PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's games

Wheat Hound
12-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Griffiths puts Celtc 1-0 up v Killie aftee a few mins. Killie goin down under a golden shower....

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Griffiths puts Celtc 1-0 up v Killie aftee a few mins. Killie goin down under a golden shower....

Live on BT Sport

HH81
12-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Pompey v Derby on Sky sports 1.

Anyone seen the camera angle at pompey? Right low down.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 07:16 PM
No score at the Asbestos Arena, Gorgie, as yet.

CB_NO3
12-08-2015, 07:20 PM
1-0 Hertz

Spike Mandela
12-08-2015, 07:20 PM
You jinxed it!

B.H.F.C
12-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Wouldn't be like Hearts to get a penalty eh!

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 07:22 PM
You jinxed it!

Aye, penalty for the Gorgie gargoyles.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Aye, penalty for the Gorgie gargoyles.

That's 3 in 3 games, last week's was given by Craig Thomson

matty_f
12-08-2015, 07:24 PM
1-0 Hertz

Pains me to say it but they've done very well since relegation. Unless they're doing a Hamilton and just getting off to a flier before falling away, I can see them comfortably in the top 6 this season.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 07:27 PM
That's 3 in 3 games, last week's was given by Craig Thomson

The are fulfilling the Rangers' SPL penalty quota.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-08-2015, 07:27 PM
3 penalties in 3 games, a first half pumping from Dundee but somehow only being 1-0 down at HT. They are unbelievable![emoji35]

Sergey
12-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Pains me to say it but they've done very well since relegation. Unless they're doing a Hamilton and just getting off to a flier before falling away, I can see them comfortably in the top 6 this season.

Champions League :greengrin

Onion
12-08-2015, 07:29 PM
How did Hammill not get booked for Killie - blatant, cynical hack at the Celtic player ? No wonder guys like him strut around the pitch as if they own it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2015, 07:30 PM

I notice they have changed their shape tonight and seem to have good strength in depth and balance to their team.

Another season that they have prepared well for.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Onion
12-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Goal Killie, McGennis.1-1 Looks a very decent striker.

Elephant Stone
12-08-2015, 07:32 PM
How did Hammill not get booked for Killie - blatant, cynical hack at the Celtic player ? No wonder guys like him strut around the pitch as if they own it.

I've got a fair chunk on Killie getting the first card as well, TV was almost out the window. Can't imagine a more text book yellow card than that.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 07:34 PM
No matter what happens, they always seem to come up smelling of roses, whilst we seem to lurch from one problem to the next. It's infuriating.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2015, 07:41 PM
3 penalties in 3 games, a first half pumping from Dundee but somehow only being 1-0 down at HT. They are unbelievable![emoji35]

:agree: If they fell in to a barrel of *****, they would come out smelling of roses.

Scorrie
12-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Goal Killie, McGennis.1-1 Looks a very decent striker.

Obviously there is at least one SPL player who is quick and intelligent enough to play against Celtic (according to Collins!)

truehibernian
12-08-2015, 07:49 PM
No matter what happens, they always seem to come up smelling of roses, whilst we seem to lurch from one problem to the next. It's infuriating.

Might be infuriating but their style of play means lots of goals. And for those who question the penalty ratio, take a look at the way Walker, Nicolson, King, etc are encouraged to drive into the area - thus forcing errors, tackles, defenders backing off. Soem you get some you don't but they make ref's think and they force a decision to be made.

Hibs on the other hand are dithery and square in the final third, often relying on the wingbacks (or crosses) who often fail on the delivery of the final ball.

Maybe if we had players who had the belief, drive and confidence to take the early part of games by the scruff, drive into the box, we would get the 'luck' that in my opinion Hearts earn - they deserve to be where they are. Their style of play, over a season, wins more games than they will ever lose and they can mix things up far better than Hibs. On a one off game we are more than a match - over a season we wouldn't come close.

One key thing they have - their young players know their jobs well and stick to their task. Ours quite often don't (in my view) - you see progress with them, with Alex, Sam and to an extent Danny, you see stagnating youth.........very sad and that for me is due to the mindset of the player, not Hibs. Our lads need to quickly develop swagger and arrogance. They look like they would physically and mentally collapse when the pressure is on - football is unforgiving and if the penny doesn't drop soon with them they will be journeymen before they have even hit 25.

CB_NO3
12-08-2015, 08:00 PM
2-1 to the Jungle Jims. Good finish.

Newhaven
12-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Might be infuriating but their style of play means lots of goals. And for those who question the penalty ratio, take a look at the way Walker, Nicolson, King, etc are encouraged to drive into the area - thus forcing errors, tackles, defenders backing off. Soem you get some you don't but they make ref's think and they force a decision to be made.

Hibs on the other hand are dithery and square in the final third, often relying on the wingbacks (or crosses) who often fail on the delivery of the final ball.

Maybe if we had players who had the belief, drive and confidence to take the early part of games by the scruff, drive into the box, we would get the 'luck' that in my opinion Hearts earn - they deserve to be where they are. Their style of play, over a season, wins more games than they will ever lose and they can mix things up far better than Hibs. On a one off game we are more than a match - over a season we wouldn't come close.

One key thing they have - their young players know their jobs well and stick to their task. Ours quite often don't (in my view) - you see progress with them, with Alex, Sam and to an extent Danny, you see stagnating youth.........very sad and that for me is due to the mindset of the player, not Hibs. Our lads need to quickly develop swagger and arrogance. They look like they would physically and mentally collapse when the pressure is on - football is unforgiving and if the penny doesn't drop soon with them they will be journeymen before they have even hit 25.

Fantastic post and so true.

ronaldo7
12-08-2015, 08:08 PM

:kdarts::top marks

emerald green
12-08-2015, 08:09 PM

I agree with some of your points, especially those about wing backs poor delivery of crosses into the box, often failing to beat the first defender, and a failure / reluctance of players to drive into the box whilst in possession of the ball and forcing defenders to make a challenge.

The other observation I would make is that Craig Thomson doesn't seem to have to think for very long before awarding his favourites a penalty.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 08:10 PM
2-0 Hearts

Gatecrasher
12-08-2015, 08:11 PM
http://youtu.be/vsRnDODAVyg

Celtic fans have this tune in my head now.

Islington Hibs
12-08-2015, 08:12 PM

Spot on. While it pains me to say it we need to get real. You earn your luck. We lack confidence and self belief- they have it in abundance. It was not always thus up to around 1978 it was us that had the swagger. But True hibernian you are right- we play nice stuff but lack pace and drive, they are no better but more direct and confident.

Alfred E Newman
12-08-2015, 08:14 PM
2-0 Hearts

Deflection?

Lago
12-08-2015, 08:18 PM

Spot on assessment, I feel their laddies are men our laddies are still laddies.

Ozyhibby
12-08-2015, 08:22 PM

I think their board focus on the football team first and foremost. Not something that can be said about ours.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 08:27 PM
I think their board focus on the football team first and foremost. Not something that can be said about ours.

Whatever the reason, they've been outperforming us for years. On the brink of going out of existence just over a year ago, they're about to win their third game back in the SPL; this after running away with the league last season. We simply have to get our act together.

Ozyhibby
12-08-2015, 08:30 PM

Spot on post although you are too charitable on your last point. If they don't improve rapidly they will be playing part time football.
David Wotherspoon could be classed as a journeyman player and Harris, Handling and Stanton are nowhere near his level.

ehf
12-08-2015, 08:31 PM

All so depressingly true...

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2015, 08:31 PM
i can't believe that idiotic challenge by izzywhat'shisname, what a doughnut

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Amusing look on JC's face there! :-)

2-2

Scorrie
12-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Killie 2 all. Leaves Yams at the top of the league....

Scottie
12-08-2015, 08:34 PM
I hate Sellick with a passion.

Even with so many ex Huns and Jambo in their team I want to see Killie beat Sellick. Their fans are nauseating. :agree:

Tinribs
12-08-2015, 08:34 PM
http://youtu.be/vsRnDODAVyg

Celtic fans have this tune in my head now.

Pretty bad stuff that, if you really need to listen to euro techno i recommend some old school Scooter maybe. Better than that DJ

anyway.:agree:

Edit: Damnit, i have now made myself go watch Scooter in Manchester on YouTube....

dp00
12-08-2015, 08:37 PM
John Collins might feel a tad stupid if it stays 2-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2015, 08:37 PM
how much did it cost to put that sellick team together lol

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Excellent point for Killie. I thought they'd get hammered.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Alloa v bigots live on sun on channel BT rangers

vanNISHtelroy
12-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Looks like I chose a great game not to go to!

