PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: VACANCY: HEAD OF FOOTBALL SCIENCE AND MEDICINE

RSS Bot
19-08-2015, 05:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5643)

Golden Bear
19-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Hope this post has not been funded from the Scott Allan transfer money!

Onceinawhile
19-08-2015, 07:22 PM
I think it's been funded by the current incumbent moving to Rangers

Heedersnvolleys
19-08-2015, 07:27 PM
I think it's been funded by the current incumbent moving to Rangers
I was going to say I thought we had one? Has he moved already?

Jack
19-08-2015, 08:18 PM
I was going to say I thought we had one? Has he moved already?

Poached I wouldn't wonder while at the CL Final ;-)

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Is it not scandalous that we are seemingly allowing the current incumbent to serve his notice before joining sevco? Should have been placed on gardening leave as soon as he defected.

Chibs
19-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Just out of interest, what the hell is football science.:confused:

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Well, if you went to any of the 'open nights' at East Mains you would have been led to believe it is a key position at the club.

JimBHibees
19-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Is it not scandalous that we are seemingly allowing the current incumbent to serve his notice before joining sevco? Should have been placed on gardening leave as soon as he defected.

Tend to agree having knowledge of injuries players may be carrying isn't great.

Chibs
19-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Well, if you went to any of the 'open nights' at East Mains you would have been led to believe it is a key position at the club.

Ah, you can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.:greengrin

Quote from the great Stan Laurel.

Waxy
19-08-2015, 09:47 PM
So is this another dirty trick by the darkside?

Greenworld
20-08-2015, 05:21 AM
Just out of interest, what the hell is football science.:confused:
This is a key position ensuring most our players are injured

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

TRC
20-08-2015, 07:03 AM
Get the woman from Chelsea!!!

Kentao1985
20-08-2015, 07:18 AM
This is a key position ensuring most our players are injured

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
That would only mean more players injured with groin strains

R'Albin
20-08-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm not very aware of how these things work but could we not have stuck him on gardening leave until after Sunday as opposed to making Sevco aware of any fitness struggles we have?

Peevemor
20-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Maybe the guy has some professional integrity and isn't currently reporting everything to his future employers.

JimBHibees
20-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Maybe the guy has some professional integrity and isn't currently reporting everything to his future employers.

Probably right however it isnt ideal and not sure it would happen in most businesses between competitor companies.

Jim44
20-08-2015, 08:56 AM

A virtuous and gracious sentiment, Peevemor, but who are you kidding?:greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Probably right however it isnt ideal and not sure it would happen in most businesses between competitor companies.

It's a difficult one, he'll know who is and isn't fit

Smartie
20-08-2015, 10:06 AM
It's great to think of the guy having professional integrity but if ever there was conflict of interests then it is here.

I simply cannot believe that he's not on gardening leave.

In any other walk of life he'd have been marched straight off the premises.

In x weeks/months he'll be doing all he can to get The Rangers promoted and he could probably do as much to help them by giving them information right now than he ever could as their employee.

Utter madness if he's still working for us. Fair play to the guy if he is and is showing "professional integrity", concentrating fully on getting us prepared and not sharing info with the tribute act. Call me cynical all you like but there is no danger I'd have somebody with access to such information and a position to influence the fitness and wellbeing of our players working their notice in such a position.

son of haggart
20-08-2015, 10:09 AM
It's great to think of the guy having professional integrity but if ever there was conflict of interests then it is here.

In x weeks/months he'll be doing all he can to get The Rangers promoted and he could probably do as much to help them by giving them information right now than he ever could as their employee.

Utter madness if he's still working for us. Fair play to the guy if he is and is showing "professional integrity", concentrating fully on getting us prepared and not sharing info with the tribute act. Call me cynical all you like but there is no danger I'd have somebody with access to such information and a position to influence the fitness and wellbeing of our players working their notice in such a position.

Maybe they're feeding him misinformation

Here is where I wish I could post photos on this site, allowing me to use my Smiley smiley

B.H.F.C
20-08-2015, 10:54 AM

This. If I tell my work I'm going to our main competitor, or any type of competitor, I'd be nowhere near my work during my notice period.

JimBHibees
20-08-2015, 11:26 AM
It's a difficult one, he'll know who is and isn't fit

Not just fit but some may be playing with long term conditions which may affect fitness or who only train a few days a week.

Ronniekirk
20-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Daily record reporting Rangers getting one Over on hibs ,by recruiting Craig Lannigan ,Who is now employed by his boyhood heroes . ,while at the same time backing Warburton for telling Stubbs to shut up ,and butt out of his business . This rag is so blatant in its bias towards Rangers ,Even states the hibs Hierarchy won't be happy .
There is certainly going to be needle for this match

Billy Whizz
20-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Daily record reporting Rangers getting one Over on hibs ,by recruiting Craig Lannigan ,Who is now employed by his boyhood heroes . ,while at the same time backing Warburton for telling Stubbs to shut up ,and butt out of his business . This rag is so blatant in its bias towards Rangers ,Even states the hibs Hierarchy won't be happy .
There is certainly going to be needle for this match

Also reporting that he leaves after Sunday's game. Probably on gardening leave for a few weeks

Peevemor
20-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Also reporting that he leaves after Sunday's game. Probably on gardening leave for a few weeks

Why? If he's come to an agreement with Hibs he'll probably start immediately.

Ozyhibby
20-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Interesting that a lot of our players start to develop muscle injuries the minute this guy decides to go to Sevco.

Dinkydoo
20-08-2015, 09:32 PM
The media are certainly trying to give Warburton any help they can with the mind games so far this season.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2015, 09:38 PM
I wish for the invention of a newspaper that lives purely to take the complete **** out of the Record and the Sun for their sheer unadulterated bias and brazen, shameless reporting. I'd buy it. Tenfold.

Scouse Hibee
20-08-2015, 09:46 PM
FFS some of the utter guff on this thread is ridiculous. I've read some amount of conspiracy theories and such like over the years but the pants wetting over the knowledge this guy may impart is laughable. It's a football club not a financial institution or a germ warfare laboratory......unbelievable.

Peevemor
20-08-2015, 09:50 PM
FFS some of the utter guff on this thread is ridiculous. I've read some amount of conspiracy theories and such like over the years but the pants wetting over the knowledge this guy may impart is laughable. It's a football club not a financial institution or a germ warfare laboratory......unbelievable.

:agree:

CA Hibby
21-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Due to the fact that his current job includes medical records of said players, by law he will not be able to disclose anything. If it gets out that he is disclosing something that is not of common knowledge his license will be revoked

CRAZYHIBBY
21-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Waste of a wage...

Ozyhibby
21-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Waste of a wage...

I disagree but while we are still getting beat of part time teams I can see why people might think that.
The new much expanded back room staff will be the first thing people attack when things turn bad for Leeann and Stubbs. Only way to stop it is improved results.

EskbankHibby
21-08-2015, 08:12 AM
Due to the fact that his current job includes medical records of said players, by law he will not be able to disclose anything. If it gets out that he is disclosing something that is not of common knowledge his license will be revoked

What license would that be CA? Serious question as Sports Scientists are not regulated by the HCPC.

As a club employee sounds like he was highly regarded and I'm sorry he has left but he will be replaced and I'm sure Hibs staff will not be compromised in any way.

Northernhibee
21-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Medicine, eh?

"You might experience a small prick - Billy Brown's coming back"