PDA

View Full Version : Here's my take on Allan

InchHibby
13-08-2015, 06:15 PM
I wanted him to stay and win us the Championship, but after he himself submitted a transfer request, my thoughts slightly changed but to be fair, I still wanted him to stay.
Then, after attending the game last week and sitting in the middle of the aggro caused by one idiot who we referred to as the lumberjack lout, ( he was wearing a shirt similar to the Lumberjacks) I changed my mind.
My thoughts on Sunday morning were, please Celtic come in for him, get him out of our team now, he's stated he wants away, he's not only got the fans arguing, he, in my opinion, has the team not concentrating also.
We all know he's a Hun, but if Celtic offer him a three year contract, maybe £10,000 a week, the chance of European football at the highest level, the club most likely to win the premier and for that matter, both cup competitions, then you would have to be a total idiot or bigot to knock back that.
As long as we get what we want and part of that would be McGeoch.
In fact on BBC tonight it mentioned a couple of players.
Let's face it, him staying with us is only going to get worse, especially in the January window when he signs a pre contract with his heroes, when, we're going to hate him even more, and will he try as hard, I'd like to think so but, maybe not.
Get shot of him now, preferably this weekend, take the dough, take whatever players they offer and let's get this season started, we can win this league without him.

PatHead
13-08-2015, 07:17 PM
So he should leave because some idiot in a lumberjack outfit shouts at him?

H18 SFR
13-08-2015, 07:18 PM
So he should leave because some idiot in a lumberjack outfit shouts at him?

Have you read the full post?

PatHead
13-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Have you read the full post?

Yes, his tipping point was the guy in the lumberjack outfit.

Greencore
13-08-2015, 07:22 PM
so he should leave because some idiot in a lumberjack outfit shouts at him?

lol!!!!!

Capt Mainwaring
13-08-2015, 07:24 PM
I wanted him to stay and win us the Championship, but after he himself submitted a transfer request, my thoughts slightly changed but to be fair, I still wanted him to stay.
Then, after attending the game last week and sitting in the middle of the aggro caused by one idiot who we referred to as the lumberjack lout, ( he was wearing a shirt similar to the Lumberjacks) I changed my mind.
My thoughts on Sunday morning were, please Celtic come in for him, get him out of our team now, he's stated he wants away, he's not only got the fans arguing, he, in my opinion, has the team not concentrating also.
We all know he's a Hun, but if Celtic offer him a three year contract, maybe £10,000 a week, the chance of European football at the highest level, the club most likely to win the premier and for that matter, both cup competitions, then you would have to be a total idiot or bigot to knock back that.
Let's face it, him staying with us is only going to get worse, especially in the January window when he signs a pre contract with his heroes, when, we're going to hate him even more, and will he try as hard, I'd like to think so but, maybe not.
Get shot of him now, preferably this weekend, take the dough, take whatever players they offer and let's get this season started, we can win this league without him.
Congratulations - the old firm tactics and their west coast media buddies have you exactly where they want Hibs supporters and our Club to be

iainm1875
13-08-2015, 07:25 PM

Spot on. There's a negative energy around the club just now. I think that would change with his departure and a couple of talented players appearing in his place. Hopefully not injured !

maturehibby
13-08-2015, 08:35 PM
For what its worth you have put to paper what I was thinking - TOTALLY AGREE - have supported Hibs since I was 5 years old and have been going to games ever since -pre Bosman all the power was with the clubs but it is now heavily laden in the players court .
Footballers today are mainly Mercenary by nature who sell their services to the higher bidder as do the best of people in all types of work a short shelf lifeto get as much as they can - get rid ASAP I say .
Allan is no different and is exerting his right to caause as much disruption in the ranks so as Hibs will get rid - well Scotty boy this action has backfired on you now in a big way leaving him with a big decision Loyalty(to Der Hun) v Cash and I think I know who will win this.

livi hibs 1875
13-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Agree with most of your post. But I don't think his loyalty to de hun comes into this at all. He has never once said I want to leave hibs to join thme. More money champions league football and instantly a Scotland regular will be his thoughts, well maybe

SON OF PADDY
13-08-2015, 08:47 PM

Top post matemate, I totally agree with all you say.👏👏👏

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Whilst I would agree that getting rid of Scott Allan is the right thing to do I don't think getting Dylan is brilliant. He was part of a team who didn't get promotion and spent a fair portion on the injury list.
We need width very badly.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

Franck Stanton
13-08-2015, 09:06 PM

Well said that man. Sums up my thoughts/feelings as well. :top marks

Greenworld
13-08-2015, 09:08 PM
We have width when they are fit this weekend.....stubbs wants dylan and I think you will see a much better more balanced midfield....club will be a better place again....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
13-08-2015, 10:25 PM
To be honest I haven't read or watched an interview with Scott Allan so have no idea what he thinks or has said. I think sevco fans arrogantly presumed he wanted away from us to specifically play for them coz of his boyhood allegiance... But I have never heard that coming from Allan himself.

He was advised to put in a transfer request but only after the Currant Buns started the hostile bidding. SA has not to my knowledge said he wanted away before that?

So... the sevcos have themselves to blame by stirring up unrest and making SA and his advisors believe the time is right for him to move on. He's now gonna get much better pay and the prospect of playing in championship league and winning medals. It's inevitable he would move on but I hoped it would be after helping us win promotion. Maybe the cash plus two players (if it's Henderson then he's highly rated by Celtic fans) will do just that?

Ive never heard of him slagging off Hibs or our supporters either so I honestly can't get all the abuse?
He joins too long a list of talent Hibs have nurtured that's gone along the M8.

GreenArmyyy!
13-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Whilst I would agree that getting rid of Scott Allan is the right thing to do I don't think getting Dylan is brilliant. He was part of a team who didn't get promotion and spent a fair portion on the injury list.
We need width very badly.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

So were the rest of the squad including Allan.....