View Full Version : McGinn

SouthMoroccoStu
15-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Take a bow son!

Brilliant today. Drive and vision for a pass and looking to push forward

Motm in my opinion

Thecat23
15-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Struggled a bit first half I thought then came to life the second. Good performance and looks a player.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-08-2015, 04:53 PM
He can play, not the quickest but know how to play football and get forward. He will also score goals. No sure if he is fully fit which is great as he was good today.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Brightside
15-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Thats weird - i actually though his passing let him down massively today. No doubt the lad has talent but final pall was poor for me.

B.H.F.C
15-08-2015, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't say brilliant. Showed bits here and there though and I think he will be a big player once fully fit.

Greenblood70
15-08-2015, 05:07 PM
I like the fact he's prepared to have a dig from distance, he'll improve imo, maybe trying a wee bit too hard to impress at times in the first half. I thought he had a good second half and was unlucky not too score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
15-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I agree that McGinn was MOTM. Liked the look of Henderson too and thought we had a better shape after the substitutions

wookie70
15-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Gave the ball away too much for my liking particularly in the first half. Looked lively and determined though and once he gets used to the players around him I think he will be an important player for us.

stoneyburn hibs
15-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Surprised that Fyvie was given MOTM ahead of him.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Motm in my opinion. Much better second half. Also loved his interaction and passion with the fans after the goal and following the game, going to be a fans favourite

SON OF PADDY
15-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Thats weird - i actually though his passing let him down massively today. No doubt the lad has talent but final pall was poor for me.

My thoughts as well. Decent player just trying to hard to please the fan's.

sbell1875
15-08-2015, 05:38 PM
He was impressive today. For only being 20 years of age the guy looks a physical specimen!

He's also barely kicked a ball since April so the only way is up for his performances.

Ronniekirk
15-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Struggled a bit first half I thought then came to life the second. Good performance and looks a player.

He was a bit nervous in first half but you can see there is a decent layer in there and he was not afraid to shoot from distance as his confidence grew Think he will be important player for us once he fully settles in With him Boyle and Carmimichael all starting it was going to be difficult for them all to bed in and that contributed to sluggish first half

lucky
15-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Think him & Hennderson will be a very strong CM then either Fyvie or Bartley sitting.

liamh2202
15-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Think him & Hennderson will be a very strong CM then either Fyvie or Bartley sitting.

Its got to be fyvie for me. Bartley is a player we have needed for years. But he has arrived at the wrong time. There is one team in this league we need a holding midfielder against. Every other game we need some one who can create in there, not just break up

Fergus52
15-08-2015, 06:24 PM
His corners were excellent as well.

We almost scored from a couple of them

tamig
15-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Looks a great prospect. Very impressed with him today and as the game wore on you could see a great understanding developing between him and Fyvie.

E10 Rifle
15-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Its got to be fyvie for me. Bartley is a player we have needed for years. But he has arrived at the wrong time. There is one team in this league we need a holding midfielder against. Every other game we need some one who can create in there, not just break up

Agree with this totally.

Golden Bear
15-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Good player who looks as though he enjoys playing the game.

A very promising start to his Hibs career and it was good to see him acknowledging the fans.

Leith Green
15-08-2015, 06:43 PM

I disagree. If you are playing with full backs who are providing the bulk of the teams width, then you need a centre midfielder who can sit and provide cover and break up counter attacks against any team..

TrinityHibs
15-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Take a bow son!

Brilliant today. Drive and vision for a pass and looking to push forward

Motm in my opinion

I thought Boyle was good and your dad agreed

EskbankHibby
15-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Never afraid to take the ball even after an indifferent first half. He has obviously settled in well with his team mates and I liked the interaction with the East after our goal.

Unlike most of the people I spoke to I also like the look of Carmichael, tidy on the ball and relaxed a bit into the game as it wore on. I'm keen to see how he does for us this season, not sure where he fits into the team though as not an out and out wide player I don't think.

Golden Bear
15-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Never afraid to take the ball even after an indifferent first half. He has obviously settled in well with his team mates and I liked the interaction with the East after our goal.

Unlike most of the people I spoke to I also like the look of Carmichael, tidy on the ball and relaxed a bit into the game as it wore on. I'm keen to see how he does for us this season, not sure where he fits into the team though as not an out and out wide player I don't think.

Agree. He always wanted to cut inside rather than take the ball to the bye line and from what we saw today he's not blessed with any explosive speed. Early days though.

tamig

I thought it was a nervy looking debut from Carmichael. Hopefully he will settle into it though.

BoomtownHibees
Agree. He always wanted to cut inside rather than take the ball to the bye line and from what we saw today he's not blessed with any explosive speed. Early days though.

That's what happens when a right footer is played on the left

Golden Bear
15-08-2015, 07:18 PM
That's what happens when a right footer is played on the left

:agree:

Something also favoured by a succession of recent Hibs' Managers.

ronaldo7
15-08-2015, 07:37 PM
He's my new F A V

Onion
15-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Thought he drifted in and out of the game a bit today, but showed signs of being a very good Hibs player. Exciting prospect.

Iain G
15-08-2015, 08:35 PM

He was getting frustrated at team mates mot giving him.good options, think there is a good footballer there and look forwar to seeing more of him and McGinn and Henderson

brog
15-08-2015, 08:37 PM

I said exactly that weeks ago & was greeted with howls of derision!

stoneyburn hibs
15-08-2015, 08:45 PM

Nailed it liam, doesn't have to be Fyvie or anyone at all. A DM only stifles us when trying to beat lesser opposition, which will be most of the games this season. I hope Stubbs can take this forward for the season, instant result today when he changed it.

Andy74
15-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Nailed it liam, doesn't have to be Fyvie or anyone at all. A DM only stifles us when trying to beat lesser opposition, which will be most of the games this season. I hope Stubbs can take this forward for the season, instant result today when he changed it.

Is this just theory because Bartley saved us a handful of times first half when they were breaking?

stoneyburn hibs
15-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Is this just theory because Bartley saved us a handful of times first half when they were breaking?

It could be. I thought he was poor today, realise that he has just arrived and it's the first iv'e seen of him this season. Your'e handful is my twice by the way.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-08-2015, 09:11 PM
I thought Boyle was good and your dad agreed

My dad has started smoking again and my mum doesn't know....

SaulGoodman
15-08-2015, 11:03 PM

Was just about to say this.

There's always room for a defensive minded midfielder. Bearing in mind we were only playing Morton today and we still needed Bartley there to mop up a few times.

hibbypostie
16-08-2015, 07:14 AM
thought he had a great second half great vision for a young lad always looking for the ball too