PDA

View Full Version : Media Hands Off Hibs Victory Rally Footage

FranckSuzy
14-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Just saw this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=lnz5mGVjqK8) on the Bounce and thought it was worth a share, what with the 25th anniversary t-shirts coming out :thumbsup: Oh, and Joe Baker kissing the turf too :not worth

14-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Seen that before, very emotional.

SlickShoes
14-08-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm one of the kids on the pitch with the proclaimers, was a really great day I still remember it!

Soldiersteve
14-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Anyone got a link?

Bishop Hibee
14-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Great day. Players, Chairmen, board members come and go but the club belongs to the fans.

SlickShoes
14-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Anyone got a link?

https://youtu.be/lnz5mGVjqK8

Soldiersteve
14-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Thanks Slick
Emotional stuff!

Onceinawhile
14-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Anyone got a link?

There's a link in the OP, the word 'this' is underlined.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2015, 04:44 PM
One of my first memories as a Hibs fan.

I'd been to games before that but I struggle to remember them but I remember that day, or at least small parts of it, clearly. I was 4, how time flies.

HH81
14-08-2015, 05:15 PM
My grandad used to have this on vhs and it got lost sending it to his brother.

I used to watch it when i was young and my first ever game was not long after it. Wish i could see the full show that was on that tape.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2015, 05:22 PM
My grandad used to have this on vhs and it got lost sending it to his brother.

I used to watch it when i was young and my first ever game was not long after it. Wish i could see the full show that was on that tape.

Pretty sure, in fact almost certain, the whole thing is on YouTube in 3 or 4 parts. I watched it relatively recently.

Search Hibs the team that wouldn't die and it comes up.

HH81
14-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Pretty sure, in fact almost certain, the whole thing is on YouTube in 3 or 4 parts. I watched it relatively recently.

Cheers PB. Will look it up. My grandad used to get annoyed that he never saw it again.

Roxyhibee
14-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Emotional memories - dad was on his last legs and whole distressing thing was making him even worse, but this was a great day to be a Hibbie and I relayed his hero Joe kissing the turf when I got home to him..

i was on a leadership module for 5 weeks in 1991 and 4 weeks in 1992 at a senior managers college down south with 30 other guys from all over the UK. And between those 2 courses one of the tasks was to do a presentation of a great leader - Churchill, Ghandi, John Harvey Jones, etc and what qualities made them and why it was so important what they achieved.. (bare with me..!)

Much to the bewilderment of my course colleagues, I chose Kenny McLean and the Hands Off Hibs campaign.!

Interviewed Mr McLean in his office in early '92 and he was an absolute gentleman, giving me all the time I needed to get my info.

Without boring you with the details (yes, I know I am already..!) of all the different reasons that made him a great spearhead leader - business, spiritual, community, etc. my humble opinion was that my presentation was easily one of, if not the best. Ended with video footage of the League Cup final cameras scanning across the 30,000 plus celebrating Hibbies at full time..! Brilliant and created a lot of positive, drunken questions in the pub that night..!

i sent him a postcard thanking him again and telling him he had wiped the floor with Thatcher, Kennedy and Branson...

Sorry for that ramble, but vivid emotional memories from that time. Mon the Hibees tomorrow.!

Hibrandenburg
14-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Think that's my old boy on the far left at 55 mins.

H18S NX
14-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Sad to see a few people i knew who are no longer with us.

FranckSuzy
14-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Emotional memories - dad was on his last legs and whole distressing thing was making him even worse, but this was a great day to be a Hibbie and I relayed his hero Joe kissing the turf when I got home to him..

i was on a leadership module for 5 weeks in 1991 and 4 weeks in 1992 at a senior managers college down south with 30 other guys from all over the UK. And between those 2 courses one of the tasks was to do a presentation of a great leader - Churchill, Ghandi, John Harvey Jones, etc and what qualities made them and why it was so important what they achieved.. (bare with me..!)

Much to the bewilderment of my course colleagues, I chose Kenny McLean and the Hands Off Hibs campaign.!

Interviewed Mr McLean in his office in early '92 and he was an absolute gentleman, giving me all the time I needed to get my info.

Without boring you with the details (yes, I know I am already..!) of all the different reasons that made him a great spearhead leader - business, spiritual, community, etc. my humble opinion was that my presentation was easily one of, if not the best. Ended with video footage of the League Cup final cameras scanning across the 30,000 plus celebrating Hibbies at full time..! Brilliant and created a lot of positive, drunken questions in the pub that night..!

i sent him a postcard thanking him again and telling him he had wiped the floor with Thatcher, Kennedy and Branson...

Sorry for that ramble, but vivid emotional memories from that time. Mon the Hibees tomorrow.!

Great stuff :thumbsup:

Leith Green
14-08-2015, 07:38 PM
https://youtu.be/lnz5mGVjqK8

Almost brings a tear to the eye.. Im one of the wee boys on the proclaimers shoulders 😎

WoreTheGreen
15-08-2015, 12:37 PM
My first ever post but that rally really brings back so many memories. Was there on that sunny afternoon a emotional day for everyone.Seem so many faces on the clip sadly se no longer here a brilliant effort by all .

Carheenlea
15-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Is that the same hat at 3:22 that is on display at present upstairs in the West Stand? (Or was on display during our visit for the Leith Festival)
Anyone know the gentleman sporting said hat?

Greencore
15-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Where was sir Tom?

Why were there two hearts kids in the crowd?

Denverhibby
15-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Try these links to the 4 parts.
http://youtu.be/UgWTbzb5oBU

http://youtu.be/qKddRTvnS1k

http://youtu.be/PaIbJpekYyc

http://youtu.be/FLImNQYaCuQ

Jonnyboy
15-08-2015, 09:05 PM

Doesn't surprise me. I do and always will hold Kenny McLean in the highest esteem. A wonderful man and a Hibernian legend

Nakedmanoncrack
15-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Where was sir Tom?

Why were there two hearts kids in the crowd?

Farmer wasn't involved.
There were a very small handful of other clubs supporters there showing support, including jambos & even huns.