PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 11:49 AM
I was told today from an absolutely impeccable source that Allan had indeed been an absolute dick in training and causing all sorts of trouble trying to force Hibs hand.
I'm not the type to post rumours but this came straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
I'll miss him as a player but I'm glad he is now gone. Onwards and upwards.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Oops, meant to put that on PM board. Don't suppose it matters now though.

iwasthere1972
15-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Sounds about right.

Good riddance to him. Probably get a plaque made for the Celtic bench (a bit like the ones in Princes Street) saying Scott Allan sat here 2015-2019.

scotia44
15-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Sounds about right.

Good riddance to him. Probably get a plaque made for the Celtic bench (a bit like the ones in Princes Street) saying Scott Allan sat here 2015-2019.

Who?

Jim44
15-08-2015, 12:01 PM
I was told today from an absolutely impeccable source that Allan had indeed been an absolute dick in training and causing all sorts of trouble trying to force Hibs hand.
I'm not the type to post rumours but this came straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.

If we're having a wee parting shot at him now that he's gone I'd like to chip in with the disgraceful 'wee ned' picture of him giving the 'v' sign in the Herald, that many defended as selective photography. It summed up his attitude for me.

Onion

I don't talk about players with other clubs. Only interested in players who want to be at Hibs 😎

iwasthere1972
Who?

No idea.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2015, 12:03 PM
If we're having a wee parting shot at him now that he's gone I'd like to chip in with the disgraceful 'wee ned' picture of him giving the 'v' sign in the Herald, that many defended as selective photography. It summed up his attitude for me.

Jim, what game was this?

Wilson
15-08-2015, 12:05 PM
I don't understand then why Stubbs would say he was a pleasure to work with. Not after the deal is done. He could just wish him all the best without the lie - there would be no need to keep up the pretence.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 12:08 PM
I don't understand then why Stubbs would say he was a pleasure to work with. Not after the deal is done. He could just wish him all the best without the lie - there would be no need to keep up the pretence.

If I worked in football I would try to maintain a good relationship with people as much as possible. Look at John Collins now back coaching Scott Brown at Celtic. That relationship could easily have prevented Collins from getting the Celtic job.

Nameless
15-08-2015, 12:09 PM

Stubbs is a class act, not a vindictive fud. Apart from the last month, Scott probably was a pleasure to work with. I like his style.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2015, 12:12 PM

It probably doesn't do Hibs reputation much good if we have a wee pop at, or fail to say the 'right' things, about a player who has moved on. Wish him well and say he was great and move on.

Fwiw I had heard similar to the OP from someone who has given me the odd bit good info on Hibs and football in general in the past. Allan had if not a falling out then certainly a cooling in his relationship with at least one player in the squad. I'm sure most of us have worked somewhere before when 2 people have had issues and it doesn't make for a happy workplace. I was also told Stubbs handled a delicate situation well.

15-08-2015, 12:14 PM

What was he doing in training like?

Ryan69
15-08-2015, 12:14 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but your in Australia right?

Bit dubious to believe if it did actually come from the horses mouth then.

hibees 7062
15-08-2015, 12:16 PM
I wonder if he'll wear his orange boots if he plays for celik . Or were they just for the hun game

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong.....but your in Australia right?

Bit dubious to believe if it did actually come from the horses mouth then.

Your wrong, I've been back from Australia 11 years now.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 12:17 PM
What was he doing in training like?

Being a dick

15-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Being a dick

Yes i gathered that but i meant by doing what? Not taking coaches orders? Giving it the big I am in front of his team mates?

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Yes i gathered that but i meant by doing what? Not taking coaches orders? Giving it the big I am in front of his team mates?

I didn't ask. Just that he had been disruptive and that he would not be missed.
He's gone now so it's no big deal. I just thought I would share in case there were people who thought the club should have kept him for the rest of the season. I personally think they have handled it well.

15-08-2015, 12:27 PM
I didn't ask. Just that he had been disruptive and that he would not be missed.
He's gone now so it's no big deal. I just thought I would share in case there were people who thought the club should have kept him for the rest of the season. I personally think they have handled it well.

I see. Well if thats the case then **** him, glad he's gone. Don't need players like that in the dressing room. From what i've heard about him at his previous clubs, sounds like he's a bit of brat, it certainly isn't the first time hes thrown his toys out the pram when he hasn't got his way.

Brightside
15-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Don't want to doubt your source Oz but according to coaching staff and players there have been no issues with him. As I've said in the past he ain't that pally with the majority of the squad anyway.

GreenCastle
15-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Move on everyone..

Sounds like a 12 year old girls conversation in the playground.

Lago
15-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Its called diplomacy.

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Don't want to doubt your source Oz but according to coaching staff and players there have been no issues with him. As I've said in the past he ain't that pally with the majority of the squad anyway.

This 100%

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 12:51 PM

It's no problem. Different people can interpret different ways and it's possible this person was not that keen on Allan anyway. Either way, it's done.

Waxy
15-08-2015, 01:07 PM
I'll miss him as a player but I'm glad he is now gone. Onwards and upwards.You been watchin too much Champion the wonder horse.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 01:08 PM
You been watchin too much Champion the wonder horse.

Prefer Skippy. [emoji6]

Wilson
15-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Its called diplomacy.

You missed my point. He can be perfectly diplomatic and say the right things without saying something that isn't true. For example it would be diplomatic and true to say 'Scott has been a tremendous player for us and we wish him all the best'. Stubbs could quite easily have avoided saying that Scott was a pleasure to work with if it wasn't the case.

I guess I'm saying that I doubt some posters on here and their sources when all the official sources tell us different.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2015, 01:16 PM
Well if this is a thread for a final offload, I would just like to say that curtain haircuts went out of style in 1999 Scott. Cheers

Jim44
15-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Jim, what game was this?

I can't remember the game but the link to the photograph will be back a bit on the big 'Allan' thread.

J-C
15-08-2015, 03:53 PM

I heard the same as Ozy, nothing serious at training just trying to work his ticket like he did at Dundee U, mainly not mixing with the squad and being a grumpy wee git like a bairn no getting his own way, a couple of the senior players were getting pissed off with him, nothing more than that, seemingly training was not a problem just his attitude.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2015, 04:15 PM
I heard the same as Ozy, nothing serious at training just trying to work his ticket like he did at Dundee U, mainly not mixing with the squad and being a grumpy wee git like a bairn no getting his own way, a couple of the senior players were getting pissed off with him, nothing more than that, seemingly training was not a problem just his attitude.

Can just imagine it being exactly like that

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2015, 04:16 PM
I can't remember the game but the link to the photograph will be back a bit on the big 'Allan' thread.

Was the league cup game during the first half, before he came on and scored. Defo a bit of the Ferguson and McGregor's about it

HH81
15-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Scott Allan has been nothing but a saint, I am just glad he did not follow Stirling example of how to be a clown, oh wait a sec....

Scott has joined Terry on my list of dickheads that is for sure.

Green Fish
15-08-2015, 04:36 PM
I only spoke to SA once, was at calendar signing last year. My laddie handed him the calendar. SA looked confused and as if he was in pain. I asked him if he was OK, no reply, again I asked if he was OK and if he had a sore hand from all the signings. He told me he had forgotten his name. True story, not the brightest. Good luck to you lad!!

Greenworld
16-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Don't want to doubt your source Oz but according to coaching staff and players there have been no issues with him. As I've said in the past he ain't that pally with the majority of the squad anyway.anyways he is gone and when you gone I dont actually care wasnt with us long enough to be bothered...did nothing flattered to deceive

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

offshorehibby
16-08-2015, 08:44 PM
I know he's only been away a couple of days but relay disappointed he's not come out and thanked Hibs and AS for helping his career along. Shows him up for the classless nob he is.

Brooster
16-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Ozzy is right to an extent. SA was quite disruptive in training this season. Nothing major but he was beginning to annoy other players with his attitude.

S4uzee
16-08-2015, 08:51 PM
I know he's only been away a couple of days but relay disappointed he's not come out and thanked Hibs and AS for helping his career along. Shows him up for the classless nob he is.

I agree, quite poor imo

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2015, 08:56 PM

Even if he did plenty on here would spin it into something negative anyway.

Deansy
16-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Let's be honest, stories of him 'coming the *****' behind the scenes should come as no great surprise - we all know the mentality required to be one of them and it's NOT as if it's exactly the warmest mentality on earth is it ??.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Well if this is a thread for a final offload, I would just like to say that curtain haircuts went out of style in 1999 Scott. Cheers

Post of the year :faf:

SteveHFC
16-08-2015, 09:08 PM
:hilarious:hilarious

GordonHFC
16-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Scott Allan - Shafting scottish football clubs since 2012.

rodhibs55
17-08-2015, 09:32 AM
I don't talk about players with other clubs. Only interested in players who want to be at Hibs 

Agreed, most sensible quote on this thread.

We Move On
GGTTH

S4uzee
17-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Interesting to see Stubbsy thinks Rangers had a secret meeting with Allan on Friday to try and talk him out of signing for Celtic

GreenOnions
17-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Is someone saying there's a guy playing for Hibs who looks like a horse?? :take that

JimBHibees
17-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Interesting to see Stubbsy thinks Rangers had a secret meeting with Allan on Friday to try and talk him out of signing for Celtic

Where did you see that?

S4uzee
17-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Where did you see that?

It was on BBC gossip from The Sun

h185forever
17-08-2015, 10:03 AM
It's on BBC Scotland Gossip ...quoting ...the Sun

JimBHibees
17-08-2015, 10:05 AM
It's on BBC Scotland Gossip ...quoting ...the Sun

If true incredible in respect of a team who havent been given permission to talk to a player speaking to him at the same time as a team who had got permission. Nothing would surprise.

rosco-hibee
17-08-2015, 11:29 AM

:top marks

Deansy
17-08-2015, 11:32 AM
If true incredible in respect of a team who havent been given permission to talk to a player speaking to him at the same time as a team who had got permission. Nothing would surprise.

IF (a huge 'IF' considering the story comes from the BBC and the 'Current-Hun') true then I sincerely hope Hibs report them to the GFA !!

JimBHibees
17-08-2015, 01:22 PM
IF (a huge 'IF' considering the story comes from the BBC and the 'Current-Hun') true then I sincerely hope Hibs report them to the GFA !!

Probably difficult proving it all.

Stokesy's on fire
17-08-2015, 01:25 PM

we are all Barry Lavety!! CURTAINS FOREVER!!

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 01:32 PM

Is it true that you used to have a Mullet Hairdo?

Hibernia&Alba
17-08-2015, 02:17 PM

The permed at the back mullet a la Charlie Nicholas/Chris Waddle was the top of the range mullet.

Remember Mark Hateley's balding mullet? Oh dear God.

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 02:39 PM
The permed at the back mullet a la Charlie Nicholas/Chris Waddle was the top of the range mullet.

There was no excuse for a Mullet, no matter who had one

:tsk tsk:

Hibernia&Alba
17-08-2015, 02:41 PM
There was no excuse for a Mullet, no matter who had one

:tsk tsk:

Everybody in Germany had a mullet, didn't they? Even the women! That's a beauty right there.

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Everybody in Germany had a mullet, didn't they? Even the women! That's a beauty right there.

That's my Missus.

Smartie
17-08-2015, 04:25 PM

I remember Hateley getting called a baldy long-haired c*** at Easter Road and finding it absolutely hilarious.

I didn't find it so funny when I was targeted with the same insult playing Saturday morning football a few years later, although it did prompt a long-overdue change in hairstyle.

Hateley took the best abuse of any player to visit Easter Road.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Time to forget about allan ....hee haw to do with us now

w pilton hibby
17-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Time to forget about allan ....hee haw to do with us now

It was all about looking out for himself

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hibernian/1326805-celtics-scott-allan-i-wont-let-a-big-opportunity-pass-me-by-again/

SaulGoodman
17-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Explaining his transfer request, he said: "I just made the decision on football terms, I wasn’t really bothered about what [reaction] came with it. I might get stick off some people but for me it’s about playing football

Tool.

Unseen work
17-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Say whatever you want about Scott Allan.

But you cannot slag that haircut.

Quality.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2015, 04:51 PM

How about... Schumacher (West Germany hatchet-man GK), Hurlock and Eskillson,

easty
17-08-2015, 05:13 PM
How about... Schumacher (West Germany hatchet-man GK), Hurlock and Eskillson,

For bad haircuts in footie you cannae not mention Neil MacFarlane. He had a fringe that started on almost the back of his heid!

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2015, 05:14 PM

Sure did. They were fashionable for a while(I think [emoji4]). Probably about 1999 as well

Stuarty27
17-08-2015, 05:35 PM
The fact that he has never acknowledged the fact we gave him a chance when no one would touch him with a barge pole last summer sums him up really.

Good riddance to an arrogant wee s who obviously couldn't give two hoots about us as a club and fans.

carnoustiehibee
17-08-2015, 05:55 PM
The fact that he has never acknowledged the fact we gave him a chance when no one would touch him with a barge pole last summer sums him up really.

Good riddance to an arrogant wee s who obviously couldn't give two hoots about us as a club and fans.

He said: “Obviously I’ve got a lot of respect for Alan Stubbs as he’s the guy that’s given me the platform to go and play and I’ve got a lot to thank him for and that’s why I’m probably sitting here. We never fell out and the relationship is still really good. I spoke to him before I signed here.

Chibs
17-08-2015, 06:08 PM

Pfft, the full perm would trump the mullet anyday.
However in my opinion Bobby Charltons combover lords it over all the bad haircuts ever.:greengrin

J-C
17-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Pfft, the full perm would trump the mullet anyday.
However in my opinion Bobby Charltons combover lords it over all the bad haircuts ever.:greengrin

And his brother Jackie, another comb over of great magnitude, to have the balls to wear that shows they were made of sterner stuff back in the day.

J-C
17-08-2015, 07:41 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-star-leigh-griffiths-we-6265353#rlabs=1%20category

rcarter1
17-08-2015, 08:03 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-star-leigh-griffiths-we-6265353#rlabs=1%20category

Och Leigh, hope to see you back at ER one day (before Celtic put you out to pasture that is!!)

Hibernia&Alba
17-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Och Leigh, hope to see you back at ER one day (before Celtic put you out to pasture that is!!)

And sticking with dodgy hairdos, what's Sparky's weave all about? Looks like a bird has built a nest on his heid.

Bostonhibby
17-08-2015, 09:20 PM
And his brother Jackie, another comb over of great magnitude, to have the balls to wear that shows they were made of sterner stuff back in the day.

Henry Hall and Ralph Coates could give them a run for their money?

Hibernia&Alba
17-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Henry Hall and Ralph Coates could give them a run for their money?

Yon Chelsea guy has an absolute pearler! Imagine walking aboot like that :-D

rcarter1
17-08-2015, 09:23 PM
He was one of those players that despite being quality never seemed that bothered about us. Happy he's moved on for both him and us. Onwards and upwards!

Bostonhibby
17-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Yon Chelsea guy has an absolute pearler! Imagine walking aboot like that :-D

Its Ralph Coates he was my favourite 70's combover - there's hundreds of fine pictures on google.

Very good player too. Heres another example.

J-C
17-08-2015, 09:26 PM
He was one of those players that despite being quality never seemed that bothered about us. Happy he's moved on for both him and us. Onwards and upwards!

He never really integrated himself with the rest of the squad, stayed in Glasgow and the pic of him at the Champions league final with all his Rangers buddies showed he had few if any friends at ER.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm only interested in players who want to play for Hibs.

Allan's gone now so I no longer give two hoots about him or about anything he has to say.

Dunbar Hibee
17-08-2015, 09:44 PM
He never really integrated himself with the rest of the squad, stayed in Glasgow and the pic of him at the Champions league final with all his Rangers buddies showed he had few if any friends at ER.

He did and still does have friends within the Hibs squad.

ancient hibee
17-08-2015, 09:47 PM

Absolute tosh-never mind the 9000 that thought the sun shone out of his backside.Incidentally there were 5 of them travelling through from Glasgow taking turns to drive.Still the made up stories are the best:greengrin

Ronniekirk
17-08-2015, 09:59 PM

Allan's gone now so I no longer give two hoots about him or about anything he has to say.

This for me ,would rather the thread was closed now and we all move on ,like he has ,he won't be giving a toss what's posted on here .:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2015, 10:44 PM

Spot on Trig.......