PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MORTON FANS: WELCOME TO EASTER ROAD

RSS Bot
12-08-2015, 10:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5630)

Keith_M
12-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't mind welcoming the fans but I'd be more happy if we made it a miserable day for their team.

We should do what St Mirren just did and paint the Away Dressing Room black, to make them depressed.

Or we could just put up photos of Terry Butcher's big ugly mug for a similar effect.

Diclonius
12-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Starting to get the feeling that this wee announcement will be made prior to every game except when we play a certain team from Glasgow.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Starting to get the feeling that this wee announcement will be made prior to every game except when we play a certain team from Glasgow.

Or any cup games played against another certain team from Glasgow or of course the orcs.

I can live with that, as long as the fans have a miserable trip home!

Largshibby
12-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Morton are bringing a decent support over (1000+) and they really fancy their chances after results on Saturday. This could be a tough one.

KdyHby
12-08-2015, 11:18 AM
I don't mind welcoming the fans but I'd be more happy if we made it a miserable day for their team.

We should do what St Mirren just did and paint the Away Dressing Room black, to make them depressed.

Or we could just put up photos of Terry Butcher's big ugly mug for a similar effect.

Hibs have painted the away dressing room dark dark dark. I couldn't wait to get out when doing a stadium tour.

Keith_M
12-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Hibs have painted the away dressing room dark dark dark. I couldn't wait to get out when doing a stadium tour.

Oh well, looks like that doesn't work.

We'll have to come up with some other strategy instead, like stopping giving away easy goals and scoring more.

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Morton are bringing a decent support over (1000+) and they really fancy their chances after results on Saturday. This could be a tough one. They brought about 1,500 the last time they visited and that was a Wednesday night league cup tie .... as folk will recall they won :confused: I've always thought Morton have the potential to be a decent Premiership side as far as support goes, certainly better than ICT or Hamilton for example, their away support can be impressive considering their home crowds, which suggests real potential for bigger home crowds if they were doing well.

silverhibee
12-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Glad it just says Morton fans, Jim Duffy is not welcome at ER.

Keith_M
12-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Glad it just says Morton fans, Jim Duffy is not welcome at ER.

:agree:

DH1875
12-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Morton are bringing a decent support over (1000+) and they really fancy their chances after results on Saturday. This could be a tough one.

I was talking to a morton fan last night. Don't know him but we were talking about tattoos and the subject of football and him being a morton fan came up. Said they are well up for it and that they fancy their chances.

heretoday
12-08-2015, 04:42 PM
For a brief moment, Morton were hot in the early 60s. They made the League Cup Final in 63/64, knocking us out in the semi. That was the occasion Hibs fans shamed themselves by wrecking the train back from the west.

Morton got humped by Rangers in the final and we acquired Alan McGraw from them ultimately.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Looking forward to the away game. Cappielow is an old school football ground that never changes.