PDA

View Full Version : Weekend stats.

Spike Mandela
16-08-2015, 02:37 PM
By all accounts Hibs look ponderous and slow making hard work of games . Sevco meanwhile appear to be flying, playing with width, pace and spreading the goals around.

Stats of the weekend games though make interesting reading .....

Shots on goal....... Hibs 20 Rangers 18
Shots on target.... Hibs 11 Rangers 8
Goals.................. Hibs 1 Rangers 5

Stats of course can tell you anything that you want to read in to anything but it sure seems like we are continuing to squander chances like we did last season. For the amount of chances we have we MUST be scoring more.

SmashinGlass
16-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Couldn't agree more. We NEED to be more clinical. The amount of chances we waste is unacceptable

Ozyhibby
16-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Saturday was a classic example of the problems we faced last season. Lots of possession, plenty chances but not killing the game off. In the end 1 was enough but it so easily could have gone wrong.

Real Emerald
16-08-2015, 03:06 PM
It also helps if you actually get the penalties given, go one or two up and start playing with confidence and less fear. I'm not holding my breath on that though!

greenlex
16-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Rangers were shooting against Andy McNeil. We were not.

J-C
16-08-2015, 04:13 PM
I've said it on numerous threads we have a very poor shots to goals ratio, Malonga isn't an out and out striker, Cummings still very inconsistent, Keatings and Farid have both got good goals to games ratio but are injured.

Ozyhibby
16-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Makings missed two sitters yesterday that could have been game over by half time.

Borderhibbie76
16-08-2015, 04:24 PM
I've said it on numerous threads we have a very poor shots to goals ratio, Malonga isn't an out and out striker, Cummings still very inconsistent, Keatings and Farid have both got good goals to games ratio but are injured.

Yet another dig at Cummings...inconsistent yet top scorer in league last season and has 3 already this season. But dont let that stop u in
yet another .net myth

mikewynne
16-08-2015, 04:25 PM
The quality of chances we create is also important, we seem to create lots of rushed half chances against defenses that have had ample time to pack the box. Those chances are always going to be difficult to score. If we created more chances like JCs goal yesterday (to feet, in room, against back tracking defenders) I'm sure our shots to goals ratio would look much better.

The_Horde
16-08-2015, 04:26 PM
I think we're still missing attackers who can cause defenders real problems. We have some nice footballers in the team, and two strikers who know where the goals are. But we really struggle for an out ball at times and I feel we very rarely commit opposition defenders.

I'd like us to sign another pacey or tricky forward player before the window closes as well as a defender or two. Probably being too optimistic though. Hopefully Farid comes back soon, we really miss the big guys presence.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Cummings inconsistency is worrying, 3 goals in 4 games so far pretty poor.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-08-2015, 04:34 PM

Quite simply not good enough. What's Lee Power up to these days?

green day
16-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Quite simply not good enough. What's Lee Power up to these days?

Multi millionaire owner of some football club down south

J-C
16-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Yet another dig at Cummings...inconsistent yet top scorer in league last season and has 3 already this season. But dont let that stop u in
yet another .net myth

Inconsistency re goals to shots ratio, yes great 1st season and already 3 goals but was seemingly shocking the other night, as a lad he'll get better the more he learns, but still needs someone beside him with that killer instinct in front of goals, don't want to heap too much on him too quick.

Not having a dig, I Like Cummings, he has that swagger Leigh Griffiths and Deek has, still learning his role and that makes him inconsistent with his decisions etc, which will come as he gains experience.

thebakerboy
16-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Our problem seems to be playing too slowly and allowing the defenders time to cover , the goal yesterday came from quick movement and 2 very crisp passes , bingo we score. This also seemed to me a problem all last season. Just hope Henderson McGinn and hopefully McGeouch will sort that once they get time together.

Ozyhibby
16-08-2015, 04:46 PM
I don't think Cummings is the problem, I think it's Malonga.
Hopefully Keatings and Farid are fit soon so we have genuine choices.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2015, 04:49 PM
I keep hearing about his goals to shots ratio? Are there any stats on this,if so what are his percentages compared to leading scorers at other clubs?

Northern Hibby
16-08-2015, 04:53 PM

If he had scored anymore goals last season he wouldn't be here, said before we need other players scoring, maybe picking up his rebounds
deflections etc.

gillythehibby
16-08-2015, 04:59 PM

Spot on. Malonga just does not hit the target enough for the chances he gets.Nothing wrong with Jason's contribution. Soon as he came on he lifted us. Always looks ikehe can get a goal.

coldingham hibs
16-08-2015, 05:10 PM
I think you also have to look at the other stats from the two games.

Alloa 3 shots
Morton 8 shots

Alloa 2 on target
Morton 4 on target

Whilst we are still creating chances the opposition are also creating far too many. Had Morton taken their 2 good chances it could have been a very difficult afternoon.

This is concerning as we also played with a defensive midfielder for about 60 minutes.:confused:

Hiber-nation
16-08-2015, 05:11 PM

Absolutely. Not sure what some folk expect of Cummings, he's far exceeded expectations. Malonga on the other hand has underperformed since the African Nations.

Borderhibbie76
16-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Absolutely. Not sure what some folk expect of Cummings, he's far exceeded expectations. Malonga on the other hand has underperformed since the African Nations.

I agree for me Malonga is the problem...drops far too deep for possession and doesnt covert enough half chances...2 or 3 yesterday spring to mind. I think he is the one who will lose his placeonce Keatings and Farid are fit...not Cummings who for me is currently our No1 striker

Onion
16-08-2015, 05:32 PM

:agree: Fed up with the criticism this lad gets. Hibs problem is not Cummings, who chips in with a decent number of goals over the season. It's the rest of the team who need to start chipping in. Loads of set plays, but how many goals do we get from our centre backs ? Goals from midfield is poor.

Onion
16-08-2015, 05:33 PM
I agree for me Malonga is the problem...drops far too deep for possession and doesnt covert enough half chances...2 or 3 yesterday spring to mind. I think he is the one who will lose his placeonce Keatings and Farid are fit...not Cummings who for me is currently our No1 striker

:top marks Malonga has been a huge disappointment and doesn't do enough to justify a jersey.

B.H.F.C
16-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Cummings and Malonga get a fair bit of stick between them.

Last season we were carried by their goals imo. Two league games in, who's the only two players to have scored? Them again.

Granted, they could both do things better at times, but others need to chip in and help them more regularly.

Ringothedog
16-08-2015, 05:43 PM
I think you also have to look at the other stats from the two games.

Alloa 3 shots
Morton 8 shots

Alloa 2 on target
Morton 4 on target

Whilst we are still creating chances the opposition are also creating far too many. Had Morton taken their 2 good chances it could have been a very difficult afternoon.

This is concerning as we also played with a defensive midfielder for about 60 minutes.:confused:

Or if we took ours it would have been over by halftime. No team score with all their chances. Hibs scored one more than the opposition and another clean sheet. That will do me every game we play.

ancient hibee
16-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Our problem seems to be playing too slowly and allowing the defenders time to cover , the goal yesterday came from quick movement and 2 very crisp passes , bingo we score. This also seemed to me a problem all last season. Just hope Henderson McGinn and hopefully McGeouch will sort that once they get time together.

This is absolutely correct.From the pointless approach of our centre halves passing the ball back and forward to each other while the other team regroup in defence to our playing too much of our game in front of the other team instead of behind them to trying to draw them out when they have no intention of coming and are more than happy to watch us we are repeating the mistakes of last season.Surely they will learn from the goal-don't give the opposition any time to think.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2015, 06:59 PM
I keep hearing about his goals to shots ratio? Are there any stats on this,if so what are his percentages compared to leading scorers at other clubs?

I guess not then!

Pedantic_Hibee
16-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Any criticism of Malonga is deeply upsetting. That man is a god. The end.

thebakerboy
16-08-2015, 08:44 PM
They say Jason doesnt have a high enough ratio for goals per attempts. Sergio Aguero had 5 attempts today before he scored and then had several more without scoring.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk