PDA

View Full Version : Farid

Zazu62
14-08-2015, 05:53 PM
What's happening with the big felly? How long is he out for?

Billy Whizz
14-08-2015, 05:55 PM
What's happening with the big felly? How long is he out for?

Spoke to him briefly today. Asked when he'd be fit and he said very soon

Zazu62
14-08-2015, 05:58 PM

👍🏼

B.H.F.C
14-08-2015, 06:00 PM

Hope so. Feels like we've been saying that since January!

We could really be doing with him being back.

rcarter1
14-08-2015, 06:05 PM

This good news!

Nameless
14-08-2015, 06:24 PM
His contract is up next summer, is it not?

Centre Hawf
14-08-2015, 06:41 PM

I love the big fella but he's got a big season ahead of him to earn an extension in my eyes. If he can stay fit I have no doubt he'll earn it though.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2015, 06:43 PM
He's a great big guy and a real character.

However he really needs to get back out onto the pitch and scoring goals. That's not a dig at him it was a horrendous injury he had but he needs to prove he's worth another contract.

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2015, 06:49 PM
He's a great big guy and a real character.

However he really needs to get back out onto the pitch and scoring goals. That's not a dig at him it was a horrendous injury he had but he needs to prove he's worth another contract.

Totally. I think everyone is so supportive of him...

Potential to be a proper legend and I genuinely hope he gets an injury free run soon.

If not then it'll be sad, but we move on..

#monthebigman

Alfred E Newman
14-08-2015, 08:20 PM

Aye, half way through his contract and hardly kicked a ball.

GreenArmyyy!
14-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Meeting him after the game tomorrow so will try and probe further 👍

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Hasnae kicked a ball and looks injury prone, needs to do a hell of a lot to convince me, I hope he does.

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Meeting him after the game tomorrow so will try and probe further 👍

Wtf would you want to probe him for ?
It's only going to set him back further.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Hasnae kicked a ball and looks injury prone, needs to do a hell of a lot to convince me, I hope he does.

Hasnae kicked a ball is harsh, 5 goals in 9 competitive starts for us.

Injuru prone is unfair as well. In the seasons before joining us he played 27, 33 and 26 games. He was unfortunate to pick up a serious injury early in his time with us and the had to have a bit tidy up surgery on scar tissue over the summer. He may not come back strongly from the injury, some don't, but there's not much evidence he's been habitially injury prone throughout his career.

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 10:46 PM

Injuru prone is unfair as well. In the seasons before joining us he played 27, 33 and 26 games. He was unfortunate to pick up a serious injury early in his time with us and the had to have a bit tidy up surgery on scar tissue over the summer. He may not come back strongly from the injury, some don't, but there's not much evidence he's been habitially injury prone throughout his career.

I'm talking about his time at Hibs, so far he been a poor signing and done little to inspire me. As I said I hope he goes on to change my opinion but until he does that's my opinion as it stands.

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2015, 10:50 PM

It's about what he has done at Hibs that matters.

lucky
14-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Totally. I think everyone is so supportive of him...

Potential to be a proper legend and I genuinely hope he gets an injury free run soon.

If not then it'll be sad, but we move on..

#monthebigman

Doubt he'll ever come close to being a legend. But hopefully he'll do well over the next couple of years or so but I have my doubts as he never seems fit

Pretty Boy
14-08-2015, 10:55 PM
It's about what he has done at Hibs that matters.

And he looked a very decent signing, in my opinion, before picking up a serious injury.

I said above he has to prove his fitness this season to earn a new contract but when he's played he has scored goals and I don't see why that won't be the case again.

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2015, 11:07 PM
And he looked a very decent signing, in my opinion, before picking up a serious injury.

I said above he has to prove his fitness this season to earn a new contract but when he's played he has scored goals and I don't see why that won't be the case again.

I think he's good enough, frustrating that he's never featured more during his time here.

R'Albin
14-08-2015, 11:14 PM

:agree:

When he first came back from the injury I thought he looked very good. He's the perfect partner either Cummings, Malonga or Keatings IMO. The way he bullied the two Hearts CBs in the most recent derby (Ozturk and Wilson?) was unbelievable, as well as his composed finish at the end.

portycabbage
14-08-2015, 11:44 PM
:agree:

When he first came back from the injury I thought he looked very good. He's the perfect partner either Cummings, Malonga or Keatings IMO. The way he bullied the two Hearts CBs in the most recent derby (Ozturk and Wilson?) was unbelievable, as well as his composed finish at the end.

2 well-taken goals in 2 derby appearances, only bettered by Deek/GOC/Mixu in recent years, although Griffiths should have been on 3 goals v them.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 01:09 AM
2 well-taken goals in 2 derby appearances, only bettered by Deek/GOC/Mixu in recent years, although Griffiths should have been on 3 goals v them.

Hasn't Cummings got a couple of Derby goals?

Back on topic, I thought Farid's performance against the yams was the best all round performance from a Hibs striker I'd seen for a long time.
That said, I can't see him getting a new deal unless he gets fit and has an amazing season. We can't afford to take a chance on his fitness.

The Leith Dutch
15-08-2015, 12:55 PM
He's the perfect partner either Cummings, Malonga or Keatings IMO.

This.

Assuming there are no fitness concerns over Farid the other three are fighting for one place.

You could probably make a case for Malonga playing behind a front two of Farid and either Cummings or Keatings

portycabbage
15-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Hasn't Cummings got a couple of Derby goals?

Back on topic, I thought Farid's performance against the yams was the best all round performance from a Hibs striker I'd seen for a long time.
That said, I can't see him getting a new deal unless he gets fit and has an amazing season. We can't afford to take a chance on his fitness.

He has, but that would be "equaled" rather than "bettered" :greengrin- the likes of Cummings, Fletcher, Griffiths and Stokes also got 2 each (in more appearances), but no-one's got more than that since start of 2000, other than the players I mentioned. I know it's only stats but it's a not bad one for Farid!

Juice-Terry
17-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Just ran into him in town. I asked when he will be back and he said 'In two to three weeks.'

Cod Boy
17-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Just ran into him in town. I asked when he will be back and he said 'In two to three weeks.'

I hope you didn't injure him when you ran into him😊

hibs0666
17-08-2015, 04:36 PM
I hope you didn't injure him when you ran into him

That's a doddle compared to that boy that's going to give him a good probing. :eek:

Alfred E Newman
17-08-2015, 08:05 PM

Are you sure he didn't say 23 weeks?

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2015, 10:03 PM

Not two to six weeks even?

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2015, 10:47 PM
A fit Farid would skoosh this division, hope he gets fit soon......

Brightside
17-08-2015, 10:49 PM
id rather have him fully fit for the second half of the season. he was pushed in too early last season.