PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial Matchday Thread For Trivia Travel Breakfast Weather Fashion etc

Ronniekirk
15-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Is it the Dawning of a New Post Scott Allan Era .Can we overcome the loss of our best Naturally Gifted Playmaker and fashion a team that will now unite ,and show The Bookies ,and The Rangers ,that Hibernian F C can Triumph as Underdogs .( well they do say every dog has there day )
I think we can come out of this stronger ,but it needs to start today ,no sluggish performance no excuses about players still out injured .Stubbs needs to show he has galvanised the players ,and they need to come out and put on a performance for us Fans ,the Lifeblood of the Club .
It's a beautiful day in Paisley ,sun splitting the Sky .Will be having Peruvian Filter Coffee, orange juice with a hint of lime ,and a Bacon Roll sitting out in the Garden .

A pair of soft brushed grey Levi Trousers and a pair of light Vans ultra cushioned for comfort.if I can get the 140 th Anniversary Top before the game will wear that .

McGinn will certainly get more game time ,but not sure if ready to play 90 minutes ,same goes for Boyle as we desparately need his pace .Carmichael will come off the bench .Will we see Our first glimpse of Henderson in a hibs top ?
Probably too soon to risk Keatings

Prediction ,a bigger than normal travelling support from Greenock will make for a good Atmosphere and with no defensive changes we can make its hard to see us keeping a clean sheet ,so will go with 3. 1. hibs Cummings Boyle and and Captain Grey to make amends for last week and score .
Will Stubbs drop the Ox I doubt it .

Moan The Hibees our Season Starts Today with a Crowd of nearly 10 ,000 .:flag:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Traditional Scottish breakfast in Pedantic Towers this morning....coffee and two cigarettes.

A trip to the barbers has been pencilled in for 11am and then it's a pit-stop at my mothers to raid her cupboards for a scran. During the munch of stolen goods I'll be formulating my bets for today. Usual £20 treble with a tenner frittered on various long shot coupons.

Today I'm wearing a maroon tie and supporting a team in maroon....alas, Tranent Juniors. Committee duties have rendered me unavailable for the Hibs game today which in many ways is a shame as I'd love to go and see them and back them for their behaviour over the protracted Scott Allan saga.

Last price I saw for Hibs was 3/10. Hibs being Hibs, we'll either win 3v0 or be on the receiving end of a 1v0 sucker punch.

TheReg!
15-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Bowl of porridge
6 mile run around Arthur seat
New Retro top with Cargo shorts and slip on shoes
No 44 bus
Upper West stand
Watching the Hibees :aok:

Pretty Boy
15-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Skinny latte from Costa with some fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. I've decided I need to live a more professional lifestyle if I'm to support the club to the best of my abilities.

Fashion today is tricky as whilst the suns out there's a definite chill in that breeze. Probably not jacket weather but a jumper may be needed. Jeans and the new(ish) white with green trim Stan Smiths are a given, was thinking the purple Adidas Originals polo but that got an airing at Dumbarton last week so think it will be a white polo shirt with the bottle green John Smedley merino wool jumper, this can always be draped casually over the shoulders if it gets a bit warm.

matty_f
15-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Croissant and a bowl of Kellog's Krave, accompanied by a cup of tea.

Not giving too mich of a toss about the attire today, it'll be a pair of Nike Air Max, Diesel jeans, this season's home top, and a black Diesel jacket. And a Hibs scarf, naturally.

Got to do the rounds with the outlaws first, then up to my mum's to pick up my dad for the game.

Also in West upper.

Can't wait for the game today. 'Mon the Hibees!!

weecounty hibby
15-08-2015, 09:00 AM
All bran for brekie, currently having an iPoo(to much info??) thanks all bran!! Planet Rock on very loud in kitchen. Kids up and dressed. Son moaning as he doesn't have the new strip. Daughter moaning as she only has a scarf. Can see this costing me a fortune today!
Sun shining in gods own wee county. Not seen the Mrs since yesterday afternoon, off catch the Alloa Hibs bus at 12:30, what could be better😁

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Bacon roll,coffee, jeans,polo shirt,trainers.Taking the car today so no bevvy before or immediately after the game.In a rush to get back to a 40th birthday barbecue so hope the weather holds.

E10 Rifle
15-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Trivia: Anyone else at Cappielow in the 80s when we lost 4-0 to them. They were bottom of the league, we played like we were from another league (lower). To cap a wonderful day our bus driver got done for drink driving on the way back. You can laugh now, but I mean - jeesh. A low of lows. We're miles ahead of where we were then even if we are in the division below. Should be a good game today and I expect them to bring a large support.

LancashireHibby
15-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Four Lancs Hibs on the train up. Nice chat with a few Birmingham yoof on their way to Burnley.

Derry Hibee
15-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Landed from Belfast last night, 2 hours delay from easyjet has not curtailed my enthusiasm, first game of the season for me. Bringing the fiancée again, her 4th hibs game. Currently she has a record of watched 3, lost 3 (alloa away, Falkirk away, and Raith at home). She may not be allowed to anymore games come 4.45 😂

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2015, 09:41 AM
seeing as there will be sunshine on Leith today...i'm in

clean sheet for the defence please

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Landed from Belfast last night, 2 hours delay from easyjet has not curtailed my enthusiasm, first game of the season for me. Bringing the fiancée again, her 4th hibs game. Currently she has a record of watched 3, lost 3 (alloa away, Falkirk away, and Raith at home). She may not be allowed to anymore games come 4.45 

i take it you don't believe in three strikes and your out

:)

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Trivia: Anyone else at Cappielow in the 80s when we lost 4-0 to them. They were bottom of the league, we played like we were from another league (lower). To cap a wonderful day our bus driver got done for drink driving on the way back. You can laugh now, but I mean - jeesh. A low of lows. We're miles ahead of where we were then even if we are in the division below. Should be a good game today and I expect them to bring a large support.

yep(not that game though), the chippy near to the ground is where i experienced my first salt and VINEGAR, i mean come on...vinegar :sick:

MSK
15-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Brown bobbly knitted jumper my great gran knitted me, brown jogging bottoms from Matalan, white socks and my brown Jesus sandals, it's a hibs game after all, no a fashion show 😜

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Brown bobbly knitted jumper my great gran knitted me, brown jogging bottoms from Matalan, white socks and my brown Jesus sandals, it's a hibs game after all, no a fashion show 

you'll be sweltering in the heatwave k :agree:

MSK
15-08-2015, 09:52 AM
you'll be sweltering in the heatwave k :agree:Nah, I will be wearing my white, string vest under my jumper, I'm no silly 😃

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Nah, I will be wearing my white, string vest under my jumper, I'm no silly 

this vest

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00563/Rabmain_563568a.jpg

:greengrin

MSK
15-08-2015, 09:56 AM
this vest

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00563/Rabmain_563568a.jpg

:greengrinThe very one, where did you get that photo of me from ? 😃

BH Hibs
15-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Decisions decisions working til half one, have ST in pocket but don't fancy going in work uniform. Should've took that change of clothes dammit.

peterharrogate
15-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Anyone else remember a game at Cappielow in the 80s? We went behind and straight from the kickoff Micky dribbled through their whole team to equalise. Think it finished a 2-2 draw?

Sammy7nil
15-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Decisions decisions working til half one, have ST in pocket but don't fancy going in work uniform. Should've took that change of clothes dammit.
Whats the job, Teletubby? :greengrin

high bee
15-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Did a dot count (yes I was bored!)

Looks like 10500 Hibs fans(providing all season ticket holder show up), should be a decent crowd once the executive and away seats are counted.

MSK
15-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Anyone else remember a game at Cappielow in the 80s? We went behind and straight from the kickoff Micky dribbled through their whole team to equalise. Think it finished a 2-2 draw?Remember that ..was that the same game Andy Watson (aye him) beat a few defenders in the box & just had to tap it in..but he lost his balance & scuffed it past the post ?...might have been at Paisley though ..

Pretty Boy
15-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Did a dot count (yes I was bored!)

Looks like 10500 Hibs fans(providing all season ticket holder show up), should be a decent crowd once the executive and away seats are counted.

There was talk of 1000+ plus Morton fans today so if your counting is accurate we could be close to breaking 12K today which would be nice.

H18S NX
15-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Bread and dripping pieces,sugarolly,boilersuit ,sandals, and straw hat is the order of the day

BH Hibs
15-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Whats the job, Teletubby? :greengrin

More embarrasing than that. On train staff. :greengrin

SteveHFC
15-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Game today then Town tonight!

Wondering if i should i wear my denim jacket or my normal jumper tonight.

MSK
15-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Game today then Town tonight!

Wondering if i should i wear my denim jacket or my normal jumper tonight.Just wear yer usual "pulling" gear ...15300

Glesgahibby
15-08-2015, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=E10 Rifle;4442068]Trivia: Anyone else at Cappielow in the 80s when we lost 4-0 to them. They were bottom of the league, we played like we were from another league (lower). To cap a wonderful day our bus driver got done for drink driving on the way back. You can laugh now, but I mean - jeesh. A low of lows. We're miles ahead of where we were then even if we are in the division below. Should be a good game today and I expect them to bring a large support.[/QUOTE
I remember a drab 0-0 end of season game there,followed by a bouncing party train journey into Glasgow😀
Does anyone remember why??
Lol!!

Aldo
15-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Game today then Town tonight! Wondering if i should i wear my denim jacket or my normal jumper tonight.

Put it this way I wouldn't wear this one again this weekend mate. ;-)

When you showed it to me I lied to you in case I hurt your feelings!!

SteveHFC
15-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Put it this way I wouldn't wear this one again this weekend mate. ;-)

When you showed it to me I lied to you in case I hurt your feelings!!

Thought you would like it mate. :(

Ronniekirk
15-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Anyone else remember a game at Cappielow in the 80s? We went behind and straight from the kickoff Micky dribbled through their whole team to equalise. Think it finished a 2-2 draw?
Was there great goal Thought game ended 3 3 but could be wrong Weir also in first half teased a defender and kept ball on his foot and lifted ball over his head and ran round him

Aldo
15-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Thought you would like it mate. :(

Nope and before you ask your not borrowing mine!! (Wouldn't fit you tbh probably 3 or 4 sizes too big). ;-)

hibee_nation
15-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Can of lager for breakfast having a pint in Glasgow Central with an old army buddy who supports the ton could get messy today. 😀

Billy Whizz
15-08-2015, 11:18 AM
I remember a game at Cappiellow around the time when mcleish was Manager. Think it was against Dumbarton who were ground sharing at the time. Cant remember if it was cup or league. Think we won 3-0.
The thing I remember about that game, is that the Dumbarton had no goalie fit, think there manager had to go in goals.
Anyone remenber this incident

Lucius Apuleius
15-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Landed from Belfast last night, 2 hours delay from easyjet has not curtailed my enthusiasm, first game of the season for me. Bringing the fiancée again, her 4th hibs game. Currently she has a record of watched 3, lost 3 (alloa away, Falkirk away, and Raith at home). She may not be allowed to anymore games come 4.45 

No may about it, she will be banned forever!!!!!!:greengrin

.Sean.
15-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Brunch of a Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle, a peanut butter KitKat Chunky and Dairylea Dunkers washed down with Orange Lucozade.

In the fashion stakes are overalls, high vis and riggers... I'm stuck at work until 4 and missing the game :no way: