PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs tells it like it is

emerald green
10-08-2015, 12:41 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-some-hibs-players-hid-behind-allan-saga-1-3853673

See above (this time I hope).

Keith_M
10-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Thing is, if he's gonna drop some of the defenders, who comes on in their place?

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Good to hear he is angry after that result, maybe kicked a few backsides after game, and told them that performances must be to higher standard. I hope the players take that on board......

southern hibby
10-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Good to hear he is angry after that result, maybe kicked a few backsides after game, and told them that performances must be to higher standard. I hope the players take that on board......

BF, maybe he did kick some backside, but who kicks his. Striker for a midfield player, then 10-15 minutes later a midfielder off and striker on. Not having a go at him, just think he makes mistakes too.

GGTTH

Libby Hibby
10-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Glad to see this from Stubbs as a few on here criticised him for his aftermatch comments not being strong enough but this looks like he was hurting just as much as us.

Andy74
10-08-2015, 01:30 PM
BF, maybe he did kick some backside, but who kicks his. Striker for a midfield player, then 10-15 minutes later a midfielder off and striker on. Not having a go at him, just think he makes mistakes too.

GGTTH

He did put Stanton on up front though. He will have an idea how long he could have expected from the likes of Boyle and Carmichael who have been pushed back in because no one else is fit. He would have liked to have brought Faird or Keatings on instead I'm sure.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-08-2015, 01:38 PM
I'd rather he highlighted where we are going wrong.

Not quick enough etc.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

southern hibby
10-08-2015, 01:40 PM
A74, yes he did when Stantons scored this season he's been playing in midfield. Surely you can see my point though, or let me put it another way taking Cummings off, why? If we had taken Fyvie off ( worst performance I've seen him in a Hibs top and brought Stanton on in his place or alternatively moved Fyvie into Bartletts position ( Bartlett off ) and Stanton into Fyvie's.

There is so many options available but taking of a striker to bring on a midfield player in a strikers position, has me wondering all day long why?
GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 01:41 PM

GGTTH

Aye but let's not forgot JC did little of any note on Saturday. If he was doing well that sub would never have happened. Sometimes the manager can't win, if he had left JC on and we still lost, you would have got people questioning how JC got the full game etc....

Big_Franck
10-08-2015, 01:41 PM
We need more competition for places in defence and in goals if the players are to take his threat seriously. At the moment they know they'll be playing again against Morton regardless of how they did at Dumbarton.

Be interesting to see if Reguero gets a game next week. After the rangers game and Saturday if he doesn't get his chance then he's unlikely to play a league game all season IMO. It's not really competition for Oxley then.

southern hibby
10-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Aye but let's not forgot JC did little of any note on Saturday. If he was doing well that sub would never have happened. Sometimes the manager can't win, if he had left JC on and we still lost, you would have got people questioning how JC got the full game etc....

Probably true, because if it did work I wouldn't be criticising if be praising FACT. Non a fickle as a football fan who's teams just been humped

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
10-08-2015, 01:53 PM
It's good to hear he said the result was unacceptable and that players will be axed. Now he needs to get a response against Morton, and we'd better not see Oxley in the team for one.

By the way, every Hibs article is commented on by maroonic obsessives. They must scour the internet looking for Hibs stories. :-D

AL-Qaholik
10-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Where exactly is the competition for places in defence??
Oxley has had his chances too, time to give Reguero a shot...

silverhibee
10-08-2015, 02:55 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-some-hibs-players-hid-behind-allan-saga-1-3853673

See above (this time I hope).

So he is admitting that the circus around the Scott Allan saga is affecting the other players, or is he using it as a excuse, :dunno:, this might not go down well but i would remove Allan from the squad and make him train with the youngsters so the players who want to be at Hibs can get on with the job in hand without this distraction that SA/Mates/Agent/The Rangers and everyone else who has there thoughts on why SA should be allowed to move to the West are causing to Hibs FC.

I would not play him this weekend and get another player in from the squad to get him game time against Morton so that the player who comes in is prepared for the trip to Ibrox as there is no way Stubbs can even consider playing SA at Ibrox for that game, i wouldn't even have him in the squad for the trip to Greyskull, i wouldn't have him anywhere near Ibrox when we play them.

I'm sure this is just a warning from Stubbs to let the players know he is not happy and they need to improve for next week, i doubt anyone will get dropped, but if he starts mucking about with the defence and changing things about so early in to the season then i might start to worry.

Morton will come this weekend with one thing on there mind, get the first goal and the home support will turn on there players, the SA saga isn't helping and Jim Duffy will be thinking right now this is the best time to be playing Hibs with the problems at the Hibs just now.

5-1 Hibs. And that is without Allan in the team.

andrew70
10-08-2015, 03:04 PM
So he is admitting that the circus around the Scott Allan saga is affecting the other players, or is he using it as a excuse, :dunno:, this might not go down well but i would remove Allan from the squad and make him train with the youngsters so the players who want to be at Hibs can get on with the job in hand without this distraction that SA/Mates/Agent/The Rangers and everyone else who has there thoughts on why SA should be allowed to move to the West are causing to Hibs FC.

I would not play him this weekend and get another player in from the squad to get him game time against Morton so that the player who comes in is prepared for the trip to Ibrox as there is no way Stubbs can even consider playing SA at Ibrox for that game, i wouldn't even have him in the squad for the trip to Greyskull, i wouldn't have him anywhere near Ibrox when we play them.

I'm sure this is just a warning from Stubbs to let the players know he is not happy and they need to improve for next week, i doubt anyone will get dropped, but if he starts mucking about with the defence and changing things about so early in to the season then i might start to worry.

Morton will come this weekend with one thing on there mind, get the first goal and the home support will turn on there players, the SA saga isn't helping and Jim Duffy will be thinking right now this is the best time to be playing Hibs with the problems at the Hibs just now.

This 100%. He doesn't want to be here, we need to move on and quickly if we are to win this league.

Libby Hibby
10-08-2015, 03:04 PM

Bang on Silver, only play players that want to be at Hibernian FC. We are trying to create something at ER and need everyone pulling in the same direction and if SA doesn't want to part of that, then don't play him if his situation is starting to affect the squad as a whole. Only Stubbs and the coaching staff will know if this is affecting others. I don't really blame SA but the circus that is surrounding him just now is certainly not helpful.

Smartie
10-08-2015, 03:12 PM
This 100%. He doesn't want to be here, we need to move on and quickly if we are to win this league.

Nah, I totally disagree.

If he wants a move, he can earn it on the park.

He's not let anyone down yet with his performances where it matters.

He faded out the game on Saturday, better players than him have faded out of games when the team they've been playing in have struggled towards a honking result.

If we had had a bit more in the final third for him to hit, if he'd not been hoofed up in the air 4 or 5 times, and we'd given ourselves a lead in a game we were comfortably on top in on Saturday then maybe we'd have given him a bit more to think about in terms of where he wants to play his football this season.

With the helmets fighting amongst themselves in the stand, no wingers, strikers than won't make runs across their man, dithering centre-halves and our calamity keeper tbh as I life-long Hibs fan even I didn't want to have much to do with us on Saturday.

And I still think he should stay and I still think we can get the upper hand on The Rangers. Get our players fit, get a settled line-up and The Rangers are there for the taking. They were a missed penalty away from dropping their first 2 home points of the season - home form especially will be vital this year.

matty_f
10-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Nah, I totally disagree.

He faded out the game on Saturday, better players than him have faded out of games when the team they've been playing in have struggled towards a honking result.

If we had had a bit more in the final third for him to hit, if he'd not been hoofed up in the air 4 or 5 times, and we'd given ourselves a lead in a game we were comfortably on top in on Saturday then maybe we'd have given him a bit more to think about in terms of where he wants to play his football this season.

With the helmets fighting amongst themselves in the stand, no wingers, strikers than won't make runs across their man, dithering centre-halves and our calamity keeper tbh as I life-long Hibs fan even I didn't want to have much to do with us on Saturday.

And I still think he should stay and I still think we can get the upper hand on The Rangers. Get our players fit, get a settled line-up and The Rangers are there for the taking. They were a missed penalty away from dropping their first 2 home points of the season - home form especially will be vital this year.

:agree: I think if Hibs are adamant that we are keeping him, then Allan should play. Dropping him creates an even bigger distraction, IMHO.

andrew70
10-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Nah, I totally disagree.

To be taken for a ride in January when he signs a pre-contract with the huns. He's already shown how (un) professional he is by handing in a transfer request.

Jesus Christ we are Hibernian F.C. he's not bigger than us and never will be. The way some fans are going on it's as if we are about to lose Messi.

He's a disrespectful idiot who is continuing to try and get his move to Rangers. He was poor like the rest of the team on Saturday but it's time to leave him in the stand and play players who want to honour this badge not someone who has "aspirations" of playing for our nearest challengers.

We'll get the better of Rangers but we'll do it without him and quite rightly so.

FitbaFolkKen
10-08-2015, 04:46 PM
To be taken for a ride in January when he signs a pre-contract with the huns. He's already shown how (un) professional he is by handing in a transfer request.

Jesus Christ we are Hibernian F.C. he's not bigger than us and never will be. The way some fans are going on it's as if we are about to lose Messi.

He's a disrespectful idiot who is continuing to try and get his move to Rangers. He was poor like the rest of the team on Saturday but it's time to leave him in the stand and play players who want to honour this badge not someone who has "aspirations" of playing for our nearest challengers.

We'll get the better of Rangers but we'll do it without him and quite rightly so.

The first time I read that I thought you said "He's already shown how (hun)professional he is.." made me laugh.

I'm kind of with you on this, he isn't bigger than the club and I would just like an end to it so we can just get on with the season.

As for Stubbs he has said the right things and it will be interesting to see the line up on Saturday. We need a positive result before going to Ibrox. If we can pick ourselves up and get a result there the season is back on track. However if we stumble at the weekend and get gubbed at Ibrox the season looks very very dire. It really is as simple as that.

Smartie
10-08-2015, 04:58 PM

And if he was chucking the toys out the pram, not performing on the pitch and obviously causing problems I'd agree with you.

Watch the reaction from the other players when he scored against Montrose. Watch his performance in the first half on Saturday.

There's a time to do the "no player is bigger than the club stuff" and I wouldn't rule out that at some point during this saga we might have to go there. But on this occasion I think we need to get over ourselves. We need our best players playing - for us.

You can choose to be disrupted by all of this or you can choose not to be disrupted. I'd rather choose not to be disrupted, not to play into The Rangers/ the media/ maybe even Allan's hands and work his ticket out of here.

He's not going to The Rangers. He might go elsewhere if a suitable bid comes in for him and he fancies it.

The best outcome for us is - still - that he commits to us this year, plays a blinder and has his pick of clubs next summer. What is the best way to ensure that happens? Castigate him for every error, even when he's playing well? Ostracise him? Not pick him? Seriously?

Keep the heid.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-08-2015, 04:58 PM
As I've said on another thread this issue is bigger than Scott Allan its about laying down a marker how we'll treat and subsequently be treated in the future by other players, clubs and agents.

silverhibee
10-08-2015, 05:07 PM
:agree: I think if Hibs are adamant that we are keeping him, then Allan should play. Dropping him creates an even bigger distraction, IMHO.

Maybe not for the players who want to get on with things at Hibs and play for the jersey, as Stubbs says, the SA saga/circus is having an affect on some of the players, rather than drop half the team who want to be at Hibs just drop Allan and let him sit out of things until the window closes, he is the one who has asked to leave the club, and odds on he only wants to go West to play for them, our rivals for this season.

It is so obvious that this circus is having an affect on the club players and us the fans, everything was looking rosy for the season ahead, positivity was starting to surface that we would get of to a flyer this season and a good atmosphere around the place, then it started, bids from Rangers, leaked photos, leaked stories to the press, best mate wishing he was playing alongside him in the Rangers team, and BOOM, a transfer request from SA that he wants to leave Hibs, he has made his bed for the time being, Stubbs should remove him from the squad until the window closes and if he is still a Hibs player after it closes then Stubbs sits down with him and tells him it is up to him if he is going to knuckle down until the next window opens, then we go through all this again, pre contract signed with the currant buns on the 1st of January.

If Stubbs is asked about him being dropped by the press then Stubbs just needs to answer back by saying "I'm only going to talk about the players who want to play for the Hibs jersey", or he doesn't have to say a thing to the press about it, a, "I won't be answering any questions about SA today, we have a game to concentrate on and that's what i will talk about".

As folk keep saying, no one player is bigger than the club, certainly not a guy who has done sweet f*** all in his career apart from cause trouble at each club he has been at, done nothing in the game and is acting like some big shot that he is better than others, and yet apart from last season where he had a good season in a pishy league he has done nothing elsewhere of note in football.

Once again, he should be dropped from the squad until the window closes, if, he is still a Hibs player after it closes then depending how well the team are doing he might have to sit on the bench for a bit if the team are doing well without him, and he needs to work hard to get back in to it.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2015, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure Stubbs should be getting any stick, lets wait until he can put his team on the park. :rolleyes:

FFS there's always an excuse at easter road.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure Stubbs should be getting any stick, lets wait until he can put his team on the park. :rolleyes:

Is there?

Keith_M
10-08-2015, 05:13 PM

:rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
10-08-2015, 05:36 PM
I get what he is saying but our biggest issue is at the back and even when we have a fully fit squad there isnt much in the way of options for stubbs to back up his threat.

Interesting that he is talking about the players hiding behind the Allan saga. I wouldnt imagine stubbs would want to add to the circus and let the media get into a spin even more about the Allan saga so he must be sure that was what was effecting the players. If he is sure thats what is effecting the players then something must have been said by one or more of the players IMO. Depending on what the issue is, it could cause a lot of bother if the player is removed from the starting line up whilst Allan, a player that doesnt want to be here, remains in the team. What if Fontaine or Cummings that has been unsettles by the Allan saga, not sure I would be particularly happy if one of them get dropped for a player that doesnt want to be here.

andrew70
10-08-2015, 05:50 PM
And if he was chucking the toys out the pram, not performing on the pitch and obviously causing problems I'd agree with you.

Watch the reaction from the other players when he scored against Montrose. Watch his performance in the first half on Saturday.

There's a time to do the "no player is bigger than the club stuff" and I wouldn't rule out that at some point during this saga we might have to go there. But on this occasion I think we need to get over ourselves. We need our best players playing - for us.

You can choose to be disrupted by all of this or you can choose not to be disrupted. I'd rather choose not to be disrupted, not to play into The Rangers/ the media/ maybe even Allan's hands and work his ticket out of here.

He's not going to The Rangers. He might go elsewhere if a suitable bid comes in for him and he fancies it.

The best outcome for us is - still - that he commits to us this year, plays a blinder and has his pick of clubs next summer. What is the best way to ensure that happens? Castigate him for every error, even when he's playing well? Ostracise him? Not pick him? Seriously?

Keep the heid.

Would you play him at Ibrox? Having made it clear he wants to play for them?

If yes than I salute your faith in him.

I think his agent, Rangers and Allan themselves have played a game with our great club. Rangers initially they tried to destabilise us having watched us in pre-season. Allan and his agent have then thought they could make some easy money and totally disregarded us.

If you can trust him to play for us then fair play but neither his (poor) performance on Saturday, his demeanour or his teammates demeanour leads me to believe that he'll do well for us this season. It's not in his interests should all he wish to do is play for Rangers.

Ostracizing him is the only way IMO. Freeze him out the game and make 3/4 season's he's hardly played and treat him with the same disrespect he's treated us.

Although I guess we can argue either side of this all night. That's not what we should be doing. Another way of Rangers getting to us...the bids, the press etc it all causes problems. Unsettles us and causes in-fighting which I very doubt is only happening within supporters of our club.

The whole plan has worked a treat for them, I can only hope we end up on top in this particular saga because Allan may not care if we are in this league for a third year but we sure as hell do.

SON OF PADDY
10-08-2015, 05:52 PM

Keep the heid.

You my friend are 100% correct !
Whilst I'm deeply disappointed with the players
transfer request, he has not yet let anyone down with his performance on the park.
I honestly don't think that we can afford not to play him.

bingo70
10-08-2015, 06:02 PM
We can have the best of both worlds imo by keeping him on the bench and using him as an impact player if we need him.

Greenblood70
10-08-2015, 06:20 PM

Couldn't agree more Silver.

WestStandMoaner
10-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Maybe not for the players who want to get on with things at Hibs and play for the jersey, as Stubbs says, the SA saga/circus is having an affect on some of the players, rather than drop half the team who want to be at Hibs just drop Allan and let him sit out of things until the window closes, he is the one who has asked to leave the club, and odds on he only wants to go West to play for them, our rivals for this season.

It is so obvious that this circus is having an affect on the club players and us the fans, everything was looking rosy for the season ahead, positivity was starting to surface that we would get of to a flyer this season and a good atmosphere around the place, then it started, bids from Rangers, leaked photos, leaked stories to the press, best mate wishing he was playing alongside him in the Rangers team, and BOOM, a transfer request from SA that he wants to leave Hibs, he has made his bed for the time being, Stubbs should remove him from the squad until the window closes and if he is still a Hibs player after it closes then Stubbs sits down with him and tells him it is up to him if he is going to knuckle down until the next window opens, then we go through all this again, pre contract signed with the currant buns on the 1st of January.

If Stubbs is asked about him being dropped by the press then Stubbs just needs to answer back by saying "I'm only going to talk about the players who want to play for the Hibs jersey", or he doesn't have to say a thing to the press about it, a, "I won't be answering any questions about SA today, we have a game to concentrate on and that's what i will talk about".

As folk keep saying, no one player is bigger than the club, certainly not a guy who has done sweet f*** all in his career apart from cause trouble at each club he has been at, done nothing in the game and is acting like some big shot that he is better than others, and yet apart from last season where he had a good season in a pishy league he has done nothing elsewhere of note in football.

Once again, he should be dropped from the squad until the window closes, if, he is still a Hibs player after it closes then depending how well the team are doing he might have to sit on the bench for a bit if the team are doing well without him, and he needs to work hard to get back in to it.

:agree:
Spot on

Ronniekirk
10-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Thing is, if he's gonna drop some of the defenders, who comes on in their place?

As things stand an untried youngster ,unless he plays Bartley in a different position .

Stubbs made a big issue of continuity in defence ,to the point he waited an age for Keith Watson to prove his fitness and he couldn't .That has left us with no options given Fosters injury .Folk stating Gray looks a yard off the pace from his best form last season ,and Fontaine who we all wanted resigned looks out of sorts .
Stevenson has no competition so if his delivery into box is poor for a few games he knows he won't be dropped .
Stubbs is a defender so must be seeing the poor performances and you wonder if he is beginning to think have I done the right thing
Our next defensive signing will be interesting ,ie will it be someone versatile for cover or will he have a change of heart and now go for a player capable of holding a first team place down and improving us

emerald green
10-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Stubbs then turned his attention to the continued speculation over the future of Allan, who made his first start of the season. He said: “I am not going to allow or let the players use the events of the last few weeks as an excuse because it’s certainly not.

“I think some players have hid behind that and I won’t allow it. What goes on in the media has no bearing whatsoever with the players. They have to get on with it and put it aside. This result was not acceptable.”

This is the quote from AS in the EEN article I liked the most. The Allan saga, engineered by the Huns and their placemen in the media and elsewhere, has been designed to cause disruption at Hibs.

The Hibs players must be professional and show some balls and not allow this matter to affect their performance on the pitch. They are paid to do a job for Hibs. They must do that job to the best of their ability. No excuses. The club, the coaching staff, and the supporters deserve nothing less.

bill the hibby
10-08-2015, 07:14 PM
I really like seeing stubbs come out and not use his usual excuses...it's nice to see him saying that the result is not acceptable and will not hesitate to make any changes if he feels a player isn't pullig their weight.

bingo70
10-08-2015, 07:23 PM
I really like seeing stubbs come out and not use his usual excuses...it's nice to see him saying that the result is not acceptable and will not hesitate to make any changes if he feels a player isn't pullig their weight.

up until now I think he's played a blinder with the media, I'm not sure this was a great thing to say though.

He's got a group of players that want to play for hibs and one that doesn't, the ones that want to play fir us are bound to be getting fed up of hearing about Scott Allan being the best player in the team while they do their best for the club.....then Stubbs criticises them while Allan gets off Scot free.

I think he could have been critical of the performance without mentioning the Allan saga.

emerald green
10-08-2015, 07:29 PM
I think he could have been critical of the performance without mentioning the Allan saga.

Reading what he said, it seems to me Stubbs thinks the two things are linked.

bill the hibby
10-08-2015, 07:32 PM
up until now I think he's played a blinder with the media, I'm not sure this was a great thing to say though.

He's got a group of players that want to play for hibs and one that doesn't, the ones that want to play fir us are bound to be getting fed up of hearing about Scott Allan being the best player in the team while they do their best for the club.....then Stubbs criticises them while Allan gets off Scot free.

Yea I agree, probably didn't have to mention the allan situation but was just making the point that it's nice to see him admitting that performances like that are not acceptable

bingo70
10-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Reading what he said, it seems to me Stubbs thinks the two things are linked.

I don't think it's always smart to say publicly what you're thinking.

As I said though I think he's played a blinder up till now but that was possibly a Kevin Keegan moment when he's just said a bit too much, I personally think the Huns will be delighted he's publicly brought his other players into this.

emerald green
10-08-2015, 07:40 PM
I don't think it's always smart to say publicly what you're thinking.

As I said though I think he's played a blinder up till now but that was possibly a Kevin Keegan moment when he's just said a bit too much, I personally think the Huns will be delighted he's publicly brought his other players into this.

Yep, it's a fair enough point you are making, and I understand what you are saying.

My opinion (FWIW) though is this thing has been hanging around like a bad smell, and what Stubbs said needed to be brought out into the open.

Hopefully, what he has said will be taken on board by ALL the players, including Scott Allan, they will act like professionals and get on with their job and destroy Morton on Saturday.

RedHibby
10-08-2015, 08:33 PM
I have heard numerous rumours that he is causing problems with other players. One player was going to knock him out is what is doing the rounds. True or not he needs to go but not to Sevco.

green day
10-08-2015, 08:42 PM
I have heard numerous rumours that he is causing problems with other players. One player was going to knock him out is what is doing the rounds. True or not he needs to go but not to Sevco.

Are you just posting the same quote on every thread?

Kato
11-08-2015, 07:03 AM

You're pretty determined to spread your rumours.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2015, 07:11 AM

Hmmm.

http://youtu.be/hnOHPZ51hAc

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2015, 07:14 AM

Is it not just an echo?

Brightside
11-08-2015, 07:52 AM

Totally made up...and being spread by dafties.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2015, 07:57 AM
Totally made up...and being spread by dafties.

Will the dafties know they're dafties?

Kato
11-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Will the dafties know they're dafties?

I'm a daftie but I'm not spreading any rumours but I expect the rumour spreaders to be i.t.k. re-their daftie status.

eezo63
11-08-2015, 09:13 AM

Keep the heid.

:top marks