PDA

View Full Version : Tom Zanelli leaving.

Brightside
19-08-2015, 08:01 AM
I see young Tom is off to pastures new and has taken a role with marathon bet down south. The lad has done a great job at Hibs in the last few years. Hope they can bring someone else in with similar fresh ideas.

Oscar T Grouch
19-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Good luck to the laddie. He's the one that made Outside the box eh? Great work done for Hibs, hope we find someone just as good to replace him.

Edit cause it's too early on a holiday day 😳

GreenArmyyy!
19-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Shame, he has done a lot of good work over the past few years, won't be easy to replace, best of luck Tom!

FastEddieFelson
19-08-2015, 08:13 AM
gutted, thought he was great. though it seemed to me like he left half way through the production of the last episode of outsidethebox...

Thecat23
19-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Sorry if already posted, but he's not the only one who's departing. One of our backroom staff will be off to Join The Rangers! One or two posters on here already know about it!

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Sorry if already posted, but he's not the only one who's departing. One of our backroom staff will be off to Join The Rangers! One or two posters on here already know about it!

:agree: we do.

Thecat23
19-08-2015, 09:00 AM
:agree: we do.

Thought that wasn't sure if it had been posted 👍🏼

Benny Brazil
19-08-2015, 09:00 AM

They couldnt get Allan - so they had to get someone to save face :greengrin
Not sure who it is - a key member of the backroom team or someone easily replaceable? Wondering if its the Sports Science guy?

Thecat23
19-08-2015, 09:02 AM
They couldnt get Allan - so they had to get someone to save face :greengrin
Not sure who it is - a key member of the backroom team or someone easily replaceable? Wondering if its the Sports Science guy?

Our fitness coach that's going. So I'm assuming he's the one that covers sports science?

Benny Brazil
19-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Our fitness couch that's going. So I'm assuming he's the one that covers sports science?

Craig Flannigan?
Tbh - our fitness hasnt looked too good this season so far.....

Heisenberg
19-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Craig Flannigan?

The players all speak very highly of him and a few have said he has them in the best shape they've ever been in. I'm sure we'll be able to replace him though.

Scouse Hibee
19-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Our fitness couch that's going. So I'm assuming he's the one that covers sports science?

Good, they shouldn't be lying on a couch anyway.

Thecat23
19-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Good, they shouldn't be lying on a couch anyway.

😁

I hate autocorrect!!

andrew70
19-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Our fitness coach that's going. So I'm assuming he's the one that covers sports science?

Paul Green?

GreenArmyyy!
19-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Craig Flannigan?

No, don't know his name but it's the guy who looks like gus fring from breaking bad.....

Brightside
19-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Paul Green?

Paul Green will takeover from Craig. Not the best news!

S4uzee
19-08-2015, 09:51 AM

Going by interviews from players etc. it seems that Craig Flannigan was well liked and very good at his job so that's disappointing news

andrew70
19-08-2015, 09:56 AM

No it's not was kind of hoping it was PG that was leaving rather than Craig.

CF is very highly thought of and I am surprised he's going to Rangers tbh alas he's got to do what he feels is best for him.

He has a very good working relationship with George Craig, Stubbs et al though and I thought it was a cast-iron set up.

They now just combining the two positions or will a strength /conditioning coach be coming in to replace PG as he steps up?

Brightside
19-08-2015, 09:58 AM
No it's not was kind of hoping it was PG that was leaving rather than Craig.

CF is very highly thought of and I am surprised he's going to Rangers tbh alas he's got to do what he feels is best for him.

He has a very good working relationship with George Craig, Stubbs et al though and I thought it was a cast-iron set up.

They now just combining the two positions or will a strength /conditioning coach be coming in to replace PG as he steps up?

Money talks.

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Celtic signing our players
The Rangers stealing our backroom staff
Marathon Bet stealing our media staff

Where will it all end :confused:

Brightside
19-08-2015, 10:07 AM

We've always been a selling club...

PETRIE!!!

zlatan
19-08-2015, 10:19 AM

Stirling Albion have signed me as a fan

Billy Whizz
19-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Money talks.

Is he still at East Mains?

Brightside
19-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Is he still at East Mains?

Working his notice I believe.

bill the hibby
19-08-2015, 10:25 AM
That's pretty crappy news regarding CF as he was always highly spoke of by George Craig and stubbs, always saying he was one of the best in the country. Hopefully this doesn't affect the team on the pitch.

It's also worth baring in mind that he will be an advantage to the Rangers as the guy will know our strengths and weaknesses.

My_Wife_Camille
19-08-2015, 11:08 AM
The players always speak highly of Flannigan but if the Rangers players start showing the fitness levels that out have recently then I'll be delighted

Ozyhibby
19-08-2015, 11:51 AM
The players always speak highly of Flannigan but if the Rangers players start showing the fitness levels that out have recently then I'll be delighted

Correct

InterviewLoI
19-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Just to go back on topic, I'd like to wish Tom all the best and I hope he has a great time at MarathonBet.

worcesterhibby
19-08-2015, 12:32 PM
yes thought Tom was excellent for Hibs..sad to see him go.

silverhibee
19-08-2015, 12:42 PM

If Hibs let Tam McCourt go them i swear i will do time. :greengrin

PatHead
19-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Good luck. Wish you all the best Tom.

The_Horde
19-08-2015, 01:04 PM

Yep. Get in a fitness Coach the players hate!

CallumLaidlaw
19-08-2015, 01:48 PM

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/head-of-football-science--hibernian/

Billy Whizz
19-08-2015, 02:06 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/head-of-football-science--hibernian/

Is this the same job spec that Craig Flannagan has?

Thecat23
19-08-2015, 02:25 PM
If Hibs let Tam McCourt go them i swear i will do time. :greengrin

😂

Andy74
19-08-2015, 03:14 PM
So the guy who is responsible for our fitness has know he was going to Rangers?

Our players look nowhere near ready whilst Rangers look like they are fast and fit just now.

I'm sure there's nothing in that.

CallumLaidlaw
19-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Is this the same job spec that Craig Flannagan has?

Think so. Here's their job titles on the official site -

Craig Flannigan, Head of Sports Science

Paul Green, Strength and Conditioning Coach

Pretty Boy
19-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Can't see Flannigan being that hard to replace.

'Get thum doon tae Gullane' has been the answer to our problems for years according to some.

bigwheel
19-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Can't see Flannigan being that hard to replace.

'Get thum doon are Gullane' has been the answer to our problems for years according to some.

Yep. For those who know nothing about conditioning . It's interesting that for a team who are viewed as not fit enough , our sports scientist is getting head hunted by our main rivals ...bit of a blow

Viva_Palmeiras
19-08-2015, 04:52 PM
That's pretty crappy news regarding CF as he was always highly spoke of by George Craig and stubbs, always saying he was one of the best in the country. Hopefully this doesn't affect the team on the pitch.

It's also worth baring in mind that he will be an advantage to the Rangers as the guy will know our strengths and weaknesses.

I think we got a bit carried away with the golden generation and the so-called conveyer belt as if it was suppose in some minds to result in a regular supply of quality into the first team.

IMO our setup is and almost always will be vulnerable to disruption. Poaching, paying more for the talent both on and off the park. We have no divine right on a youth / support structure setup that shines. It takes time, hard work and nurturing. It seems the nurturing bit was neglected for a while

bill the hibby
19-08-2015, 05:26 PM
I think we got a bit carried away with the golden generation and the so-called conveyer belt as if it was suppose in some minds to result in a regular supply of quality into the first team.

IMO our setup is and almost always will be vulnerable to disruption. Poaching, paying more for the talent both on and off the park. We have no divine right on a youth / support structure setup that shines. It takes time, hard work and nurturing. It seems the nurturing bit was neglected for a while

But wasn't flannigan more concentrated on the first teams fitness...

Brightside
19-08-2015, 05:28 PM
But wasn't flannigan more concentrated on the first teams fitness...

Its more about diet and wellbeing than running up hills or doing 100 situps. I was told last week but dreaded putting it on here due to the usual crowd using it as a stick to slag the club.

bingo70
19-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Get Roger propos back

Davy Mac
19-08-2015, 08:51 PM
When I first read the title I thought it said ' David Zitelli is signing' We can only but dream..........

bill the hibby
19-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Its more about diet and wellbeing than running up hills or doing 100 situps. I was told last week but dreaded putting it on here due to the usual crowd using it as a stick to slag the club.

Nothing much the club can do to be honest, it's expected however dempster said when they brought this 'European model' to the club it would be easier to replace people like for like

FranckSuzy
19-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Have a lot of time for Tom as he is/was really helpful and enthusiastic about his job. Good luck to him :aok:

Ozyhibby
19-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Can't really complain about Sevco poaching our staff when our main sponsor is doing it as well. :-(

Onceinawhile
19-08-2015, 11:37 PM
When I first read the title I thought it said ' David Zitelli is signing' We can only but dream..........

https://youtu.be/y_yGw6g0Y-s

Bay Area Hibees
19-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Good luck to Tom.
Clearly has great rapport with players which helped get good social media content.
Also showed what can be done with limited budget.
He'll have much bigger scope and spend in his new role.
I've chatted with Greg Mailer and it's clear we have positive smart experienced people at the club.

Lago
20-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Good luck to Tom.
Clearly has great rapport with players which helped get good social media content.
Also showed what can be done with limited budget.
He'll have much bigger scope and spend in his new role.
I've chatted with Greg Mailer and it's clear we have positive smart experienced people at the club.
I thought rangers had no money so how will he have a bigger spend?

Andy74
20-08-2015, 01:19 PM
I thought rangers had no money so how will he have a bigger spend?

Largely due to him not going to Rangers.

Lago
20-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Largely due to him not going to Rangers.
Oops:rolleyes: