after ,kick off ,as they belt out the usual Bigoted Bile . Agree keep it tight ,then hit them on break and it will help quieten them ,but I think they are going to be so up for it tomorrow even if they loose the first goal they will assume the natural Order will be restored .So we need to play our part and be prepared to be as vocal as we can as a Support

DH1875
21-08-2015, 10:18 PM
You must look dodgy, not had that treatment anywhere this century.

Me dodgy??? Your forgetting I've met you and from what I remember I'm no the one who got us a knock back from the pub :)

Sir David Gray
21-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Keep it tight for the first 20 minutes or so and frustrate them and then go 1-0 up just before half time and watch them get on top of their team.

After the second and third go in before the hour mark, there will be a mass evacuation.

I predict we'll outnumber them by about the 80th minute. :thumbsup:

HappyHibby93
22-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Keep it tight for the first 20 minutes or so and frustrate them and then go 1-0 up just before half time and watch them get on top of their team.

After the second and third go in before the hour mark, there will be a mass evacuation.

I predict we'll outnumber them by about the 80th minute. :thumbsup:

Loving your optimism, 0-3 (again) against that **** would be sweet.

Steve-O
22-08-2015, 01:25 AM

I would say every game I ever went to at Ibrox was a sell out, from 93 through to 2007. Don't recall any empty seats.

Pete
22-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Your last comments sum up your own post perfectly.

I am in no way "trying" to bring others down with me, this is a football forum regarding all things Hibs, My experience supporting Hibs has certainly not given me much to be Mr super positive happy guy about, sorry, as I said before, can't shake it off, it's just in there.

Genuinely felt hellish yesterday morning so sorry for being a dick guys (and Steve20).

To be honest I think away attendances at ibrox or parkhead are the ones we should be least bothered about. We will still be heavily outnumbered by roughly the same ratio should we take the full allocation or the amount of fans who have already bought tickets. 200 fans isn't a big difference, it will still be a good amount of proper hibbys going and its only Sevco who will be "losing" cash.

We're no different from any other club. When we do well we take a big travelling support and when we have bad periods it tails off. It's been an iffy start and when you look at the grand scheme of things we are in the second bloody division. In fact, we probably are a bit different because to our credit, we do tend to take unusually large traveling supports when we fancy it.

Going to these grounds isn't nice and I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not going. It's not just the way you are treated inside, it's the experiences before and after the game. The majority of rangers fans are OK but there is always an idiot or two who will scar the whole experience for you, no doubt using sectarian insults and threats. I know plenty hearts fans and a few Dunfermline fans who simply won't go with their kids to these places because of the hostility and bigotry from all angles, especially after last season in Hearts case. Fans from all over Scotland probably don't like going there.

They are both cess-pits and 200 fans won't make a bit of difference to the result. Hats off to every one of you that's going.

NYHibby
22-08-2015, 08:10 AM

You must look dodgy, not had that treatment anywhere this century.

I think at the last game for the old East everyone was checked for demolition tools. Not that those checks did much good.

NYHibby
22-08-2015, 08:16 AM
One time they must have kept us in for at least half an hour but most of the time it's around 20 mins.

The queue for the subway can be close to 20 minutes anyway so waiting in the stadium isn't that bad.

Coults1875
22-08-2015, 08:31 AM
The lock-in's are hugely entertaining when we win, but do tend to drag on a bit in defeat. Here's hoping we enjoy the former on Sunday.
Usually 10 minutes or so.

Loved the last time I was at ibrox when we won. Everyone started chanting Ally gies a wave when they groundsman came out :faf:

Killiehibbie
22-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Me dodgy??? Your forgetting I've met you and from what I remember I'm no the one who got us a knock back from the pub :)I was getting a bit tired by that time, it was an emotionally draining day:greengrin

CB_NO3
22-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Between 90 and 110 left according to the ladie at the TO.

Keith_M
22-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Between 90 and 110 left according to the ladie at the TO.

Go back and tell her that the number between 90 and 110 is 100.

I'm sure it'll make her day.

;)

silverhibee
22-08-2015, 11:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0

Ronniekirk
22-08-2015, 11:41 AM

Ticket Office open till 3 someone said ,so Where are You ,Lets Be Havin you .
less than a hundred left by now ,we can still sell this out .

Classic Clip Silver .:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
22-08-2015, 12:22 PM

Pished!!

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2015, 12:28 PM

They were in fine enough voice after Delia sold Darren Eadie to Leicester City. "Cant cook, takes it up the arse" is still one of the finest football chants I've heard at a ground. The 'can't cook' part being especially below the belt.