PDA

View Full Version : First 3 games and 3 penalties already for the jambos

doddsy
13-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Just saying. whether justified or not. Could be a record possibly. 3 games played of the new season and 3 penalties for the so called Establishment team. I'm going to keep a

count. The Hibees are lucky to get one or two penalties in 20 games. Just saying.................... Crazy Maybe?

Doddsy

SlickShoes
13-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Even if we got them we would probably miss them, then we could find something else to blame our failings on

Brooster
13-08-2015, 08:36 AM
We would need to get into the box first.

doddsy
13-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Even if we got them we would probably miss them, then we could find something else to blame our failings on

Would you iike the number for the Good Samaritans Slickshoes. Sound very depressed.

Brightside
13-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Just saying. whether justified or not. Could be a record possibly. 3 games played of the new season and 3 penalties for the so called Establishment team. I'm going to keep a

count. The Hibees are lucky to get one or two penalties in 20 games. Just saying.................... Crazy Maybe?

Doddsy

Who cares.

Keith_M
13-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Their strikers are very skilled at throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest touch. My suspicion is that they practice this in training.

It's not a conspiracy, just plain and simple cheating.

doddsy
13-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Who cares.

I care. I like a level playing field.

CropleyWasGod
13-08-2015, 08:42 AM

I prefer the slope. :wink:

Brightside
13-08-2015, 08:43 AM

"I'm going to keep a count" Cmon fella. I can only assume you are a young lad. Get yourself outside enjoy the sunshine. The town is full of good looking tourists. Go have fun.

If not - can you also keep a count on how many Pens Edin City get this year. Maybe the whole world has it down on Hibs!

13-08-2015, 08:45 AM
We had a pen against the Huns did we not?

Pretty Boy
13-08-2015, 08:45 AM
If you get into the box at pace you are always likely to draw a foul or at least the opportunity to go down in a manner that suggests a foul.

doddsy
13-08-2015, 08:46 AM
"I'm going to keep a count" Cmon fella. I can only assume you are a young lad. Get yourself outside enjoy the sunshine. The town is full of good looking tourists. Go have fun.

If not - can you also keep a count on how many Pens Edin City get this year. Maybe the whole world has it down on Hibs!

If you want to walk around with your eye's closed Underscore that is up to you Sir. There are some like me who have theirs open.

Brightside
13-08-2015, 08:51 AM
If you want to walk around with your eye's closed Underscore that is up to you Sir. There are some like me who have theirs open.

hahaha brilliant. Are you doing any shows at the Festival?

doddsy
13-08-2015, 08:53 AM
hahaha brilliant. Are you doing any shows at the Festival?

Now who sounds like the youngster Underscore. Why don't you let the Adults speak.

Thecat23
13-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Hearts have recruited well over the summer and it seems to be paying off. They are getting pens because they have guys like Walker, King, Nicholson who are all direct and take a man on.

Hibs could take a leaf of their book to be honest and see that playing with wide men does pay off!

Keith_M
13-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Hearts play in a style where they get into the box a lot, inviting challenges.

Their players are highly skilled at then falling over at the slightest touch.

Cheating? Yes. --- Conspiracy? No.

doddsy
13-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Hearts have recruited well over the summer and it seems to be paying off. They are getting pens because they have guys like Walker, King, Nicholson who are all direct and take a man on.

Hibs could take a leaf of their book to be honest and see that playing with wide men does pay off!

That was a good reply Cat, I am of the opinion the Refs are on the whole biased towards them but respect your reply Sir

Thecat23
13-08-2015, 08:59 AM
That was a good reply Cat, I am of the opinion the Refs are on the whole biased towards them but respect your reply Sir

I do feel they got an awful lot of decisions as well, so you could also be right!

easty
13-08-2015, 09:00 AM

Thats true. I work up in George Square, it's a good place to be just now. :greengrin

doddsy
13-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Thats true. I work up in George Square, it's a good place to be just now. :greengrin

Definitely Crazy Maybe

Deansy
13-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Their strikers are very skilled at throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest touch. My suspicion is that they practice this in training.

It's not a conspiracy, just plain and simple cheating.

It's a tradition at the PBS - Jambo-players go down more often than the world's busiest w*ore !!

doddsy
13-08-2015, 09:07 AM
It's a tradition at the PBS - Jambo-players go down more often than the world's busiest w*ore !!

Exellent Reply and they do it cause they know the Ref will give them it the majority of the time.

cabbageandribs1875
13-08-2015, 09:20 AM
now who sounds like the youngster underscore. why don't you let the adults speak.

:lol:

SlickShoes
13-08-2015, 09:36 AM
All 3 penalties have been reasonable decisions, I don't really see how anyone could have any complaint about it.

Brightside
13-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Now who sounds like the youngster Underscore. Why don't you let the Adults speak.

Adults?? You are spending time worrying about how many penalties a team gets that are not even in our division. A team will get its fair share of penalties if they make attacks into the opposition box. We have lost games because we haven't been good enough. Its got nothing to do with another team being "given" pens. They are not cheating - they are just playing well. Accept that and move on.

Brightside
13-08-2015, 09:37 AM
All 3 penalties have been reasonable decisions, I don't really see how anyone could have any complaint about it.

This could be a case for Mulder and Scully......

Islington Hibs
13-08-2015, 09:43 AM
To be honest it is time for us to stop look at conspiracies and blaming others for our own deficiencies. You make your own luck. We will only succeed when we have a bit of arrogance and self belief about us and a burning desire not to accept defeat.

HTD1875
13-08-2015, 09:49 AM
4 In 4 if you count the league cup.

My_Wife_Camille
13-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Hearts were getting penalties every week when they were playing hoofball under Steven Frail too. Maybe not a conspiracy but they do carry some luck

Ozyhibby
13-08-2015, 09:55 AM
To be honest it is time for us to stop look at conspiracies and blaming others for our own deficiencies. You make your own luck. We will only succeed when we have a bit of arrogance and self belief about us and a burning desire not to accept defeat.

100%
They get penalties because they attack at pace and make defenders panic.

Keith_M
13-08-2015, 10:06 AM
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully......

I suspect the sniper behind the grassy knoll.

Mcpakeisgod
13-08-2015, 10:11 AM
They were penalties in the modern game, what's the issue

Steve-O
13-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Been going on for years. I can recall barely a game going by at Tynecastle without Colin Cameron scoring a pen. Even their centre halves dive in the box!

Betty Boop
13-08-2015, 10:37 AM

Yes the truth at last !:agree:

TAHibby
13-08-2015, 11:01 AM
The one last night looked a definite pen to me, dragged down in the box.

lyonhibs
13-08-2015, 11:21 AM

This man gets it.

Billy
13-08-2015, 01:33 PM

:agree: everyone a penalty imho. They are getting into the box at pace and through this they are winning the pens. To also be fair...:jamboak: they could actually have had a couple more.

Smartie
13-08-2015, 02:19 PM
There's no conspiracy.

I do think it is a cynical ploy with Levein written all over it however. I remember when he was there before their style of football (when not lumping it up to De Vries) seemed to be to get the ball to Joe Hamill and get him to run at players and fall over. Our players didn't buy it once so he looked like a twat. Dundee United did it when he was there, now Hearts are doing it again.

I'm sure Scotland would also have done it is he'd let them cross the halfway line.

It is something that they are perfectly entitled to do. I'm getting a lot less fussy about how we go about being successful. We need to be way more streetwise ourselves and those penalties have won them a lot of points (as pointed out elsewhere, all of them nailed-on penalties.)

Gary Player got more lucky the more he practiced. We'd get a lot more penalties if we had good, fast dribblers running at people in the box than if we sprayed passes from side to side all day long 40 yards out.

doddsy
13-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Adults?? You are spending time worrying about how many penalties a team gets that are not even in our division. A team will get its fair share of penalties if they make attacks into the opposition box. We have lost games because we haven't been good enough. Its got nothing to do with another team being "given" pens. They are not cheating - they are just playing well. Accept that and move on.S

I have been watching the Hibees for over 40 years Underscore and have watched many bent Refs in that time. Remember Craig Thompson I certainly do. Do you attend matches?

Brightside
13-08-2015, 03:00 PM
S

I have been watching the Hibees for over 40 years Underscore and have watched many bent Refs in that time. Remember Craig Thompson I certainly do. Do you attend matches?

Every single home, many Dev and youth games, Ladies games, girls games. The best teams win games..

Canon Hannan
13-08-2015, 04:58 PM

The first one was a perfect dive. He was actually diving before the challenge came in. Not seen the rest.

Speedy
13-08-2015, 05:30 PM
We would need to get into the box first.

Not always a requirement :greengrin

AlbertK86
13-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Has that w******* Craig Thomson been reffing for THEM

ancient hibee
13-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Hearts play in a style where they get into the box a lot, inviting challenges.

absolute rubbish.

doddsy
13-08-2015, 06:27 PM
absolute rubbish.

What do you mean by 'absolute rubbish'............................Crazy Maybe

TheHarpy76
14-08-2015, 04:42 AM
Would this thread exist if it was St Johnstone or Hamilton that had got 3 penalties in 3 games? I think not.

As others have pointed out, they have players who attack defenders at pace and draw challenges from them and this can often result in a foul being committed. I just wish our players would do the same.

FWIW all 3 penalties looked justified to me.

Bristolhibby
14-08-2015, 05:35 AM
This is because of the attacking style of play that the war winning media darlings employ.

J

emerald green
14-08-2015, 11:09 AM

Step forward our old pal Saulius Mikoliunas. I challenge anyone to say he was not a cheat, and regularly "went down easily" anywhere near the penalty box.

His dive for the penalty he conned the referee into giving when playing against Scotland at Hampden was a disgrace. He cheated (not for the first time by a long chalk). He knew it, and every player and spectator in the ground knew it.

rcarter1
14-08-2015, 05:36 PM
:agree: everyone a penalty imho. They are getting into the box at pace and through this they are winning the pens. To also be fair...:jamboak: they could actually have had a couple more.

Exactly, we will start getting penalties as well if we get into the opposition box at pace. Its a basic tactic really.

Risboro Hibby
14-08-2015, 05:59 PM
I have a Jambo mate who made a fair bit of dosh out of the bookies as he always went for Cameron last player to score knowing that a penalty was likely

Keith_M
26-08-2015, 01:10 PM
As they got yet another penalty last night (which they missed), how many is that now for this season?

GreenArmyyy!
26-08-2015, 01:20 PM
As they got yet another penalty last night (which they missed), how many is that now for this season?

Off the top of my head 4 in 5 competitive games?

Keith_M
26-08-2015, 01:25 PM

I thought they were maybe on five by now.

Deansy
26-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Taking into account the 'Sporting nature' that's long-been rife at the PBS and adding-in the 'character/nature' of the sort of players they go for, they should be looking at a penalty per game. Now that their 'Finance Football' business-plan is no more, I'd imagine that target has been increased

Brightside
26-08-2015, 01:46 PM
I thought they were maybe on five by now.

How many are Edin City on?

Hamish
26-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Exactly, we will start getting penalties as well if we get into the opposition box at pace. Its a basic tactic really.

This.

Keith_M
26-08-2015, 03:46 PM
How many are Edin City on?

As you are the one that raised the subject, you tell me.

If you're actually just trying to tell me that you aren't interested, then why bother reading the thread or posting on it?

Penicuik Hibee
26-08-2015, 03:53 PM
I make it 5 in 6 matches with one against

Only seen the first one which surprise surprise, Craig Thomson awarded at Dundee - I thought it was "soft"

Steve20
26-08-2015, 03:56 PM

They've had 6 penalties in 7 games.

Keith_M
26-08-2015, 04:08 PM

Wow!

I'm sure they're going to set anew record for the season.

SunshineOnLeith
26-08-2015, 04:17 PM
It's a conspiracy.

Pete
26-08-2015, 04:30 PM
They were penalties in the modern game, what's the issue

:agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Must be a record soon.

In all fairness they actually run at defenders in the box so will by average get more penalty shouts.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

bigwheel
26-08-2015, 04:38 PM

Won't be a popular opinion but this is actually quite impressive - normally a sign of a team pushing forward a lot - we need more goal mouth action and perhaps we will start getting pens too

Keith_M
26-08-2015, 04:40 PM
It's a conspiracy.

I don't think it is, so it looks like you're in a minority there

:wink: