PDA

View Full Version : Hibs players you've disliked

11-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Have you ever disliked a player while they were playing for hibs? I don't mean don't like them as a because they weren't any good, I mean dislike them as a person.

For me I never like Michael Stewart. Hearts ******* and i'll never forget seeing him on the open top bus after we won the cup in 07 and he was sat on the seats looking miserable as ****.

3pm
11-08-2015, 07:46 PM
You not think there are enough crappy threads? :greengrin

God Petrie
11-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Ray Wilkins

BarneyBreslin
11-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Another piss poor thread, yawn.

Franck Stanton
11-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Now I know we have had quite a few players who have played for them/supported them even, but Michael Stewart is the only one that really got under my skin. Having said that, since he retired and is a pundit on Sportscene find he talks quite a lot of sense. [Still dinnae like him though]

11-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Another piss poor thread, yawn.

Don't click on it then, ignore it. Simple.

bingo70
11-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I think I could get lynched for admitting this but I could never stand Leigh Griffiths.

Great player abd would obviously be delighted if he ever signs up again but I always thought he seemed like a total fud, all the badge kissing nonsense at Celtic has done nothing to change my mind either.

11-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Now I know we have had quite a few players who have played for them/supported them even, but Michael Stewart is the only one that really got under my skin. Having said that, since he retired and is a pundit on Sportscene find he talks quite a lot of sense. [Still dinnae like him though]

I just think that he thinks he's a much bigger deal than he is. From what i've heard (from reliable sources) he was a bit of a dick in the dressing room at hibs.

BarneyBreslin
11-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Don't click on it then, ignore it. Simple.

Lesson learnt, enjoy yer night reading this thread.

Bobo
Joe Harper!

Sergey
Ray Wilkins.

He should never have been anywhere near our club - and he's an utter tosser.

hibee_girl
11-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Garry O'Connor, I just didn't like him.

11-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Wasn't a player for us but i really hated Billy Brown when he was our assistant manager.

.Sean.
11-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Stokes

McD
11-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Ray wilkins
ryan mcgivern
Brian Welsh

overdrive
11-08-2015, 08:30 PM
McGivern. I quite liked Michael Stewart.

ManBearPig
11-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Paul Hartley

easty
11-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Wasn't a player for us but i really hated Billy Brown when he was our assistant manager.

he should never have been given a contract at Hibs :agree:

Andy74
11-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Ian Murray

SkintHibby
11-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Easy one.

Ray Wilkins.

11-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Matt Docherty and a few others from that team were arrogant *******s who thought they were far to big for hibs. His comments on twitter after the 2012 final about "not giving a ****" pretty much summed up his whole attitude. An alright player but a rank rotten attitude and far far too up his own arse.

mca
11-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Anyone Who Says They wid walk oer Brokin Glais to Get to Glasgow.. !!! :wink:

supersauzee
11-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Filipe morais. He was a wee fud!

supersauzee
11-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Derek riordan aswell, pure ned prick!

Dinkydoo
11-08-2015, 09:01 PM
*popcorn open*

marinello59
11-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Leith Lynx.
Ever see him make a tackle? Total pussy.

high bee
11-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Kenny Miller (since leaving)

Dinkydoo
11-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Kenny Miller (since leaving)
Come to think of it, me too. He was a personal favourite when he was at the club - I was quite young, I just remember him running around a lot and scoring goals, which i obviously found quite exciting!

mca
Once gave Vaz Te - The Fingers... Just so Happened he Looked in My Direction as I was Aiming them at RP..

Vaz - even pit his head down.. RP.. Never noticed !!!! :wink:

Forza Fred
Jimmy O'Rourke and Pat Stanton.

Never thought they were committed Hibs fans. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Allan Smart

My_Wife_Camille
11-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Liam Craig
Ryan McGivern
James Collins
Danny Haynes
Rowan Vine
Michael Nelson
Mark Brown
Pa Kujabi
Tom Soares
Isaiah Osbourne
Matt Doherty

Ricky Bobby
11-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Bjarnólfur Lárusson (http://www.worldfootball.net/player_summary/bjarnolfur-larusson/). Useless

lucky
11-08-2015, 09:34 PM
All of them on Saturday but forever the dicks from that cup final. Also Ray Wilkins, De Gaffe, Benny Brazil. But non players Calderwood & Butcher. Two cheeks of the one arse

silverhibee
11-08-2015, 09:42 PM
A lets put the boot in to Hibs players present and past on a Hibs forum.

FFS.

wakey wakey Admins, this thread is a joke.

Deansy
11-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Past times - Joe Harper/ Brian Hamilton / Paul Hartley

Recent - Ryan McGivern

Iceman1875
11-08-2015, 09:54 PM
While at the club I wouldn't say I've disliked any of them - they had my full support. Loads I could mention that should never have been given the privilege of playing for us mind you...

At Easter Road we play...

11-08-2015, 09:55 PM
A lets put the boot in to Hibs players present and past on a Hibs forum.

FFS.

wakey wakey Admins, this thread is a joke.

Jesus don't be so over sensitive. :rolleyes:

bill the hibby
11-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Scott allan :devil:

FranckSuzy
11-08-2015, 10:02 PM
I'd rather we had a thread about the posters we dislike including those who are obviously Yams.... 10 pager, defo :agree:

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 10:57 AM
I'd rather we had a thread about the posters we dislike including those who are obviously Yams.... 10 pager, defo :agree:

Imagine the meltdown that would cause ?? :top marks:top marks:top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keith_M
12-08-2015, 11:00 AM
I was just thinking when I logged on this morning that what we really could do with is another negative thread on DotNet.

:rolleyes:

HappyHanlon
12-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Danny Haynes & Tom Soares - both arrogant, flash prats who added zero value to the team

silverhibee
12-08-2015, 11:39 AM
I was just thinking when I logged on this morning that what we really could do with is another negative thread on DotNet.

:rolleyes:

This tread was closed last night.

silverhibee
12-08-2015, 11:43 AM

:agree:

Get it rolling tonight at some point, who to name first though, such a variety to choose from. :cb :spammy: :wink: :agree: :thumbsup:

Thecat23
12-08-2015, 11:45 AM

Get it rolling tonight at some point, who to name first though, such a variety to choose from. :cb :spammy: :wink: :agree: :thumbsup:

You to start with :na na:

silverhibee
12-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Jesus don't be so over sensitive. :rolleyes:

For Gods sake.

Andy74
12-08-2015, 11:51 AM

Which was a bit daft. If folk want to talk about Hibs players they haven't liked so what? I'm all for positivity but don't see the harm. It's a fans forum.

silverhibee
12-08-2015, 11:54 AM
You to start with :na na:

You can pick me when the thread goes up tonight :giruy2:

scott7_0(Prague)
12-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Lee Power 15261
Paul Tosh15262

SteveHFC
12-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Matt Doherty
Tom Soares
Ryan McGivern
James Collins

Keith_M
12-08-2015, 12:11 PM

So somebody re-opened it?

Any idea why?

:dunno:

As an aside, more than one person has mentioned Michael Stewart as a Hibby that they didn't like but I met him at ER, as part of a promo in the Evening News, and he was well sound.

My elderly parents were with me and he was a real gentleman with them, organising autographs for my Dad and a cuppa for my Mum.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Lee Power 15261
Paul Tosh15262

The thread title specifically mentioned players.

Neither Power or Tosh fit that criteria.

Iain G
12-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Tam McManus

Craig_HFC
12-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Scott Smith was/is a cock.

southsider
12-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Graeme Fyffe & Aly Scott both ex-huns. We swapped in fine player in Iain Munro for those muppets. Oh and add Martin Henderson to the list.... slow as a week in jail.

WeeRussell
12-08-2015, 12:59 PM
This seems to have turned into naming players we thought were sh*te - I could name plenty of them.

As it is players you had a particular dislike for (not because of their ability, or lack of) then I can't think of many while they were wearing Hibs colours... although there are a few I would like to pretend I disliked at the time!!

Antoine-Curier was the only one that wasn't very receptive when I met a few players out in Edinburgh (Morais, O'Brien and Donaldson were others).. big Clayton was very sound! Wasn't as good as when I met Boozy and Shiels out - Boozy was just the character you would expect, what a guy!

Torto7062
12-08-2015, 01:00 PM
That useless twat Agent Jambo.......Zibbi Malkowski....sold they jerseys weekly..I would like to ground and pound his coupon daily..........

Rant over 😉

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 01:06 PM
This seems to have turned into naming players we thought were sh*te - I could name plenty of them.

As it is players you had a particular dislike for (not because of their ability, or lack of) then I can't think of many while they were wearing Hibs colours... although there are a few I would like to pretend I disliked at the time!!

Antoine-Curier was the only one that wasn't very receptive when I met a few players out in Edinburgh (Morais, O'Brien and Donaldson were others).. big Clayton was very sound! Wasn't as good as when I met Boozy and Shiels out - Boozy was just the character you would expect, what a guy!

I remember I met Rob Jones one night in Le Monde.. What a total bell-end.. Acted and spoke to people like the school teacher he was.. No wonder people didn't like him... Shelton Martis was in there that night as well.. They both blanked each other the whole night.. Seemed there was a bit of tension in that camp..

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 01:08 PM

My mate used to play with him at Dundee. They used to travel up the together with a few other guys.. MAC was the biggest arse you will ever have the mis-fortune of knowing were his words to me..

GreenOnions
12-08-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't think I've ever disliked any Hibs players. However, three players whose names always mad me mad when I saw them on the teamsheet were Brian Hamilton, Michael Nelson and Ryan McGivern. I just hated the fact that they'd been given a Hibernian jersey to wear when they were so, so awful. Not questioning effort here - just capability. I remember how incredulous I was to hear that we received a fee for Hamilton. I couldn't stop laughing though when I heard that it was Hearts who'd paid it. It was almost as ridiculous as us paying a fee for Nelson - criminal :bitchy:

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Cant say I've disliked a player for non footballing reasons ..... The only time I can remember an active player pissing me off was when Ally McLeod said in one of those likes / dislikes interviews that he couldn't be doing with "amateur critics" .... he was a fine player, but you don't have to be Alex Ferguson to know a lazy bassa when you see one. A few ex players have got on my Ertha Kitts ...... not least of all Lawrie Reilly when a few years back he slated the team at the time for being unable to put a consistent run together over a few seasons ... forgetting perhaps that in the 50s it was still possible to keep a team together for more than 6 months, unlike the modern Hibs. ... add on Calderclown and Soares and that's about it.

O'Rourke3
12-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Andy Watson.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

SteveHFC
12-08-2015, 02:32 PM
I remember I met Rob Jones one night in Le Monde.. What a total bell-end.. Acted and spoke to people like the school teacher he was.. No wonder people didn't like him... Shelton Martis was in there that night as well.. They both blanked each other the whole night.. Seemed there was a bit of tension in that camp..

I know people that have met Jones in the past and he's been sound with them. :aok:

blaikie
12-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Matt Thornhill

we are hibs
12-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Ryan McGivern. Having a laugh with hearts fans when we were getting beat at tynecastle. Utter arse.

Iain G
12-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Ryan McGivern. Having a laugh with hearts fans when we were getting beat at tynecastle. Utter arse.

He was good when he first arrived!!

jdships
12-08-2015, 03:39 PM
You not think there are enough crappy threads? :greengrin

The point of it is ? :confused:

Smartie
12-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Kevin Thomson.

The way he behaved when he left the first time around was disgraceful. Hibs fan, Hibs captain, came through the ranks. We deserved a bit more respect from him.The transfer request and the subsequent articles in the papers about his poor mum then after he got his move about how he's crawl over broken glass to play for Rangers (as they were known) were utterly nauseating.

Broony just about gets away with it because he knuckled down for a few months and wasn't so vocal. That and that I quite like him when he plays for Scotland.

I'm normally fairly balanced but I was almost urging Thomson to fail second time round. And as rumours emerged about fall-outs and trouble behind the scenes I was all to happy to point the finger of blame at him, thus deflecting from where it probably should have been pointed. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I think it is Thomson's fuddery that has almost made me immune to Scott Allan and his antics and quite pragmatic about it all. It seemed much sorer when Thomson was doing it.

SteveHFC
12-08-2015, 04:04 PM

Him and Doherty are my most hated. Really hope they both struggle for the rest of their careers.

GreenLake
12-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Andy Goram

Aldo
12-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Andy Goram

Couldn't agree more GL.

Pitiful excuse for a human being and having met him at a charity event for a friends dad who passed away he was a complete and total ******** the whole nite!

Was close to getting taken outside by a few of my friends family for being totally disrespectful!

lugz
12-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Not going to be popular here...

Ivan Sproule, had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing him at his drunkest in a city nightclub which led to wanting to fight me for simply stopping him from falling over and putting him back on his feet.

Seems to be a nice guy according to most on here maybe i was just unlucky, everyones aloud a blow out once in a while.

Bishop Hibee
12-08-2015, 04:24 PM
I've zero interest in meeting any Hibs player except perhaps Sauzee so no chance to have an opinion on any as people.

As players their have been plenty I've disliked. Osbourne, David Elliot and Zibi were utterly awful in a Hibs jersey. Mark Fulton, Neil Cooper, Simon Brown, Graeme Smith, Billy Findlay. The list is extensive.

Thankfully the list of players who graced the jersey is longer.

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Not going to be popular here...

Ivan Sproule, had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing him at his drunkest in a city nightclub which led to wanting to fight me for simply stopping him from falling over and putting him back on his feet.

Seems to be a nice guy according to most on here maybe i was just unlucky, everyones aloud a blow out once in a while.

Listen mate , you are not the only one.. I seen him in Bar 38 one night , when he was out with Boozy , Sam Morrow and Dean Shiels.. Boozy was dancing with his bird and Sproule went balistic. Acted totally OTT.. Started rolling about the floor with Boozy all because he was dancing with his bird.. An effing bellend..

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Kevin Thomson.

The way he behaved when he left the first time around was disgraceful. Hibs fan, Hibs captain, came through the ranks. We deserved a bit more respect from him.The transfer request and the subsequent articles in the papers about his poor mum then after he got his move about how he's crawl over broken glass to play for Rangers (as they were known) were utterly nauseating.

Broony just about gets away with it because he knuckled down for a few months and wasn't so vocal. That and that I quite like him when he plays for Scotland.

I'm normally fairly balanced but I was almost urging Thomson to fail second time round. And as rumours emerged about fall-outs and trouble behind the scenes I was all to happy to point the finger of blame at him, thus deflecting from where it probably should have been pointed. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I think it is Thomson's fuddery that has almost made me immune to Scott Allan and his antics and quite pragmatic about it all. It seemed much sorer when Thomson was doing it.

I was seeing a bird at the time that was all going on.. Her mate at work at the time was KT's best pal so I met him a few times.. I was at a night out and KT was there so I asked him about it.. He said it was a shame it ended the way it did but it was Keith Jackson who had blown it all out of proportion under the ' instruction ' of good old Uncle Walter.. Rangers wanted the sign him , Hibs wanted a price which they weren't willing to pay so the pot was stirred by Jackson and his ' paper '.. Therefore increasing the rift between KT and Hibs , turning the club against KT and then the deal was pushed through for a knockdown price.. FFS , Hibs were wanting double the amount they got for him.. KT maybe didn't come out smelling of roses but it wasn't all his fault. A large chunk of the blame has to lie at the door of Jackson and whose who instigated it... Also a certain Mr McKay kept putting his 10pence worth it which didn't help the situation....

Pete
12-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Savilesque

Alfred E Newman
12-08-2015, 05:41 PM
The ****** lot!!! :grr::grr::grr:

RoxburghHibs
12-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Worst thread in a long time on here....

portohibee
12-08-2015, 06:41 PM
I just think that he thinks he's a much bigger deal than he is. From what i've heard (from reliable sources) he was a bit of a dick in the dressing room at hibs.

From what I'm led to believe he was the one at the heart of the goings on behind Collin's back, rate him as a pundit though,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Andy Goram

Played golf with an ex sevco player who does the speaking thing to all the sevco clubs around the country a couple of weeks ago.

He tells me Goram is back on the drink, and borrowing money from anyone he can.

Maybe he should borrow it from the other Andy Goram?

3pm
12-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Played golf with an ex sevco player who does the speaking thing to all the sevco clubs around the country a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe he should borrow it from the other Andy Goram?

The Hertz dicks say it's OK to borrow it from yourself.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Kevin McAllister had some good games for Hibs but, he seemed to spend most of his time @ ER in the press telling everybody how good it was at Falkirk.

worcesterhibby
12-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Never disliked any Hibs players as much as I dislike this thread.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2015, 07:48 PM
I don't personally know any Hibs players past or present nor have I met them so I don't dislike any of them as a person. I do know and have met a current Hearts player and I don't dislike him either.

Holmesdale Hibs
12-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Colin Calderwood. Didn't give a **** about Hibs and that rubbed off on the players at the time. good riddens and should have left earlier than he did.

I have to defend KT - never met him but was in hospitality once and he spent a lot of time chatting to the kids and asking if they enjoyed the game when the others seemed happy to do the bare minimum and get back to their mates asap.

PISTOL1875
12-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Colin Calderwood. Didn't give a **** about Hibs and that rubbed off on the players at the time. good riddens and should have left earlier than he did.

I have to defend KT - never met him but was in hospitality once and he spent a lot of time chatting to the kids and asking if they enjoyed the game when the others seemed happy to do the bare minimum and get back to their mates asap.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

stoneyburn hibs
12-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Listen mate , you are not the only one.. I seen him in Bar 38 one night , when he was out with Boozy , Sam Morrow and Dean Shiels.. Boozy was dancing with his bird and Sproule went balistic. Acted totally OTT.. Started rolling about the floor with Boozy all because he was dancing with his bird.. An effing bellend..

Exact opposite for me......I met Ivan in the Voly a couple of hours after we had beaten Hearts 3-1 at ER, think he was staying at Springfield at the time. The place was bouncing, he had a couple of mates with him and couldn't have been nicer to anyone wanting a photo/autograph.

That was a great day, pumped that lot and I was dining out on my winnings. I had Deeks first goal- Hibs 3-1 Hearts @80/1 and only had one solitary pound on it.

SkintHibby
12-08-2015, 08:31 PM
I met Andy Goram one night in Rutland No.1. Drunken tosser.

Forza Fred
12-08-2015, 10:40 PM
I don't personally know any Hibs players past or present nor have I met them so I don't dislike any of them as a person. I do know and have met a current Hearts player and I don't dislike him either.

I met ex Hearts Walter Kidd in Mitchell's in Gilmerton a few years back and I didn't dislike him.

Thought he was a good guy.

But always booed him on the park.....

mikewynne
13-08-2015, 05:33 AM
Worst thread in a long time on here....

Yep.

HTD1875
13-08-2015, 09:30 AM

That's a bit of a weird one, he didn't exactly make much of an impact?

Hibernian Verse
13-08-2015, 09:38 AM

Must have stolen his bird :greengrin

Billychaotic182
13-08-2015, 09:41 AM
I hated Ross Chisholm. Boy was useless and all he ever did was point. Every time I seen his name on the line up I died a little inside.

Gary Caldwell when he signed for Celtic and we were stuck with him for the rest of the season. Never once booed him but didn't like him either.

Sam Morrow. He was useless too.

Billychaotic182
13-08-2015, 09:41 AM

Maybe he stole his mrs

Billychaotic182
13-08-2015, 09:42 AM

Oops should have read the comments after I posted mine lol

easty
13-08-2015, 09:56 AM
I don't really understand why some people are saying this is the worst thread on .net just now, or that's been on .net for a while.

What's so wrong, or what's going to negatively impact the club just now, that's on this thread? On match update threads we can slate our current squad, but it's in bad form, or something, to say that 10 years ago we thought Yannick Zambernardi was a tit (he wasn't a tit really. he was a crossfield diagonal ball genius).

PISTOL1875
13-08-2015, 10:02 AM

If you seen SS on the bevvy then you would understand what the poster is getting at...

JimBHibees
13-08-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't really understand why some people are saying this is the worst thread on .net just now, or that's been on .net for a while.

What's so wrong, or what's going to negatively impact the club just now, that's on this thread? On match update threads we can slate our current squad, but it's in bad form, or something, to say that 10 years ago we thought Yannick Zambernardi was a tit (he wasn't a tit really. he was a crossfield diagonal ball genius).

Who should have been shot after the 4 4 game. :greengrin

BSEJVT
13-08-2015, 10:54 AM
What a curious thread

I can see people having a dislike to a player on the basis that he did / said something that negatively impacted them / the club.

Where I struggle a bit is disliking someone because they were crap.

If there are / were crap players playing for Hibs, its not their fault but the manager who picked them

Smartie
13-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Brilliant thread imo.

Hibs fans discussing Hibs players. "Liking" players is up to the individual and is a matter of opinion, sometimes based on good reason and sometimes totally irrational.

We've all watched the same players but we've formed different opinions about them sometimes because of experiences we've had away from football.

Criticism maybe doesn't fit into the nicey-nicey world that some people like to pretend they live in but that is life.

There is a line that shouldn't be crossed but I think folk have done ok so far on this thread.

It is a weird phenomenon of modern football. The grounds are a lot more sanitised these days and I'm sure it's a bit nicer for Benny Brazil to read comments from 60 year old 20 stone keyboard warriors that they didn't really rate his ability at football than it was for him to take the abuse he did face to face at Easter Road at the time.

lyonhibs
13-08-2015, 12:55 PM

:fuming: Explain yourself???!! That man had great hair and the best crossfield punt I've ever seen. Yes, I know you added a caveat, but why choose Sweet Prince Zambernardi from that era. Tony Caig would have been my pick, or perhaps Jarko Piss.

Thierry Gathuessi on the other hand, now there was a ****er.

easty
13-08-2015, 01:06 PM
:fuming: Explain yourself???!! That man had great hair and the best crossfield punt I've ever seen. Yes, I know you added a caveat, but why choose Sweet Prince Zambernardi from that era. Tony Caig would have been my pick, or perhaps Jarko Piss.

Thierry Gathuessi on the other hand, now there was a ****er.

I just wanted to bring him up, it's been too long since I saw him mentioned on .net, though I did clarify that he wasn't in fact a tit, straight away, and I did almost make reference to his flowing hair in my original post. I can understand your rage at seeing this tit remark and being unable to finish reading my post though. :greengrin

Penicuik Hibee
13-08-2015, 01:06 PM
i have always tried to support all our players but we have had some howlers. Who was the Irish Centre Half we had a few years ago. Colin Murder Murdoch I think his name was. He was the worst ever.

heretoday
13-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Brian Welsh, red haired centre-half in the bad times of the late 90s. He was a dirty player.

Thief
13-08-2015, 01:37 PM
i have always tried to support all our players but we have had some howlers. Who was the Irish Centre Half we had a few years ago. Colin Murder Murdoch I think his name was. He was the worst ever.

Nothing against Murdoch but I have framed photograph on my wall of the young team who won the penalty shoot out on the way to the Livi final.
It's almost as if Colin knew he would spoil the photo :-)15263

Andy74
13-08-2015, 01:37 PM
How can I forget Scott Allan? Went from one of my favourite players in a while to complete dislike in a very short time.

All he had to do was sit tight and give us another year to follow up pretty much the only full year of football anyone had ever given him, but no.

easty
13-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Brian Welsh, red haired centre-half in the bad times of the late 90s. He was a dirty player.

Was he red haired?

bigwheel
13-08-2015, 01:44 PM

I'd have to agree with that one on Murdoch . Joe Keenan was surely up there as well

easty
13-08-2015, 01:47 PM
I'd have to agree with that one on Murdoch . Joe Keenan was surely up there as well

Its difficult to dislike Joe Keenan, as I literally cant remember anything he ever did for Hibs.

If the thread was 'Hibs players that might as well never have played for Hibs cos you cannae even remember them doing anything", he'd be one of my suggestions for that.

howdenthehibby
13-08-2015, 01:58 PM

Maybe he should borrow it from the other Andy Goram? Yes ! Andy Goram total arse ! Met him out a few times when he was still at Hibs , Always pissed and gadging drinks back then . So obviously never changed.

bigwheel
13-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Its difficult to dislike Joe Keenan, as I literally cant remember anything he ever did for Hibs.

If the thread was 'Hibs players that might as well never have played for Hibs cos you cannae even remember them doing anything", he'd be one of my suggestions for that.

That's fair enough , just gutted me that he got to wear our Jersey ...dislike wouldn't be right though - just not good enough

H18 SFR
13-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Callum Milne - I'm a Hibs boy chat, pish, just play football

Kato
13-08-2015, 03:20 PM

I met the other Andy Goram in Rutland No. 2, tosser as well.

Hibrandenburg
13-08-2015, 03:34 PM

I was having a piss in the Royal Scots bar in Germany when Mr Goram came in and stood at the urinal next to me. I don't want to get too personal but from what I saw it explains his behaviour and confirms an old cliché.

Hibrandenburg
13-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Graeme Fyffe & Aly Scott both ex-huns. We swapped in fine player in Iain Munro for those muppets. Oh and add Martin Henderson to the list.... slow as a week in jail.

Ally Scott scored one of the best goals I've seen at Easter Road against the Huns.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2015, 03:51 PM
There's a yackback feel to this one? I wonder if the poppy thieves forum has a similar thread about their players. if not will one of our undercovers get one started please.

portohibee
13-08-2015, 04:32 PM
I met ex Hearts Walter Kidd in Mitchell's in Gilmerton a few years back and I didn't dislike him.

Thought he was a good guy.

But always booed him on the park.....

Good guy Wattie, he's a mate, granted still a hertz *Removed* but a mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
13-08-2015, 04:36 PM
There's a yackback feel to this one? I wonder if the poppy thieves forum has a similar thread about their players. if not will one of our undercovers get one started please.

There was an almost identical thread on Kickback a few weeks ago, although about Hearts players obviously.

FWIW I tend to agree with easty above, I don't really see why saying you disliked a player no longer at the club is that big a deal.

Anyway I'll say John Rankin. Nowhere near as bad a player as many made out and a dedicated pro as well by all accounts. He was never out the papers with the bold statements about what we were going to do, sadly he played in one.of those teams that rarely delivered. It's not hard to see why the press often went to him as he comes across as quite an articulate guy but I just don't like those rent a quote type players that every dressing room seems to have at least one.

blaikie
13-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Michael Stewart for obvious reasons

bill the hibby
13-08-2015, 04:52 PM
I like this thread, interesting to see what names come up, been a few shocks and a few obvious ones...im really stumped trying to think of someone but their will be a few, I didn't really ever take to stokes.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2015, 05:13 PM
There was an almost identical thread on Kickback a few weeks ago, although about Hearts players obviously.

FWIW I tend to agree with easty above, I don't really see why saying you disliked a player no longer at the club is that big a deal.

Anyway I'll say John Rankin. Nowhere near as bad a player as many made out and a dedicated pro as well by all accounts. He was never out the papers with the bold statements about what we were going to do, sadly he played in one.of those teams that rarely delivered. It's not hard to see why the press often went to him as he comes across as quite an articulate guy but I just don't like those rent a quote type players that every dressing room seems to have at least one.

Cheers PB - I am still unable to get into throwback but will set up another wee proxy soon - nae feelings either way about having a pop at players one didn't like - Andy Goram - there I knew I could do it:wink:

Caldwellog was another one, and don't get me started on the recent version of Kenny Miller...................

Penicuik Hibee
13-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Good guy Wattie, he's a mate, granted still a hertz *Removed* but a mate Sent from my iPad using Tapatalki used to work for a company who sponsored Hearts so had to attend a few of their games & went out with the team a couple of times. It wasn't easy being a Hibby (& they all knew I was). There were some who were arrogant & up themselves. But I have to admit, Walter Kidd was one of the nicest guys I have met in football. A real Gentleman. As was McPherson. Saying nothing about Levein & Jimmy Sandison tho

heidtheba
13-08-2015, 05:35 PM
i used to work for a company who sponsored Hearts so had to attend a few of their games & went out with the team a couple of times. It wasn't easy being a Hibby (& they all knew I was). There were some who were arrogant & up themselves. But I have to admit, Walter Kidd was one of the nicest guys I have met in football. A real Gentleman. As was McPherson. Saying nothing about Levein & Jimmy Sandison tho

Yeap I had a similar experience with David Weir (not a fan and an arrogant show off) when I took my class of kids to Tynecastle for an activity years ago. I've told this story before but the players weren't scheduled in to meet us or anything but they'd been training and were finishing up. Weir and a few others walked past giving it the 'billy big uns' look and swagger. Totally blanked the class, including a couple of wee Hearts fans. Steven Fulton couldn't have been nicer. Saw us, came UP to us, spent a long time talking to each of the kids and was a really really nice guy.

Hibs players I never took to? Stokes - didn't like his off the field points of view.
Wilkins - clapping Rangers at the end of a game when we were losing (and part of me had really wanted to like him too)
Doherty - don't even need to explain that one.
Never really took to Dirk Lehmann.

Hibs players I really liked that I didn't ever meet but just liked them for being them?

David Farrell - always tried hard and was as honest a pro as I've seen.
Gareth Evans - mainly because my mate always talked about how hard working he was.
Kevin McAllister - legend, LOVED watching him play.
Sauzee - Obviously...
Lewis - just a really nice bloke.

Did meet Ian Murray once, really nice guy and I liked him for that.

FranckSuzy
13-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Some posters might not think that there's anything wrong with this thread but, IMHO, it's poor form on the back of a defeat, after a good few weeks of positive PR from the club. Would this thread have appeared if we'd won last weekend? I hae ma doots, as they say....

hibee_girl
13-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Some posters might not think that there's anything wrong with this thread but, IMHO, it's poor form on the back of a defeat, after a good few weeks of positive PR from the club. Would this thread have appeared if we'd won last weekend? I hae ma doots, as they say....

Probably seeing as it's not about current players.

People are allowed to dislike people, it's a fact of life.

FranckSuzy
13-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Probably seeing as it's not about current players.

People are allowed to dislike people, it's a fact of life.

Fair enough but do we really need any more reasons to be peed off? :greengrin

Craig_HFC
14-08-2015, 11:49 AM
The threads about who you didn't like as a person, not if they were a bad player or not.

Scott Smith as a person is a knob.

Craig_HFC
14-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Haha funnily enough the reason he is a knob is because he tried to do exactly that!

He failed though. :greengrin:

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Salt N Sauzee
14-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Scott Allan.

Canon Hannan
14-08-2015, 12:33 PM
None

Love them all.

Once they wear the colours they have signed an understand who we are.

Bobby Thompson.....loved him. Head butt on linesman.

Lewis77
14-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Any player who has left the greatest fitba club in the world (of own accord) to ply his trade elsewhere. Why would anyone player in right mind want to leave Hibs?

*& I'm being serious! I'd give all I have or have ever had to be 18 & pulling on that top & running out onto that pitch for the first time.

Lewis77
14-08-2015, 12:41 PM
None

Love them all.

That is probably the correct answer.

Hiber-nation
14-08-2015, 12:43 PM
That is probably the correct answer.

Except that he never head-butted a linesman.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2015, 07:25 PM
I never really took to Scott Allan. There was something about the **** that I just couldn't take to and folk on here shooting their bolt every time he played an ordinary pass just made it worse.

RoxburghHibs
14-08-2015, 07:27 PM
None

Love them all.

:flag::flag::flag:

Well said!

tamig
14-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Stokes

I'll second that. Great player, **** of a man.

bingo70
14-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I never really took to Scott Allan. There was something about the **** that I just couldn't take to and folk on here shooting their bolt every time he played an ordinary pass just made it worse.

Never noticed

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Never noticed

:tee hee: I kept it to myself in the main.

bingo70
14-08-2015, 09:27 PM
:teehee: I kept it to myself in the main.

Fwiw I was the same with Stevenson although I didn't really dislike him, it more just got on my tits how every half decent game got exaggerated. Anyway, I'm not including Stevenson on my list, seems a very likeable guy.

highland hibbee
14-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeap I had a similar experience with David Weir (not a fan and an arrogant show off) when I took my class of kids to Tynecastle for an activity years ago. I've told this story before but the players weren't scheduled in to meet us or anything but they'd been training and were finishing up. Weir and a few others walked past giving it the 'billy big uns' look and swagger. Totally blanked the class, including a couple of wee Hearts fans. Steven Fulton couldn't have been nicer. Saw us, came UP to us, spent a long time talking to each of the kids and was a really really nice guy.

Hibs players I never took to? Stokes - didn't like his off the field points of view.
Wilkins - clapping Rangers at the end of a game when we were losing (and part of me had really wanted to like him too)
Doherty - don't even need to explain that one.
Never really took to Dirk Lehmann.

Hibs players I really liked that I didn't ever meet but just liked them for being them?

David Farrell - always tried hard and was as honest a pro as I've seen.
Gareth Evans - mainly because my mate always talked about how hard working he was.
Kevin McAllister - legend, LOVED watching him play.
Sauzee - Obviously...
Lewis - just a really nice bloke.

Did meet Ian Murray once, really nice guy and I liked him for that.

I met Dirk at a player of year event and he sponsored me for an endurance event, not only that but he took my number and phoned me after the event to ask how I got on, he then spoke to my oldest son for at least 10 minutes about all things Hibs, so he's high on my all time good guy list.
Joe Harper on the other hand, I blamed him for the break up of the Tornadoes. So absolutely detest him. Funnily enough I have been out for dinner tonight with some mates and one is involved in without getting too deep, mind stuff, Tony Adams is for example one of his clients, as was Steve Paterson, to us Highlanders aka Pele. I took my granny , a life lifelong Hibbee who was at the time about 78/79 to a. Hibs game at Princess Victoria Park at Banff ( Deveoronvale) along with my lad who was about 2 and a bit. Well we got there and it was pissing down. The wee Subbuteo stand was full, I looked all around it for a seat for gran, Harper was there sat next to him was Pele, Harper looked away, not Pele, he came down, took my grans hand and took her up to his seat, with the wee man, then came and stood in the rain beside me. So, top marks to Steve Paterson, more reason to hate that wee fat ******* who , did I say, helped break up the tornadoes. Nuff said!!

lEXO
15-08-2015, 12:20 AM
I hate all Hibs players, i always have. It saves me getting upset when they leave or underperform. :wink:

heretoday
15-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Was he red haired?

It had a reddish tinge. There was plenty of it too - a bit like a Pressley or Neilson barnet. Sort of agricultural.

skipster7
15-08-2015, 09:21 AM

I've been racking my brains while reading the rest off this thread. Can't remember this guy for the life of me ??

Jim44
15-08-2015, 11:33 PM
I haven't looked back through the thread but I'd be surprised if nobody mentioned Scott Brown. I admired him as a player ......... still do but always hated him as a person ....... still do ......... snide barsteward. :greengrin

Greencore
16-08-2015, 06:11 AM
Gary o'connor.

JimBHibees
16-08-2015, 06:51 AM
I met Dirk at a player of year event and he sponsored me for an endurance event, not only that but he took my number and phoned me after the event to ask how I got on, he then spoke to my oldest son for at least 10 minutes about all things Hibs, so he's high on my all time good guy list.
Joe Harper on the other hand, I blamed him for the break up of the Tornadoes. So absolutely detest him. Funnily enough I have been out for dinner tonight with some mates and one is involved in without getting too deep, mind stuff, Tony Adams is for example one of his clients, as was Steve Paterson, to us Highlanders aka Pele. I took my granny , a life lifelong Hibbee who was at the time about 78/79 to a. Hibs game at Princess Victoria Park at Banff ( Deveoronvale) along with my lad who was about 2 and a bit. Well we got there and it was pissing down. The wee Subbuteo stand was full, I looked all around it for a seat for gran, Harper was there sat next to him was Pele, Harper looked away, not Pele, he came down, took my grans hand and took her up to his seat, with the wee man, then came and stood in the rain beside me. So, top marks to Steve Paterson, more reason to hate that wee fat ******* who , did I say, helped break up the tornadoes. Nuff said!!

Cracking story that. Can't buy class.

Billy Whizz
16-08-2015, 07:28 AM
I've been racking my brains while reading the rest off this thread. Can't remember this guy for the life of me ??

Probably played around 1/2 1st team games. Came back for preseason training and Fenlon said he was overweight. He was loaned out to Dumbarton I think, and didn't have his contract renewed. Played left back, other than that, can't remember much else about him

HappyHanlon
16-08-2015, 08:07 AM

Probably played around 1/2 1st team games. Came back for preseason training and Fenlon said he was overweight. He was loaned out to Dumbarton I think, and didn't have his contract renewed. Played left back, other than that, can't remember much else about him

Ginger hair, quite wee and stocky - now plays for East Fife.

TRC
16-08-2015, 08:53 AM
I haven't looked back through the thread but I'd be surprised if nobody mentioned Scott Brown. I admired him as a player ......... still do but always hated him as a person ....... still do ......... snide barsteward. :greengrin

I always liked Scott Brown, on and off the park. I worked in the snooker club in jocks lodge, and the hibs team would come in quite often especially the younger guys. While most would just play then leave some acting like dicks, Scott was always quiet and took time to chat about football and Hibs, very respectful of the place and the staff.

sbell1875
16-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Junior Agogo was pretty dreadful.

sbell1875
16-08-2015, 09:08 AM
I'd also like to add Colin Murdock as well.

A truly horrific defender.

Jim44
16-08-2015, 09:13 AM
I always liked Scott Brown, on and off the park. I worked in the snooker club in jocks lodge, and the hibs team would come in quite often especially the younger guys. While most would just play then leave some acting like dicks, Scott was always quiet and took time to chat about football and Hibs, very respectful of the place and the staff.

Fair enough, maybe I just clocked him during his not so pleasant moments.

16-08-2015, 09:28 AM

Must admit, he one of the very few players who moved from hibs to the OF that I still quite like. Seen him a few times out and about and looks to be a good character and a decent guy.