PDA

View Full Version : BT Champions League

GreenT
18-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Don't if I'll last the season having to listen to Michael Owen's CL commentary. Dull and boring. Will be interesting to see what full coverage will be like on BT when the CL gets going. Can't say I have been much impressed with their footie coverage in general.

Since90+2
18-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Don't if I'll last the season having to listen to Michael Owen's CL commentary. Dull and boring. Will be interesting to see what full coverage will be like on BT when the CL gets going. Can't say I have been much impressed with their footie coverage in general.

Paul Scholes is even worse. Fantastic player but terrible pundit.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2015, 07:28 PM
That boy Memphis looks not too shabby.

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2015, 07:31 PM
That boy Memphis looks not too shabby.

Couple of crackers from him.......

tamig
18-08-2015, 07:31 PM

I despise Owen's co-commentary/"expert analysis" is humdrum and boring. Gary Neville gives some really insightful views and comments but Owen is nothing but a bore. Money for nothing.

nellio
19-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Watched a fair bit of BT's premier leauge coverage and although Scholes was aquality player he is very drab as a pundit. Same for Owen really and he's employed as a colour commentator! Surley they must had had some form of auditions beforehand to see what they were like. Owen is terrible.

Purehibee_MYB
19-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Michael Owen is so bad it's ridiculous

"That Depay looks like a football player"

You don't say Michael.... :cb

LancashireHibby
19-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Maybe I should consider myself lucky that for some reason I don't have any volume on BT Sport Europe HD.

robinp
19-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Michael Owen is so bad it's ridiculous

"That Depay looks like a football player"

You don't say Michael.... :cb

He also insisted on telling you, every time there was a misplaced or over-hit pass, these champions league balls are very light weight!

heretoday
19-08-2015, 12:16 PM
I tune in to a foreign site so I can watch the game without understanding a word the hacks are saying. Bliss!

lyonhibs
19-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Does the BT deal mean zilch ITV CL coverage now ?

magpie1892
19-08-2015, 04:17 PM
I despise Owen's co-commentary/"expert analysis" is humdrum and boring. Gary Neville gives some really insightful views and comments but Owen is nothing but a bore. Money for nothing.

It's not as if the **** needs the money after four seasons doing **** all at NUFC for £117,000 a week.

Being as objective as I can be, he is boring, boring, boring and those horrible nasal tones don't help.

wearethehibs
Ive only got "BT Sport Lite" now. Wasn't paying an extra £5 for this Europe channel.

Took me 3 calls to eventually downgrade.

Do you know I can get BT Fiber Optic in my area.

Real Emerald
Its getting beyond a joke now. I pay over £100 a month for Sky and can no longer watch champs league or most Scottish games. BT are wanting another £20 a month for sports as I dont want their broadband and don't have cable. I'm thinking of getting rid of Sky sports as the whole TV football thing has gone mad. Meanwhile English clubs pay eye watering amounts of money for ordinary players. Rant over. :fuming::fuming:

magpie1892
19-08-2015, 04:19 PM

I'm pretty sure the final is still free-to-air.

Woop-de-do.

lyonhibs
19-08-2015, 04:45 PM

Woop-de-do.

Not to worry
I can always improve my German, French or Italian by watching the free to air channels here where they haven't lubed up for satellite TV to the same extent.

Infinitely better than Michael Owen by the sounds of it frankly

magpie1892
19-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Not to worry
I can always improve my German, French or Italian by watching the free to air channels here where they haven't lubed up for satellite TV to the same extent.

Infinitely better than Michael Owen by the sounds of it frankly

Playing soft jazz throughout the game - without interruption - would be an improvement on Owen.

Heedersnvolleys
19-08-2015, 05:21 PM

Woop-de-do.
I think they are going to launch BT Sport Showcase channel.https://recombu.com/digital/article/bt-sport-showcase-free-champions-league-freeview

Andy74
19-08-2015, 05:30 PM
I wasn't able to watch the Man U game live and hadn't recorded it and so I went for the catch up in the BT sport app.

It's a great idea totally ruined when you press the replay game button and it takes you to a page with the full details of the game with the score etc where yin the. Have to press again to p,ay the game you've just been give the score from.

Why on earth would they do that?

SteveHFC
19-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Its getting beyond a joke now. I pay over £100 a month for Sky and can no longer watch champs league or most Scottish games. BT are wanting another £20 a month for sports as I dont want their broadband and don't have cable. I'm thinking of getting rid of Sky sports as the whole TV football thing has gone mad. Meanwhile English clubs pay eye watering amounts of money for ordinary players. Rant over. :fuming::fuming:

We've been with sky since the start 20+ years phoned yesterday to cancel and they offered us a £10 discount for 10 months needless to say we declined and will be sky free and £100 a month better off by 19th September.
BT has also been dumped apart for the free version we get with broadband

HH81
19-08-2015, 05:38 PM
We've been with sky since the start 20+ years phoned yesterday to cancel and they offered us a £10 discount for 10 months needless to say we declined and will be sky free and £100 a month better off by 19th September.

I phoned and got 40quid a month off, try again?

Scouse Hibee
19-08-2015, 05:39 PM
I take it I am the only one that watches the footie and couldn't care less about the commentator? I'm pretty much the same in the ground,I watch the footie and never tune into the opposition songs whatever they are about.

magpie1892
19-08-2015, 05:48 PM
I think they are going to launch BT Sport Showcase channel.

https://recombu.com/digital/article/bt-sport-showcase-free-champions-league-freeview

Better than nowt if you've not got BT, for sure.

bingo70
19-08-2015, 05:51 PM
I take it I am the only one that watches the footie and couldn't care less about the commentator? I'm pretty much the same in the ground,I watch the footie and never tune into the opposition songs whatever they are about.

I'm a bit like that, with the exception of Mark lawrenson though, I struggle to watch any game he commentates on. Owen, scholes etc are fine imo.

ArmadaleHibs
19-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Surprise surprise, not!! No Scott Allan in the squad for champions league game.

Real Emerald
19-08-2015, 05:56 PM
BT has also been dumped apart for the free version we get with broadband

I'm the same been with them since the start and sitting here on Champ league night or when other games are on BT with nowt to watch. Its just not worth it paying another £20 a month and I'm now feeling very ripped off. It's all the more galling watching the English clubs burn our money by the millions while we pay the same Sky fees as them, £400 for a ST but have to fight tooth and nail to stave off £250k bids for our best player. We are mugs or at least I feel mugged on all fronts!

hibsmad
19-08-2015, 05:57 PM
I wasn't able to watch the Man U game live and hadn't recorded it and so I went for the catch up in the BT sport app.

It's a great idea totally ruined when you press the replay game button and it takes you to a page with the full details of the game with the score etc where yin the. Have to press again to p,ay the game you've just been give the score from.

Why on earth would they do that?

I recorded the highlights of the Barca Sevilla 5-4 game last week. Got up the following morning and sat down to watch it. They had the screen like sky sports news (news headlines along the bottom and scores/league tables etc up the side). Five minutes in to the highlights and it told me what the score was along with every stat.

Was raging and couldn't understand why they would do it.

jdships
19-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Have had " BT Broadband " since it started up
Cashed in on the " BT Sport" and happy to pay the fiver a month
European football is OK for what I pay . There were FIVE games on BT Europe/BT Extra last night
Thoroughly enjoyed it !
Dumped Sky many moons ago as poor value for money and have no regrets !!
:thumbsup:

DH1875
19-08-2015, 06:23 PM
I though by rights they had to show at least 1 champions league game each week on free to air TV?

Diclonius
19-08-2015, 06:52 PM
I miss Leigh Griffiths.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2015, 06:59 PM
I though by rights they had to show at least 1 champions league game each week on free to air TV?

I think they're showing one free match every week involving a British team, starting in the group stages.

nellio
19-08-2015, 07:07 PM
No sign of Owen tonight thank god.

i got by sports free as part of my Virgin package. Cost is going up by 3 quid a year so not too bad.

DH1875
19-08-2015, 07:17 PM
I think they're showing one free match every week involving a British team, starting in the group stages.

Could be wrong but they don't have a free channel that everyone can view, do they?

DH1875
19-08-2015, 07:19 PM

Chris Sutton aint that much better though.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Could be wrong but they don't have a free channel that everyone can view, do they?

I think they'll just unscramble one of their channels for whatever match they're going to show free. Just like Sky have done in the past when they've had a free weekend of Sky Sports to non-subscribers.

Onceinawhile
19-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Surprise surprise, not!! No Scott Allan in the squad for champions league game.

Don't think he was signed in time to be registered.

Heedersnvolleys
19-08-2015, 07:35 PM
I think they are going to launch BT Sport Showcase channel.

https://recombu.com/digital/article/bt-sport-showcase-free-champions-league-freeview
Just seen the advert at half time BT Sport Showcase is on free view channel 59

lucky
19-08-2015, 07:45 PM

i got by sports free as part of my Virgin package. Cost is going up by 3 quid a year so not too bad.

I thought it was going up £3 a month. It's getting really expensive now though. I'm £110 a month for phone, broadband & Tv. 3 boxes with sport and films

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2015, 02:18 PM
I thought it was going up £3 a month. It's getting really expensive now though. I'm £110 a month for phone, broadband & Tv. 3 boxes with sport and films

The sooner the penny drops how much folks are paying for entertainment the better. It's like a stealth tax that's crept up but in the cold light of day it's staggering what folks used to spend as a % of their income on TV, phone(s)

liamh2202
20-08-2015, 06:33 PM
For all the guys thinking of leaving .. Cancel and play hardball.after being refused an extension to my half price offer I then refused it when they did offer it after I canceled.. Three weeks later they came back with a final offer to try keep me. I now get all channels ,inc movies and sport for 26 quid , best bit is there is no contract so can cancel anytime. I have BT broadband so got BT sport added to my sky for an extra fiver. TV,internet and phone cost us around 45 quid all in per month

Hibby Bairn
20-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Anyone use NOW TV?

nellio
21-08-2015, 11:57 AM

Aye sorry, its 3 quid a month. Have to agree the XL pack is good but it is getting pricey, the broadband is superb though lightning fast. Before I was living here back home I was paying BT 30 quid a month for Phoneline and fast Broadband and then another60 quid to sky for movies and sports.

here i'm paying a bit more but have 2 HD boxes (one a 1GB Tivo) unlimited calls, line rental and all the movies and all the sports channels including all BT. Plus I got it all half price for the first 6 months so not too bad in comparison to what I was paying before.