PDA

View Full Version : Oxley

Ozyhibby
16-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Credit where it's due. Yesterday he made the saves when they needed to be made. Punched well and distribution was good.
Maybe he is about to turn the corner.
Well done Ox.

Jones28
16-08-2015, 09:00 AM
He's had a bit of a wobble but yesterday showed how good a keeper he can be.

whiskyhibby
16-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Credit where it's due. Yesterday he made the saves when they needed to be made. Punched well and distribution was good.
Maybe he is about to turn the corner.
Well done Ox.

Agree, I was sure Morton we're going to score in the first half when through on the Ox , but he pulled out a cracking stop, hopefully the improved form continues

danhibees1875
16-08-2015, 12:16 PM
He done very well. I'd go as far as to say he was the man of the match. His contribution ensured the points yesterday, doing something that many say he never does.

Well done Oxley.

Libby Hibby
16-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Said the same, played well yesterday and it was a cracking save when they were clean through in the 1st half.

worcesterhibby
16-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Well done Ox

Unseen work
16-08-2015, 02:57 PM
This thread speaks volumes IMO. A positive thread after he has a good game with some great saves only gets a couple of posts. If he had a bad game it would be a 5 pager.

Pretty Boy
16-08-2015, 03:17 PM
This thread speaks volumes IMO. A positive thread after he has a good game with some great saves only gets a couple of posts. If he had a bad game it would be a 5 pager.

Did you miss the page of positives tacked on to the end of the other Oxley thread? Or the good scores and comments on the player ratings thread?

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2015, 03:37 PM
His save at 0-0 was crucial.

Heisenberg
16-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Much better yesterday. I've been very critical of him so only fair to praise when he's done a good job. Brilliant save when 1v1.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-08-2015, 06:24 PM
I would praise any keeper who is willing to start behind our back four just now.

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Did you miss the page of positives tacked on to the end of the other Oxley thread? Or the good scores and comments on the player ratings thread?

Exactly, there's already a thread about Oxley.

In any case, there's no need to kid ourselves. If Oxley had been putting in performances like that consistently over the past year then there would be a huge thread praising him for his excellent displays just like Allan, Gray, Fontaine, Stevenson etc all got last season.

I thought Oxley did well on Saturday but it will take a lot more than one good performance against the team newly promoted from League 1 to convince people. Here's hoping he keeps it up.

Andy74
16-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Exactly, there's already a thread about Oxley.

In any case, there's no need to kid ourselves. If Oxley had been putting in performances like that consistently over the past year then there would be a huge thread praising him for his excellent displays just like Allan, Gray, Fontaine, Stevenson etc all got last season.

I thought Oxley did well on Saturday but it will take a lot more than one good performance against the team newly promoted from League 1 to convince people. Here's hoping he keeps it up.

I think Oxley played much as he always does. He's had a couple of bad days but generally he does play like he did yesterday.

Franck Le God
16-08-2015, 08:20 PM
I'd go as far as to say his contribution won us the game. We all know this hibs team going one nil down goes nowhere pretty.

Thecat23
16-08-2015, 08:39 PM
I think Oxley played much as he always does. He's had a couple of bad days but generally he does play like he did yesterday.

To be honest he doesn't Andy. But it was great to see him bounce back from past couple of weeks and keep us in the game. The one on one save was fantastic and he deserves credit big time for that. Also his punching was spot on yesterday. Sometimes a keeper can become complacent if he knows he will always be No.1 maybe the past 2 games had been a wake up to keep focused at all times as I know we dominate most games so he may be switching off hence the basic errors.

Whatever it is this sat showed he can produce what's needed and long may it continue.

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2015, 09:42 PM

Don't agree Andy. The big difference between yesterday and his usual performances is that he actually made a couple of saves.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Agreed. Similar to most weeks he didn't make a mistake. Difference was he made a save that folk remember.

Stevie Reid
16-08-2015, 11:36 PM
He's not perfect, but I like him a lot and have always defended him on here, as I think he is given far harsher criticism than he deserves.

Was regularly pulled apart on here last season, often with very little reason. I don't believe for one second that we would have been any more successful than we were last season with a different goalkeeper.

GreenLake
17-08-2015, 01:43 AM
I was getting a workout with my trainer at the gym last Wednesday and saw a really tall guy I kind of recognized who was lifting some weights. He had huge hands and long arms and I was wondering if he would make a good goalie. It was Karim Abdul-Jabbar. It would be impossible to concede from crosses with him in goal and his footwork looked quite good against Bruce Lee in "Game of Death".

#FromTheCapital
17-08-2015, 07:29 AM
He's not perfect, but I like him a lot and have always defended him on here, as I think he is given far harsher criticism than he deserves.

Was regularly pulled apart on here last season, often with very little reason. I don't believe for one second that we would have been any more successful than we were last season with a different goalkeeper.

Agreed. The criticism on here is over the top imo. Some were even suggesting we replace him with Jamie Langfield ffs.

JimBHibees
17-08-2015, 08:42 AM

Agree with that and there are areas that he can improve, coming for crosses would be one however I have seen games where he has done this well. He is still young for a goalie and hopefully will get better. His distribution is excellent and probably the reason AS likes him as it allows us to play out from the back.

Think he needs to be given a wee bit latitude at times. We need him to play well on Sunday that is for sure.