Is he?????????????????????????

Franck Stanton
17-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Jamie insall set to sigh

Opinion or information ?

Hermit Crab
17-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Jamie insall set to sign

What's he going to sigh about? Double training session tomorrow?

Hermit Crab
17-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Terrible thread title by the way WH

wick hibby
17-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Opinion or information ?

hibs news face book next 48 hours

Hermit Crab
17-08-2015, 05:29 PM
hibs news face book

:rolleyes:

high bee
17-08-2015, 05:30 PM
hibs news face book next 48 hours

Also going by Insall's Twitter account, someone posted it on another thread.

wick hibby
17-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Terrible thread title by the way WH
Sorry I will try to be better next
time lol lol

wick hibby
17-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Plus on his profile is says he is coming to hibs

Brummie_Hibs
17-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Google his name. News stories everywhere about it.

Edit - old stories though

hibs#1
17-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Seen on sky sports Swansea have signed bottia boa from Falkirk

CB_NO3
17-08-2015, 05:44 PM
A non league striker who scored a lot of goals. Hopefully he is a hidden gem.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-08-2015, 05:45 PM
If we sign him i hope he stays fit. ....we don't want to add insall to injury

bill the hibby
17-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Hahaha. Like it

high bee
17-08-2015, 05:49 PM

Let's hope he's got cruise control, wouldn't want him to do his achilles in on that long drive.

JimBHibees
17-08-2015, 06:03 PM

Oh dear. :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
17-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Stourbridge FC twitter page don't seem to think so.

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2015, 07:07 PM

:top marks

In all seriousness though. I'm not adverse taking a wee punt on these kind of lads. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Gatecrasher
17-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Strange that they actually bother to respond to the rumours from fans sites, where most rumours are total pish.

brassmonkeybar
Seems players announce when they have signed on their social media before the club do.

if this is the case im sure mcgeouch will have it on his twitter account tonite

CMac1988

10/10 Will read again.

SunshineOnLeith
17-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Can we have a new rule that anyone who claims Facebook as a source has to let someone hit them in the face, with a really heavy book?

jdships
17-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Can we have a new rule that anyone who claims Facebook as a source has to let someone hit them in the face, with a really heavy book?

Amen to that . p,,,,s me off big time !
By the way , the Falkirk lad seems to have picked himself a decent contract !!:thumbsup:

Edinburgh Green
17-08-2015, 07:21 PM
I've never known us to get so worked up over a player who will probably spend all season in the development team

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2015, 07:25 PM
I've never known us to get so worked up over a player who will probably spend all season in the development team

And your problem about people being interested about a player signing and playing in our development team is....?

bingo70
17-08-2015, 07:32 PM

I'm not sure if that'll be the case, he'll be used to playing against burly old physical centre halfs in non league football, I'm not sure what good it'd do him going back to playing against young laddies again.

Imo he'll be around the fringes of the first team and will initially start off on the bench most weeks but over the course of the season we'll be hoping he starts to make an impact.

Edinburgh Green
17-08-2015, 07:54 PM
And your problem about people being interested about a player signing and playing in our development team is....?

Who said I had a problem with it? I've just never seen so many threads and comments on a guy who has played at such a low level.

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Who said I had a problem with it? I've just never seen so many threads and comments on a guy who has played at such a low level.

Maybe my mistake? It seemed your tone implied a negative slant towards people being interested in him signing. I guess it was the reference to your assumption he would be a development team player.

Must just have been me who misread the tone of your post. Apologies.

The_Sauz
17-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Ivan Sproule :dunno:

Waxy
17-08-2015, 08:04 PM
It's a Roy of the rovers signing.good to see.
At least no one can get on his back and moan at him, should get nothing but encouragement.

Ozyhibby
17-08-2015, 08:05 PM
He's 22 so they will be expecting him to make an impact on the first team this season at some point.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2015, 08:05 PM
At least no one can get on his back and moan at him, should get nothing but encouragement.

:faf: I like your optimism there!

:greengrin

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2015, 08:08 PM

I think you've just confirmed what I thought initially. :agree:

For me there's nothing wrong with having a look, taking a punt at a lad playing at a ''lower level''. It may work out? It may not? What's the harm in trying?

Iggy Pope
17-08-2015, 08:08 PM

Have you seen many threads or comments of any sort on any guy who has played at such a low level? I think it is uncharted territory. I for one am very interested.

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2015, 08:09 PM
He's 22 so they will be expecting him to make an impact on the first team this season at some point.

Why?

I'm keen to know.

Why not next season?

Waxy
17-08-2015, 08:09 PM
:faf: I like your optimism there!

:greengrinI know we have the odd screamers in our support, the guys who look like their heads about to spontaniously combust when a pass goes backwards.Surely even they cannot moan at this guy?

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Have you seen many threads or comments of any sort on any guy who has played at such a low level? I think it is uncharted territory. I for one am very interested.

Wish I had said that. :agree:

The boy will cost next to nothing. People are talking about him. Why not have a little bit of hope that a boy from nowhere makes it into pro football?

People are interested.

Ozyhibby
17-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Why?

I'm keen to know.

Why not next season?

Maybe your right, maybe they're signing him for next season or even longer term. Maybe they are thinking 2017/18 season.
IMHO I think they will be looking for him to be playing a part this season though,

bingo70
17-08-2015, 08:23 PM
I think you've just confirmed what I thought initially. :agree:

For me there's nothing wrong with having a look, taking a punt at a lad playing at a ''lower level''. It may work out? It may not? What's the harm in trying?

he's clearly too good for that level so how good that standard is isn't really relevant.

MyJo
17-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Wish I had said that. :agree:

The boy will cost next to nothing. People are talking about him. Why not have a little bit of hope that a boy from nowhere makes it into pro football?

People are interested.

:agree:

there is another thread on the go suggesting we sign a guy who hadn't played 11-a-sides until he signed for dunfermline a year ago.

and as someone else has mentioned already, what level of football was Ivan Sproule playing at at a similar age when we signed him?

Hibbyradge
17-08-2015, 08:55 PM

:not worth

ALF TUPPER
17-08-2015, 08:58 PM

Hahahahaha Top post 👍😂

Hibbyradge
17-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Ian Wright was playing for Greenwich Borough before Palace took him on trial. Just saying.

In my opinion, if Alan Stubbs think Insall's good enough to extend his trial, then that is exciting.

RedHibby
17-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Look at Charlie Austin and Danny Ings. It is definitely worth a punt.

The_Horde
17-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Ian Wright was playing for Greenwich Borough before Palace took him on trial. Just saying.

In my opinion, if Alan Stubbs think Insall's good enough to extend his trial, then that is exciting.

Considering the calibre of some of the trialists we've had, if stubbs thinks this lads good enough for us then I'll happily believe him.

bill the hibby
17-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Take a punt, why not

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Picture of him on his FB wearing his Hibs training top. Lovely comment from some melt underneath it saying 'Fenian club' [emoji57]

147lothian
17-08-2015, 09:54 PM
He could be a surprise package, the type of signing that will Insall confidence in the fan's

Greencore
17-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Picture of him on his FB wearing his Hibs training top. Lovely comment from some melt underneath it saying 'Fenian club' [emoji57]

Saw that yeah and he "liked" the comment... Good to see him dis respecting us already 😀

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2015, 10:24 PM

He's confident that the Huns will come in with a late bid of 175,000 quid in insallments.

E10 Rifle
17-08-2015, 10:40 PM

Jess Barton or Duke Dancer from Durrells Palace come to mind

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Vinnie Jones played for Wealdstone and worked part-time as a Hod Carrier before finding fame with Wimbledon

Oops, I think I've just ruined my own argument...

itslegaltender
18-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Saw that yeah and he "liked" the comment... Good to see him dis respecting us already 

His Dad on facebook appears to be a bit of a "character".

Bayern Bru
18-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Stourbridge FC twitter page don't seem to think so.

Despite the Stourbridge manager saying the exact opposite (http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/non-league/2015/08/11/stourbridges-jamie-insall-on-verge-of-dream-move/) barely a week ago?

:greengrin

J-C
18-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Look at Charlie Austin and Danny Ings. It is definitely worth a punt.

Chris Smalling at Man U started off in 2007 playing for Maidstone U, pick up by Fulham in 2008 and has now played 154 times for Man U since 2010.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Saw that yeah and he "liked" the comment... Good to see him dis respecting us already 

Maybe he doesn't know what the word means

:dunno:

Brightside
18-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Do we have a dev game today? I see his dad has wished him "Good luck today my little white Pele" ??? Either that or he's being announce today anyone ITK?

Gatecrasher
18-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Stalkers.net :greengrin

bill the hibby
18-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Do we have a dev game today? I see his dad has wished him "Good luck today my little white Pele" ??? Either that or he's being announce today anyone ITK?

Sure we have a development game tonight

I appear to be talking ****

sadtom
18-08-2015, 09:48 AM

Just checked that out. No' too impressed.

His old man referring to us as a '**** club' and a '**** shirt'.
Bit of a stretch to suggest he doesnt 'know what it (fenian) means', the orange monkey who posted it would appear to be perfectly aware what it means, judging by the 'rule brittania' ***** on his page. Wonder if he'll come up for a visit?

Dont think i've ever disliked a player before they have kicked a ball for us...have to say i'm pretty close this time.
Maybe best he stays with Waterybottom-on-the-mould F.C. or whatever no-mark, one horse, hick town club he's currently at.

bill the hibby
18-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Bit of a stretch to suggest he doesnt 'know what it (fenian) means', the orange monkey who posted it would appear to be perfectly aware what it means, judging by the 'rule brittania' ***** on his page. Wonder if he'll come up for a visit?

Dont think i've ever disliked a player before they have kicked a ball for us...have to say i'm pretty close this time.
Maybe best he stays with Waterybottom-on-the-mould F.C. or whatever no-mark, one horse, hick town club he's currently at.

Think you should chill out man, bit of an over reaction

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Lets hope the kid does well. Someone from non-league football probably has much more to prove than kids who have been at professional clubs for a while. Maybe that hunger can rub off on a few others also. Hope he does well and we you cant have too many players that know where the net is.

J-C
18-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Lets hope the kid does well. Someone from non-league football probably has much more to prove than kids who have been at professional clubs for a while. Maybe that hunger can rub off on a few others also. Hope he does well and we you cant have too many players that know where the net is.

Problem is we've not got a good record with these signings, Clayton Donaldson never given a chance and went on to have a cracking little career and is now with Birmingham., Eoin Doyle now playing at Cardiff.

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Problem is we've not got a good record with these signings, Clayton Donaldson never given a chance and went on to have a cracking little career and is now with Birmingham., Eoin Doyle now playing at Cardiff.

Ivan was a cracking signing for 5k.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 10:55 AM

Ivan Sproule.

MSK
18-08-2015, 10:59 AM

Maybe best he stays with Waterybottom-on-the-mould F.C. or whatever no-mark, one horse, hick town club he's currently at.Who honestly gives a **** what his dad thinks of us ? It's his lad that we could be signing not the dad. If he signs and bangs in a few goals then that's good enough for me.

J-C
18-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Ivan Sproule.

Thanks for reminding this auld forgetful git :greengrin Yes there is one and I'm pretty sure back in the auld days players were signed from semi pro clubs, just can't remember which ones.

HappyHanlon
18-08-2015, 11:08 AM

What a classless remark.

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Thanks for reminding this auld forgetful git :greengrin Yes there is one and I'm pretty sure back in the auld days players were signed from semi pro clubs, just can't remember which ones.

Joe Baker Armadale Juniors I think it was.

Northern Hibby
18-08-2015, 11:09 AM

looks like it's a bit of banter between Father & Son, other posts are wishing him "Good Luck in Scotland"

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 11:10 AM
looks like it's a bit of banter between Father & Son, other posts are wishing him "Good Luck in Scotland"

Yep no doubt that is what it is. Social media has a lot to answer for. :greengrin

Northern Hibby
18-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Yep no doubt that is what it is. Social media has a lot to answer for. :greengrin

Bet he loves being called "little white Pele" :faf:

Greencore
18-08-2015, 11:28 AM
what a classless remark.
lol

Hermit Crab
18-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Is he signing or what?

Mathias Jack
18-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Seems players announce when they have signed on their social media before the club do.

if this is the case im sure mcgeouch will have it on his twitter account tonite

I follow him on Twitter and just checked out his Facebook. There are NO posts saying he's signing on either.

Yeah he's pictured in a Hibs training shirt. At most, that would only suggest what everybody else on here know's on here...that he's been on trial.

BH Hibs
18-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Joe Baker Armadale Juniors I think it was.

Yes Armadale Thistle. In fact the Dale used to be a bit of a feeder club for Hibs back in the day. Colin Stein amongst others.

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Yes Armadale Thistle. In fact the Dale used to be a bit of a feeder club for Hibs back in the day. Colin Stein amongst others.

What we could do with two strikers of that quality nowadays.

Waxy
18-08-2015, 12:26 PM

Maybe best he stays with Waterybottom-on-the-mould F.C. or whatever no-mark, one horse, hick town club he's currently at.That's a bit sad Tom.

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Who cares where the guy has played before ......... If he is an undiscovered rough diamond and turns out to be brilliant happy days, if he doesn't we have lost nothing.

brassmonkeybar
18-08-2015, 12:36 PM
I follow him on Twitter and just checked out his Facebook. There are NO posts saying he's signing on either.

Yeah he's pictured in a Hibs training shirt. At most, that would only suggest what everybody else on here know's on here...that he's been on trial.
In the transfer thread post#5658 is a screenshot. I based my post on that.

The way i read it is if his 'hardest most emotional goodbye ever been involved in' is just coming here for a weeks trial then imo he wouldnt settle here if he got a 1/2/3 year deal . Not if hes in tears leaving home for a week.

however I'll let others interpret it how they see it

just to add, thats why i see it as he has signed and that imo is him as good as announcing it.

i assume the club were aware of the post and perhaps why its not on his fb when u viewed???

Waxy
18-08-2015, 12:55 PM
If he does or has signed,will it be announced anyway? With him coming from a really small team i reckon it'll get mentioned he's signed when DM is announced.

IWasThere2016
18-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Who cares where the guy has played before ......... If he is an undiscovered rough diamond and turns out to be brilliant happy days, if he doesn't we have lost nothing.

Yup. Ivan Sproule anyone??

Iggy Pope
18-08-2015, 03:29 PM

Then again, maybe he is a good Fenian who is happy to join a club with our historically bold Fenian origins?

Bostonhibby
18-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Then again, maybe he is a good Fenian who is happy to join a club with our historically bold Fenian origins?

In that case Atheist Hibs fans ain't going to be happy:grr:

When are we going to sign a team of atheists FFS?

InterviewLoI
18-08-2015, 03:41 PM

Jason Cummings Hutchie Vale?

Iggy Pope
18-08-2015, 03:55 PM

:greengrin Don't mean to hijack this with theology but you've misguidedly brought religion into it...Fenians don't have to believe in a God or a religion any more than your average Scottish Nationalist.
Anyway, I hope he signs. Broad church that we are (small c).

Bostonhibby
18-08-2015, 04:38 PM
:greengrin Don't mean to hijack this with theology but you've misguidedly brought religion into it...Fenians don't have to believe in a God or a religion any more than your average Scottish Nationalist.
Anyway, I hope he signs. Broad church that we are (small c).
I finally caught one [emoji6]

TBH I just want sectarianism out of football and Scotland.

brog
18-08-2015, 05:17 PM

Colin Stein definitely came from the Dale, I remember him playing in the public trial, having a blinder & being signed that night. Although Joe Baker was shown as coming from Armadale I think he was actually with us from his early teens & was only farmed out/registered with Armadale. Joe was a 1st team regular from the age of 17 so it's hard to think he could have had much of a Junior career at Armadale.

BH Hibs
18-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Colin Stein definitely came from the Dale, I remember him playing in the public trial, having a blinder & being signed that night. Although Joe Baker was shown as coming from Armadale I think he was actually with us from his early teens & was only farmed out/registered with Armadale. Joe was a 1st team regular from the age of 17 so it's hard to think he could have had much of a Junior career at Armadale.

Definately signed him from Armadale mate. But you are right there was some sort of unofficial reciprocal arrangement back in the day

Iggy Pope
18-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I finally caught one [emoji6]

TBH I just want sectarianism out of football and Scotland.

Right, right. Good. And you think my post was sectarian? Silly boy.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2015, 07:56 PM

Blackley, Brownlie, Baker, Stein....

Discussed this recently on the Ormiston Primrose thread that derailed into a discussion on the merits of Graham Harvey :greengrin

Bostonhibby
18-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Right, right. Good. And you think my post was sectarian? Silly boy.
Not at all.

Difference appreciated it's just that in my experience it tends to be football fans with sectarian leanings, like the hun for example who do tend to use the term fenian in that context.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Not at all.

Difference appreciated it's just that in my experience it tends to be football fans with sectarian leanings, like the hun for example who do tend to use the term fenian in that context.

I wouldn't have had a clue there was anything sectarian connected until I read it on here strangely enough.

And I agree with you. Huns get all sorts of things out of context. Does that mean you caught me?

portycabbage
18-08-2015, 08:08 PM

Keep the faith.

:wink:

Bostonhibby
18-08-2015, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't have had a clue there was anything sectarian connected until I read it on here strangely enough.

And I agree with you. Huns get all sorts of things out of context. Does that mean you caught me?

No. Cack handed attempt at levity even allowing for the wink.

J-C
18-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Blackley, Brownlie, Baker, Stein....

Discussed this recently on the Ormiston Primrose thread that derailed into a discussion on the merits of Graham Harvey :greengrin

Cheers, I knew there were a few but the old memory cells aint what they used to be. :greengrin

E10 Rifle
19-08-2015, 08:41 AM

Genius

Brightside
19-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Signed. As far as announcement I believe it will be an "and we have also signed..." at the same time as Dylans.

scoopyboy
19-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Signed. As far as announcement I believe it will be an "and we have also signed..." at the same time as Dylans.

Good man.

:top marks

Vault Boy
19-08-2015, 11:41 AM

Glorious. Thank you for sharing. :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
19-08-2015, 11:46 AM
And I presume he'd be in the development squad for a few games as a minimum. Will certainly be an interesting signing.

Brightside
19-08-2015, 11:50 AM
And I presume he'd be in the development squad for a few games as a minimum. Will certainly be an interesting signing.

Yep - I don't see him being launched in to the first team tbh.

Ozyhibby
19-08-2015, 11:54 AM

Out of interest, is the development team age related? Do you have to be u20 to play?

Brightside
19-08-2015, 11:58 AM
5 overage can be in the match day squad.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Out of interest, is the development team age related? Do you have to be u20 to play?

5 overage players allowed

BT58
19-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Never saw this lad before, but could he not have an impact like wee Ivan :wink::wink:,
come on as a sub and score a hat trick against the auld hun [ or is my mind playing tricks with me, again:greengrin]

Brightside
19-08-2015, 12:12 PM
What I will say is im told he actually signed on Monday..... so again no announcement.

Lago
19-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Sometimes I think we under estimate young players and effectively hold them back, I see West Ham played a 16 year old in a first team game a couple of weeks ago. Not all can handle it mind you.

CallumLaidlaw
19-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Never saw this lad before, but could he not have an impact like wee Ivan :wink::wink:,
come on as a sub and score a hat trick against the auld hun [ or is my mind playing tricks with me, again:greengrin]

What I will say if that Ivan had been with us for a few months at that point, and was almost set to go back to Ireland before THAT game.

JimBHibees
19-08-2015, 01:05 PM
What I will say if that Ivan had been with us for a few months at that point, and was almost set to go back to Ireland before THAT game.

Was it not the game he scored at Parkhead that kind of turned it around which I am pretty sure was before the hat trick game.

MrRobot
19-08-2015, 01:17 PM
What a classless remark.

The whole post is classless. Disliking a young lad who might sign for a team you support 'cause of his dad is honestly utterly ridiculous.

Imagine Messi about to sign for Hibs and his Dad says they are a joke of a low league team :greengrin - Transfer cancelled.

I honestly hope that was poorly executed sarcasm that post, either that or you need to seriuously chill out.

Hopefully all goes well for the boy and he bzngs them in. Gives the boy the platform and we may get a cracking signing. Nothing to lose.

In regards to him liking a comment - I have seen loads of footballers liking comments that insult them. Usually, this is done in a sarcastic manner. Wouldn't read much into it.

RMQ1967
19-08-2015, 01:20 PM
What I will say is im told he actually signed on Monday..... so again no announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off until after the rangers game to announce any new signings - offset potential bad news from the game on Sunday with good news on Monday.

CallumLaidlaw
19-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Was it not the game he scored at Parkhead that kind of turned it around which I am pretty sure was before the hat trick game.

Your memory is correct. He came on in that game with 20 minutes to go. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4495875.stm

Cant remember if it was before this game, or the closed season just after that he was rumoured to go back to Ireland tho.