Was meant to be missing it because of my shift at work getting changed, then it got changed back and I decided seeing as I'd already told them I couldn't work at the turnstiles I wouldn't go tonight. First time I've chose not to go to a game, missed some because of work, illness etc. but not through choice!

Ah well, first point on the board, Gary Locke's Blue and White Army etc. :aok:

Steve20
12-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Normally I'd be happy Celtic didn't win, but any outcome that's left Hearts top of the league isn't good.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2015, 08:43 PM

well they certainly don't focus on that utter disgrace of a football stadium that's for sure, mind you though they are no doubt waiting on the the council to build them a nice new one...with hertz agreeing to toss in a couple of grand..maybe

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Was meant to be missing it because of my shift at work getting changed, then it got changed back and I decided seeing as I'd already told them I couldn't work at the turnstiles I wouldn't go tonight. First time I've chose not to go to a game, missed some because of work, illness etc. but not through choice!

Long season ahead for you, I fear; but a point well earned tonight.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Nir bitton is either 7ft 6" or sparky is 4ft 8"

CB_NO3
12-08-2015, 08:48 PM

Spot on. They also have the belief and mentality that we seem to lack as a club as a whole.

DH1875
12-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Remember when celtic would sell out both stands at killie. Couldn't even sell the one stand tonight.

vanNISHtelroy
12-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Long season ahead for you, I fear; but a point well earned tonight.

Yeah, going to be a loooooooooong season by the look of things, but maybe tonight will inspire them to kick on a bit.

One point from the nine seems better now, would taken draw off Dundee and expected to lose away to Aberdeen and tonight

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2015, 08:52 PM
sellick had 40 shots with 12 on target

engerlish league cup FT's

Crewe 1 Preston 3

Oldham 1 B'oro 3

Pompey 2 Derby co 1

Ozyhibby
12-08-2015, 08:56 PM
sellick had 40 shots with 12 on target

Delia focused more on that than their defensive lapses. Made the point that football is about scoring goals first and foremost.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Delia focused more on that than their defensive lapses. Made the point that football is about scoring goals first and foremost.

but keeping clean sheets is half the battle :agree:

Islington Hibs
12-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Hearts next games are against Ross (A), Partick (H) and Hamilton (A)- it might get even more nauseating......

but to be honest I only care about us. Time for us to be direct and stop pussy footing around. You make your own luck.

JimBHibees
12-08-2015, 09:00 PM

Great point showed them no respect wish more teams would do the same.

Lucius Apuleius
12-08-2015, 09:01 PM

What do you think our board focus on?

Alfred E Newman
12-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Hearts next games are against Ross (A), Partick (H) and Hamilton (A)- it might get even more nauseating......

but to be honest I only care about us. Time for us to be direct and stop pussy footing around. You make your own luck.

Aye, they'll be wanting to join the English League next because it's too easy up here.

Hibby Bairn
12-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Spot on post although you are too charitable on your last point. If they don't improve rapidly they will be playing part time football.
David Wotherspoon could be classed as a journeyman player and Harris, Handling and Stanton are nowhere near his level.

Just like Rankin, McPake, Craig. All playing at a higher level of course.

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Remember when celtic would sell out both stands at killie. Couldn't even sell the one stand tonight.

That's because one stand is shut..

vanNISHtelroy
12-08-2015, 09:16 PM
That's because one stand is shut..

Celtic hadn't sold out the Chadwick in ages (except League clincher etc) and yet we kept giving them the Moffat as well. Then we decided just to give them one stand rather than them attacking their own fans both halves of the match.

This season the Moffat Stand is closed for various reasons.

Ozyhibby
12-08-2015, 09:17 PM
What do you think our board focus on?

Difficult to say, our chairman likes to talk about infrastructure a lot and certainly seems to enjoy his SFA blazer. Not to hot on ensuring we have a team on the pitch we can be proud of.

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Just like Rankin, McPake, Craig. All playing at a higher level of course.

Callum Booth as well......

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Celtic hadn't sold out the Chadwick in ages (except League clincher etc) and yet we kept giving them the Moffat as well. Then we decided just to give them one stand rather than them attacking their own fans both halves of the match.

This season the Moffat Stand is closed for various reasons.

what are the reasons ?? Health + safety ??

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 09:22 PM
**** The Hearts anyway. Let them celebrate being top after THREE games. We just need to get our season started against Morton then find some consistency, in order to push the Huns all the way.

donno
12-08-2015, 09:23 PM

Ignore that hearts may have Max points after 6 games. We need to send a spy to Riccarton to see what they are doing right, or interrogate Keatings for clues. On a more extreme level. Punt Stubbys and get an ex jambo player as manager as they seem to be capable of managing at a higher level than Stubbys can achieve.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Pete
12-08-2015, 09:26 PM
This hearts love in is giving me the dry boak.

vanNISHtelroy
12-08-2015, 09:28 PM
what are the reasons ?? Health + safety ??

Lack of use means it isn't really cost effective, so have moved the family section in to the East stand

Apparently there is building work going to be done over the course of the season, with office buildings etc being put in there somewhere (no idea I didn't pay attention when people were talking about it)

The section of seats that has been removed to fill in the seats that were damaged a few years ago by the Celtic fans, and since been used to replace seats damaged by the ball still needs replaced as well

bill the hibby
12-08-2015, 09:36 PM

Wouldn't call it a love in to be honest...I would much rather be in their position right now than ours, unfortunately

Bostonhibby
12-08-2015, 09:39 PM

:agree: They'll be releasing a team that wouldn't die video soon. :offski:

Whilst I am reluctant to say it, the position might be the same if it was ICT who were top after three such is the meeja's shock that its not celtc, especially in the week when the all seeing football guru john "look at me" Collins has been pronouncing on Scottish football.

PS thanks for allowing me a wee wry dig Killie :aok:

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Lack of use means it isn't really cost effective, so have moved the family section in to the East stand

Apparently there is building work going to be done over the course of the season, with office buildings etc being put in there somewhere (no idea I didn't pay attention when people were talking about it)

The section of seats that has been removed to fill in the seats that were damaged a few years ago by the Celtic fans, and since been used to replace seats damaged by the ball still needs replaced as well

yeh i thought it was closed due to the seats being covered with the advertising sheets.. Will it be open again in the future for a domestic match ??

vanNISHtelroy
12-08-2015, 09:45 PM
yeh i thought it was closed due to the seats being covered with the advertising sheets.. Will it be open again in the future for a domestic match ??

I think it will be opened again at some stage but probably not this season.

But then again Rugby Park holds 18,128 when full, average attendance will be well below 5k so no need to other than it look a bit rubbish with the stand closed

green day
12-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Ignore that hearts may have Max points after 6 games. We need to send a spy to Riccarton to see what they are doing right, or interrogate Keatings for clues. On a more extreme level. Punt Stubbys and get an ex jambo player as manager as they seem to be capable of managing at a higher level than Stubbys can achieve.

Aye OK then

Lucius Apuleius
12-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Difficult to say, our chairman likes to talk about infrastructure a lot and certainly seems to enjoy his SFA blazer. Not to hot on ensuring we have a team on the pitch we can be proud of.

Really? Not heard our chairman talking about infrastructure for many moons. I believe the club is actually being run by a non chairman type woman now and I can't recall her ever talking about infrastructure. Maybe we are living a wee bit in the past, need to draw a line and move forward. This is what I think our board is trying to do. That also includes putting a decent team on the park.

green day
12-08-2015, 09:57 PM

I hope they take it to the last day and do a "1986" again 😁😁

weecounty hibby
12-08-2015, 10:07 PM
I hope they take it to the last day and do a "1986" again 😁😁

I would rather they sent into freefall and didn't win another game all season. **** them

Brightside
12-08-2015, 10:10 PM

Course we do... :roll eyes:

I didn't even know Hearts were playing tonight till i heard the result on the radio. I've no idea why anyone here cares two *****s about anything over there.

GreenCastle
12-08-2015, 10:13 PM

Spot on.

Ain't no yams love in - basically it's showing us what can be done with limited resources.

We have no excuses - as a club those running it at board level and management level need to deliver - if they don't then they should face the consequences.

This club is massively under performing and achieving and needs to stand up and do their talking on the pitch.

RoYO!
12-08-2015, 10:16 PM

I defy anyone to argue against any point you've raised. Possibly the most on the money post ive read on here!

GreenCastle
12-08-2015, 10:21 PM

I didn't even know Hearts were playing tonight till i heard the result on the radio. I've no idea why anyone here cares two *****s about anything over there.

Well they are our city rivals -a club smilar in size and similar resources and a club we should be competing with for future fans, players and trophies.

Comparing and relating to what they do is allowed - while we need to concentrate on ourselves losing sight of what has happened with them can't be overlooked - our supports heads are stuck in the sand if they think otherwise.

trev the hat
12-08-2015, 10:23 PM

Agreed, was working in Wheatfield St today & had no idea there was even a game on tonight let alone how many & who they've played. Albeit I'm recently back from hols.
On a side note I had a call from LD at home this eve asking why I hadn't renewed yet. Financial reasons I replied to which she said she would contact zebra & get back to me tomorrow once I check if my seat still available & hinted payment plan could well still be sorted.
Truth be told I would have probably hand picked my games but her effort & personal intervention means I will now renew.
Hope there's a few more like me !!

The_Horde
12-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Agreed, was working in Wheatfield St today & had no idea there was even a game on tonight let alone how many & who they've played. Albeit I'm recently back from hols.
On a side note I had a call from LD at home this eve asking why I hadn't renewed yet. Financial reasons I replied to which she said she would contact zebra & get back to me tomorrow once I check if my seat still available & hinted payment plan could well still be sorted.
Truth be told I would have probably hand picked my games but her effort & personal intervention means I will now renew.

Really? I'm definitely going to look into this.

I was initially told I couldn't get the zebra finance then after a good few months I was told I could. But I didn't read the email until after the cut off time, so missed out.

trev the hat
12-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Really? I'm definitely going to look into this.

I was initially told I couldn't get the zebra finance then after a good few months I was told I could. But I didn't read the email until after the cut off time, so missed out.

Drop me a pm & I'll pass on your details to her tomorrow if you like.
Assuming she does call back tomorrow

GreenCastle
12-08-2015, 10:35 PM

Can you also ask her to sort the catering quality, service and prices at the stadium plus sort the crap sound system in the East Stand to improve the match day experience.

Good to see her taking the time to contact fans though.

Ozyhibby
12-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Really? Not heard our chairman talking about infrastructure for many moons. I believe the club is actually being run by a non chairman type woman now and I can't recall her ever talking about infrastructure. Maybe we are living a wee bit in the past, need to draw a line and move forward. This is what I think our board is trying to do. That also includes putting a decent team on the park.

I'm certain our board want us all to forget the past.

The_Horde
12-08-2015, 10:42 PM

You've got mail :greengrin

Seriously though, good to see someone who really cares in charge of our club. You wouldn't get a phonecall from RP.

trev the hat
12-08-2015, 10:50 PM
You've got mail :greengrin

Seriously though, good to see someone who really cares in charge of our club. You wouldn't get a phonecall from RP.

Received & replied 👍
Couldn't agree more

Sir David Gray
12-08-2015, 10:58 PM

This is really encouraging to hear things like this from our Chief Executive.

We're obviously still miles away from where we should be and want to be but with Leeann Dempster in charge of the football side of the club, I feel really confident that we'll have a club that people can identify with again and I believe we'll have a bright future.

It's excellent that she's doing things like this. :aok:

trev the hat
12-08-2015, 11:10 PM
This is really encouraging to hear things like this from our Chief Executive.

We're obviously still miles away from where we should be and want to be but with Leeann Dempster in charge of the football side of the club, I feel really confident that we'll have a club that people can identify with again and I believe we'll have a bright future.

It's excellent that she's doing things like this. :aok:

Definitely Trig, she knew I had previously been called as well.
It's refreshing & reminds me how Douglas Cromb was with fans.
If anyone else is in this position message me & I'll gladly pass on details.

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2015, 11:48 PM
Congratulations to Hertz for winning the league already ... or at least reading some of the stuff on here you would thing they had. Prompting a load of pish being posted about Hibs not prioritising the team, which is utter nonsense. All I need to know about the Yams is that they are a bunch of cheating bassas who have proved there is no such thing as justice in the universe ....... at least up till now.

Ozyhibby
13-08-2015, 12:27 AM
Congratulations to Hertz for winning the league already ... or at least reading some of the stuff on here you would thing they had. Prompting a load of pish being posted about Hibs not prioritising the team, which is utter nonsense. All I need to know about the Yams is that they are a bunch of cheating bassas who have proved there is no such thing as justice in the universe ....... at least up till now.

Fair enough, maybe they could prioritise it enough so that we could be as good as Ross County then? That would be nice.

Pete
13-08-2015, 03:23 AM
Fair enough, maybe they could prioritise it enough so that we could be as good as Ross County then? That would be nice.

I think they are now actually trying to do that AND focusing energy on improving the club as a whole.

You might see that if you take your blinkers off and forget about the fact that Petrie is still there in some respect.

You're going to have to accept that he isn't running the show any more. :aok:

Steve20
13-08-2015, 04:55 AM

I wish they'd hurry up and get that decent team on the park then. We're still long way off a team capable of winning the second tier and our rivals are sitting top of the Premier and not looking like going away from that spot for a while yet.

We just go from one mistake to another.

matty_f
13-08-2015, 06:54 AM
I wish they'd hurry up and get that decent team on the park then. We're still long way off a team capable of winning the second tier and our rivals are sitting top of the Premier and not looking like going away from that spot for a while yet.

Morning Steve, nice to see to you as chirpy as normal.

JimBHibees
13-08-2015, 07:00 AM

Indeed lets not forget they were hugely lucky to win their first two games.

Onion
13-08-2015, 07:21 AM

Forget league reconstruction, if LD is quick enough Plan C is a wee merger with the champions elect before the season's out to get us into the Prem and CL football in 16/17. We can offer them Easter Road, our East Mains player R&R facility, Rod Petrie and Scott Allan (the only Hibs player who would enhance their team).

Lucius Apuleius
13-08-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm certain our board want us all to forget the past.

Whilst not forgetting it, it is time to move on and let the new board be judged on their actions. Constant referral to the past and the old board and alluding that they are still the same is tautological nonsense.

Lucius Apuleius
13-08-2015, 07:39 AM

As above, plus we have played one league game. If after 10 we are way behind them, I'll start complaining.

Lago
13-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Indeed lets not forget they were hugely lucky to win their first two games.
But win them they did.

Michael
13-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Always believe in Rob Joooones!

He's playing on ss1 right now.

Stax
13-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Always believe in Rob Joooones!

He's playing on ss1 right now.
Not a bad game, Leeds down to 10 men. Always thought the big fella could have played at a higher level than Doncaster tbo.

Michael
13-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Not a bad game, Leeds down to 10 men. Always thought the big fella could have played at a higher level than Doncaster tbo.

Especially when you consider Gary Caldwell somehow made 100 premier league appearances.

MSK
13-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Not a bad game, Leeds down to 10 men. Always thought the big fella could have played at a higher level than Doncaster tbo.He did, he played for S****horpe 😬

Stax
13-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Especially when you consider Gary Caldwell somehow made 100 premier league appearances.
100? Fair play to Caldwell, that goal for Scotland against France and definately made the most of his talent but his celebration against us in front of the East for Celtic still sticks in my craw. Welt :greengrin.

Frazerbob
13-08-2015, 08:43 PM
100? Fair play to Caldwell, that goal for Scotland against France and definately made the most of his talent but his celebration against us in front of the East for Celtic still sticks in my craw. Welt :greengrin.

What do you expect a player who we roundly booed whilst playing for us then absolutely slaughtered when playing against us to do?

Caldwell was a great professional and played well for us and Scotland IMO. Wasn't one of the George St crew and gave his all. Yes he was prone to the occasional blunder, which Hibs player isn't? Like many before and many after, he moved west. He was up front about signing for them, unlike the likes of Riordan and Murray who are both still heroes. Very odd!

Stax
13-08-2015, 08:53 PM
What do you expect a player who we roundly booed whilst playing for us then absolutely slaughtered when playing against us to do?

Caldwell was a great professional and played well for us and Scotland IMO. Wasn't one of the George St crew and gave his all. Yes he was prone to the occasional blunder, which Hibs player isn't? Like many before and many after, he moved west. He was up front about signing for them, unlike the likes of Riordan and Murray who are both still heroes. Very odd!
Did you read my post? Genuine question.

Frazerbob
13-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Did you read my post? Genuine question.

Yes I did. My first sentence was a reply to your comment where you called him a welt for celebrating in front of the East Stand. The second paragraph was my opinion of Caldwell as a player, which was roundly agreeing with yours I think. Then a general comment on how we tend to react to players who go West.

Stax
13-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Yes I did. My first sentence was a reply to your comment where you called him a welt for celebrating in front of the East Stand. The second paragraph was my opinion of Caldwell as a player, which was roundly agreeing with yours I think. Then a general comment on how we tend to react to players who go West.
When you said a player "we" roundly booed you weren't talking about me. I think we're both pretty much agreed on Gary's merits as I pointed out in my post. Players moving west didn't cross my mind. There was a smiley after my welt comment but tbo I don't care how frustrated he was with a section of our our support, he was over the score IMO.

Frazerbob
13-08-2015, 10:01 PM
When you said a player "we" roundly booed you weren't talking about me. I think we're both pretty much agreed on Gary's merits as I pointed out in my post. Players moving west didn't cross my mind. There was a smiley after my welt comment but tbo I don't care how frustrated he was with a section of our our support, he was over the score IMO.

"we" being the "Hibby We", as I'm pretty sure you knew. I'll ask again then, after being roundly booed whilst playing for us then absolutely slaughtered when playing against us, what reaction did you expect when he scored? Genuine question.

HappyAsHellas
13-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Forget league reconstruction, if LD is quick enough Plan C is a wee merger with the champions elect before the season's out to get us into the Prem and CL football in 16/17. We can offer them Easter Road, our East Mains player R&R facility, Rod Petrie and Scott Allan (the only Hibs player who would enhance their team).

I take it this was said in jest? You would seriously take Sow over Malonga, or Gomis instead of McGinn, Ozturd instead of Fontaine? Walker would probably get in our team right away but seriously who else? The keeper is a dodgy one as Alexander has been flapping a bit so far, and surely you don't think young Rolf is better than David Gray? As for the other untested six foot plus industrial cloggers that Levein loves, we'll have to wait to see if they sink or swim. We, on the other hand have genuine youthful players who are gelling into a good footballing side. Let's see how we're doing in a month or so before heaping anything that could be construed as praise on the puddledrinkers as I find it somewhat offensive to my natural Hibby sensibilities.

Stax
13-08-2015, 10:05 PM
"we" being the "Hibby We", as I'm pretty sure you knew. I'll ask again then, after being roundly booed whilst playing for us then absolutely slaughtered when playing against us, what reaction did you expect when he scored? Genuine question.
Be professional

superfurryhibby
13-08-2015, 10:07 PM

Regardless, do you not think football fans are awfy sensitive wee souls these days. Flash of the V's or a wee mouthed GTF, some folk are hysterical. Not meaning you or anything, but just saying.

Stax
13-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Regardless, do you not think football fans are awfy sensitive wee souls these days. Flash of the V's or a wee mouthed GTF, some folk are hysterical. Not meaning you or anything, but just saying.
Agree 100%

Frazerbob
13-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Be professional

Were you equally outraged at Riordan giving the Merricks the GIYFU or Benji running the length of the park to celebrate in front of the South? Seriously, he hardy killed anyone, just a wee "get it up ye" after getting far worse himself. Anyway, let's not fall out over something so insignificant.

Stax
13-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Were you equally outraged at Riordan giving the Merricks the GIYFU or Benji running the length of the park to celebrate in front of the South? Seriously, he hardy killed anyone, just a wee "get it up ye" after getting far worse himself. Anyway, let's not fall out over something so insignificant.
Nobody falling out mate, you've just gone on off on a wee tangent. Where did I say I was outraged about anything?

Frazerbob
13-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Nobody falling out mate, you've just gone on off on a wee tangent. Where did I say I was outraged about anything?

His celebration "still sticks in the craw" all these years later and calling him a welt.....kind of suggests you were quite upset.

Yes, this thread has gone off topic somewhat, apologies.

Stax
13-08-2015, 10:40 PM
His celebration "still sticks in the craw" all these years later and calling him a welt.....kind of suggests you were quite upset.

Yes, this thread has gone off topic somewhat, apologies.
Again, outrage?... Read my o.p.

Frazerbob
13-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Again, outrage?... Read my o.p.

OK, nae bother.