PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone REALLY know if McGeogh is signing? - (Signed. Confirmed by Hibs)

Pages : [1] 2

davidw
15-08-2015, 09:07 AM
'Really', as in 'I have a source/contact' or 'I have just spoken to him' or 'I am Dylan' (stranger things have happened), and NOT as in 'I have no idea but I think he will' (which is all I have heard so far).

'Cos I am getting a bit worried...

Ronniekirk
15-08-2015, 09:13 AM
'Really', as in 'I have a source/contact' or 'I have just spoken to him' or 'I am Dylan' (stranger things have happened), and NOT as in 'I have no idea but I think he will' (which is all I have heard so far).

don't worry be Happy .:greengrinIf Scoops says the Players think he is coming then he will ,unless he has an unscrupulous Agent who is just using us to flush out better offers from other clubs but I am confident we wouldn't of got ourselves into that situation .:aok:

craigmounthibby
15-08-2015, 09:15 AM

I asked the same question on the giruy thread. Many appear convinced it's a done deal.....😕

Jim44
15-08-2015, 09:18 AM
don't worry be Happy .:greengrinIf Scoops says the Players think he is coming then he will ,unless he has an unscrupulous Agent who is just using us to flush out better offers from other clubs but I am confident we wouldn't of got ourselves into that situation .:aok:

Quite right, R, nowadays you don't find 'big' clubs taking things for granted, only to end up with embarrassing egg on their chin.:greengrin

SlickShoes
15-08-2015, 09:21 AM
I am Dylan and I am just relaxing with a Sausage and Egg McMuffin the now, i'll decide later if Hibs manage to beat Morton.

Ronniekirk
15-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Quite right, R, nowadays you don't find 'big' clubs taking things for granted, only to end up with embarrassing egg on their chin.:greengrin
And they ended up with a double Yoker on theirs Jim :greengrin we on the other hand have handled the situation in a dignified professional manner and deserve to reap the rewards for all the work we have been doing quietly behind the scenes ,while any man and his dug with a loose Rangers connection was still bleating on about Scott Allan being denied his right to move to his boyhood heroes and play with his childhood pal . But in the end Money was a bigger Motivator .

S4uzee
15-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Hibs could announce him at HT today. Although McGinn had signed I've not seen Hibs do that I can remember.
No idea, just a thought

Blaster
15-08-2015, 09:29 AM
I think hibs just want to get their own publicity on this. The Henderson loan deal is well hidden amongst the Allan story

hibsmad
15-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Sorry, I know this doesn't answer the original question but I'm not too fussed if he does sign. Dempster said the cash from SA would be used to strengthen the squad. I'm a fan of Dylan but I would rather we spent the cash on a centre half.

HibbyAndy
15-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Sorry, I know this doesn't answer the original question but I'm not too fussed if he does sign. Dempster said the cash from SA would be used to strengthen the squad. I'm a fan of Dylan but I would rather we spent the cash on a centre half.

A reckon we spent the cash already on Mcginn

ancient hibee
15-08-2015, 10:14 AM
As McGeouch didn't ask for a transfer presumably his agent is negotiating a pay off from Celtic.Hope he understands the Hibs support view on putting money before playing for Hibs.:greengrin

Ringothedog
15-08-2015, 10:16 AM
A reckon we spent the cash already on Mcginn

You reckon wrong then

davidw
15-08-2015, 10:44 AM
I am Dylan and I am just relaxing with a Sausage and Egg McMuffin the now, i'll decide later if Hibs manage to beat Morton.

C'mon, Dylan, do the right thing - ie stop eating Sausage and Egg McMuffins, ffs: you're an athlete.

Oh, and sign as well, would you? We need you.

Tyler Durden
15-08-2015, 11:12 AM

No ITK knowledge - more an observation. What options are really open to McGeouch?

If Celtic are valuing him at £400k is there anyone out there willing to pay even half that? So he is likely looking at another loan move for a year or he signs for us. At 22, hopefully he sees the need to settle somewhere and show his ability. 2 good seasons for us and he could get a decent move to England

Lago
15-08-2015, 11:26 AM

A bit worried myself, BBC sport Scotland no longer mentioning McGeogh in conection with SA transfer only the Henderson loan.

Thecat23
15-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Think this will be done over the w'end, and possibly announced on the Monday. Whether or not it's the length of contract or Hibs aren't convinced over his fitness these things can take a little longer as both parties want the best deal.

I still think though Hibs will get him and we shouldn't be worried about it.

GreenArmyyy!
15-08-2015, 11:31 AM
He is signed, Hibs want the Scott Allan situation to blow over so the Mcgeouch deal gets it's own publicity, should be announced on Monday or Tuesday.

Lago
15-08-2015, 11:33 AM
He is signed, Hibs want the Scott Allan situation to blow over so the Mcgeouch deal gets it's own publicity, should be announced on Monday or Tuesday.
Thats good news, thanks.:agree:

Lago
15-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Think this will be done over the w'end, and possibly announced on the Monday. Whether or not it's the length of contract or Hibs aren't convinced over his fitness these things can take a little longer as both parties want the best deal.

I still think though Hibs will get him and we shouldn't be worried about it.
Thats reassuring, must be my age, becoming a bit of a worrier:greengrin

CB_NO3
15-08-2015, 11:35 AM
As far as I was concerned, the Mcgeough deal was seperate from the Allan transfer. People were putting 2 and 2 together. I expect he will sign this week though.

davidw
15-08-2015, 11:49 AM

How do you know this 'though? Are you Dylan in disguise? Everyone is saying it's happening, but no-one says how they know.

Maybe I just stop worrying so much and - to quote Twat Cameron - "chillax"....

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Aldo
15-08-2015, 11:52 AM
How do you know this 'though? Are you Dylan in disguise? Everyone is saying it's happening, but no-one says how they know. Maybe I just stop worrying so much and - to quote Twat Cameron - "chillax".... Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Folk do know this (they are itk). In time you will get to know who is itk and whose info is not far off the mark!

davidw
15-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Folk do know this (they are itk). In time you will get to know who is itk and whose info is not far off the mark!

I'm not new to this malarkey. I've followed the ITK discussions on other threads - but there seems to be a lot of disagreement about who is really ITK, who thinks they are ITK but aren't really, who are complete bullsh*ters, and who - like me - know nuffink.

Also - if the McGeogh deal is separate from the Allan deal, does that mean we have to give Septic their money back to buy him....?

Aldo
15-08-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm not new to this malarkey. I've followed the ITK discussions on other threads - but there seems to be a lot of disagreement about who is really ITK, who thinks they are ITK but aren't really, who are complete bullsh*ters, and who - like me - know nuffink. Also - if the McGeogh deal is separate from the Allan deal, does that mean we have to give Septic their money back to buy him....?

Like I say give it time and you'll realise.

We won't need to give them any money back. The 275k is in the bag! If McGeouch doesn't sign then they'll give us what they think he's valued at to add to the 275k

He will sign!

davidw
15-08-2015, 12:12 PM

We won't need to give them any money back. The 275k is in the bag! If McGeouch doesn't sign then they'll give us what they think he's valued at to add to the 275k

He will sign!

Yeah, I was joking about giving them the money back.

Anyway, I like your style ("He will sign!"). I will now rest easy...

Cheers.

Aldo
15-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I was joking about giving them the money back. Anyway, I like your style ("He will sign!"). I will now rest easy... Cheers.

Btw I'm defo NOT itk!! ;-)

Kaff
15-08-2015, 12:15 PM

He will sign!

Separating the fact we (I) want Dylan to sign, it would be equally hilarious for Celtic to have taken up the one year extension clause on DMc in order to negotiate the SA transfer, to then value him at circa £400k and DMc refusing to join us so Celtic have to give us the £400k in cash and have an unwanted player on board for another season!

Aldo
15-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Separating the fact we (I) want Dylan to sign, it would be equally hilarious for Celtic to have taken up the one year extension clause on DMc in order to negotiate the SA transfer, to then value him at circa £400k and DMc refusing to join us so Celtic have to give us the £400k in cash and have an unwanted player on board for another season!

Yeah there is that but Dylan would of been consulted I would of thought. Dylan will get his publicity on his own when he signs and rightly so.

CB_NO3
15-08-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm not new to this malarkey. I've followed the ITK discussions on other threads - but there seems to be a lot of disagreement about who is really ITK, who thinks they are ITK but aren't really, who are complete bullsh*ters, and who - like me - know nuffink.

Also - if the McGeogh deal is separate from the Allan deal, does that mean we have to give Septic their money back to buy him....?

McGeogh and his advisor's will be working on a deal with Celtic to get some cash before he leaves. He signed a one year deal only about a month ago. I don't know his wage but say its 2k a week, that's 100k he would have earned in wages over the year. So he will probably be looking for a 50k pay off from Celtic before he can sign for the cabbage. That's not to say another club cant hijack the deal right enough and sign him.

Kaff
15-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Yeah there is that but Dylan would of been consulted I would of thought. Dylan will get his publicity on his own when he signs and rightly so.

I think you're right, do find it strange that his registration wasnt pushed through quickly as he would have slotted into the squad for today very easily.
However with two midfielders joining those playing today have every reason to perform to their best, as most have said there must be players leaving?

Lago
15-08-2015, 01:35 PM
I think you're right, do find it strange that his registration wasnt pushed through quickly as he would have slotted into the squad for today very easily.
However with two midfielders joining those playing today have every reason to perform to their best, as most have said there must be players leaving?
Just listening to bbc sports sound, I know I know, but wee chick youngsaying that McGeough move to hibs is not dead in the water, still on going. So still a bit to go by the sounds of it.

Lago
15-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Update from sports sound, Stubbs being interviewed and asked if McGeogh had signed, one word answer, no and I will not speak about other club's players.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Update from sports sound, Stubbs being interviewed and asked if McGeogh had signed, one word answer, no and I will not speak about other club's players.

Thats not a one word answer though is it, pah, wouldnae trust Stubbs as far as I could throw him! ;-)

Lago
15-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Thats not a one word answer though is it, pah, wouldnae trust Stubbs as far as I could throw him! ;-)
True poor sentence construction, should have paid more attention to my grammar lessons.:greengrin

DH1875
15-08-2015, 04:43 PM
I've been told its far from a done deal and that there's problems with the contract we've offered him. I'm not in the know and not sure if the guys telling me this are in the know (their celtic fans) but could be what's causing the delay.

Lee Marvin
15-08-2015, 04:46 PM
I think I would rather have the money tbh. Feel it could be used in much better areas.

GreenCastle
15-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Was he at game today ?

dp00
15-08-2015, 05:12 PM
My only input would have been that surely Henderson would have took the number 10 shirt if another midfielder wasn't coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broken Gnome
15-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Another thread of wildly differing assurances and perspectives...

Wotherspiniesta
15-08-2015, 06:02 PM
My only input would have been that surely Henderson would have took the number 10 shirt if another midfielder wasn't coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have though we can't give the number 10 shirt to another player this season.

Alfred E Newman
15-08-2015, 06:15 PM
I think I would rather have the money tbh. Feel it could be used in much better areas.

McGeough is a decent player but yet another midget. Spend the money on a powerful striker to replace Malonga.

theonlywayisup
15-08-2015, 06:25 PM
McGeough is a decent player but yet another midget. Spend the money on a powerful striker to replace Malonga.

:agree: I feel, in this league, we need a no-nonsense big direct striker. A bit old-fashioned put your head in where it hurts type player.

Golden Bear
15-08-2015, 06:44 PM

Hardly a midget but I agree with your sentiments.

I thought the Morton Number 9 looked just what we need right now.

geohibby
16-08-2015, 12:23 AM

if you 'google' dylan mcgeough it says he plays for hibs,
dont know if anyone has said this already

Liberal Hibby
16-08-2015, 12:42 AM

That's Farid surely?

truehibernian
16-08-2015, 01:05 AM

....you're going to be disappointed then

Beefster
16-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Every single rumour about McGeouch's current situation has stemmed from AgentScotland's assertion that there was a disagreement about the contract length.

Billy Whizz
16-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Every single rumour about McGeouch's current situation has stemmed from AgentScotland's assertion that there was a disagreement about the contract length.

The Celtic manager said yesterday when asked about McGeough to Hibs, that some negotiations were still taking place

scoopyboy
16-08-2015, 07:40 AM
AFAIK there is every chance Dylan will sign.

If he doesn't or if there is money left over I would buy the Dunfermline striker El Something, he is scoring for fun.

LaMotta
16-08-2015, 07:55 AM
AFAIK there is every chance Dylan will sign.

If he doesn't or if there is money left over I would buy the Dunfermline striker El Something, he is scoring for fun.

My mate whose a pars fan has been raving about el bakhatooooy for 2 years but says he has now come of age and looks very good. He also says that Hibs enquired about him following the recent friendly.....

lucky
16-08-2015, 08:38 AM
If the deal from Celtic is £400k or DM if rather we took the cash. We already have lots of midfielders. It would better spent on a CF and CH

Ozyhibby
16-08-2015, 08:49 AM
If the deal from Celtic is £400k or DM if rather we took the cash. We already have lots of midfielders. It would better spent on a CF and CH

We have money to spend on a CH anyway from the Allan sale.

greenginger
16-08-2015, 09:16 AM
We have money to spend on a CH anyway from the Allan sale.

Have we not already been " over-investing " with the McGinn compensation to St Mirren . :greengrin

Jim44
16-08-2015, 09:24 AM
As far as I was concerned, the Mcgeough deal was seperate from the Allan transfer. People were putting 2 and 2 together. I expect he will sign this week though.

There's so much open to interpretation to what's happened and what will happen. I keep hearing that the McGeouch deal is separate from the Allan transfer. So for me, that means that they got Allan for £275k (?) and a one year Henderson loan. If the McGeouch deal is separate, we now have to pay a fee for him. That's not a good bit of business. Somebody said that if we don't get McGeouch, we will get a bigger fee for Allan. How can we , if the deals are completely separate?

Alfred E Newman
16-08-2015, 09:27 AM
That's Farid surely?

If and when he ever turns out. Not much use sitting in the stand.

Real Emerald
16-08-2015, 09:31 AM
There's so much open to interpretation to what's happened and what will happen. I keep hearing that the McGeouch deal is separate from the Allan transfer. So for me, that means that they got Allan for £275k (?) and a one year Henderson loan. If the McGeouch deal is separate, we now have to pay a fee for him. That's not a good bit of business. Somebody said that if we don't get McGeouch, we will get a bigger fee for Allan. How can we , if the deals are completely separate?

I understand what you're saying and can agree to a point but if Henderson performs anything like as good as he is supposed to be, then we have replaced a good player with another good player and got £275k. We're no worse off player wise but have £275k to spend, if McGeouch arrives for nothing we'll have done very well. Having said all that it still sees a bit odd but we'll need to wait and see I think.

BoomtownHibees
16-08-2015, 09:31 AM

Celtc will be willing to sell Dylan to us without the transfer fee. Anybody else would have to pay for him. I don't know how it would work if he refuses to come though. Would imagine Celtc would then be due us a further fee but I'm confident that the deal is already done so won't have to worry about that scenario

DH1875
16-08-2015, 09:56 AM
If the DM deal falls through, do celtic not have any defenders we could get on loan/sign?

Andy74
16-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Celtc will be willing to sell Dylan to us without the transfer fee. Anybody else would have to pay for him. I don't know how it would work if he refuses to come though. Would imagine Celtc would then be due us a further fee but I'm confident that the deal is already done so won't have to worry about that scenario

So it is part of the Allan deal then?

BoomtownHibees
16-08-2015, 09:59 AM
So it is part of the Allan deal then?

Not entirely. What was reported was that Allan going to them wasn't reliant on a deal being struck for Dylan which it wasn't. If we can agree a contract with him then we will get him for free.

Andy74
16-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Not entirely. What was reported was that Allan going to them wasn't reliant on a deal being struck for Dylan which it wasn't. If we can agree a contract with him then we will get him for free.

That's a bit different. That would be part of the deal. They should just say so!

BoomtownHibees
16-08-2015, 10:11 AM
That's a bit different. That would be part of the deal. They should just say so!

It is a bit strange to be honest. I have heard that's it's all to do with tax etc. but not sure how much substance in that

greenginger
16-08-2015, 10:39 AM

If its part of the deal, his severance pay from Celtic will be taxable. The move to Hibs has to be seen to be a separate deal or Hibs/Celtic/McGeogh will have to pay at least 40% tax on his pay-off.

That's assuming he was getting more from them than he will be from us.

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2015, 12:00 PM
The tax situation is nothing to do with whether the deals are linked.

If DMs severance payment is part of his contract, it will be taxable. If its not, and he is trying to negotiate a separate payment, the first 30k is tax free.

The above would apply whether or not the deals are linked.

Leith Mo
16-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Will be announced tomorrow. New signing so deserves a separate space. Done deal.

Borderhibbie76
16-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Will be announced tomorrow. New signing so deserves a separate space. Done deal.

Are you ITK or just assuming this will be the case mate?

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Its all a mystery to be honest. No idea what the actual money was and no idea if Dylan is signing or not ... only Henderson is done & dusted, but he looks good. We really need to get this crap out of the way so we can get on with it.

Beefster
16-08-2015, 01:28 PM
The Celtic manager said yesterday when asked about McGeough to Hibs, that some negotiations were still taking place

Yea, I know he's in negotiations with Hibs. We have dozens of people on here pretending to know exactly what's going on in those negotiations though. If that was in any way true, McGeouch, his advisors and Dempster would have to be taking a break every 15 minutes to phone all their pals and given them the latest.

hibs0666
16-08-2015, 01:29 PM
I expect the deal to be finalised tomorrow.

Leith Mo
16-08-2015, 01:45 PM

Neither but it will be announced tomorrow -wasn't told length of deal just that deal is done and Monday announcement.

Diclonius
16-08-2015, 01:54 PM
The fact that Henderson didn't get #10 suggests we are saving it for Dylan.

Ronster117
16-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Yea, I know he's in negotiations with Hibs. We have dozens of people on here pretending to know exactly what's going on in those negotiations though. If that was in any way true, McGeouch, his advisors and Dempster would have to be taking a break every 15 minutes to phone all their pals and given them the latest.
DM just been on the phone, says he will sign if he gets the chance to beat the Huns at ibrox :thumbsup:

Jim44
16-08-2015, 07:06 PM

Neither but it will be announced tomorrow -wasn't told length of deal just that deal is done and Monday announcement.

Well that definitive statement suggests ITK to me. Depends on who told you 'tho. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
16-08-2015, 07:09 PM
IIRC Mo has previous for being spot on.

Jim44
16-08-2015, 07:21 PM
IIRC Mo has previous for being spot on.

So he is ITK or prophetic? :greengrin

jdships
16-08-2015, 08:14 PM
In other words no body knows :greengrin

Leith Mo
16-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Only passing on info given yesterday from person who is usually spot on

Andy74
16-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Just had a word with someone who should know and yes, it will sorted.

Leith Mo
16-08-2015, 08:35 PM

Brooster
16-08-2015, 08:53 PM

Im inclined to think your contact will know the script.

Sir David Gray
16-08-2015, 09:17 PM
If we do actually sign him, people are seriously going to have to learn how to spell his surname!

It's McGeouch, not McGeogh, McGeough, McGouch or McGough!

And while we're at it, our Chief Executive's first name is Leeann, not Leeanne, Leann, Leanne or Lianne!

And breathe! :grr:

PatHead
16-08-2015, 09:19 PM
If we do actually sign him, people are seriously going to have to learn how to spell his surname!

And while we're at it, our Chief Executive's first name is Leeann, not Leeanne, Leann, Leanne or Lianne!

I'll take note Trigg

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-08-2015, 09:20 PM

Some folk struggle with Gray so dinnae hold your breath.

jacomo
16-08-2015, 09:30 PM
The fact that Henderson didn't get #10 suggests we are saving it for Dylan.

Might take a while to click, but I have a hunch our new no.10 will do better without our old no.10 in the team.

SA has undoubted quality but there was a tendency for others to pass him the ball and wait for him to make things happen.

Glory Lurker
16-08-2015, 09:42 PM

It does amaze me that folk still get these names wrong. You'd have thought they'd have got it by now, given how many times they have been mentioned during the Scott Allen saga.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-08-2015, 10:13 PM

Calm down..... Dave.......... :greengrin

It's Magoo

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-08-2015, 10:20 PM
His motor was in the carpark outside the main stand on Saturday... Make of that what you will.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-08-2015, 10:24 PM
His motor was in the carpark outside the main stand on Saturday... Make of that what you will.

Iain G
16-08-2015, 10:26 PM
It does amaze me that folk still get these names wrong. You'd have thought they'd have got it by now, given how many times they have been mentioned during the Scott Allen saga.

Not to mention the number of times these players get mentioned and talked about by Allan Stubbs and Leeann Dempsey :agree:

DH1875
17-08-2015, 07:36 AM

So he was at the game then. Anyone see him?

bill the hibby
17-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Calm down..... Dave.......... :greengrin

It's Magoo

I've also seen mcgoosh

Ozyhibby
17-08-2015, 07:53 AM

I've never bothered to learn how to spell Farid's second name. Figured I'd wait till he played 10 games first. Didn't expect it to take so long. [emoji53]

SaulGoodman
17-08-2015, 08:08 AM
I've never bothered to learn how to spell Farid's second name. Figured I'd wait till he played 10 games first. Didn't expect it to take so long. [emoji53]

Oh Ozziehibby. You're such a joker.

scoopyboy
17-08-2015, 08:23 AM

El shouldn't take too much learning. :greengrin

Iain G
17-08-2015, 08:46 AM

Wouldn't you just called him Farid-o anyway?

Or Bruce? :greengrin

Ronster117
17-08-2015, 09:06 AM
any news yet?

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 09:24 AM

At least we no longer have to argue about how to spell Scott Allen.

:wink:

p.s. Has Mr Magoo signed yet?

Steve-O
17-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Is ANOTHER central midfielder even a priority?

Andy74
17-08-2015, 09:40 AM

Thinking longer term, yes, if we can get a quality player tied down we should do it.

scoopyboy
17-08-2015, 09:40 AM

It must be in Alan Stubbs' book or he wouldn't be trying to sign him.

Steve-O
17-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Fair do's, it just appears we've a large number of central players and hardly any wide players at all in the squad. How many left footers do we have, for example?

Hamish
17-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Once Dylan signs I would reckon both Stanton and or Harris will be away on loans or permanent deals

hibs0666
17-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Fair do's, it just appears we've a large number of central players and hardly any wide players at all in the squad. How many left footers do we have, for example?

I think McGinn is is a Catholic but I'm not sure about the rest.

DH1875
17-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Once Dylan signs I would reckon both Stanton and or Harris will be away on loans or permanent deals

Not sure about Harris but would agree about Stanton.

Keith_M
It must be in Alan Stubbs' book or he wouldn't be trying to sign him.

Do you mean this one?

:confused:

sambajustice
I think McGinn is is a Catholic but I'm not sure about the rest.

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Andy74
17-08-2015, 09:48 AM

I get that - we seem to have lots of cover there and nowhere else.

That said it looks like most formations we play we will have 3 central midfield players, so to have cover and options we would need about 5 of them. Longer term we won't have Henderson.

We get our width mainly from full backs in our systems and we now have Carmichael and Boyle who can play wide if we choose - I think McGeouch can certainly play wide if needed as well.

I also think Harris and Stanton will be gone if we can arrange it.

S4uzee
17-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Not sure about Harris but would agree about Stanton.

I would rather keep Stanton than Harris

GreenCastle
17-08-2015, 10:16 AM

We had 6 left footed players on the pitch on Saturday in the 2nd half!

Though agree no left footed winger.

Borderhibbie76
17-08-2015, 10:20 AM
So aside from debating if we need him or not. ..is he likely to sign today does anybody know???

scoopyboy
17-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Do you mean this one?

Very good indeed, I doth my cap sir.

Ronster117
17-08-2015, 10:25 AM
question for the people ITK.... has he signed? will it be today? or is this just another fantasy thread?

scoopyboy
17-08-2015, 10:27 AM
question for the people ITK.... has he signed? will it be today? or is this just another fantasy thread?

Patience.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Patience.

Patience and hibs fans dont mix

Pat s 4
17-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Have heard the boy easton might be at east mains just now, been released by st j, was a hun that told me so might be mince,

high bee
17-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Have heard the boy easton might be at east mains just now, been released by st j, was a hun that told me so might be mince,

Is that Brian the defender or Dylan the Striker?

DH1875
17-08-2015, 11:40 AM
I would rather keep Stanton than Harris

Yeah but Harris doesn't play centre mid.

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Very good indeed, I doth my cap sir.

Thanks Scoops, that is indeed an accolade

:wink:

staunchhibby
17-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Would rather keep Sam than Harris

Brightside
17-08-2015, 11:47 AM

Sheena? Ive heard he has a problem with waking up in the morning and stumbling out of bed.

scoopyboy
17-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Sheena? Ive heard he has a problem with waking up in the morning and stumbling out of bed.

Only works fro 9 til 5, no good for midweek games.

CapitalGreen
17-08-2015, 12:01 PM

Dylan

Biggie
17-08-2015, 12:04 PM

:top marks:tee hee:

bill the hibby
17-08-2015, 12:04 PM
Dylan

Doubt that, 13 games for dumbarton zero goals

rodhibs55
17-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Only works fro 9 til 5, no good for midweek games.

And That's Just To make a Living

Ozyhibby
17-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Patience and hibs fans dont mix

I think we are the most patient support in Scotland. Although there are less of us these days.

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 12:19 PM
I think we are the most patient support in Scotland. Although there are less of us these days.

My Dad is patiently awaiting the day he sees Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

He attended his first game in 1948...

Smartie
17-08-2015, 12:23 PM

Any word on Ermintrude the winger, Dougal the fullback or Zebedee the "box to box" midfielder?

Iain G
17-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Any word on Ermintrude the winger, Dougal the fullback or Zebedee the "box to box" midfielder?

Waiting on Mr Rusty to get back to full fitness after we sigend him...

Franck Stanton
17-08-2015, 12:29 PM

What a magic post -- in a roundabout sort of way.

Borderhibbie76
17-08-2015, 01:01 PM
So the monday unveiling that many predicted on here...is it gonna happen?

Ronster117
17-08-2015, 01:07 PM
So the monday unveiling that many predicted on here...is it gonna happen?
So many ITK.... They must be keeping to themselves.... Knowledge being power. :na na:

Lago
17-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Having been told to be patient, wait till Monday, he will have his own ER presentation, etc etc etc. I now am of the following opinions
1 we were never in for him

2 he doesn't want to come

3 we really dont need him

4 I hope I shortly have egg on my face, but.......

Lomondhibs
17-08-2015, 02:09 PM
40 mins ago
The Bounce understands that Dylan McGeouch is at Easter Road... Announcement hopefully soon. 👍👍just seen this on the bounce Twitter page

Brightside
17-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Having been told to be patient, wait till Monday, he will have his own ER presentation, etc etc etc. I now am of the following opinions

*splat*

Hibernia&Alba
17-08-2015, 02:21 PM
40 mins ago
The Bounce understands that Dylan McGeouch is at Easter Road... Announcement hopefully soon. just seen this on the bounce Twitter page

Good stuff.

Lomondhibs
17-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Dylan McGeouch contract finalised and signed, he is now a Hibs player. Awaiting on Hibs making it official. Good signing in my opinion! Just seen this on Twitter ?

HibsNutter
17-08-2015, 02:29 PM
If he was going to sign, I'm sure there would have been some announcement from the club when the Allan/Henderson deal went through, even if the announcement was simply 'McGeouch has been given permission to speak to Hibs', and so I haven't got my hopes up about him signing. He is a cracking player, but I'd much prefer we prioritised strengthening any other area of the pitch than Midfield.

Lomondhibs
17-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Dylan McGeouch contract finalised and signed, he is now a Hibs player. Awaiting on Hibs making it official. Good signing in my opinion! Just seen this on Twitter ?

https://twitter.com/HFCTransferNews?

JimBHibees
17-08-2015, 02:35 PM
https://twitter.com/HFCTransferNews?

How reliable is that though??

scoopyboy
17-08-2015, 02:36 PM

Number 4 is the only one that is correct.

Lomondhibs
17-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Pass you know what social media is like hope it's true though

JimBHibees
17-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Pass you know what social media is like hope it's true though

To be honest think it probably is in this case.

GreenCastle
17-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Calm down everyone the media officer is just writing the story for the official website :greengrin

Real Emerald
17-08-2015, 03:13 PM
That can't be right, never seen Zebedee in the box!

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Calm down everyone the media officer is just writing the story for the official website :greengrin

:I'm waiti

DH1875
17-08-2015, 03:49 PM
If we sign Jamie Insall today will that mean its been put back until tomorrow?

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 04:20 PM
*splat*

A tad premature, wasn't it?

As you mentioned on another thread regarding deals that 'Dylan is done', can I ask you again... has he signed a contract?

Lago
17-08-2015, 04:35 PM
:top marks
*splat*

Andy74
17-08-2015, 04:35 PM

As you mentioned on another thread regarding deals that 'Dylan is done', can I ask you again... has he signed a contract?

Never mind that, still waiting for the defender from last week!

Lago
17-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Number 4 is the only one that is correct.
And I 'll be happy with that:agree:

ancient hibee
17-08-2015, 04:41 PM

Surely you've missed

5 He's never Hibs class

Lago
17-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Surely you've missed

5 He's never Hibs class
I am sure 1 bad game and that will be at number 1 not 5:greengrin

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 05:15 PM
*splat*

I asked this question on two separate threads and still no answer.

The only reason I pressed for this is that you were so certain and so dismissive of Lago's questioning of your assertions.

Is it fair to say that you are not quite as ITK as you have made out?

Mr White
17-08-2015, 05:17 PM

The only reason I pressed for this is that you were so certain and so dismissive of Lago's questioning of your assertions.

Wouldn't be the first time hibs have waited for a few days before announcing a signing k :aok:

Keith_M
17-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Wouldn't be the first time hibs have waited for a few days before announcing a signing k :aok:

True, and I'm happy to be wrong but it's smart Alecs taking the P out of other posters that bug me the most.

HNA7
17-08-2015, 05:29 PM

True, and I'm happy to be wrong but it's smart Alecs taking the P out of other posters that bug me the most.

I'm sure the admin team would deal with that if it was an issue. That would leave you to get on with being a regular .net user.

DH1875
17-08-2015, 05:34 PM

I honestly don't see the point in that. If he's signed, announce it.

Mr White
17-08-2015, 05:35 PM
I honestly don't see the point in that. If he's signed, announce it.

I agree but it's something they seem to have done in the past.

hibs0666
17-08-2015, 06:06 PM

Is that not exactly what you are doing?

Lago
17-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Yeah he has had a couple of pops before, although this time I choose to take as a bit of humour, however as time passes the * splat * may well be on another face rather than mime.:wink:

Brightside
17-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Yeah he has had a couple of pops before, although this time I choose to take as a bit of humour, however as time passes the * splat * may well be on another face rather than mime.:wink:

I don't have digs at people. He has signed. When they announce it is up to them. But he has signed. If that's puts me ITK then super duper. Personally I couldn't care less about who is ITK or not. I just post bits and pieces that I hear from people at the club. The ignore button works a treat I have it switched on for a few.

Borderhibbie76
17-08-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't have digs at people. He has signed. When they announce it is up to them. But he has signed. If that's puts me ITK then super duper. Personally I couldn't care less about who is ITK or not. I just post bits and pieces that I hear from people at the club. The ignore button works a treat I have it switched on for a few.

Thanks underscore...always happy to hear your news so please keep sharing. Good to hear he has signed and am sure Hibs will announce it when theysee fit. Cheers mate

Franck Stanton
17-08-2015, 06:29 PM

That'll do for me then. As good as the Club officially posting it in my opinion. Many thanks Underscore, your info is usually spot on mate.

Lago
17-08-2015, 06:42 PM
As I said I took *splat* as a humourous response, happy to accept that he is a hibbie:agree:

brog
17-08-2015, 06:50 PM

Top man, keep it up! :aok:

Ozyhibby
17-08-2015, 06:51 PM

True. They gave zibi a three year deal and kept it secret for 6 months.

Brightside
17-08-2015, 06:54 PM
I hope he has signed now!!

Borderhibbie76
17-08-2015, 06:59 PM

Any wonder??

Alfred E Newman
17-08-2015, 07:41 PM
6 pages and I'm past caring now.

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2015, 07:42 PM
They also managed to keep it quiet that he was a goalie.

poolman
17-08-2015, 07:53 PM
They also managed to keep it quiet that he was a goalie.

He was ? 😨

oldbutdim
17-08-2015, 08:27 PM

Spot on.

Ink is dry, but possibility of another signing....................
:aok:

Iggy Pope
17-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Spot on.

Ink is dry, but possibility of another signing....................
:aok:

I am a big admirer of Oldbutdim's nous. 'Nuff said.

Golden Bear
17-08-2015, 08:39 PM
I am a big admirer of Oldbutdim's nous. 'Nuff said.

I agree. The Old but Dim fellah's info is normally spot on. In fact I'd say he's Hibs Net's number 1 ITK poster.

Franck Stanton
17-08-2015, 09:16 PM
I agree. The Old but Dim fellah's info is normally spot on. In fact I'd say he's Hibs Net's number 1 ITK poster.

Nope, that title belongs to Underscore, closely followed by... Scoopyboy, Thc Cat23 and Brooster.

E10 Rifle
17-08-2015, 09:24 PM
It may be a little to do with media tactics - Monday's back pages are full of reports and analysis from the weekend; given we won, it allows the opportunity for Cummings and the side to get a bit of positive exposure. Tuesday however is another day so maybe, just maybe, the delay is a bit about seeding us positive news over the course of the week in order to keep up interest, sales etc. :idea:

Lomondhibs
17-08-2015, 10:17 PM
It may be a little to do with media tactics - Monday's back pages are full of reports and analysis from the weekend; given we won, it allows the opportunity for Cummings and the side to get a bit of positive exposure. Tuesday however is another day so maybe, just maybe, the delay is a bit about seeding us positive news over the course of the week in order to keep up interest, sales etc. :idea:
Your bang on me thinks the powers at be want to keep the positive,s get more Fans back :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2015, 10:50 PM
I hope he has signed now!!

Any particular reason for delay underscore, was it contract length, or something about nothing?

Brightside
17-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Any particular reason for delay underscore, was it contract length, or something about nothing?

I honestly don't know. No idea why its not been announced. Perhaps Celtic have offered something else? But he is the main reason the Allan fee will not be announced.

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2015, 10:55 PM
I honestly don't know. No idea why its not been announced. Perhaps Celtic have offered something else? But he is the main reason the Allan fee will not be announced.

Cool, hope he gets up to speed quickly, as can't imagine him having had much game time......

southsider
18-08-2015, 07:33 AM
AS in the paper this am talking about Henderson. No mention of D. McG.

DH1875
18-08-2015, 07:49 AM
If the delay is to get the best media exposure then I guess this will done today as celtic play Malmo tomorrow and the media will be all over that Wednesday/Thursday.
If its not done today, I don't see it happening.

scoopyboy
18-08-2015, 07:56 AM
AS in the paper this am talking about Henderson. No mention of D. McG.

AS has already stated he will not talk about players that are with other clubs.

Jim44
18-08-2015, 08:07 AM

I think it's also the deafening silence of the media, who are normally quick to sniff out these things, which is causing doubt and uncertainty for a lot of people.

Onion
18-08-2015, 08:15 AM
I think it's also the deafening silence of the media, who are normally quick to sniff out these things, which is causing doubt and uncertainty for a lot of people.

All very strange. Cannot imagine Hibs are trying to time the announcement, as it will now come as a relief/non-event when it happens rather than the exciting new addition to the squad it would have last Friday. Also, weird that the wc media are not at least asking questions about this transfer ! It was part of the most exciting deal of the summer and involves a Celtic player. All very odd !!

scoopyboy
18-08-2015, 08:20 AM

I don't blame people in the slightest for having doubts, I wished they would get a move on.

I realise there is a fortnight left in the window but I would rather the player was in ASAP.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 08:21 AM
I don't blame people in the slightest for having doubts, I wished they would get a move on.

I realise there is a fortnight left in the window but I would rather the player was in ASAP.

Scoopy, has the guy actually signed a contract with Hibs?

Edinburgh Green
18-08-2015, 08:26 AM

The thing is, we keep getting told by certain folk on here that he's actually signed?

Jim44
18-08-2015, 08:28 AM
.......... and can any of the ITK guys confirm that, in the event of DM not signing, we will get an additional £475k on top of the £275k we supposedly got for SA?

Brightside
18-08-2015, 08:30 AM

"It is not the done thing to question certain posters" Cmon now. Its getting a bit silly. A few people have said on here that based on information shared the Dylan deal is done. Now unless someone gets a hold of a scan of his contract we obviously can't 100% prove that.

I wish they would announce it as it may stop some negativity for a few hours.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 08:33 AM
"It is not the done thing to question certain posters" Cmon now. Its getting a bit silly. A few people have said on here that based on information shared the Dylan deal is done. Now unless someone gets a hold of a scan of his contract we obviously can't 100% prove that.

What's silly about it?

Either he has signed or he hasn't. If people on here are ITK, then what's wrong with asking a straightforward question and expecting a straightforward answer?

Even a simple 'I don't know' would be enough.

Brightside
18-08-2015, 08:36 AM
.......... and can any of the ITK guys confirm that, in the event of DM not signing, we will get an additional £475k on top of the £275k we supposedly got for SA?

No money will be disclosed at any point.

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 08:37 AM

Agree all people can do is pass on what they are told and people can choose to believe it or not. The people giving the information are not in charge of if contracts are finalised or when the news is announced. Bottom line is if he signs he signs, if not we move onto another player.

Brightside
18-08-2015, 08:38 AM
What's silly about it?

Either he has signed or he hasn't. If people on here are ITK, then what's wrong with asking a straightforward question and expecting a straightforward answer?

" A few people have said on here that based on information shared the Dylan deal is done."

That's as clear as you get. Not sure why you continue to ask the same qn.

Ronniekirk
18-08-2015, 08:40 AM

If it had fallen through the Media would be on to it I would think Stubbs has made it clear he won't talk about it until it's a done deal .So maybe loose ends at Celtic not tied up and he won't sign the contract until every little detail is sorted but all parties may be confident that will happen

Both Scoops and underscore are very confident so we just have to be patient on this one It took ages to announce Fontaine after the ITK folk were clear he had signed .

Stubbs will want him in squad to play Rangers in signed and fit ,but if things still being sorted out and he knows he won't be in squad for Sunday he will be focussing on a game plan with players who are in contention
Doesn't answer your question ,but as I am not ITK ,never will be ITK ,and don't know anyone who is IT K , that's my best guess :confused:

Jim44
18-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Agree all people can do is pass on what they are told and people can choose to believe it or not. The people giving the information are not in charge of if contracts are finalised or when the news is announced. Bottom line is if he signs he signs, if not we move onto another player.

.......... and we just have to assume that we sold SA for a measly £275k and the loan of a player. Do we spend the money from the SA sale for a new player? If not, where does it come from? Either way, on the face of it, it seems a piss poor deal for us.

JimBHibees
18-08-2015, 08:50 AM
[/B]

.......... and we just have to assume that we sold SA for a measly £275k and the loan of a player. Do we spend the money from the SA sale for a new player? If not, where does it come from? Either way, on the face of it, it seems a piss poor deal for us.

There is no way on this earth IMO that Hibs sold him for 275k and a loan.

Ozyhibby
18-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Don't know whether he has signed or not but I'm not buying that we are holding of to increase media exposure. We are not Barca and mcgeogh is not Neymar. The column inches will be the same whenever we announce.
As soon as it's done it will be announced so that he can get to training and start preparing for a very big game this week.

hibs0666
18-08-2015, 08:56 AM
What's silly about it?

How can anyone be truly ITK unless they are McGeouch, his agent or a member of the senior leadership team at the club? All people can do is pass on the infomration that they have been told by their sources. Is that not obvious? :confused:

Andy74
18-08-2015, 08:59 AM
" A few people have said on here that based on information shared the Dylan deal is done."

That's as clear as you get. Not sure why you continue to ask the same qn.

Perhaps because nothing official has been announced and no one seems to have much of a record of knowing stuff recently.

Did the defender that was meant to be arriving early last week happen yet?

flash
18-08-2015, 09:01 AM
[/B]

You might assume that.

Manxhibs
18-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Hibs have a history of waiting until every minute detail has been ironed out. So I guess do what we do best and be patient.

Brightside
18-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Perhaps because nothing official has been announced and no one seems to have much of a record of knowing stuff recently.

Did the defender that was meant to be arriving early last week happen yet?

They have had talks with 2 defenders in the last two weeks.

E10 Rifle
18-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Don't know whether he has signed or not but I'm not buying that we are holding of to increase media exposure. We are not Barca and mcgeogh is not Neymar. The column inches will be the same whenever we announce.
As soon as it's done it will be announced so that he can get to training and start preparing for a very big game this week.

We are however an important source of information for the local press with reporters embedded in the club for a long time. Pretty sure they will work together to ensure one helps the other, for the majority of the time. So if the EEN needs column inches on a particular day, or Hibs needs to launch a scheme on another - there will be some sort of unwritten working agreement there to co-operate and understand each others needs. Just my take.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Alan Stubbs won’t rush to spend Hibs’ Scott Allan cash http://spont.ly/1RgXIU4 #hibs

What kind of a statement is that? Exactly how much did we get for SA?

Andy74
18-08-2015, 09:29 AM
They have had talks with 2 defenders in the last two weeks.

I'm sure we have. That's not the same as one specifically being signed.

This is why people still ask questions until it is actually announced.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Oh well, I suppose we'll know for certain he's signed when Hibs announce it.

It'll be nice to see him return to ER, as we're definitely short in some departments. Would be good if he was an option for this Saturday, though.

CallumLaidlaw
18-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Alan Stubbs won’t rush to spend Hibs’ Scott Allan cash http://spont.ly/1RgXIU4 #hibs

I have to say, if the deal is the £275k + Henderson on loan, I'm a bit dissapointed with that. If McGoeuch comes in, then I think its a decent deal, but when we apparently turned down £375k from Rotherham, the offer from Celtic seems low.

flash
18-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Thank **** the schools go back this week.

Mr White
18-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Oh well, I suppose we'll know for certain he's signed when Hibs announce it.

It'll be nice to see him return to ER, as we're definitely short in some departments. Would be good if he was an option for this Saturday, though.

The games on sunday. Maybe it's you that needs to check your facts :greengrin

Andy74
18-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Thank **** the schools go back this week.

Why's that?

flash
18-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Why's that?

Because the majority of posts just now seem to be made by 12 year olds.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 09:59 AM
The games on sunday. Maybe it's you that needs to check your facts :greengrin

Thanks for reminding me, I would've looked a bit stupid hanging around Ibrox for 24 hours

:greengrin

Brightside
18-08-2015, 10:00 AM
I have to say, if the deal is the £275k + Henderson on loan, I'm a bit dissapointed with that. If McGoeuch comes in, then I think its a decent deal, but when we apparently turned down £375k from Rotherham, the offer from Celtic seems low.

There was no offer from Rotherham. The money will not be disclosed anywhere as Stubbs rightly doesn't want other teams knowing what we have available. Allan will be "undisclosed" and Dylan will be "undisclosed"

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 10:05 AM
There was no offer from Rotherham. The money will not be disclosed anywhere as Stubbs rightly doesn't want other teams knowing what we have available. Allan will be "undisclosed" and Dylan will be "undisclosed"

Makes sense as it's all a bit like playing Poker between the various clubs.

Onion
18-08-2015, 10:38 AM

Need to keep up. Celtic valued DM at £460k and waived the fee for Hibs as part of the Allan deal. If DM doesn't sign, Celtic will be due Hibs more money.

Greenworld
18-08-2015, 10:47 AM
I have to say im baffled by it all underscore is convinced its a done deal but no announcements.the only press release I can recall that the lenth of deal was a problem. The only other thing of note was the announcement that this deal was not part of the allan deal which everyone thought it was. Not that im bothered one way or another but does seem to be taking too long even by hibs standard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
18-08-2015, 10:56 AM
I have to say im baffled by it all underscore is convinced its a done deal but no announcements.the only press release I can recall that the lenth of deal was a problem. The only other thing of note was the announcement that this deal was not part of the allan deal which everyone thought it was. Not that im bothered one way or another but does seem to be taking too long even by hibs standard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think what they said was the Allan deal was not dependent on the McGeough deal. If the McGeough deal falls through we're not getting Scott Allan back. Celtc will just have to make up the balance with cash or other players.

B.H.F.C
18-08-2015, 11:04 AM
If the deal has been done I take it Dylan will be training with us today?

Bad Martini
18-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Sorry to say but there is only one person who really knows what will happen and when. Major influence can be exerted by clubs, chairmen, agents and whoever the **** else wants to get involved but it comes down to the players' choice in the end.

Therefore, unless anyone on here is the player, they know the same as the rest of us right know, albeit some may know someone who knows someone etc. They may EVEN know the player...who knows ? Either way, as I say, until its finalised from the players' perspective, we know, **** all.

Err, endof in that regard?

In regards the deal, IF we dont get the player in question and did get £250k and a loanee, thats a bad deal. Again, its all IF's and maybes as nobody on here really knows.

:na na:

Fair dues :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2015, 11:17 AM
The more this drags on the more I wonder if it would be such a disaster if McGeough doesn't sign. If the guys we already have in midfield step up we have a pretty good core of decent players in there already ... none of them look like they are duds and they could form a very good midfield as it stands now.

If McGeough falls through we could have a fair chunk to spend on wages and I for one would be just as happy to see a good centre half and left back signed on the strength of that.

If it is McGeough I wont exactly be crying myself to sleep mind ...... I think he's a cracking wee player.

DH1875
18-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Can someone please explain the logic to me in that he has signed but we are putting of announcing it cause I really don't get it.
Also don't get Stubbs saying he can't speak about another teams player. If he's signed, is he no our player? If he's no signed why are people on here saying he has AND if its a case of everything being in place and he's gonna sign, how does he no just bloody sign then?

Franck Stanton
18-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Can someone please explain the logic to me in that he has signed but we are putting of announcing it cause I really don't get it.
Also don't get Stubbs saying he can't speak about another teams player. If he's signed, is he no our player? If he's no signed why are people on here saying he has AND if its a case of everything being in place and he's gonna sign, how does he no just bloody sign then?

So many questions and so little answers.

Prof. Shaggy
18-08-2015, 11:54 AM

Maybe we'll all welcome a wee uplift come the end of the week.

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Maybe we'll all welcome a wee uplift come the end of the week.

I'm greedy, I want him available for the game this weekend.

My_Wife_Camille
18-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Because the majority of posts just now seem to be made by 12 year olds.

You do realise in the year 2015 all the school kids can now post on their phones while at school anyway

Shrekko
18-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Sorry to say but there is only one person who really knows what will happen and when. Major influence can be exerted by clubs, chairmen, agents and whoever the **** else wants to get involved but it comes down to the players' choice in the end.

Therefore, unless anyone on here is the player, they know the same as the rest of us right know, albeit some may know someone who knows someone etc. They may EVEN know the player...who knows ? Either way, as I say, until its finalised from the players' perspective, we know, **** all.

Err, endof in that regard?

In regards the deal, IF we dont get the player in question and did get £250k and a loanee, thats a bad deal. Again, its all IF's and maybes as nobody on here really knows.

:na na:

Fair dues :thumbsup:

Cheers for clearing that up.

Hibeesmad
18-08-2015, 12:21 PM
McGeough was training with Celtic today and looked in 'good spirits' along with Allan

http://www.snspix.com/mobile/gallery/129265.html

flash
18-08-2015, 12:21 PM
You do realise in the year 2015 all the school kids can now post on their phones while at school anyway
No I didn't know that so thank you.

S4uzee
18-08-2015, 12:26 PM
McGeough was training with Celtic today and looked in 'good spirits' along with Allan

Well he's not signed then

Ronster117
18-08-2015, 12:43 PM

This..... He wouldn't be training with another team if he was a hibs player. So all the he's been signed and deal done comments are wrong

Jim44
18-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Need to keep up. Celtic valued DM at £460k and waived the fee for Hibs as part of the Allan deal. If DM doesn't sign, Celtic will be due Hibs more money.

I think what they said was the Allan deal was not dependent on the McGeough deal. If the McGeough deal falls through we're not getting Scott Allan back. Celtc will just have to make up the balance with cash or other players.

Very reassuring, but I'll believe it when I see it with quote marks and attributed to someone with credible connections.

Borderhibbie76
18-08-2015, 12:44 PM
This is becoming a nonsense...if he is training at Celtic today then clearly he has NOT yet signed for hibs. ..endof until we hear otherwise from Hibs

RCNG
18-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Those who say he'd signed should be banned for a month....

Billychaotic182
18-08-2015, 12:51 PM
There is no way he has signed if he is training with the

Ronster117
18-08-2015, 12:54 PM
This is becoming a nonsense...if he is training at Celtic today then clearly he has NOT yet signed for hibs. ..endof until we hear otherwise from Hibstime for the admins to close this crazy thread

Ronniekirk
18-08-2015, 12:56 PM

The Plot thickens .if he had signed a contract with us already and we just hadn't announced it he defo wouldn't be training with Celtic you wouldn't think .
Is the photo genuine and taken today ? If so suggests negotiations still on going and he is contracted to Celtic so trains with them

hibs0666
18-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Those who say he'd signed should be banned for a month....

Nah, get the polis involved.

scoopyboy
18-08-2015, 01:03 PM
time for the admins to close this crazy thread

Or possibly time for you to stop your whinging, cos that's all you've done on this thread.

If you don't like the thread then don't enter it, simple really.

IMO the admins see no need to close the thread otherwise they would have done, they do a good job without you so just leave them to it.

Brightside
18-08-2015, 01:11 PM
I fully expected to be "tailed" home now by the non-believers. I'm sure my phone is already being tapped.

Hank Schrader
18-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Or possibly time for you to stop your whinging, cos that's all you've done on this thread.

If you don't like the thread then don't enter it, simple really.

IMO the admins see no need to close the thread otherwise they would have done, they do a good job without you so just leave them to it.

:agree:

I find the level of neuroticism on this message board unbelievable at times. Dylan still training with Celtic = deal is off? I wish some folk would just calm down and be patient.

Hank Schrader
18-08-2015, 01:15 PM
I fully expected to be "tailed" home now by the non-believers. I'm sure my phone is already being tapped.

:greengrin

Andy74
18-08-2015, 01:17 PM
:agree:

I find the level of neuroticism on this message board unbelievable at times. Dylan still training with Celtic = deal is off? I wish some folk would just calm down and be patient.

Not off but not done. Folk are getting stick for daring to suggest it might not have been completed yet.

Purehibee_MYB

No squad number though :hmmm:

speedy_gonzales
Beat me to it, was just going to post the exact same!!

Keith_M
18-08-2015, 01:19 PM

The plot thickens,

...and we still don't know one way or the other :greengrin

brassmonkeybar
18-08-2015, 01:19 PM

looks like celtic dont expect him to be staying though, as judging by the pics hes the only player without a squad number or initials on his training gear

Still mite not come to us but seems like celtic expect him to be somewhere else

Jim44
18-08-2015, 01:23 PM

We'll never know how much or how little Stubbs is not going to rush to spend. Well Mr Stubbs, despite your coolness and casual soundbites, if we get another tanking from Sevco and the DM 'deal' is confirmed as dead in the water, you'll have one week to rush to spend the SA cash.

Northern Hibby
18-08-2015, 01:26 PM
looks like celtic dont expect him to be staying though, as judging by the pics hes the only player without a squad number or initials on his training gear

Still mite not come to us but seems like celtic expect him to be somewhere else

They all have NB :confused: