PDA

View Full Version : What do we think of this team?

TheFamous1875
11-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Reguero.

Gray. Forster. Fontaine. Stevenson.

Bartley. Hanlon.

Carmichael. S. Allan. Boyle.

Cummings.

bill the hibby
11-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Reguero.

Bartley. Hanlon.

Cummings.

Don't think cummings up top on his own would work...he's not physical enough

hibbymick
11-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Stevenson is no left back.

TrinityHibs
11-08-2015, 07:49 AM

I thought Stevenson was in the team of the Championship last year as a left back. They must have got it wrong if what you are saying is correct.

Steve20
11-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Not keen on Hanlon in midfield. Also, I'd be looking for a better striker than Cummings. Yeah, top scorer last season (tbh Hearts never had a striker who played nearly as many games) but he misses far too many easy chances and I think we need a striker to hit 25+ goals to have a chance of promotion, as our midfield doesn't look likely to chip in with many goals.

offshorehibby
11-08-2015, 08:23 AM
We're not paying money for McGinn and not playing him.

GreenCastle
11-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Reguero.

Bartley. Hanlon.

Cummings.

In this league we shouldn't need 2 holding midfielders - only maybe ibrox away.

Cummings struggles up top on own.

Currently Boyle,Carmichael and Forster are all injured or not ready for 1st team start.

McGinn and Fyvie need to play if both fit.

DH1875
11-08-2015, 08:36 AM
We're not paying money for McGinn and not playing him.

Yip. Gotta play McGinn. Also don't think Cummings up front on his own isn't ideal.

the da
11-08-2015, 08:51 AM

Another vote for wee lewis god help us

Brightside
11-08-2015, 08:53 AM
The 4231 doesn't always mean that the 2 Holding don't also support attacks. The system works very well if you have the right players. (ie Man City last night)

But for this league I'd always be going 352... we should be over running every team in midfield. This means you don't always need to have Gray and Stevenson. You play two more attacking wide player instead, and one of the CMs can drop back to support the 3 when required.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Gutless bunch of wasters

worcesterhibby
11-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Reguero.

Gray. Fontaine. Stevenson.

Fyvie

McGinn S. Allan. Stanton

Malonga

Keatings Cummings

Subs - Boyle, Hanlon, Bartley, Oxley, Martin

(Boyle to replace Stanton in last 30 mins as Stanton told to run himself into the ground carrying the ball and tracking back to cover. Martin to replace McGinn at same time for similar reasons)

= Hibernian 4 Morton 1

DH1875
11-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Reguero.

Fyvie

McGinn S. Allan. Stanton

Malonga

Keatings Cummings

(Boyle to replace Stanton in last 30 mins as Stanton told to run himself into the ground carrying the ball and tracking back to cover. Martin to replace McGinn at same time for similar reasons)

= Hibernian 4 Morton 1

Sounds good. Only problem I can see is that Keatings is out injured.

Brightside
11-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Reguero.

Fyvie

McGinn S. Allan. Stanton

Malonga

Keatings Cummings

= Hibernian 4 Morton 1

Playing two FBs as CBs in a back 3 would seem odd.

HFC 0-7
11-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Playing two FBs as CBs in a back 3 would seem odd.

Yup, plus that back three would get a doing at crosses, not enough height there.

worcesterhibby
11-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Yup, plus that back three would get a doing at crosses, not enough height there.

Morton wouldn't get the ball. :greengrin

PISTOL1875
11-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Reguero.

Bartley. Hanlon.

Cummings.

first problem is that Forster is injured so Hanlon would have to fill in until hes fit.. PH's place can be fill by Fraser Fyfie. Boyle and Carmichael play as wide as possible to stretch them as they will no doubt be parking the bus...

WeeRussell
11-08-2015, 10:55 AM
I think we'd hammer them :greengrin

HappyHanlon
11-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Reguero

Gray Hanlon Fonts Lewy

Bartley

McGinn Fyvie Stanton

KingDom Jase

No interested in another Cirque du Allan - bench for him and let players who want to actually play for the club play.

Jones28
11-08-2015, 11:39 AM
When was the last time we played with wing backs? Might this be worth another go when everyone's fit?

lyonhibs
11-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Reguero.

Fyvie

McGinn S. Allan. Stanton

Malonga

Keatings Cummings

= Hibernian 4 Morton 1

Hi, John Collins, Aberdeen away with Kevin McCann at centre half. Is that you?

since90plustwo
11-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Not keen on Hanlon in midfield. Also, I'd be looking for a better striker than Cummings. Yeah, top scorer last season (tbh Hearts never had a striker who played nearly as many games) but he misses far too many easy chances and I think we need a striker to hit 25+ goals to have a chance of promotion, as our midfield doesn't look likely to chip in with many goals.

He scored 23 last year at 19 years old. hes already got 2 in 3 games this year.

Centre Hawf
11-08-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm surprised to see so many people wanting to Forster in at CH over Paul Hanlon. Sorry but Forster is no where near Hanlons ability, people seem to be jumping to panic mode with the loss on Saturday, we lost to two set pieces and neither of them were given away by Paul, or had Oxley at fault for that matter.

Also no danger should we be playing with 2 defensive minded midfielders regardless of whether they can "chip into attacks". Bartley looked lost when the team had the ball on Saturday, he clearly has one motivation and that's breaking up the other teams play. If a team sit's in against us, which 9 games out of 10 they will, he will be as good as a man short.