PDA

View Full Version : The second half malaise

Smartie
10-08-2015, 12:08 PM
When I got there on Saturday we were already one down but for the rest of the first half I thought we were excellent. We got the goal back and were unlucky not to be in front. Allan was getting on the ball and making things happen, Malonga and Cummings looked likely to get in behind them, Martin was also driving the team on and our fullbacks were pushing up well.

The team went to pieces again in the second half though. The urgency disappeared and about 20 minutes or so into the second half (even before the goal we had fallen out of it) our passing had gone to pieces and we looked flat.

This has been a regular feature under Stubbs. We often start games well, we often "win" first halves of games.

But far, far too often we've fallen out of games in the second half. I can think of many games where we've lost points from a winning position but very few where we've gained points. And I can't remember any time when we've been slow to get going but built up momentum and improved as a game went on.

What's going on?

Argylehibby
10-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Said the same thing on Saturday. We always start the 2nd half very slowly and let the opposition get a grip of the game which we don't always get back. No idea what we put in the half-time cuppa or whether we play some relaxing music to them but they come out half asleep every week.