PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan's Replacement

DJ HIBBY
13-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Who would you like to see us sign as SA's replacement?

we are hibs
13-08-2015, 03:03 PM
John McGinn could easily replace him.

Green Cabbage 7
13-08-2015, 03:05 PM
What about wee Danny Swanson, he's a hibby!

DJ HIBBY
13-08-2015, 03:06 PM
John McGinn could easily replace him.

Surely they are different types of players?

McGinn looked more like a player in the mould of Scott Brown from what I saw on Saturday.

SA is more of a playmaker similar in style to Latapy

matty_f
13-08-2015, 03:15 PM
I'll offer my services for free right now, will have to take a few weeks (months) to get fitness and that up, though. Can promise I won't shaft the club to try and go to the The Rangers though.

easty
13-08-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm not convinced we'd need to replace him with a like for like player.

Bring in an out and out winger, then adapt the way we play to get the ball up the park quicker, use wingers (new one, Carmichael, Boyle) who can go to the by-line and put balls into the box for the strikers.

A flat midfield 4, with 2 wingers, and 2 centre mids, rather than what we've been playing with, might be a worth a go. It'd still mean we only had 2 places in the centre of midfield for McGinn, Fyvvie and Bartley to play for though.

DJ HIBBY
13-08-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm not convinced we'd need to replace him with a like for like player.

Bring in an out and out winger, then adapt the way we play to get the ball up the park quicker, use wingers (new one, Carmichael, Boyle) who can go to the by-line and put balls into the box for the strikers.

A flat midfield 4, with 2 wingers, and 2 centre mids, rather than what we've been playing with, might be a worth a go. It'd still mean we only had 2 places in the centre of midfield for McGinn, Fyvvie and Bartley to play for though.

Yeah if only 2 centre midfielders, we would need one of these to be a box to box player capable of getting on the end of crosses from Carmichael and Boyle. Also need the movement and sharpness to improve from Cummings and Malonga as they are so static and don't look to attack the ball. Last Saturday our wing backs got to the byline several times and although their crossing was weak, the movement from the strikers was poor

Del Boy
13-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Could we get the boy Spittal from Dundee Utd? Looked very good in the Dundee derby.

Attacking midfielder who can score goals. If we got 600k plus for Allan then we could try and reinvest half that for Spittal. Not sure how much Utd would want for him but be worth a go, think he'd be excellent in the championship.

Michael
13-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Could we get the boy Spittal from Dundee Utd? Looked very good in the Dundee derby.

Attacking midfielder who can score goals. If we got 600k plus for Allan then we could try and reinvest half that for Spittal. Not sure how much Utd would want for him but be worth a go, think he'd be excellent in the championship.

No chance of that happening.

Utd would only sell him to us if they were on the brink of bankruptcy. Spittal probably also wouldn't be interested for playing at a lower level for similar wages.

Platinum Scotty
13-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Replacement? Has he gone? At work so not seen anything

Keith_M
13-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Has he gone and nobody told us?

:greengrin

stevie-bee
13-08-2015, 03:59 PM
I don't think he will go ,

bill the hibby
13-08-2015, 04:07 PM
He's not away yet anyway BUT like one poster says I don't think we'd have to directly replace allan...it's clear that the playing through middle (through allan) when it doesn't work is one of our downfalls, perhaps it would allow us to set up differently and change our attacking approach.

Mind you, I might just be talking ***** :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
13-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Rumoured to be at park head

Smartie
13-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Yeah if only 2 centre midfielders, we would need one of these to be a box to box player capable of getting on the end of crosses from Carmichael and Boyle. Also need the movement and sharpness to improve from Cummings and Malonga as they are so static and don't look to attack the ball. Last Saturday our wing backs got to the byline several times and although their crossing was weak, the movement from the strikers was poor

Cummings and Malonga won't score many from crosses coming in from wide.

Farid would get a shedload from headers and I'd imagine Keatings would be the type to get across his man and hit the front post - he'd get a few that way too.

Del Boy
13-08-2015, 04:19 PM
£400k + McGeough+ 1 other player is what Celtic fan text me

carnoustiehibee
13-08-2015, 04:21 PM
@bbckennymac: .@celticfc have made an offer of cash plus players to @HibsOfficial for Scott Allan. #Celtic #Hibs Comments to #BBCSportsound

SaulGoodman
13-08-2015, 04:24 PM
@bbckennymac: .@celticfc have made an offer of cash plus players to @HibsOfficial for Scott Allan. #Celtic #Hibs Comments to #BBCSportsound

I would take it.

I would verge on taking him to DarkHeid myself.

LaMotta
13-08-2015, 04:51 PM

I'd like someone who can score more than 2 goals in the Championship from midfield over the course of a season!

sixtwo
13-08-2015, 04:54 PM
getting ££ + players from Celtic and upsetting the sevconians is a perfect resolution

tamig
13-08-2015, 04:58 PM
I would take it.

I would verge on taking him to DarkHeid myself.

It's down to him though. I can't see him signing for them tbh. Sensible career move but can you imagine the hassle he could get from the hun?

bill the hibby
13-08-2015, 05:16 PM
It's down to him though. I can't see him signing for them tbh. Sensible career move but can you imagine the hassle he could get from the hun?

BBC reporter has said the player is interested, says it's all coming from an excellent source

magnificent_seven
13-08-2015, 05:19 PM
I'd like someone who can score more than 2 goals in the Championship from midfield over the course of a season!

19 assists isn't too bad though?

CRAZYHIBBY
13-08-2015, 05:28 PM
I reckon i could still do a job...i played football at school and would operate in the hole behind the 12 strikers

Diclonius
13-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Scott Allan's replacement is Dylan McGeouch.

Sorted, let's get on with the season.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Scott Allan's replacement is Dylan McGeouch.

Sorted, let's get on with the season.

Source?

Unseen work
13-08-2015, 07:48 PM
We might already have his replacement in carmichael. Can set up chances and beat guys

thinking of it, it would be very hard to choose the midfield if we were to get mcgeouch plus henderson and/or mcgregor

............bartley.........
fvyie..................mcginn
............carmichael/mcgregor..........

.........................................fyvie.... .......
...........mcgeouch/henderson.................mcginn....
Mcgregor.....................carmichael........... ............boyle

.................................Cummings......... ........

Hopefully with whatever money we get, we can sign a versatile defender

edit: just noticed i never even included mcgeouch in any of them, proves the selevtion headache he will have

Aldo
13-08-2015, 07:54 PM
We might already have his replacement in carmichael. Can set up chances and beat guys thinking of it, it would be very hard to choose the midfield if we were to get mcgeouch plus henderson and/or mcgregor ............bartley......... fvyie..................mcginn ............carmichael/mcgregor.......... .........................................fyvie.... ....... ...........mcgeouch/henderson.................mcginn.... Mcgregor.....................carmichael........... ............boyle .................................Cummings......... ........ Hopefully with whatever money we get, we can sign a versatile defender edit: just noticed i never even included mcgeouch in any of them, proves the selevtion headache he will have

Not a bad thing to have when it comes to injuries and suspensions. Would also mean that players would have to be on top of their game for fear of being dropped.

Would defo work in our favour.

PISTOL1875
13-08-2015, 09:20 PM

We are fine in midfield with the arrival of Bartley and McGinn.. It is at the back we are short of bodies.. Surely Celtic have a CB we can get in as part of the deal ??