PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin

theonlywayisup
17-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Hibs Twitter reporting that he has been called up to the Scotland u19 squad.

Well done Scott :agree:

doddsy
17-08-2015, 04:48 PM

Totally agree and pass on my congrats to the young man too, well done Scott. Keep up the hard work.

Unseen work
17-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Forgot how young he was. Brilliant for him.

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2015, 05:13 PM
good for the laddie :agree:

Weststandwanab
17-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Totally agree and pass on my congrats to the young man too, well done Scott. Keep up the hard work.

Me too.

I have enjoyed what I have seen of you so far in terms of playing football.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2015, 05:19 PM

When and where is the game?

theonlywayisup
17-08-2015, 05:41 PM
When and where is the game?

Bulgaria away on the 2nd and 4th September. You going :greengrin

International Under-19 Challenge Matches
Bulgaria vs Scotland
2nd / 4th September 2015

Scot Gemmill today confirmed his first Scotland Under-19 squad since being appointed as coach for the upcoming friendly matches away to Bulgaria.

Gemmill has stepped up following a successful tenure with Scotland Under-17s, where he guided Scotland to back-to-back appearances at the UEFA European Championships in 2014 and 2015.

He has included a number of players who under Gemmill reached the semi-finals of the 2014 finals in Malta, including Robby McCrorie, Aidan Nesbiit and Ryan Hardie.

Mark Hill and Frank Ross were also part of the group that reached the last-16 this summer in Bulgaria.

The squad also includes a call-up for Chelsea’s Ruben Sammut, who played a part in the London club’s UEFA Youth League success last season.

Scotland's European qualiyfing campaign begins in November, where they will face Slovenia, Latvia and host-nation Republic of Ireland in a round-robin format.

Gemmill said: "I think we have a really talented group of young players coming through.

"Already there are a number of players with first-team experience and that will stand us in good stead for the forthcoming European Championship qualifying campaign.

"Some of these guys played at the under-17 finals in Malta (2014) and Bulgaria (2015) and it would be great if we were able to make next summer's under-19 finals and give them more high-level experience.

"Bulgaria will present us with a difficult test but it's just the kind of preparation we need and I'm looking forward to working with the players again."

Scotland Under-19 squad to face Bulgaria:

Goalkeepers
Robby McCrorie (Rangers)
Devlin Mackay (Kilmarnock)

Defenders
Ross McCrorie (Rangers)
Kieran Tierney (Celtic)
Kyle Cameron (Newcastle United)
Sam Wardrop (Celtic)
Zak Jules (Reading)

Midfielders
Joseph Thomson (Celtic)
Scott Martin (Hibernian)
Ruben Sammut (Chelsea)
Jack Breslin (Celtic)
Mark Hill (Celtic)
Frank Ross (Aberdeen)
Aidan Nesbitt (Celtic)

Forwards
Ryan Hardie (Rangers)
Craig Wighton (Dundee - on loan to Raith Rovers)
Greg Kiltie (Kilmarnock)
Scott Wright (Aberdeen)
Oliver Burke (Nottingham Forest)

theonlywayisup
17-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Bulgaria away on the 2nd and 4th September. You going :greengrin

International Under-19 Challenge Matches
Bulgaria vs Scotland
2nd / 4th September 2015

Scot Gemmill today confirmed his first Scotland Under-19 squad since being appointed as coach for the upcoming friendly matches away to Bulgaria.

Gemmill has stepped up following a successful tenure with Scotland Under-17s, where he guided Scotland to back-to-back appearances at the UEFA European Championships in 2014 and 2015.

He has included a number of players who under Gemmill reached the semi-finals of the 2014 finals in Malta, including Robby McCrorie, Aidan Nesbiit and Ryan Hardie.

Mark Hill and Frank Ross were also part of the group that reached the last-16 this summer in Bulgaria.

The squad also includes a call-up for Chelsea’s Ruben Sammut, who played a part in the London club’s UEFA Youth League success last season.

Scotland's European qualiyfing campaign begins in November, where they will face Slovenia, Latvia and host-nation Republic of Ireland in a round-robin format.

Gemmill said: "I think we have a really talented group of young players coming through.

"Already there are a number of players with first-team experience and that will stand us in good stead for the forthcoming European Championship qualifying campaign.

"Some of these guys played at the under-17 finals in Malta (2014) and Bulgaria (2015) and it would be great if we were able to make next summer's under-19 finals and give them more high-level experience.

"Bulgaria will present us with a difficult test but it's just the kind of preparation we need and I'm looking forward to working with the players again."

Scotland Under-19 squad to face Bulgaria:

Goalkeepers
Robby McCrorie (Rangers)
Devlin Mackay (Kilmarnock)

Defenders
Ross McCrorie (Rangers)
Kieran Tierney (Celtic)
Kyle Cameron (Newcastle United)
Sam Wardrop (Celtic)
Zak Jules (Reading)

Midfielders
Joseph Thomson (Celtic)
Scott Martin (Hibernian)
Ruben Sammut (Chelsea)
Jack Breslin (Celtic)
Mark Hill (Celtic)
Frank Ross (Aberdeen)
Aidan Nesbitt (Celtic)

Forwards
Ryan Hardie (Rangers)
Craig Wighton (Dundee - on loan to Raith Rovers)
Greg Kiltie (Kilmarnock)
Scott Wright (Aberdeen)
Oliver Burke (Nottingham Forest)

I see no Hertz players in the squad.

high bee
17-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Strachan issued a hands off warning to Gemmil, not to pick any of the Hertz starlets as they are only to be used for the first team.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2015, 05:53 PM

Ta, not able to go. Looks like Scott may miss a couple of Hibs games

CorrieHibs
18-08-2015, 02:05 PM
No Henderson. Or does he play for the age group above?

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 02:11 PM
No Henderson. Or does he play for the age group above?

Would assume 21s

Moon unit
19-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Is that the ghost of Brian Clough?...."Young Man"!..:wink: