PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Scotty Allan

Leith_Hibee
13-08-2015, 09:30 PM
looks like Allan has moved on, not surprising as players have all the power in this day in age.
When we signed him I couldn't believe it. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him last season and would like to thank him for bringing his talent to ER at a time when our club was on its knees. He has been great to watch, wish the guy nothing but good luck (except against Hibs) in the rest of his career.

FromTheCapital
13-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Agreed mate and the fact he's not going to the Hunnery is a bonus! Good luck Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
13-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Nah. If he'd have kept the head down and got on with it this year then he could go with best wishes and be fondly remembered.

Handing in a transfer request after his first full year of football? Needless.

Glad to see him go.

Northernhibee
13-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Can't agree. Troublemaker at Dundee United, rotted away in England, we saved his career, played our fans for mugs, gave it the whole boyhood heroes thing then signed for their biggest rivals for a few quick bucks. Hindered our seasons preperations by making sure all the attention was on him too.

Hope you rot on the bench at Celtic and never reach the heights of the mighty Hibs again ya wee snake :aok:

Sylar
13-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Agreed mate and the fact he's not going to the Hunnery is a bonus! Good luck Scott.

Instead, he's away along the M8 to other cancerous pit of Scottish Football.

A great player who did great things for us but he gets no well wishes from me going to that lot.

FromTheCapital
13-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Instead, he's away along the M8 to other cancerous pit of Scottish Football.

A great player who did great things for us but he gets no well wishes from me going to that lot.

I knew a few of the boys at Celtic so I'm probably one of the only guys on here to respect them mate. Lot of nice folk at the club.

bingo70
13-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Nah. If he'd have kept the head down and got on with it this year then he could go with best wishes and be fondly remembered.

Glad to see him go.

Correct.

Hopefully we can get on with building a team now instead of it being the Scott Allan show.

Steve20
13-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Thank him for what? He's not even been part of a team to get us promoted. And he made it clear he wanted away from our club with his transfer request.

Good player, but let's not overhype him. And let's not pretend he isn't the same guy who treated us like **** the last few weeks.

God Petrie
13-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Good riddance and hope it goes terribly at the lesser greens "Scotty"

Del Boy
13-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Good riddance.

green day
13-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Any chance we can wait til he ACTUALLY signs elsewhere to slag him off?

Shanksaidno
Thanks for setting up a scenario where we will have a better team ie new defender with the money plus mcgeoch is good plus also a n other from Celtic who is probably decent addition too . . Onwards and upwards

Hibstrooper
As I said on the other thread, there is someone else deserving of a special thank you too...

Can I just take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to Rangers for turning Allan down last season. As a result of that decision we've:

Spent the last year watching a great player play
seen him rip your defence to pieces
witnessed him dump Ian Black on his ass
watched you make a fool of yourself and show your true position with your laughable offers
now received a financial boost by flogging him on
received a couple of excellent players as part of the deal

You truly are the club of the people, thank you The Rangers :aok:

Andy74
13-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Any chance we can wait til he ACTUALLY signs elsewhere to slag him off?

I've been happy to do that since he handed in a transfer request.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Not unhappy to see him go. Was getting ridiculous although the manager and the club deserve credit for sticking to the script. Most Arabs I know said that it was only a matter of time before he caused trouble, but if we come out of this with a stronger squad, then that will do for me.

Green&White
13-08-2015, 09:45 PM
In terms of purely football and the scottish game i hope he goes from strength to strength as i think he has the ability to be a top player for scotland...but...i cant see it, he will be another on a LONG list of talented footballers to waste away at that manky lot and it will be all his own doing.

Northernhibee
13-08-2015, 09:48 PM
I predict fireworks between him and John Collins.

Pretty Boy
13-08-2015, 09:49 PM

Glad to see him go.

Agreed.

LancashireHibby
13-08-2015, 09:50 PM

Glad to see him go.
That's where I'm at. At least we seem to be getting a half decent deal from it. He'll be wanting away from Celtc soon enough, no doubt.

The_Exile
13-08-2015, 09:52 PM
**** him, GGTTH.

ads913
13-08-2015, 09:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33905902 BBC
Gather its a done deal. Good luck Scott

My_Wife_Camille
13-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Left us in the lurch when we needed him most despite us getting his career back on track. The Celtic Hun can rot in the Parkhead stands for all I care. Thanks for nothing ya horrid mercenary dick.

Was genuinely fantastic to have such a talent at Easter Road while it lasted though

Pete
Agree. **** the trouble making wee dick.*

*I reserve the right to retract this should he not move.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
All the best Scotty.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Assuming he's finally off, he can GTF.

His behaviour over the last few weeks has been deplorable and he's been the cause of a lot of unrest amongst the supporters over the last three matches.

I'm glad he won't be going to Sevco but seeing another young Scottish player moving to Celtic is almost as nauseating and would normally be no better than if he had moved to Sevco. I couldn't care less how the rest of his career goes.

Of course in the unlikely event that he stays, I love you Scott. :aok:

7-Zip_Mike
13-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Up his own backside good riddance good player but not a great player

AlbertK86
13-08-2015, 10:04 PM
looks like Allan has moved on, not surprising as players have all the power in this day in age. When we signed him I couldn't believe it. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him last season and would like to thank him for bringing his talent to ER at a time when our club was on its knees. He has been great to watch, wish the guy nothing but good luck (except against Hibs) in the rest of his career.

IF it goes through and he is away to Sellick

Well said mate

Unseen work
13-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Let's not be ridiculous.

He gave 100% for us and has been brilliant. Best midfielder we have had in years.

All the best Scotty.

I for one do not blame you for wanting to join your child hood team with your best mate. Nor do I blame you going to the champions who play in Europe

Hibs1992
13-08-2015, 10:15 PM
This is premature.

I never believe a deal is done until I see it confirmed by the clubs involved. You can be made to look very foolish otherwise.

GreenArmyyy!
13-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Not going to be bitter but not giving him good wishes after his behaviour over the last few weeks, including his second half performance on Saturday.... What I will say is Scott Allan IMO is the most technically gifted footballer I have seen at E.R since Latapy. An absolute pleasure to watch. His stint with us was never going to last long but it certainly didn't need to end like this. He has let us all down and let himself down.

Unseen work
13-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Not going to be bitter but not giving him good wishes after his behaviour over the last few weeks, including his second half performance on Saturday.... What I will say is Scott Allan IMO is the most technically gifted footballer I have seen at E.R since Latapy. An absolute pleasure to watch. His stint with us was never going to last long but it certainly didn't need to end like this. He has let us all down and let himself down.

What was so bad with his performance? Still our main threat and created all the chances

Bishop Hibee
13-08-2015, 10:19 PM

Glad to see him go.

Agree. I'm sick of these mercenaries.

Hibeewilly
13-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Good luck Scott

tamig
13-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Good luck Scotty. A pleasure watching you at ER. Shame it ended the way it did but he kept giving his all on the pitch even during the transfer shambles. Hopefully the transfer goes through and the hun miss out.

GreenArmyyy!
13-08-2015, 10:27 PM
What was so bad with his performance? Still our main threat and created all the chances

Last 20 minutes of the game IMO his attitude was questionable to say the least, just wandered around shaking his head and seemed to be avoiding the ball as well.

Unseen work
13-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Last 20 minutes of the game IMO his attitude was questionable to say the least, just wandered around shaking his head and seemed to be avoiding the ball as well.

Tbf he was doing the exact same as what everyone watching was, Us domination and we conceded 2 crap goals as normal. He wouldn't of been happy to say the least but he never stopped trying

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2015, 10:32 PM
If this is the end, then the only thing I care about is Hibs coming out of it stronger. He was excellent for us last season, but the whole transfer request saga, when he could have simply rundown his contract, leaves an unpleasant taste. On the bright side, any move to Celtic that provides cash plus player(s) is in the long term preferable to losing him for nothing and means we can draw a line under this. Thanks for last season; it's a shame he's leaving earlier than hoped, but we all know what the modern game is like.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Nah. Not after these past few weeks. Totally unnecessary from him

Greencore
13-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Cheers for the cash scott. Break a leg :cb

IWasThere2016
13-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Let's not be ridiculous.

He gave 100% for us and has been brilliant. Best midfielder we have had in years.

All the best Scotty.

I for one do not blame you for wanting to join your child hood team with your best mate. Nor do I blame you going to the champions who play in Europe

Yes, a new Dad takes a 6x wage increase. I would do the same.

Good luck Scotty. A pleasure watching you at ER. Shame it ended the way it did but he kept giving his all on the pitch even during the transfer shambles. Hopefully the transfer goes through and the hun miss out.

:agree: Great player IMHO, and sadly Cellic will be stronger for signing him.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2015, 10:50 PM
****, can GTF. Can't believe some of the stuff in here, he has treated the club like **** in the last few weeks. Good riddance.

iwasthere1972
13-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Good riddance and hope it goes terribly at the lesser greens "Scotty"

:agree:

Shown no respect to the club and us the fans and wanting to go to The Rangers rather than stay another season and help us get promotion doesn't sit well with me.

Hope his career does a nosedive.

Thecat23
13-08-2015, 10:59 PM
He's just had a little boy and wants to secure his future. I've no hard feelings towards the lad if I'm honest. Could have shafted us and held out until Jan but he's done the right thing went up a league playing with Scotland's Champions and will play European football.

The Huns are spewing 😂😁👍🏼

stoneyburn hibs
13-08-2015, 11:00 PM
A thread thanking SA ? Brilliant.

hibbymick
13-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Let's not be ridiculous.

All the best Scotty.

Ive never got this best mate mularkey. Its no like hes playing for the U12s.

lord bunberry
13-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Cracking player who's ****ed us around in the last few weeks, I'm glad he's gone.

hibbymick
13-08-2015, 11:06 PM
He's just had a little boy and wants to secure his future. I've no hard feelings towards the lad if I'm honest. Could have shafted us and held out until Jan but he's done the right thing went up a league playing with Scotland's Champions and will play European football.

The Huns are spewing 😂😁👍🏼

Dodgy Dave must surely be under scrutiny now.

Thecat23
13-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Cracking player who's ****ed us around in the last few weeks, I'm glad he's gone.

Yep, best all round he's left! It was getting ridiculous.

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Looked a very good player but let's not forget he shone in a very poor league of a low standard. Failed before at WBA and the jury remains out on whether he can perform to the same standard at a decent level.

Northernhibee
13-08-2015, 11:37 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=286337&page=1

On another thread, there's this gem; "I find what Stubbs has to say about the 'rivals' thing comedy gold. They just signed a midfielder from St Mirren a few weeks ago. One directional principles it would seem. Is there such a thing? There is now!"

:lolrangers:

JJP
13-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Thanks for some great performances last season and thanks for not waiting to sign a pre contract with Tje Rangers. Last few weeks have been miserable though and I hold him responsible for that. Glad it's coming to an end now and everyone at the club can focus on what's important now, the future of the club and getting back to where we belong.

FranckSuzy
13-08-2015, 11:47 PM

On another thread, there's this gem; "I find what Stubbs has to say about the 'rivals' thing comedy gold. They just signed a midfielder from St Mirren a few weeks ago. One directional principles it would seem. Is there such a thing? There is now!"

That put me in mind of the late, great Kenneth Wolstenholme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wyLvagyApY), "they think it's all over", "it is now" :faf:

GreenLake
14-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Can't wait to see him in a Celtic shirt - the ultimate measure of his desire to play for 'The' Rangers.

Sadly, it might be a few years before we see him take a corner at Ibrox.

Joe
14-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Allan had hardly played a full season before he came to us. Bolted at United at the first chance then pottered around the lower leagues of England for ages. By the time he came to us he'd gone from "have you seen that guy Scott Allan" to "Do you remember that guy Scott Allan" We all knew his allegiances when he came and that if he did well he'd be off soon enough. He could have played out his contract, helped us get promoted and gone with our best wishes. Instead he tried to put the screw to us and force us to accept laughable small compensation for damaging our own promotion hopes. He's off and I'm glad. If anyone should be saying thanks it should be Scott Allan to us.

portycabbage
14-08-2015, 12:29 AM

So we can't refuse to sell a player who's under contract, and then sign another player who's out of contract? If St Mirren had mcginn on a contract, they would still have the choice to sell -just like we have with Allan.

J-C
14-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Had a name for himself as a trouble maker at Dundee U and also W Brom and was sent back from a loan spell at Birmingham due to his attitude. I thought he'd maybe matured and was getting his head down last season but the way this saga has unfolded this past few weeks has shown he's still the same selfish trouble maker he was at Dundee U.

Thanks for last season Scott but TBH I'm glad you're going, especially not to the Huns, I wonder how long it'll be before this whole scenario starts up again when you want away from Celtic.

KWJ
14-08-2015, 01:30 AM
Bit of a mess but looks like we'll come out of it well.

He was a great player to watch and times and got me on the edge of my sofa at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Hope he continues to improve and does well for Scotland in the future.

macd123
14-08-2015, 02:12 AM
Bit of a mess but looks like we'll come out of it well.

He was a great player to watch and times and got me on the edge of my sofa at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Hope he continues to improve and does well for Scotland in the future.

Delighted if true. All that stuff about the poor boy just wanting to play with his best mate at his boyhood team hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Great player but needs to learn how to behave.

Pete
14-08-2015, 02:50 AM
Thanks for last season Scott but TBH I'm glad you're going, especially not to the Huns, I wonder how long it'll be before this whole scenario starts up again when you want away from Celtic.

It will probably be very quickly if an English club comes in and he's ready.

Being totally honest I wouldn't blame him. People can say what they want about him but there aren't that many players kicking about with his natural ability and his self confidence is justified.

Pete
14-08-2015, 02:55 AM
Delighted if true. All that stuff about the poor boy just wanting to play with his best mate at his boyhood team hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Great player but needs to learn how to behave.

The Sevco cheerleaders are the ones who are going to look extremely stupid. By that I mean the red tops, their journalists and all the "experts" who were convinced that Allan's motivation for leaving was an emotion tie to a certain club.

They're going to have to get creative in the spin department now.

147lothian
14-08-2015, 03:17 AM
It was great seeing the way Scott Allan can pick out a pass, in the end the saga was getting ridiculous, if this move comes off and we get Dylan on a permanent contract and Liam Henderson on loan, it could work out for the best for everyone, good to see a line being drawn under it

col02
14-08-2015, 04:05 AM
Scott Allan has exercised his right as a pro footballer to seek an improvement in his circumstances that is all. It does stick in the craw a wee bit the fact he claimed he would see out his contract by way of repaying Stubbs etc. Also the fact the club seen him as the ideal spokesperson with regards to diabetes. All that said he was a joy to watch when on his game and he is a talented footballer. It has gone a bit sour this past month but I would rather quality players pass thru this club even if only for a season than your run of the mill journeyman types with not much left to offer

TAHibby
14-08-2015, 04:11 AM
Enjoyed watching him play during his year at the club, now **** off and enjoy your higher wage. Hopefully others will feel they have to step up.

Onion
14-08-2015, 05:06 AM
With Dave King's (off the radar) wealth, he surely won't allow Sevco to be humiliated this way. So, we can expect Sevco's mythical 4th bid will be winging it's way along the M8 this morning with a more realistic £1M + tag on it ? Stranger things have happened.

And who will Strachan be dropping, when SA instantly becomes international class by signing for Sellick ?

bingo70
14-08-2015, 05:09 AM
With Dave King's (off the radar) wealth, he surely won't allow Sevco to be humiliated this way. So, we can expect Sevco's mythical 4th bid will be winging it's way along the M8 this morning with a more realistic £1M + tag on it ? Stranger things have happened.

And who will Strachan be dropping, when SA instantly becomes international class by signing for Sellick ?

Don't think that happened with Armstrong did it? Bit of a myth hat players automatically get picked for Scotland when they join Celtic.

Agree about Dave king though, this will do his credibility no good at all.

HH81
14-08-2015, 05:40 AM
Thank you Scott Allan?

I am calling rubbish on the Celtic story and think he will stay once the window is shut.

If he did leave why would he deserve a thank you?

Carheenlea
14-08-2015, 06:21 AM
Thanks for showing a complete disregard to a club and manager who turned your faltering career around and put you back on the right track by trying to manoeuvre your way out at the first opportunity.

Blaster
14-08-2015, 06:24 AM
I think we need to remember we got a player of his calibre on a free knowing his previous tantrums. We got a cracking season out of him and in the end hopefully getting a decent deal if it all goes through

Yes he has been a tool over the last few weeks but if we get a similar opportunity with another player in the future with the same outcome I would still take it

Diclonius
14-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Can't wait to see him in a Celtic shirt - the ultimate measure of his desire to play for 'The' Rangers.

Sadly, it might be a few years before we see him take a corner at Ibrox.

Will we ever?

bill the hibby
14-08-2015, 06:55 AM
Thank you? Haha not from me, kept your head down and left at the end of the season he would have gained my recognition...don't the door hit you on the way out.

#FromTheCapital
14-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Glad to see him leave if he does. Couldn't care less about how his career ends up now. We've nothing to thank him for, sure he gave us some good performances but ultimately achieved the square root of **** all in his time with us.

Great wee player but total fud.

Keith_M
14-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Thank you Scott Allan?

If he did leave why would he deserve a thank you?

This.

Scott Allan came to Hibs in an attempt to rescue his career and then tried to buggr off at the first opportunity. He managed to p1ss off the support and employed an Agent who was stirring things in the press.

Are we really supposed to be grateful?

p.s. He hasn't actually left yet

lyonhibs
14-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Hibs have played a blinder here, if it comes off as described. Mugged Rangers off royally, get shot of Scott Allan who, even if he did keep his level of performance decent, clearly doesn't want to be here and get 2 very, very good players in return.

And Scott Allan can go away and play with the traffic - his attitude and behaviour over the past month or 2 has absolutely stunk to high heaven.

Roxyhibee
14-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Hibs have played a blinder here, if it comes off as described. Mugged Rangers off royally, get shot of Scott Allan who, even if he did keep his level of performance decent, clearly doesn't want to be here and get 2 very, very good players in return.

And Scott Allan can go away and play with the traffic - his attitude and behaviour over the past month or 2 has absolutely stunk to high heaven.

Spot on for me. Couldn't give a f*** about Allan or his career.

Glad to have watched him last season but under the circumstances, happy he's on his way to anyone except Sevco.

Delighted to get some much needed cash for him, to get Dylan back and Liam Henderson who is easily one of Scotland's brightest and strongest prospects playing for us.

Let's settle down now - more than enough talent in our team to start getting results in this league.

Sudds_1
14-08-2015, 07:34 AM
I predict fireworks between him and John Collins.

why? does he have a better six pack? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Best of luck to him, great attitude on the pitch when called on and a very decent player. The media circus hasn't dimmed my view of him which it set out to do.....all the best Scotty.

Greenworld
14-08-2015, 07:36 AM
Spot on for me. Couldn't give a f*** about Allan or his career.

Glad to have watched him last season but under the circumstances, happy he's on his way to anyone except Sevco.

Delighted to get some much needed cash for him, to get Dylan back and Liam Henderson who is easily one of Scotland's brightest and strongest prospects playing for us.

Let's settle down now - more than enough talent in our team to start getting results in this league.
My only concern we seem to be a team full of prospects and very few hardened proven pros could do with a couple of them .....but very happy with this deal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

HH81
14-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Best of luck to him, great attitude on the pitch when called on and a very decent player. The media circus hasn't dimmed my view of him which it set out to do.....all the best Scotty.

Did you wish Stirling the same best of luck at Manchester City?

Player power good for the game.

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Did you wish Stirling the same best of luck at Manchester City?

Player power good for the game.

Sterling, refused to play, called in sick and generally acted like an erse so no I did not.

Hibernian Verse
14-08-2015, 08:07 AM

"If he does sign for them, he never was and never will be one of the people!"

:na na:

Billy McKirdy
14-08-2015, 08:12 AM
Why?, has he suddenly signed for Celtic or is this just more newspaper speculation?

I'll believe it when I see it, and there is no way I'll thank the little mercenary for jumping ship and unsettling the club, he might be a half decent player but he's just a money grabbing bluenose who doesn't want to be here anymore, away and dissappear up your own ar$e ya wee trumpet. :aok:

hibee92
14-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Hope he rots on the bench. Good riddance.

HH81
14-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Sterling, refused to play, called in sick and generally acted like an erse so no I did not.

Dress it up how you want, two players thinking they are bigger than the club and want to leave.

Both look to get their wish. Couple of clowns if you as me.

#FromTheCapital
14-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Dress it up how you want, two players thinking they are bigger than the club and want to leave.

Both look to get their wish. Couple of clowns if you as me.

Agree 100%

Roxyhibee
14-08-2015, 08:29 AM
My only concern we seem to be a team full of prospects and very few hardened proven pros could do with a couple of them .....but very happy with this deal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes this is very true and I would like a couple of experienced players with winning track records in at some point. Still hoping we can shape the obvious quality we have in this league into a winning team - that's up to Stubbs and the staff..

Salt N Sauzee
14-08-2015, 08:46 AM
What are we actually thanking him for? :confused:

Terrible thread.

SlickShoes
14-08-2015, 08:49 AM
We achieved nothing while he was here, his transfer request disrupted our start to the season massively. Good riddance, hope you never play for hibs again.

madhatter
14-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Thanks for what???

Failing to help us get promotion last season and then causing mayhem in our pre-season and clearly causing disruption within the ranks this season - thanks is not what he deserves. Thank a player that puts in a written transfer request two weeks after saying "I'm happy here"...jeez what is football coming to.

He doesn't deserve abuse but he does not go with my best wishes.

Hope he gets used to Soccer AM because unless he drastically improves his overall attitude he will end up back where he was.

His work rate off the ball is very poor and he seems to have tantrums which is not going to get him far in the modern game. Celtic might be able to burst his balloon head but I fear he is an arrogant young man who is taking advice from sharks looking for £££££.

He is a good player in the Championship because of some of the opposition he is up against but in the Scottish Premiership, I think he is just a number and will soon find out he isn't as good as he is lead to believe. After all, we lost against Dumbarton and Hearts, have had 8 different scorers and have won 3 in 3, who we insist have "lesser" midfielders compared to Allan.

He is hyped up.

rodhibs55
14-08-2015, 09:34 AM
I have to say good luck to him, a terrific player and as someone previous on this thread stated, probably the most gifted since wee Russell.

Regarding his conduct over the past few weeks with this saga, them and their media bed mates have an awful lot to do with this, cant have been easy to deal with. Based on this, I would cut him a bit of slack, as some have alluded to, he could have just sat tight till Jan and signed a pre contract with them. Instead, we are getting a good player permanent, a good player on loan, and a fistful of pounds that we can put to good use strengthening further. Another bonus we may get is if RP has been involved, a sell on.

We move on.

GGTTH

E10 Rifle
14-08-2015, 09:39 AM
I have to say good luck to him, a terrific player and as someone previous on this thread stated, probably the most gifted since wee Russell.

Regarding his conduct over the past few weeks with this saga, them and their media bed mates have an awful lot to do with this, cant have been easy to deal with. Based on this, I would cut him a bit of slack, as some have alluded to, he could have just sat tight till Jan and signed a pre contract with them. Instead, we are getting a good player permanent, a good player on loan, and a fistful of pounds that we can put to good use strengthening further. Another bonus we may get is if RP has been involved, a sell on.

We move on.

GGTTH

Spot on

CRAZYHIBBY
14-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Thanks scott for lying to the fans...handing in a transfer request and unsettling our whole team....good riddence to him

Alfred E Newman
14-08-2015, 09:45 AM
I think Allan's career at Easter Road was over the minute Rangers and their media puppets stirred up the transfer circus . He certainly was a joy to watch at times last season, the semi against Falkirk in particular, but the reality is we achieved nothing with him and the way he has jumped at the first opportunity says a lot about him.
Thank him? I don't think so. I think it is Allan who should be thanking Hibs and Stubbs for picking him up off the scrap heap and giving him the chance to resurrect his career. Enjoy your time on the bench Scott.

HappyHibby93
14-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Terrible thread, left us when we needed him most. He was fully aware how d'être mental his move to Rangers would have been to us, and he still tried to force the move. Let's not kid ourselves on, he was never bothered about hibs. I'm glad it's done now, move on, let's win the league

JimBHibees
14-08-2015, 09:57 AM
I think Allan's career at Easter Road was over the minute Rangers and their media puppets stirred up the transfer circus . He certainly was a joy to watch at times last season, the semi against Falkirk in particular, but the reality is we achieved nothing with him and the way he has jumped at the first opportunity says a lot about him.
Thank him? I don't think so. I think it is Allan who should be thanking Hibs and Stubbs for picking him up off the scrap heap and giving him the chance to resurrect his career. Enjoy your time on the bench Scott.

Couldnt agree more.

emerald green
14-08-2015, 10:11 AM

It depends on what you classify / mean by a "great player". IMHO he was a good player, who has done nothing / won nothing, but he was not a great player.

What "great things" did he do for Hibs?

So much for wanting to sign for his "boyhood heroes" lol.

Northernhibee
14-08-2015, 10:15 AM
I'd certainly change the first word of this thread.

portyhibernian
14-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Scott Allan should be thanking us not the other way round.

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Thanks for showing a complete disregard to a club and manager who turned your faltering career around and put you back on the right track by trying to manoeuvre your way out at the first opportunity.

Utter nonsense, he turned his own career around got himself back on track, performed well for Hibs and looks like he has been rewarded with a big move with more mobey. Get over it.

BoltonHibernian
14-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Glad to see the back of him after the circus.

Best outcome IMO and happy with McGeouch coming in the other direction.

Bad Martini
14-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Thanks for what? He done what he was paid for and thats that.

He wasnt asked or paid to hand in a transfer request at a crucial point in the season and unsettle the team with said behaviour.

Thanks for nothing at all this season other than contributing to a bad start to the season...

:bye: :bye: :bye:

Real Emerald
14-08-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm delighted, so delighted I won't see another Scott Allan corner for Hibs. Maybe even get a goal from one now.

alexhibs
14-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Hibs are going to miss him bigtime, who is going to replace him? Its a disaster losing him. Lets hope I'm wrong and the team can work harder and become stronger. I think he's seriously let us down, he's only young so plenty time to make big bucks so as much as Iv'e loved him being a Hibby he's made a decision and Hibs will just get on with it. The only saving grace is that the Huns never got him

GGTTH
:flag:

Carheenlea
14-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Utter nonsense, he turned his own career around got himself back on track, performed well for Hibs and looks like he has been rewarded with a big move with more mobey. Get over it.

Managed to do it all himself? Don't remember a long list of suitors scrapping over his signature a year ago. This is how we get thanked. Another one of our best player Old Fiirm bound. Splendid.

Gatecrasher
14-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Good player but it's a shame it ended the way it did. If he kept his mouth shut for the season and continued to play well he would have got his desired move in the Summer. After the transfer request this is the best we could have hoped for IMO.

sleeping giant
14-08-2015, 11:44 AM
I can't wish him good luck.
Up yours Scotty.

RoscoHibby
14-08-2015, 11:47 AM
He's a good player, our best actually, but his silence in the past few weeks.....he'd be as well putting all that stuff in the daily ****** himself.

Glad this looks like this is finally getting resolved. Hibs should be commended for their stance.

But to thank Scott Allan? Thank him? Thank him for what? Sticking 2 fingers up to the club, stubbs, the fans? He can GTF. Would drive him to darkhead myself. World has gone PC mad if people are actually thanking him :confused:

My message to him would be :giruy2: dont let the door hit you on the erse on the way out. You ungrateful, scheming little chancer.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-08-2015, 12:04 PM
How will the boy Halliday at The Rangers cope with this news? what a shame. ;-)

patlowe
14-08-2015, 12:39 PM
How will the boy Halliday at The Rangers cope with this news? what a shame. ;-)

Exactly what I was thinking. The lifelong, inevitable, planets colliding dream to play together has been dashed!

Seriously though, he has the potential to be a great, great player and he made watching Hibs a joy at times last season. I also hope that we have a Scotland team soon that can accommodate a talent like Allan's, rather than just seeing it as a luxury to be sacrificed at the altar of organisation and system.

However, the last few weeks has left a real bitter taste in the mouth, not necessarily that he wanted to leave but more the apparent disregard for how his actions (transfer request in particular) would impact on the club he had previously suggested he was committed to.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. We had good results at points without him last year and it might allow us to re-engineer our style in a way that doesn't rely entirely on giving him the ball.

Gettin' Auld
14-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Thank him? For what? Nah, yer awrite.......

Lago
14-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Totally agree, the guy is a professional footballer looking to progress his career and improve his take home pay. Maybe could have handled the PR side better but hibs may well do ok out of this.

HH81
14-08-2015, 01:29 PM

Stirling did the same thing too I guess?

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Stirling did the same thing too I guess?

There you go again with your Sterling response. Tiresome and boring especially when there is no comparison to Allan other than in your mind.

frazeHFC
14-08-2015, 01:49 PM
**** you Scotty Allan

Onion
14-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Allan is just another selfish footballer (are there any other types ?) who say and do anything to progress their own careers. IMO he's been poorly advised and has an inflated view of his own worth and importance, probably engendered early in his career. Anyone thinking that Hibs was more than a paycheque and stepping stone for Allan is kidding themselves. He'll not lose a minute's sleep about the way he's acted, and neither should we. Hibs fans should move on and accept that we'll get Scott Allan's from time to time. The main thing is Hibs have come out of this sorry saga very well, we've got some value into the club and the main agitator in this (the Huns) have have been made to looked foolish. IMO a decent result.

HH81
14-08-2015, 01:56 PM
There you go again with your Sterling response. Tiresome and boring especially when there is no comparison to Allan other than in your mind.

Both players forced a move for the same reasons. In your mind one is fine but the other is a clown. Why?

SanFranHibs
14-08-2015, 02:13 PM
I did post prior to our opening defeat that whilst appreciating Allan's skill I think he is a little overrated. I really believe his end product is none too consistent and sometimes he can make other players, such as McGeouch, less effective. Not trying to belittle him as he has undoubted skills but we must remember who handed in a transfer request just prior to our first 'competitive' match against Rangers. This request was a calculated move, one that could only unsettle his team, the coaching staff and the fans. And considering it was only a few weeks after he said he was happy to complete his contract and help Hibs gain promotion it is clear in my mnd the timing was calculated to cause maximum distress and disruption to Hibs. He may have been ill advised but he and his agent knew exactly what was going to occur with respects to interest from Glasgow. I think it is wrong to accuse anyone of a Celtic love in. I am convinced that people are just more relieved that he is not going to our divisional rivals for a paltry sum. If we had been offered 600-700k from Rotherham and it was suggested that was a good deal for Hibs would one be accused of a Rotherham love in.

As far as I can see and I accept that Rangers might still be considered winners as we will have sold one of our better players, if a deal to Celtic goes through with decent compensation for Hibs it must be the best outcome. I wanted Hibs to keep him and hoped he played superbly all season but it seems the situation would be like an ant hill that a certain club and their supporting media will just poke at all season to see how much unrest they can effect. I also said several weeks ago that of course SA and his agent played Rangers along and the ultimate aim was always to get a better deal for SA at another club, but Rangers came blundering in with their insulting bid.

I don't profess to being 'in the know' and it remains to see if this happens and if so the level of return we get, but I want Hibs to now get the most out of this unfortunate situation and remove a major distraction for Stubbs and the team and possibly give Stubbs more options and a little more time to bring someone else in, rather than Allan leaving at the end of the transfer window.

I know Allan is a good player with upside for the right team but by his own request we know it is not going to be with us so let Stubbs get the most he can and our coaching staff and team can move on as one.

147lothian
14-08-2015, 02:16 PM

My thoughts exactly, Was the move to us good for Scott, yes he got a big bucks move out of getting his career back on track, was it good for Hibs? Err yeah, he was player of the year last season, and if reports are true we get Dylan on a permanent move Liam Henderson on loan, can't be bad for the middle of the park, and also some money for Stubbs to play with, some people seem to forget that players are not tied to clubs these days, he could have refused to leave signed a pre contract in jan, and we get nothing

Haymaker
14-08-2015, 02:24 PM
**** you Scotty Allan

this.

Stokesy's on fire
14-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Causing unrest before our season started merits a complete GTF from me. I'm sure he will do well for Celtics reserves. The only thing I thank him for is leading sevco's fans up the garden path to then say "COYBIG" and mess them about as well. Allan has completely owned both Hibs fans and sevco's fans over this. One week it was our fans spitting fire the next sevco's fans...He's not half ripped the arse out of us both. But it's funny watching them greet right enough.

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Both players forced a move for the same reasons. In your mind one is fine but the other is a clown. Why?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Which one turned down a massively improved contract, threw his toys out of the pram, refused to play, called in sick, made an erse of himself off the field with his daft and dangerous antics?

Sylar
14-08-2015, 02:59 PM
It depends on what you classify / mean by a "great player". IMHO he was a good player, who has done nothing / won nothing, but he was not a great player.

What "great things" did he do for Hibs?

So much for wanting to sign for his "boyhood heroes" lol.

I'm certainly not placing him on any pedestal, I simply mean he shone for us last year with his capabilities on the park. Sure, he won nothing when all was said and done but his undoubted skills and entertainment he provided are to be applauded.

His behaviour since then is another matter entirely and as I said, he'll get no well wishes for me going to that putrid cesspit. Sure, it's perhaps a wee bit funny that we've "pissed off" The Rangers but I take no amusement in him going to the other cheek of the same arse. If he said in a previous interview that he didn't fancy the pressure associated with playing in Glasgow, he's in for a torrid time by outing himself as a bluenose and then signing for their rivals...if he moves there, he'll get hounded.

14-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Great to watch last season, i'll forever fondly remember him running a riot against the huns in the 4-0 battering at Easter Road. But the way he has conducted himself the last month or so has been a slap in the face to Stubbs and the club (especially the fans).

Gave us all the "i'm happy at hibs, I want to see out my contract and help get hibs promoted etc etc" then the moment the huns came calling with their pathetic excuse of a bid suddenly he hands in a transfer request. This caused unsettlement for hibs just before we began a very important season. Stubbs and hibs picked him up from the scrap heap and have revived his career then suddenly when the huns came calling he was angling for a move.

His behaviour here and at previous clubs suggests to me that he's got a bit of an attitude problem and clearly quite up his own arse.

Thanks for your efforts last season Scott but if this is the way your going to treat a club who saved your career then you can piss off as far as i'm concerned. I only want players at hibs who WANT to be here.

ahibby
14-08-2015, 03:04 PM
I'm certainly not placing him on any pedestal, I simply mean he shone for us last year with his capabilities on the park. Sure, he won nothing when all was said and done but his undoubted skills and entertainment he provided are to be applauded.

His behaviour since then is another matter entirely and as I said, he'll get no well wishes for me going to that putrid cesspit. Sure, it's perhaps a wee bit funny that we've "pissed off" The Rangers but I take no amusement in him going to the other cheek of the same arse. If he said in a previous interview that he didn't fancy the pressure associated with playing in Glasgow, he's in for a torrid time by outing himself as a bluenose and then signing for their rivals...if he moves there, he'll get hounded.

I don't think we need him considering our midfield so we have done okay business in my view. I'm disappointed he showed signs of wanting to go to another Championship club. You reap what you sow. I am not sad to see the back of him but would probably thank him for his contribution last season and enabling Hibs to make a deal which on paper might be worth close to a million.

familyman
14-08-2015, 04:04 PM
S.A.Will perhaps have little game time at Parkhead ,so they have a fanatical Hibs man in their front line(LG), a captain from Easter road(SB) and now SA....Hibs still are lacking ambition surely?
How do we really turn the corner..? ,but behind the scenes things may now be happier ,we will see if that backbone is going to be shown after all this .....well overdue I reckon.
If SA goes and we do not get promoted as Champions we will have nowhere to go and will diminish as a club..cannot allow that under any circumstances...Fill the void fast and effectively!!!

HH81
14-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Which one turned down a massively improved contract, threw his toys out of the pram, refused to play, called in sick, made an erse of himself off the field with his daft and dangerous antics?

Do you know how Allan has acted since his transfer request?

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Do you know how Allan has acted since his transfer request?

Yes he's been a model professional, trained well, played well and even scored a goal. So what is your point again? Oh yes comparison to Sterling........I think they acted differently, you don't. Difference of opinion which I doubt either of us will change. Not a big deal to me so I'm out now.

rcarter1
14-08-2015, 05:26 PM
S.A.Will perhaps have little game time at Parkhead ,so they have a fanatical Hibs man in their front line(LG), a captain from Easter road(SB) and now SA....Hibs still are lacking ambition surely?
How do we really turn the corner..? ,but behind the scenes things may now be happier ,we will see if that backbone is going to be shown after all this .....well overdue I reckon.
If SA goes and we do not get promoted as Champions we will have nowhere to go and will diminish as a club..cannot allow that under any circumstances...Fill the void fast and effectively!!!

That players leave Hibs fan base 10Kish, to a club with Fan base 50Kisn, in a different league, is hardly evidence for Hibs lacking ambition. For me we had the ambition to refuse to sell to Rangers, and we did so because we are still realistically competing with them.
All in all, Ive never been more relaxed about a decent player leaving, as frankly, the player was no longer a good fit for us (meaning he wanted to leave). Now we can focus with the squad we have, hopefully add a face or two, and really grit our teeth and go for it.

:flag:

Craig_HFC
14-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Cheerio Scotty. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

HH81
14-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Yes he's been a model professional, trained well, played well and even scored a goal. So what is your point again? Oh yes comparison to Sterling........I think they acted differently, you don't. Difference of opinion which I doubt either of us will change. Not a big deal to me so I'm out now.

Stop making things up.

Forza Fred
14-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Scott Allan was/is only doing what he believes is best for Scott Allan, nothing more, nothing less.

While we are emotionally affected, he is simply looking at it career wise.

He is not the only hood player who unfortunately I have witnessed leave Easter Road whom I wish stayed a bit longer, and he won't be the last.

Unfortunately it's part of modern football, and I certainly won't be slitting my wrists with rust razor blades.

Good luck to his. He will soon no longer be our problem.

I do feel though that Hibs as a club acted superbly throughout this very difficult situation and the outcome is the right one.

Very rare for the board to be praised, but there you go, credit where credit is due.

God Petrie
14-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Congratulations Scott Allan on being part of a team who kept hibs in the second tier for an unprecedented second year then immediately thought the club was beneath him and engineered a move to the ugly sisters.

He's an ********. He's not in it for an end of career swan song a la sauzee, he's not even in it to have fun and enjoy football a la latapy, he is in it for the money and does not care about hibs. Aye but cheers Allan you were no bad during a dismal time in hibs history. A nobody who thinks he is bigger than hibs. He isn't and never will be bigger than Hibernian.

emerald green
14-08-2015, 06:07 PM

Fair comment. :aok:

Eyrie
14-08-2015, 06:13 PM
I'd thank him for his play last year, but since then he deserves a FU for his behaviour this summer.

anon1875
14-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Thank you for the performances, good player with a good attitude imo. It was an amazing how Stubbs even convinced him to come here as I'm sure he had a lot of offers elsewhere. He flew in to a 50/50 against Haliday < anyone doubting his commitment is crazy. He was brought in on a promise that we wouldn't stand in his way if someone else came in for him, if you're not happy with that we can always go back to signing the Tom Taiwo's and the Martin Scott's of this world.

Congratulations Scott Allan on being part of a team who kept hibs in the second tier for an unprecedented second year then immediately thought the club was beneath him and engineered a move to the ugly sisters.

He's an ********. He's not in it for an end of career swan song a la sauzee, he's not even in it to have fun and enjoy football a la latapy, he is in it for the money and does not care about hibs. Aye but cheers Allan you were no bad during a dismal time in hibs history. A nobody who thinks he is bigger than hibs. He isn't and never will be bigger than Hibernian.

Footballers don't play for the jersey and they haven't for years. This is mordern football mate and it's all about money.

Ronster117
14-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Players come and players go, Scott was a decent player who had some great performances, won player of the year in the second tier of Scottish football, hardly a pele. I for one will not give a jot when he leaves ... Stubbsy will replace him and we will carry on the good fight. GGTTH. :gwa:

Hibrandenburg
14-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Of all the players that have moved West in the last decade or so, SA is the one that I'm the least bothered about.

HappyHanlon
14-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Thanks Scott for everything between signing and the 30th June 2015.

Since that date, you've been acting like an absolute to$$er and have turned our club into a ****in circus.

Shame it had to end like this but you didn't want to be here...dick!

FranckSuzy
14-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Of all the players that have moved West in the last decade or so, SA is the one that I'm the least bothered about.

:agree: and if it had to be one of them, I'm just glad it's not the one that's a rival for promotion.

tamig
14-08-2015, 07:19 PM
What dross.

tamig
14-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Agreed. Despite all of the shenanigans Allan continued to do his business on the park. Nothing like the Sterling fiasco.

tamig
14-08-2015, 07:26 PM

He's a professional football player and making hay while the sun shines. It's what lots of professionals do in all lines of work. Why do you reckon he thinks he's bigger than the club?

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Agreed. Despite all of the shenanigans Allan continued to do his business on the park. Nothing like the Sterling fiasco.

Cheers, at last someone that can see what has really happened as opposed to being taken in by the media circus.

Ricky Bobby
14-08-2015, 07:47 PM
I hope Scott goes on to mature into a top class player in the future, he was most definately the most skillfull player in our division last year. However stats don't lie, his goals scored and assists are not what they really should have been for a guy with his ability.
Dissapointed at the way he winked and flashed a bit of thigh at der hun like a cheap hooker.

tamig
14-08-2015, 07:54 PM
I hope Scott goes on to mature into a top class player in the future, he was most definately the most skillfull player in our division last year. However stats don't lie, his goals scored and assists are not what they really should have been for a guy with his ability.
Dissapointed at the way he winked and flashed a bit of thigh at der hun like a cheap hooker.
With the benefit of hindsight he was clearly ripping the pish out of the hun.

Andy74
14-08-2015, 08:01 PM
He's a professional football player and making hay while the sun shines. It's what lots of professionals do in all lines of work. Why do you reckon he thinks he's bigger than the club?

I haven't witnessed many handing a transfer request in just one year into a contract when he only has another to go.

When you consider its his first real proper season it's not great behaviour.

I'm not just shrugging off him unsettling us at an important point preseason and patting him on the back for being a professional. He hasn't been.

Were you at the game last week? I'm not the only one to think he played as if it was all about Scott Allan. I don't believe he was just continuing to do the business at all.

Real Emerald
14-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Whilst I can see the point of view that most footballers given the opportunity do this these days, I think the way Scott Allan handled this was really poor. I actually think he's done more damage to Hibs in the last few weeks than any good he done us last season. I just hope we can move on from here and get some of the lost enthusiasm and momentum back. No thanks to Allan.

tamig
14-08-2015, 08:05 PM
I haven't witnessed many handing a transfer request in just one year into a contract when he only has another to go.

When you consider its his first real proper season it's not great behaviour.

I'm not just shrugging off him unsettling us at an important point preseason and patting him on the back for being a professional. He hasn't been.

Were you at the game last week? I'm not the only one to think he played as if it was all about Scott Allan. I don't believe he was just continuing to do the business at all.
His transfer request pissed you right off and you've made no secret of your views on him since then. I think your view's a bit blinkered. I never saw the game last week but plenty who did say he was a stand out. Based on what I did see of him against the hun and Montrose, I'd say he looked totally committed to the team.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Do people really think Allans agent went off piste and started talking pish to the papers about verbal agreements of his own accord? Or was he, as is his job, acting on his clients instruction?

Whilst Rangers and the media have been the instigators here Scott Allan has been more than aware of what was going on and played his part. I've no issue with players moving on to bigger and better things, we should aspire to be a club that produces/develops players big clubs want to sign, but plenty have left in the past with a bit dignity and afforded the club some respect. Allan has done neither. If people want to believe the actions of Rangers, Allan and his agent have had no affect on the squad then that's up to them but it's not the case, more than one player was unhappy with Allan and the situation and rightly so.

As long as he remained at Hibs I would have supported him but now that, to all intents and purposes, he's away I'm glad to see the back of him. On song a very good player but the last few weeks have left a bad taste and created a piss poor situation the club, who have handles this well, didn't need.

.Sean.
14-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Enjoy picking the splinters out your arse ya boat-rocking wee fud :giruy2:

marinello59
14-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Good riddance to him. One minute he is thanking Stubbs for saving his career and saying that he owes him. Then he pays him back by doing his best to disrupt our pre-season for his own selfish reasons. The Arabs hate him, his fellow Sevco fans hate him and a fair few Hibs fans hate him. I give it a year until the Celtic fans start hating him as well. I hope he spends the entire season on the bench.

hibee_girl
14-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Good riddance to him. One minute he is thanking Stubbs for saving his career and saying that he owes him. Then he pays him back by doing his best to disrupt our pre-season for his own selfish reasons. The Arabs hate him, his fellow Sevco fans hate him and a fair few Hibs fans hate him. I give it a year until the Celtic fans start hating him as well. I hope he spends the entire season on the bench.

All of this! :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
14-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Now he's no longer a Hibs player...bolt ya weasel. Shocking attitude, you and Celtc deserve each other.

Greencore
14-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Whatever anyone says about Scott it's your choice but remember he got us cash . First and foremost... He could have joined Sevco on a free..

The_Horde
14-08-2015, 09:43 PM
**** off. Dick

Aldo
14-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Now it's time to concentrate on Hibs and forget about players that don't want to be here!

Special mention to Stubbs, Dempster & Co for playing an absolute blinder in all this.

This will make us stronger!

GG.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Now that he's away I can say what I really think.

I wish him nothing but the worst at Celtic.

Total fanny who has completely disrupted the start of our season. The way he's acted towards the club that basically resurrected his career has been disgraceful and I just hope he's a complete failure at Celtic.

Scott Allan - GTF. :aok:

.Sean.
14-08-2015, 09:58 PM

Total fanny who has completely disrupted the start of our season. The way he's acted towards the club that basically resurrected his career has been disgraceful and I just hope he's a complete failure at Celtic.

:top marks

Scott Allan, **** **** ****, Scott Allan **** **** ****

hfc rd
14-08-2015, 10:03 PM

Totally agree. 100% confirmed a******

Enjoy warming the Celtic bench Scott.

silverhibee
14-08-2015, 10:16 PM
:top marks

Scott Allan, **** **** ****, Scott Allan **** **** ****

:agree:

For SA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AY24hvcrS4

Del Boy
14-08-2015, 10:19 PM
See ya ya wee fanny

E10 Rifle
14-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Do people really think Allans agent went off piste and started talking pish to the papers about verbal agreements of his own accord?

Yes I do.

Here's my take: First approach would have been to the agent from Huns. After that agent tells client that he can get them more money and sells him the plan to the player which includes putting in a transfer request with the agent doing the rest which includes a media strategy with the help of his contacts at the Daily Ranger in particular. Client thinks about it and says ok, let's see what you can do. Agent tells client to keep a low profile, no interviews, keep playing well, protect your image as best you can...and eventually, hey presto, they get a move and their money, and by next week it'll all be largely forgotten in the wider scheme of things. Job done for them.

Just my own conspiracy theory.

Anyway, sod him, he's gone and no longer of any relevance to us :bye:

lucky
14-08-2015, 10:55 PM
I wish him all the best. Hopefully he'll develope into a Scotland international. I love watching skilful players and he was the best player in the championship last season. Hopefully he'll progress and do well at Celtic but not against us.

DarrenSQH
14-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Good riddance to the wee rat.

Lol @ the Huns tho

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Persona non grata as soon as they leave Hibs.....

However, him and his agent disrupted our start, manufacturing a move to his boyhood heroes, despite previously saying Glasgow was a goldfish bowl, then being so much of a sevco fan, he decides to sign for their rivals....

One greedy, screwed up, spoilt man, who has turned out to be a real charlatan.....Good riddance...............:giruy2:

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2015, 11:15 PM
This thread shouldn't have got this far.

HoboHarry
15-08-2015, 12:23 AM
There are so many churlish and childish comments on here that it makes some of the garbage to be found on Yakback look positively intelligent. Hibs class my a**e and the admins should shut this thread down now.

Andy74
15-08-2015, 12:29 AM
There are so many churlish and childish comments on here that it makes some of the garbage to be found on Yakback look positively intelligent. Hibs class my a**e and the admins should shut this thread down now.

Ah well. At least we are insulting, with some sound reasons given, someone who has done the dirty on the club whereas you are just being abusive towards fellow Hibs fans who will still be here long after the mercenaries have gone.

What's the current fascination with closing threads you don't agree with??

Lang Toun Hibs
15-08-2015, 12:33 AM
Thank you Scott. An incredible deal for hibs! I bear no hard feelings. Seriously, what a bit of business!

I'm_cabbaged
15-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Whatever anyone says about Scott it's your choice but remember he got us cash . First and foremost... He could have joined Sevco on a free..

Aye, that was foremost on his mind. 👍 GTF ya wee money grabbing bass.

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Ah well. At least we are insulting, with some sound reasons given, someone who has done the dirty on the club whereas you are just being abusive towards fellow Hibs fans who will still be here long after the mercenaries have gone.

the poster you quote does this on a regular basis, and i doubt very much posters on the other site he obviously frequents have little class, and as for telling admins to close this thread... long live freedom of speech*

* within reason obviously

HoboHarry
15-08-2015, 01:23 AM

Mercenary? How many footballers or sportsmen for that matter are not? And why wouldn't they be given the length of their careers? It's good business for Hibs, nothing more, nothing less. We got him for nothing, sold him, got (hopefully) two players and a fee and we move on. This is no different to when we had the golden generation except we didn't invest in the team. It would appear that we are going a different direction this time by signing the like of John McGinn on a longer term contract. Do you think for a moment the 4 year contract is not to protect our interests? If we are offered a big fee for him in two years time we will take and so we should.

As for being abusive - sorry but you completely miss the point. I stopped posting on the Scotsman years ago because it just became a mud slinging site with little or no intelligent debate. Name calling, in any circumstance, falls way short of intelligent debate.

Hannah_hfc
15-08-2015, 02:35 AM
Now that the whole thing is concluded, I have nothing to say to Scott Allan. No player is bigger than Hibs and the last few weeks I believe, with his actions, he tried to make himself that.

Grateful Hibs stood firm to Rangers, however if we had been in the top league this season, I would have felt the same about selling him to Celtic.

Despite being a thread thanking Scott Allan (with some mixed opinion!) I'd rather with Liam Henderson good luck with us and hope he gives us a good season!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk