PDA

View Full Version : Jim Duffy Watch

Iain G
15-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Had much entertainment today keeping an eye on Duff Jimmy in the away technical area, he was jesticulating away like John McCrirrick and at times pretending to be a human windmill or somehow trying to recreate his legendary hellicopter arrival of yesteryear. I thought the man waa going to have a heart attack before the game was out, shame his players seemed to ignore his five star Festival performance!

Considering the damage he did to Hibs he gets away pretty lightly on his ER returns!

As my match attending chum, and erstwhile former member of this forum Filled Rolls stated, "well at least he is putting on a good performance to convince his chairman he knows what he is doing!"

Enjoyed the game today and the Fringe side show that was Duff Jimmy!

truehibernian
15-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Watched far too much of him when he was manager - absolute roaster of a man :agree:

Billy Whizz
15-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Watched far too much of him when he was manager - absolute roaster of a man :agree:

I don't think he's a roaster, he was just a terrible Hibs Manager

SouthMoroccoStu
15-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Still can't get a win at Easter Road

Get back in your helicopter duff Jim

Ggtth

E10 Rifle
15-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Still can't get a win at Easter Road

Get back in your helicopter duff Jim

Ggtth

He had them reasonably well organised but with no goal threat they'll struggle this season - no matter how much he gesticulates

truehibernian
15-08-2015, 07:52 PM
I don't think he's a roaster, he was just a terrible Hibs Manager

He's both for me Billy

15-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Jim Duffy GTF.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2015, 08:27 PM
He had them reasonably well organised but with no goal threat they'll struggle this season - no matter how much he gesticulates

My take on it as well.

Morton surprised me by being half decent. They were disciplined and organised, pressed us high up the park and created a few decent chances.

Duffy looked quite 'old school' with all the ranting, raving, kicking water bottles and whatever else though. I think the days of players responding to that are long gone.

Alfred E Newman
15-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Looked very dapper in the shiny suit and the " Harry Hill" shirt.

Iain G
15-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Looked very dapper in the shiny suit and the " Harry Hill" shirt.

Sure I heard him shout "just gie the ****** baw tae Charnley" at one point...

SaulGoodman
15-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Spent the whole game shouting at his players to push up but never seemed to give individual instructions.

IberianHibernian
15-08-2015, 10:38 PM
For all the criticism , his Hibs team played some good football , certainly better than anything we`ve had since our golden age players left . Tried to make too many changes in too short a time after inheriting a terrible team ( a very similar situation to Fenlon inheriting a mess mid season , signing lots of players quickly and nearly leading to relegation ) . In Fenlon`s case he had us nearly at the top of the SPL at Christmas and progressing ( that`s all been debated before so not meaning to start another thread on Pat ) . In Duffy`s time , I remember some good football ( was Paul Hartley not a success for example ? ) and it`s a pity it didn`t work out . He`s certainly a very experienced manager and would think he could probably do us a good job as part of a managerial team or Director of Football in the future .

MartinfaePorty
15-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Duffy's first mistake was thinking he had to bring in a Hibbie as his assistant, so instead of John McCormack with whom he'd had a successful partnership at Dundee he got Jackie Mac away from running his pub to be his no.2. No disrespect to Jackie but he'd been out of the game for some time and Duffy needed a better foil. Regarding Hartley, pretty certain he was a McLeish signing. Duffy signed some good players such as Crawford and, to a lesser extent Rougier, but plenty duffers: Tosh, Power, Oli the goalie, Larusson, Boco (lovely guy, but past it). He did however empty Wilkins for which he should be applauded!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Liberal Hibby
16-08-2015, 12:44 AM
Jim Duffy watch - isn't that what Mickey Mouse wears?

greenlad
16-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Duffy's first mistake was thinking he had to bring in a Hibbie as his assistant, so instead of John McCormack with whom he'd had a successful partnership at Dundee he got Jackie Mac away from running his pub to be his no.2. No disrespect to Jackie but he'd been out of the game for some time and Duffy needed a better foil. Regarding Hartley, pretty certain he was a McLeish signing. Duffy signed some good players such as Crawford and, to a lesser extent Rougier, but plenty duffers: Tosh, Power, Oli the goalie, Larusson, Boco (lovely guy, but past it). He did however empty Wilkins for which he should be applauded!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Plus Elliot and McQuilken who will never be forgotten....

JimBHibees
16-08-2015, 06:34 AM
For all the criticism , his Hibs team played some good football , certainly better than anything we`ve had since our golden age players left . Tried to make too many changes in too short a time after inheriting a terrible team ( a very similar situation to Fenlon inheriting a mess mid season , signing lots of players quickly and nearly leading to relegation ) . In Fenlon`s case he had us nearly at the top of the SPL at Christmas and progressing ( that`s all been debated before so not meaning to start another thread on Pat ) . In Duffy`s time , I remember some good football ( was Paul Hartley not a success for example ? ) and it`s a pity it didn`t work out . He`s certainly a very experienced manager and would think he could probably do us a good job as part of a managerial team or Director of Football in the future .

Please tell me you are joking.

BoomtownHibees
16-08-2015, 09:23 AM
In Duffy`s time , I remember some good football ( was Paul Hartley not a success for example ? ) and it`s a pity it didn`t work out . He`s certainly a very experienced manager and would think he could probably do us a good job as part of a managerial team or Director of Football in the future .

Are you for real?

O'Rourke3
16-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Getting back on topic. He was hilariously berating someone on the other side of the pitch quite early and quite what for. No clue. Possibly someone in midfield not closing down our central defenders - ignoring their forwards who werent doing it either

Sent via the bushes @ EM

emerald green
16-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Please tell me you are joking.

Are you for real?

:agree: Both of the above. Jim Duffy - Director of Football. :faf:

Eyrie
16-08-2015, 11:30 AM
:agree: Both of the above. Jim Duffy - Director of Football. :faf:

Don't overlook his extremely successful spell as Director of Football at the PBS.

Stevie Reid
16-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Duffy didn't inherit a terrible team, the good football (which lasted about 5 games) was not better than anything that we've seen since the Golden Generation, and he did not sign Paul Hartley.

GreenLake
16-08-2015, 03:25 PM
I prefer my Blancpain.