PDA

View Full Version : Our best player

Velma Dinkley
14-08-2015, 11:10 PM
A lot of people have been saying Scott has been our best player. It's all about opinions, of course, but I think David Gray is our best player. Great defender, gives us a real threat going forward, pace, stamina and leads by example. Also, I think Jason probably has the most potential of any of our players. League's top goal scorer last season. Not bad. Who do you think is our best player? (I don't know how to do a poll) :flag:

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Agreed. The whole Allan was far and away our best player actually annoys me a lot. Mcgeough, Grey, Stevenson, Fontaine, Cummings, Malonga and even Fyvie all done their jobs as well last season as Allan did his.

Of course he is a good player and in an ideal world he'd still be here but he had awful games last season in which he hardly bothered his arse and we've lost far better players than him down the years. I've said all summer to friends and family that I'd take McGeough + cash for him.

Nevi_SOL
14-08-2015, 11:18 PM
I think Fontaine followed by gray, but this season could be about cummings, mcginn, fyvie etc, big season ahead we dont need to have the best players we need to have the best team. looking forward to a exciting season. :gwa:

Pretty Boy
14-08-2015, 11:27 PM
If it was based purely on natural ability then Allan was our best player by a distance imo. Even with other factors taken into account he still was and I'm not going to say otherwise again now he's gone as some kind of revisionism. Again my opinion.

Don't agree with the Gray shout. Started last season well and at the half way point was close to being my player of the season but struggled after his injuries and never really recaptured hisearly form.

Malonga is massivelt underrated by some and it's too early to judge most of the new boys. Personally I have high hopes for Cummings. Knows where the goal is, looks to have improved over the summer, has that wee bit swagger you need and is still young enough to learn and improve.

Diclonius
14-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Our best player this season will be McGeouch or Fyvie.

sambajustice
14-08-2015, 11:31 PM
I said in a thread some time ago (last season) McGeough was more important to Hibs than Allan.

A lot of non Hibs supporting mates also agreed with that opinion.

Velma Dinkley
14-08-2015, 11:33 PM
If it was based purely on natural ability then Allan was our best player by a distance imo. Even with other factors taken into account he still was and I'm not going to say otherwise again now he's gone as some kind of revisionism. Again my opinion.

Don't agree with the Gray shout. Started last season well and at the half way point was close to being my player of the season but struggled after his injuries and never really recaptured hisearly form.

Malonga is massivelt underrated by some and it's too early to judge most of the new boys. Personally I have high hopes for Cummings. Knows where the goal is, looks to have improved over the summer, has that wee bit swagger you need and is still young enough to learn and improve.

To be fair, I don't think Gray had much time to recapture any kind of form after he got injured. We were struggling for cover at right back and it seemed we had to rush him back into the team. We missed him a lot I think. Dom is very good, especially at holding up the ball. He's strong and has a great first touch. I was actually very impressed with Fyvie last season, particularly towards the end of the season. And I think McGinn will be a great player for us this season.

I'm hoping we get a couple of defenders in then I think we'll have a strong team once everyone is fit - looking forward to seeing Carmichael and Boyle on the wings!

07BigD
14-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Cummings for me, he knows where the goal is and he is nowhere near the finished article, plus he is mental

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

AlbertK86
15-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Allan was head and shoulders above everybody in the league not just Hibs

However he is now history

I reckon it will be a close run thing now between McGeoch, McGinn, Fyvie, Fontaine and Henderson

HibbyAndy
15-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Fyvie is our best player.

Brightside
15-08-2015, 07:56 AM

Paul Hanlon

stoneyburn hibs
15-08-2015, 08:03 AM

I agree Andy.

overdrive
15-08-2015, 08:58 AM

Not for me. I don't get the love in with Fyvie. Too slow and ponderous. Malonga or Cummings on their day out of the current squad. McGeough if he signs.

ScottM1875
15-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Mcginn is our best player and has a huge future ahead of him.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2015, 10:42 AM

I reckon it will be a close run thing now between McGeoch, McGinn, Fyvie, Fontaine and HendersonHe really wasn't. Gave the ball away far too often, rarely tracked back and couldn't take a corner to save himself. I loved watching him (when he was on form) and would have loved for him to stay and commit to Hibs but he was seriously overrated last season. People just blatantly ignored his bad performances and often the good ones of those around him helping to make him look so good. He wouldn't have looked half as good without Robertson, Fyvie and McGeouch doing the running and defensive work.

2 goals is also a woeful return for an attacking midfielder who is ''head and shoulders above everybody in the league''

heretoday
15-08-2015, 10:47 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our best player is yet to show his talent whoever he may be. Until then I'll say David Gray.

Jim44
15-08-2015, 10:47 AM
After Allan, I would have said Fontaine, but his performances so far this season put a question mark on that.:confused:

sixtwo
15-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Allan was very good. I enjoyed watching him. I do think Fontaine has been solid and Gray has been very good also. Personally, I think mcgeogh could be superb for us this season. I am excited about Henderson. If we can get him playing to his potential he will be quality. I think that boy has the potential to play at a very vary high level.

ancient hibee
15-08-2015, 10:51 AM
He really wasn't. Gave the ball away far too often, rarely tracked back and couldn't take a corner to save himself. I loved watching him (when he was on form) and would have loved for him to stay and commit to Hibs but he was seriously overrated last season. People just blatantly ignored his bad performances and often the good ones of those around him helping to make him look so good. He wouldn't have looked half as good without Robertson, Fyvie and McGeouch doing the running and defensive work.

2 goals is also a woeful return for an attacking midfielder who is ''head and shoulders above everybody in the league''

So the rest of Scottish football was wrong-good for you.Isn't having different roles what teamwork is about.I agree that some of the praise for him on here was over the top but he won a lot of games for us with dominant performances.

dmc1875
15-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Allan was our best player. I don't think there is any doubt about that.

Now im not so sure. Gray and Fontaine have started the season poorly. I think McGinn is a cracking player.

last season though mcgeouch ran allan close so if we get him back Id say he would be the stand out

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2015, 11:07 AM
So the rest of Scottish football was wrong-good for you.Isn't having different roles what teamwork is about.I agree that some of the praise for him on here was over the top but he won a lot of games for us with dominant performances.I'm not saying the rest of Scottish football was wrong but it is the same with any award in football, rarely goes to the defensive midfield players/defenders. If Allan was half as good as some on here made out he'd have been going back to England for a little more than 275k.

AlbertK86
15-08-2015, 11:22 AM
He really wasn't. Gave the ball away far too often, rarely tracked back and couldn't take a corner to save himself. I loved watching him (when he was on form) and would have loved for him to stay and commit to Hibs but he was seriously overrated last season. People just blatantly ignored his bad performances and often the good ones of those around him helping to make him look so good. He wouldn't have looked half as good without Robertson, Fyvie and McGeouch doing the running and defensive work. 2 goals is also a woeful return for an attacking midfielder who is ''head and shoulders above everybody in the league''

Ok ....

Championship player of the year

As voted by

Other professionals .... Think they maybe know who the best player was ... Only saying

Nameless
15-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Based on last season, I would say our current "best player" is a toss up between Gray and Cummings. On potential importance, I think this seasons best player will be between Cummings, Malonga and Keating. If one of those 3 manage a 30 goal season, we are going up.

madhatter
15-08-2015, 11:43 AM
I couldn't care. I want a Championship winning team. Scott Allan is gone now so I hope we see players have more belief in their own ability. Fyvie for one hasn't looked as good this season yet and the instruction seems to have been "get it to Allan" which teams could read.

We need all players to pick up their game. We should be romping this league. Rangers look half-decent but pace and trickery upfront and their defence will be shown for what it is - mince.

Scooter
15-08-2015, 11:48 AM
For me there is a few bit I think Fyvie cpuld be out beat player

calumhibee1
15-08-2015, 12:05 PM

I reckon it will be a close run thing now between McGeoch, McGinn, Fyvie, Fontaine and Henderson

Exactly. People saying anyone was even close to him are kidding themselves on. However, he's gone, so onwards and upwards.

Hannah_hfc
15-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Agreed.

Think he's still to hit it off with most the support so hoping he can step up with SA away.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
15-08-2015, 02:37 PM
I don't think we have a stand out best player, and I prefer it that way. It's much harder for opponents to stop us playing if they have to focus their attention on numerous attacking players.

If we add McGeouch we'll have a good few midfielders and attackers more than capable of causing teams problems.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Allan was our most talented player by an utter distance. Glad he's gone though now under the circumstances and fully expect Fyvie and McGinn to step up now. Saying Allan wasn't head and shoulders above everybody else last season is silly though

KWJ
15-08-2015, 04:42 PM
On the back of today's game - Jason Cummings.

BoomtownHibees
15-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Hendo

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Ok ....

Championship player of the year

As voted by

Other professionals .... Think they maybe know who the best player was ... Only sayingHow is my opinion (watched him 30+ times) worth less than theirs from playing against him 4 times? I didn't say he wasn't the best player in the championship, I just said he wasn't gods gift like some on here made out.

Unseen work
15-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Guys lets not turn bitter and make out Allan was poor or made mistakes all the time and he ain't that good.

He was a terrific player for us, he is gone now. Let's leave it at that.

I don't think we have a best player right now, everyone is kind of on a par performance wise. For me over the season it will be Henderson or fyvie though. Both terrific young players who should be playing a lot higher

Velma Dinkley
15-08-2015, 06:05 PM
People are suggesting we have better players. Surely they're not saying it because they're bitter?