PDA

View Full Version : Don't give another penny to the Daily Record

doddsy
14-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Surely the Hibs Fans will not buy this Rag which has previous (Scott Brown and Kevin Thompson and the rest) for unsettling good and promising Hibernian players and

acting as an unofficial Agent for the Old Firm in particular Rangers. I would never give another penny to it to diss us.

Are you up for it fellow Hibs fans.

Doddsy

HH81
14-08-2015, 04:52 PM
I am up for it. I have never ever bought the paper and will continue this boycott until the day I die.

James70
14-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Haven't bought that comic for many many years. Nor the Sun for that matter.

Golden Bear
14-08-2015, 04:54 PM
I can't give up what I've already given up.

The Keith Jackson/Willie Mckay/Kevin Thomson/Scott Brown saga finished me with the weegie rag many years ago.

I hope others follow suit.

doddsy
14-08-2015, 04:55 PM
I am up for it. I have never ever bought the paper and will continue this boycott until the day I die.

Exellent news. They were by far the main protagonists in the Scott Allan saga, shame on them.

MrSmith
14-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Haven't bought that piece of rubbish in over 20 years! Won't change and wish could ban them from Edinburgh!

lucky
14-08-2015, 04:58 PM
They only run stories that people want to read. More old firm fans so pro them. As for not buying it, don't see the point in many papers as they full of yesterday's news

Pedantic_Hibee
14-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Never bought or even read a Daily Record after I had a frankly brutal email exchange with Keith Jackshun over the Brown/Thomson transfer saga. Don't get me wrong, I went for the jugular during our battle but he further cemented my opinion of him as a complete bell-end during our conversation.

Must confess to having bought the Sun sporadically over the years but since the Allan stories started in earnest a good few weeks ago I've adopted the same approach and will no longer buy or read.

I somewhat doubt either will run an article on the hate-fuelled tweets The Rangers fans have directed towards Allan the past two days either.

zlatan
14-08-2015, 05:01 PM
It's quite amazing they're still going considering the decline in printed press plus the fact everyone hates them for a variety of reasons. I didn't think they'd see 2015 out after 'the vow' but still they scrape by, presumably using more and more of the mirrors content with each passing day.

doddsy
14-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Never bought or even read a Daily Record after I had a frankly brutal email exchange with Keith Jackshun over the Brown/Thomson transfer saga. Don't get me wrong, I went for the jugular during our battle but he further cemented my opinion of him as a complete bell-end during our conversation.

Must confess to having bought the Sun sporadically over the years but since the Allan stories started in earnest a good few weeks ago I've adopted the same approach and will no longer buy or read.

I somewhat doubt either will run an article on the hate-fuelled tweets The Rangers fans have directed towards Allan the past two days either.

Keith Jackson is without doubt the Olympic standard Bellend.

Aldo
14-08-2015, 05:04 PM
I queried them earlier about the abuse SA was now receiving from Sevco fans and if they were going to report it as they did for Hibs fans.

Guess what.... No response.

I have since asked Keith Jackson the same but won't hold my breath for a response.

The Harp Awakes
14-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Haven't bought it since their active involvement in the exit of Thomson and Brown from Hibs and never will. To call itself a 'national' newspaper is a joke. Just a West Coast, pro-Rangers mouthpiece.

CraigHibee
14-08-2015, 05:07 PM
It's a ***** paper,would never dream of buying it again, I'm sure the beano or dandy are more factual than that thing will ever be, ran stories the last few weeks about Scott Allan to rangers and now they are unhappy, twats

doddsy
14-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Haven't bought it since the their active involvement in the exit of Thomson and Brown from Hibs and never will. To call itself a 'national' newspaper is a joke. Just a West Coast, pro-Rangers mouthpiece.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Hibby Gav
14-08-2015, 05:08 PM
gave up this piece of sh** years ago...have missed it like piles....it's a fitting rag for the people it crawls to...
pond life....

Thank god I'm a Hibby !!!!

ggtth

pontius pilate
14-08-2015, 05:09 PM
I was listening to old football phone ins earlier today and their was a conversation/heated argument with Jim traynor and chick young just previous to the oldco going into liquidation. During that heated discussion when traynor was calling chick a liar and a incompetent reporter chick hit back with keep on being a cheerleader paper for them. Made me laugh

JOD
14-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Apart from their coverage of Hibs I have never bought and never will buy this unionist rag since the indy ref.

TheHarpy76
14-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Not bought a The Record for years. I want to ditch the Sun as well but can't give up my daily 'Striker' fix.

lord bunberry
14-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I wish hibs would ban them from Easter Road

Stokesy's on fire
14-08-2015, 05:12 PM
I wish hibs would ban them from Easter Road

I don't want them banned I want to see them reporting on us winning the championship this season.

doddsy
14-08-2015, 05:14 PM
I was listening to old football phone ins earlier today and their was a conversation/heated argument with Jim traynor and chick young just previous to the oldco going into liquidation. During that heated discussion when traynor was calling chick a liar and a incompetent reporter chick hit back with keep on being a cheerleader paper for them. Made me laugh

Would that be the same Jim Traynor previously of the Daily Record who later signed on at Ibrox to be their Publicity Spin Doctor in Chief and the Buddies LOL fan Chick Young.

Ozyhibby
14-08-2015, 05:16 PM
People need to stop linking to their website on here.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Would that be the same Jim Traynor previously of the Daily Record who later signed on at Ibrox to be their Publicity Spin Doctor in Chief and the Buddies LOL fan Chick Young.

And the same one that sent his article to the boy that ripped Rangers off to ask him to proof read it before it was printed.

hibee92
14-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Buy it most days. Asked the question today. Would they publish the same article with the clubs reversed? No. They wouldn't.

That's me done with them.

SanFranHibs
14-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Never bought the paper but came across this whilst reading Scott Allan to Celtic headlines

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-rangers-hibs-second-6250614#rlabs=1%20sitewide

Never knew until today they actually have a Record FC Rangers column.

Seemingly it is our fault although Rangers do have to accept a big share of the blame for Allan going to Celtic.

:greengrin

Beefster
14-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Never bought the paper but came across this whilst reading Scott Allan to Celtic headlines

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-rangers-hibs-second-6250614#rlabs=1%20sitewide

Seemingly it is our fault although Rangers do have to accept a big share of the blame for Allan going to Celtic.

They have give a column to a Hibs supporter too.

Viva_Palmeiras
Surely the Hibs Fans will not buy this Rag which has previous (Scott Brown and Kevin Thompson and the rest) for unsettling good and promising Hibernian players and

acting as an unofficial Agent for the Old Firm in particular Rangers. I would never give another penny to it to diss us.

Doddsy

It won't work - why? Because linking and click-thrus are just as bad if not worse. Close thread?

Lewis77
The Record is unacceptable pish. Propoganda & lies for sheep. A Rangers rag

PISTOL1875
14-08-2015, 05:24 PM
We should all email Miss Dempster and ask her to boycott the paper from Easter Road over this matter...

Sylar
14-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Haven't bought that comic for many many years. Nor the Sun for that matter.

As an avid reader of comics and graphic novels, I find this post highly offensive! :greengrin

doddsy
14-08-2015, 05:26 PM
It won't work - why? Because linking and click-thrus are just as bad if not worse. Close thread?

No chance
http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon8.png
The Daily Record has dissed us once too often for my liking.

Haymaker
14-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Not bought a The Record for years. I want to ditch the Sun as well but can't give up my daily 'Striker' fix.

My local landlord buys the sun so I pop in to read striker. No need to buy the rag :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Unashamedly panders to the Glasgow audience. Shouldn't surprise anyone by now though?

doddsy
14-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Unashamedly panders to the Glasgow audience. Shouldn't surprise anyone by now though?

Respect what you say and it is no surprise. However it is good to let the fans voice their anger as I am sick of the rag disrespecting us so frequently.

givescotlandfreedom
14-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Manky Sevco garbage. Don't touch it even if it's left on a train.

God Petrie
14-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Never bought it since "the vow". Self serving pish best ignored.

easty
14-08-2015, 05:41 PM
They only run stories that people want to read. More old firm fans do pro them. As for not buying it, don't see the point in many papers as they full of yesterday's news

:agree: exactly

SanFranHibs
14-08-2015, 05:41 PM

They do?

Shows how infrequently I even come across their paper.

patch1875
14-08-2015, 05:53 PM

What about George and Lynne?

Hibs Class
14-08-2015, 05:58 PM

Who is this Hibs supporter? I demand to know his name.

14-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Absolute joke of a paper. Their constant arse kissing of the huns is enough alone to never make me buy it.

HibsNutter
14-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Bias towards the OF with regards to Football, coupled with some laughable 'journalism' in general. I'd question why anyone would read this rag in the first place.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Surprisingly Jackson is a qualified journo

tamig
14-08-2015, 06:09 PM

Doddsy
Never bought it since Thomson had his captain's column ghost written by Jackshun. Absolute rag.

Nameless
14-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Does anyone remember the free evening rag they produced for Edinburgh? I used to walk past the playhouse on my way home, and the same boy tried to give me one most days. First time, I told him to ram his filthy rag, but I did feel bad for him. I eventually stopped to chat, and it turns out he was a nice lad - from Ghana, studying in Edinburgh........still, the record is a pathetic excuse for a paper, and anybody who genuinely reads it for the "news" stories is feeble minded and in need of a carer.

SkintHibby
14-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Ive not bought that rag since Keith Jackson was a journo for them and I was angered by their pro unionist stance during the referendum. Let's boycott it fellow Hibees!

PISTOL1875
14-08-2015, 06:27 PM
What about George and Lynne?

Or Dear Deirdre ???

highland hibbee
14-08-2015, 06:33 PM

Me too pal, need my daily dose of Warbury Warriors!! Hate the Daliy Weejie with a vengeance, wouldn't use it to wipe my arse tbh, but working offshore there's generally one kicking about, so must confess to phoning their hotline on occasion and having a girn, they usually cut me off, wonder why.........lol.

staunchhibby
14-08-2015, 06:45 PM
E-maled them today to say i regarded there article on Edinburgh showed nothing but contempt for us.Surprised (not) no answer

whiskyhibby
14-08-2015, 07:01 PM

Having read that, you can almost feel the poisonous bile being spat onto the page at every word, what a sad ****er

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Me too pal, need my daily dose of Warbury Warriors!! Hate the Daliy Weejie with a vengeance, wouldn't use it to wipe my arse tbh, but working offshore there's generally one kicking about, so must confess to phoning their hotline on occasion and having a girn, they usually cut me off, wonder why.........lol.

Didn't the guy that wrote/writes Striker leave the Sun a few years ago to branch out on his own? Did he come back with his tail between his legs?

pontius pilate
14-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Can't believe the warriors got a 30 point deduction that's taking the piss. Hopefully Nick can make them great and sticks with his vision damn Chinese.

Scorrie
14-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Haven't bought or read the DR for years. Wouldn't stuff it in a wet fitbaw boot

07BigD
14-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't wipe my arse with it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Waxy
14-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Already boycotting it for their horrible backing of the new Sevco and their quest to get put straight into the championship few years back.

Ricky Bobby
14-08-2015, 08:07 PM
The Record and the Sun are like the two bigot brothers they pander to, two cheeks of the same arse.

weecounty hibby
14-08-2015, 08:56 PM
I can't believe anyone in Scotland still buys it after last year. Remember its not just football they lie about. Pander to the OF and always will. Too many of the "journalists" will make extra money in some way from Der Huns and the lesser greens I suspect

FranckSuzy
14-08-2015, 09:05 PM
The only time I've even touched that pathetic excuse for a newspaper is when I was house-training my puppy. Surprisingly absorbent :agree:

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2015, 09:08 PM
I assumed that almost nobody bought the DR, Sun etc.
The Beano is more informative.

SON OF PADDY
14-08-2015, 09:24 PM

Doddsy

Forgive me Doddsy for I have Sinned.
I have to admit to buying it,
" not all the time " but I have bought it.
But I promise to cease immediately !
Please find it in your heart to forgive a silly old Git.

Haymaker
15-08-2015, 02:36 AM
Can't believe the warriors got a 30 point deduction that's taking the piss. Hopefully Nick can make them great and sticks with his vision damn Chinese.

It is a bloody outrage! 30 points?!

Viva_Palmeiras
15-08-2015, 04:32 AM
No chance
http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon8.png
The Daily Record has dissed us once too often for my liking.

Put it another way for any boycott folks need to keep in mind clicking thru to DR it Sunday Mail articles is where it'll hurt them these days. Relatively few people buy newspapers and they altered their approach for the online world. If folks are truly serious about this any "campaign" or individual would need to stop clicking thru - exclude the website on their browsers.
Otherwise the click bait articles will give them what they want click thrus to get revenue from their advertisers.

If someone cut and pasted the article Attributing the click bait article that might be one way but I'm not sure if that's kosher from a copyright perspective?

Im hacked off with the Scotsman - it's gone a similar way with articles designed to stir things up. its why that Katie aberration of a human still has a job even if you get up folks noses you attract an online "audience" to your site. Unfortunately over the years it's been one of my go to sites - the Scotsman was the one I turned to after 9/11 to clarify if it wasn't a hoax (BBC had been spoofed the previous week about the death of Britney Spears).

Despite my annoyance with the Scotsman online user experience (hardly readable with their new format on the iPhone bombarded with ads) and their treatment of Hibs I still click thru.

I just don't see how we could hurt them realistically. Arguably The biggest damage that may have been done could have been on its stance on the Indy ref going by comments but how many of those Indy folks never click thru to offending articles posted on social media?

GreenLake
15-08-2015, 06:08 AM
This thread title is a bit like telling me not to mallet myself in the nads.

Weststandwanab
15-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Buy it most days. Asked the question today. Would they publish the same article with the clubs reversed? No. They wouldn't.

That's me done with them.

Good for you.

I am amazed that anyone in Edinburgh buys it.

The Baldmans Comb
15-08-2015, 07:11 AM
It amazes me when you see Hibs supporters in pubs or the Hibs club reading copies of this garbage or its Sunday equivalent the Sunday Mail.

Don't you have any self respect.?

Obviously not as you are being treated with utter contempt and being laughed at.

What a way to go through life.

Leith Green
15-08-2015, 07:22 AM
Always was and always will be a Mouthpiece for the old firm. Its not even subtle either. They give voices to a bunch of idiots whose football knowledge and opinion outside of the old firm is non existent. Some of their columnists serve only to pander to either of the old firm.

The Daily Record is an embarrassment of a national newspaper. That was proved in the mid 2000s when they brought out an Edinburgh edition in the afternoons. Why would you do something like that unless you know your reporting in the newspaper is heavily biased in favour of Glasgow? And why not actually try rectifying it by making the Daily Records reporting more equal towards Glasgow and Edinburgh rather than a crappy publicity stunt that was never going to work. It should actually be classed as a Glasgow daily newspaper rather than a national one.

why anybody over the age of 25 with a brain and a non Glasgow postcode would buy this paper is beyond me.