PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CHOOSE OUR KIT COLOUR FOR NEXT SEASON

RSS Bot
18-08-2015, 09:40 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5642)

Gatecrasher
18-08-2015, 09:41 AM
I think emerald might win this time as we've had 2 dark green efforts in quick succession.
Hopefully the kits are as good looking as this seasons .

Frazerbob
18-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Emerald every time for me.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm very disappointed we're not being given a list of Pantone Colours to choose from.

In the absence of such a choice, I'll go with Emerald Green... as long as it's not too light.

Andy74
18-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Great idea!

I like the darker green.

DarrenSQH
18-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Emerald for me.

Steve20
18-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Emerald Green.

The Bottle Green tops are horrible, especially this season's one. The away strip being quality makes up for it a bit, mind.

Stevie Reid
18-08-2015, 10:04 AM
A very simple but very good idea - bottle green for me.

Diclonius
18-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Bottle green every time.

Smartie
18-08-2015, 10:06 AM
I love this year's kit and I like bottle green.

But I'm up for a change back to emerald for next season.

Brightside
18-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Pink.

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 10:08 AM
pink.

ltyf

GreenCastle
voted and Emerald Green :agree: quite like this seasons kit but prefer the lighter shade.

Good link of previous Hibs kits - http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm

Well done to the club asking the fans - this seasons kits show involving the fans = successful kit sales.

Scouse Hibee
How about we stop changing kits every year and spare a thought for parents who have the expense of their kids wanting the latest strip.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Pink.

There's always one

:greengrin

I expect Blackpool to be along in a minute and suggest Blue. He's obsessed about it.

Greencore
18-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Half and half

Northern Hibby
18-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Green :greengrin

nellio
18-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Back to Emerald green for me. I do like this years bottle green kit though.

Brightside
18-08-2015, 10:14 AM
I do want the away one next year to be Purple with white stripes.

But I honestly wouldn't mind a breakaway from the standard home kit.

silverhibee
18-08-2015, 10:18 AM
White.

dangermouse
18-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Bottle green for me.

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Good to see fans being asked on this matter....Emerald green for me.

Future17
18-08-2015, 10:39 AM
How about we stop changing kits every year and spare a thought for parents who have the expense of their kids wanting the latest strip.

Any other revenue streams for the Club you want to cut off at the same time?

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 10:44 AM

Any idea how much a club like Hibs makes from new shirt sales every year?

:dunno:

It'd be interesting to know what percentage of our income it is, just to see how much of a difference this really makes.

I obviously have no idea, so it might be insignificant or it might be invaluable.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Emerald Green.

The Bottle Green tops are horrible, especially this season's one. The away strip being quality makes up for it a bit, mind.

Your honestly the first person I've seen or heard not liking this seasons home kit?! The bottle green from 2012/13 was also universally loved as well and sold extremely well.

I personally love both shades and like that we have switched between the two recently. Emerald will win this vote due to 3 of our last 4 kits being bottle green. If this vote had been 5 years ago then bottle would have won due to us not having a bottle green kit for years.
Hopefully we continue to rotate between the two in years to come, just remember our white sleeves Hibs [emoji4]

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-08-2015, 10:55 AM

Nice sentiment but 99% of teams change yearly now so those days are gone I think. The club will be used to the revenue coming in each summer now I guess

jacomo
18-08-2015, 10:55 AM

It'd be interesting to know what percentage of our income it is, just to see how much of a difference this really makes.

I obviously have no idea, so it might be insignificant or it might be invaluable.

Would alternate new home or away strips each season build anticipation and demand more? Presumably not (I'm sure we are just following the lead of the biggest clubs in terms of merchandising).

Aesthetically, I really like bottle green, but wonder if emerald green is easier to identify and therefore better to play in?

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Would alternate new home or away strips each season build anticipation and demand more? Presumably not (I'm sure we are just following the lead of the biggest clubs in terms of merchandising).

Aesthetically, I really like bottle green, but wonder if emerald green is easier to identify and therefore better to play in?

Up until fairly recently, we used to change shirt only every two years. I'm not really sure that it's necessary to do this every single year.

TBH, if I had my way, I'd stick with one design and never change it, but it seems to be a necessary evil of the modern age.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2015, 11:04 AM

No but if I think of one I'll let you know.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Nice sentiment but 99% of teams change yearly now so those days are gone I think. The club will be used to the revenue coming in each summer now I guess

I know they do it was a general comment not really a dig at Hibs, it's just another mass exploitation of football supporters across the board.

lyonhibs
18-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Emerald green for me. Damned if I know my Customer reference number though.......

DH1875
18-08-2015, 11:10 AM
White sleeves.

Future17
18-08-2015, 11:11 AM

No idea, but I would imagine that these days the figure we receive is part of the overall merchandising deal with Nike, although that may still be variable based on shirt sales.

I think a new strip every season is a good thing, as it generates a buzz amongst the support in anticipation which can only fuel the enthusiasm fans have for the Club. I live in Leith and I like seeing the strip being worn in the local area, which invariably happens more in the period after a new strip is launched.

I also don't buy in to the idea that there are loads of parents who are significantly put out by "having" to buy new kits for their kids. I think that's a bit of a myth which is propagated by those who rail against everything they consider to be connected to "modern football".

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 11:13 AM
I think a new strip every season is a good thing, as it generates a buzz amongst the support in anticipation which can only fuel the enthusiasm fans have for the Club. I live in Leith and I like seeing the strip being worn in the local area, which invariably happens more in the period after a new strip is launched.

Different to my view (I'm an old fogey) but it's nice to consider all angles

:aok:

Big_Franck
18-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Emerald green for me. It just doesn't look right otherwise IMO.

Last Minute
18-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Emerald every time for me :gwa:

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2015, 11:26 AM
No idea, but I would imagine that these days the figure we receive is part of the overall merchandising deal with Nike, although that may still be variable based on shirt sales.

I also don't buy in to the idea that there are loads of parents who are significantly put out by "having" to buy new kits for their kids. I think that's a bit of a myth which is propagated by those who rail against everything they consider to be connected to "modern football".

Interesting view but not mine, I certainly am not against everything to do with modern football far from it,I would stop spending tons of cash on it if I was. What I am against is the over inflated price we have to pay to watch and participate in supporting our teams. I know that will never change now though unless there was to be radical salary,transfer and other spending caps. Onwards and upwards for big business football I guess.

allezsauzee
18-08-2015, 11:31 AM

I wonder if people would actually be more inclined to buy the kit if they knew it was going to be 'current' for 2 seasons? As it stands anyone who was thinking about buying a Hibs strip as a Christmas present knows its going in the cut price bucket in a couple of months and no longer the current one by the following May.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2015, 11:34 AM
I wonder if people would actually be more inclined to buy the kit if they knew it was going to be 'current' for 2 seasons? As it stands anyone who was thinking about buying a Hibs strip as a Christmas present knows its going in the cut price bucket in a couple of months and no longer the current one by the following May.

Yes good point, maybe alternating home/away change of kit is a good idea.

RyeSloan
18-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Well was expecting more options than two rather generic greens but a damn good idea none the less and the answer is easy! Emerald Green all the way :-) :-)

Mark79
18-08-2015, 11:39 AM
What interests me is that on twitter all the responses to the post hibs put up seem to be from those over at the asbestos arena. Pretty sad times when they have hibs as a followed twitter account but then they are obsessed with us.

lucky
18-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Emerald every time but we should change only one strip a year. Alternate it between home & away. If they must, bring out a wacky 3rd strip.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Voted emerald green.

Hopefully that means a proper emerald green and not some of the garish lighter greens that have graced our kit on occasion. For me emerald green should be somewhere between the bottle green and some of the greens we saw in the 90s and 00s

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Emerald Green. Though I quite like the bottle green, for me and most Hibbies still breathing I would guess that emerald green is the colour we associate with Hibs.

I have to say that there has been times during games I haven't noticed a player out wide and I think the darker green has something to do with that, I wonder if the players have the same problem.

As someone else said ........... make it a really strong bright Emerald Green, nothing wishy washy please.

Top Pans Hibby
18-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Has to be emerald green and white sleeves every time. GGTTH

ScottB
18-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Alternating wouldn't work for long, as it some point the supplier / sponsor will change, so you'll have to do both at once sooner or later...

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 11:54 AM
I want this shade of green but it seems to be somewhere in between the other two...

overdrive
18-08-2015, 12:07 PM
I want this shade of green but it seems to be somewhere in between the other two...

This is what I'd go for.

Hibrandenburg
18-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Emerald Green and White stripes please. Only every 10 years though and just to teach the lesser greens that history they keep singing about.

hibees 7062
18-08-2015, 12:11 PM
We should have a poll on here aswell

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 12:12 PM
This is what I'd go for.

What green is that though? :greengrin

SteveHFC
18-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Bottle Green.

H18S NX
18-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Emerald for me everytime

KeithTheHibby
18-08-2015, 12:22 PM
I didn't even need to think twice about the colour..emerald green every time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2015, 12:34 PM
There's always one

I expect Blackpool to be along in a minute and suggest Blue. He's obsessed about it.

I think thats more to do with his movie choices :-)

RCNG
18-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Didn't realise they started looking at this sort of stuff so early.

bod
18-08-2015, 12:47 PM

our captain could wear whatever he wants as long as he lifts the cup

JJP
18-08-2015, 12:50 PM
I like the darker green. This seasons home top is probably my favourite of all time.

.Sean.
18-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Hard to say, some of what they class as emerald green is way too light, then again the dark green top from the other year was darker than bottle.

Gone for bottle green on the basis it's the same colour as this seasons. Beautiful.

Green Cabbage 7
18-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Just voted, bottle green for me!

The_Sauz
18-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Maroon

..........toilet paper :na na:

Voted Emerald Green

Purple & Green
18-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Half and half

St Etienne have mixed green shades quite nicely in the past.

emerald green
18-08-2015, 05:55 PM
It has to be emerald green for me. :greengrin

Also good to see Hibs including the fans in this. Well done again Hibs.

Billy Whizz
18-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Over 900 voted already

Bristolhibby
18-08-2015, 06:27 PM
I do want the away one next year to be Purple with white stripes.

But I honestly wouldn't mind a breakaway from the standard home kit.

That would be incredible.

Emerald for me.

J

hibee_nation
18-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Bottle green for me.

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Over 900 voted already

Wonder what the percentage split is?

CentreLine
18-08-2015, 06:59 PM
I like the bottle green but think its time for an emerald effort after two of the darker green. There was a training shirt featured in one of the Famous Five movies some time back that had quartered green and white and I think that would make a great alternative strip. Just an opinion

Billy Whizz
18-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Wonder what the percentage split is?

That would spoil the surprise of next year's strip

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2015, 07:21 PM
That would spoil the surprise of next year's strip

Dinnae like surprises Bill.....:greengrin

mca
18-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Emerald for me... http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Can someone do a Poll on here and then we might get an idea What the Surprise Colour is for Next Season.. :wink:

Eyrie
18-08-2015, 07:36 PM
The key part of the email for me was "And don't worry, we're keeping the white sleeves!" so there won't be a repeat of last year's ridiculous green t-shirt.

PS: voted bottle green.

truehibernian
18-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Emerald green for home top but would like a complete change for the new away one.

Betis play in green and white and I quite liked their Lazio type number couple of years ago,

http://www.macronstoregloucester.com/real-betis-2nd-away-shirt-2013-14/

Hibernia&Alba
18-08-2015, 09:10 PM
I always like bottle green; the early 1970s classic look.

Bishop Hibee
18-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Emerald green for me.

superbam
18-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Quartered kit, bottle green and emerald. Would look quality.

hibbeedavid
18-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Something like the Portland Timbers shirt from a couple years back would be amazing, bottle & emerald halves with white sleeves

I wonder if it'll be Avec who take over shirt production for next year, been a few Just Sport Pro clubs that have made the switch over the past couple of seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basehibby
18-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Emerald Green.

Surely you jest mate?!? I think the current home kit looks magic!

That said we've had a couple of darker numbers on the trot so next season's colour shall be EMERALD GREEN!

LaMotta
18-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Surely you jest mate?!? I think the current home kit looks magic!

That said we've had a couple of darker numbers on the trot so next season's colour shall be EMERALD GREEN!

Agreed the home strip is great this season! It is the away strip that is bogging. Complete opposite of last season!

basehibby
18-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Quartered kit, bottle green and emerald. Would look quality.

I'm not so sure that would be a good look at all - in fact thinking about it has made me feel a bit squiffy. Maybe as a one off they could try a quartered green and white kit some time though ...

Keith_M
19-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Agreed the home strip is great this season! It is the away strip that is bogging. Complete opposite of last season!

Yet it's flying off the shelves and outsold the home strip.

Opinions, eh!

:wink:

Anyway, I'd like to see a dark blue away strip next year, just for a change. Then I can have a Green, White and Dark Blue scarf that I can wear to both Hibs and Scotland games.

Hibrandenburg
19-08-2015, 07:46 AM

Opinions, eh!

Anyway, I'd like to see a dark blue away strip next year, just for a change. Then I can have a Green, White and Dark Blue scarf that I can wear to both Hibs and Scotland games.

Skinflint! :greengrin

Keith_M
19-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Skinflint! :greengrin

I'm a true Scotsman.

LaMotta
19-08-2015, 08:10 AM

Opinions, eh!

Would certainly rather have dark blue than purple and lollipop lady yellow :)

Although it has to surely be time for a classic white with green sleeves reverse of the home strip!

Keith_M
19-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Would certainly rather have dark blue than purple and lollipop lady yellow :)

Although it has to surely be time for a classic white with green sleeves reverse of the home strip!

LeithBoozy
20-08-2015, 11:34 AM
The shorts should have a maroon strip between the flaps of the erse, Emerald always for me, the colour of the grass. :greengrin

hibbeedavid
20-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Vote cast, bottle green!

Would love us to have a hooped kit with white and bottle green but can't see it ever happening

vercol36
20-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Purple and white stripes for an away kit? YES PLEASE. :thumbsup:

MoscowHibs
20-08-2015, 12:34 PM
It has tae be EMERALD GREEN, as that is pretty much the colours I associate the Hibs with since I was a wee laddie ( unlike Jonnyboy who can remember the hoops )

Keith_M
20-08-2015, 02:09 PM
It has tae be EMERALD GREEN, as that is pretty much the colours I associate the Hibs with since I was a wee laddie ( unlike Jonnyboy who can remember the hoops )

Actually, our first ever kit was white and I believe JB designed the badge

jamieross
20-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Something like the Portland Timbers shirt from a couple years back would be amazing, bottle & emerald halves with white sleeves

I wonder if it'll be Avec who take over shirt production for next year, been a few Just Sport Pro clubs that have made the switch over the past couple of seasons

http://www.amazon.com/Portland-Timbers-Replica-Jersey-Green/dp/B004L62C1E http://www.amazon.com/Portland-Timbers-Replica-Jersey-Green/dp/B004L62C1E

This one? I'd like to see it tried but I can't imagine it going down to well with the majority.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2015, 06:38 PM
I'd happily settle for this one :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX9n4156lsU&list=PLuHrwBqIOita9b9HQ9spCWsh9w9brZjBS&index=21

Hibernia&Alba
20-08-2015, 06:42 PM
I'd happily settle for this one :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX9n4156lsU&list=PLuHrwBqIOita9b9HQ9spCWsh9w9brZjBS&index=21

Yes, that's the perfect design. Just keep that and don't change it again.

PatHead
20-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Can we get a team of that quality to wear it as well please?

Steve-O
21-08-2015, 10:27 AM
A colour halfway between the two for me! Bit darker than the emerald, bit lighter than the bottle. Otherwise known as...green :greengrin

Keith_M
21-08-2015, 10:48 AM
I don't even know if this is a real colour but when I was a kid, during the 70s, we used to describe the Hibs strip as being 'Grass Green'.

In my mind, that was somewhere between Bottle and Emerald.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Emerald for me.

GreenCastle
21-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Deadline is today at 5pm - make sure you vote so there are no complaints when the strip is released :greengrin

Big_Franck
27-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Do we know what the results of this were? Not seen anything on here or on the official site.